Who has been the best coach in our local league over the last 5 years?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Who has been the best coach in our local league over the last 5 years?

Post by oloye »

Boboye has to be up there. He has won the NPL twice with two different clubs. That has to be something. The guy is a determined guy who also invest in developing himself. I visited him in Belfast 2 years ago when he came on self sponsored training programme.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Who has been the best coach in our local league over the last 5 years?

Post by Enugu II »

oloye wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:26 pm Boboye has to be up there. He has won the NPL twice with two different clubs. That has to be something. The guy is a determined guy who also invest in developing himself. I visited him in Belfast 2 years ago when he came on self sponsored training programme.
Oloye,

Yes, Boboye is up there. His track record is good. We have seen him hired at a club deep in relegation and he immediately rescues the club. There are a few coaches who have consistently done this in the league. BTW, I read somewhere that it was Boboye who encouraged Finidi to return to Nigeria.

What is unfortunate is that many on CE have absolutely no clue about the local league but yet make conclusions regarding the league.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics