I like Finidi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
I like Finidi

Post by 1naija »

...but given that we have a WC qualifier in June, how many of you will complain if the job is given to an Onyibo coach? And please don't come here and spew that wowo nonsense when you have been quiet since the match today.

The bottom life is, while it is not fair to use one loss to judge a local coach, it's not necessarily the result, but how we played. More importantly, what confidence do you have that we can win our game against South African given how we played in the 2 games? And I think Ghana was far better than Mali.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I like Finidi

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:05 am ...but given that we have a WC qualifier in June, how many of you will complain if the job is given to an Onyibo coach. And please don't come here and spew that wowo nonsense when you been quiet since the match today.

The bottoming is while it is not fair to use one loss to judge a local coach, it's not necessarily the result, but how we played. More importantly, what confidence do you have that we can win our game against South African given how we played in the 2 games? And I think Ghana was far better than Mali.
Let Eguavoen take over against SA and Finidi starts the next window. Nff own this not Finidi.
OCCUPY NFF!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

1naija wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:05 am ...but given that we have a WC qualifier in June, how many of you will complain if the job is given to an Onyibo coach? And please don't come here and spew that wowo nonsense when you have been quiet since the match today.

The bottom life is, while it is not fair to use one loss to judge a local coach, it's not necessarily the result, but how we played. More importantly, what confidence do you have that we can win our game against South African given how we played in the 2 games? And I think Ghana was far better than Mali.
Finidi is one of several candidates, local and foreign. Why should a poor friendly performance rule him out? Did we rule out all Portuguese coaches after Peserio's poor performance in the AFCON final?
mutiman
Egg
Egg

Post by mutiman »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:08 am
1naija wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:05 am ...but given that we have a WC qualifier in June, how many of you will complain if the job is given to an Onyibo coach. And please don't come here and spew that wowo nonsense when you been quiet since the match today.

The bottoming is while it is not fair to use one loss to judge a local coach, it's not necessarily the result, but how we played. More importantly, what confidence do you have that we can win our game against South African given how we played in the 2 games? And I think Ghana was far better than Mali.
Let Eguavoen take over against SA and Finidi starts the next window. Nff own this not Finidi.
Eguavoen is not the answer. He's still stuck in 1994, football has moved on.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

1naija wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:05 am ...but given that we have a WC qualifier in June, how many of you will complain if the job is given to an Onyibo coach? And please don't come here and spew that wowo nonsense when you have been quiet since the match today.

Oh it's now about how we played? When one raised that point after the AFCON final, what did you say? Remember?
Do i smell double standards?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

WCQ at this stage has a lot to do with familiarity.

You need a team of coaches that understands what it takes to play these qualifiers.

Finidi was hard done by the quality of personnel at his disposal and how he chose to play them.

We once again have shone that we are not able to beat quality teams without Osimhen. Which for me is a crying shame (c) RobbyBabs.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Let the highlighted sink in firts.

Then, what point did you raise and what did I say?

azuka wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:30 pm

Oh it's now about how we played? When one raised that point after the AFCON final, what did you say? Remember?
Do i smell double standards?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Oh, now the quality of players at a coach's disposal matters? Weren't you the one counting games executed with all homebased players as a reflection of the coaches quality?

I am not writing Finidi off on this one loss, but performance matters. And you can't tell me you are excited about the propospect of facing South Africa in June given the performance yesterday, and given that South Africa is far better than Ghana and Mali and will be playing for something bigger.

Cellular wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:34 pm

You need a team of coaches that understands what it takes to play these qualifiers.

Finidi was hard done by the quality of personnel at his disposal and how he chose to play them.

We once again have shone that we are not able to beat quality teams without Osimhen. Which for me is a crying shame (c) RobbyBabs.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

While I do not like the result against Mali, I would like to see how Finidi does with the the full team. Not many coaches can win games against one of the better teams in Africa without 7 of his starters.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Were you not knocking Peseiro for only playing his starters in the AFCON finals?

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:46 pm While I do not like the result against Mali, I would like to see how Finidi does with the the full team. Not many coaches can win games against one of the better teams in Africa without 7 of his starters.
That is the point many of his detractors especially those who have a bias against local coaches fail to mention.

Let him coach the full squad then jump to any conclusion you want.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

nanijoe wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:22 pm Were you not knocking Peseiro for only playing his starters in the AFCON finals?

I was. He chose the team! And proceeded to not know how to rotate them properly to keep them fresh. He also signed off on taking 25 players which included a non-playing captain and a 3rd goalie into a tournament.

Until his run in the AFCON with a full team and a healthy Victor Osimhen he was a very poor coach. Even with his run all the way to the finals he had a 45% winning percentage.

The fact that Nigeria lost to Mali should not be a reason to remotely conjure up that Peseiro should have been retained. Us not having a quality bench is his fault.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I will only respond to the highlighted. We can't beat South Africa if Finidi insists on playing the 3-5-2 with 7 defensive players and only one Striker.

To be honest, we are not going to the World Cup unless SA and Benin do us a favour by losing their easy games.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Lolly wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:29 pm

I will only respond to the highlighted. We can't beat South Africa if Finidi insists on playing the 3-5-2 with 7 defensive players and only one Striker.

To be honest, we are not going to the World Cup unless SA and Benin do us a favour by losing their easy games.
So our full squad will have 7 defensive players starting? :roll:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Dont mind Coach Cellulite and his coaching certificate double talk.
nanijoe wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:22 pm Were you not knocking Peseiro for only playing his starters in the AFCON finals?

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Cellular wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:30 pm

Yesterday, we had 3 central defenders, 2 full backs and 2 defensive midfielders. That’s 7, init? Add Simon who is a really a wingback and that becomes 7 and a half.

He could have used Simon as left wingback and used Lookman as the support striker. But what do I know. I am just a boy acting as an internet coach.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Nigeria has not lost a game yet, and we still have to play South African and Rwanda twice each. We are in the drivers seat.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:31 pm Dont mind Coach Cellulite and his coaching certificate double talk.

Where is the double talk? In a tournament, you have to rotate your players. This was a FRIENDLY!!!
I mentioned 2 games I didn't understand why he played key guys like Victor the amount of minutes he played them.
Our 3rd game and playing him beyond the minutes he played him against Cameroon.
Also don't think playing a half fit player Aina was better than playing a full fit player.
These things can all be right at the same time.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Still you should should see his pattern of play and philosophy regardless of which player he has at his disposal.

BTW, suddenly you are silent about substituions when we only had one yesterday, not counting the one due to injury. I thought you and your coaching certificates toting gang said that was the end it all in tactics.
Cellular wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:24 pm
1naija wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:46 pm While I do not like the result against Mali, I would like to see how Finidi does with the the full team. Not many coaches can win games against one of the better teams in Africa without 7 of his starters.
That is the point many of his detractors especially those who have a bias against local coaches fail to mention.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Lolly wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:36 pm
Cellular wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:30 pm

Yesterday, we had 3 central defenders, 2 full backs and 2 defensive midfielders. That’s 7, init? Add Simon who is a really a wingback and that becomes 7 and a half.

He could have used Simon as left wingback and used Lookman as the support striker. But what do I know. I am just a boy acting as an internet coach.
I said OUR FULL SQUAD.

We needed to find out how our fringe players will play. With our full complement of players we can't and won't be playing with "7 defensive" players as you put it.

Me, I liked trying to find a system that will accommodate giving Iwobi a freer role. Now, it is about finding balance. Maybe Iwobi having a free role is a luxury that we can't afford?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:41 pm Still you should should see his pattern of play and philosophy regardless of which player he has at his disposal.

BTW, suddenly you are silent about substituions when we only had one yesterday, not counting the one due to injury. I thought you and your coaching certificates toting gang said that was the end it all in tactics.
Cellular wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:24 pm

I am silent about substitutions?
I can actually like a coach and be critical of some of his decisions.

I questioned his unused subs. I have NEVER understood why coaches (Naijarian coaches) have a problem with subs especially in friendlies. Never understood it.

What the game showed me was that we lacked depth. I was also relieved that the players making the errors were the ones some people have been wondering why they haven't gotten more playing time.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...