If we don't qualify for the World Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
If we don't qualify for the World Cup

Post by highbury »

Let it be known that the sole blame will be layed at the feet of NFF. The former coach has stated that he doesn't want to continue with SE. Instead of picking a coach and offering him a contract, they are confusing everyone. If you want your Oyinbo master, hire him, if you want your local coach, hire him. Why put the team in limbo? What's all this interim nonsense? Why is there no clarity? NFF chairman must be blamed.
I am afraid Nigeria may not qualify.
highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: If we don't qualify for the World Cup

Post by highbury »

I didn't realize Txj posted a similar topic. Please merge. My apologies. I don't want to appear redundant
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If I were betting man. I will put money on Nigeria not qualifying. The injuries are piling up. There is lack of depth. The only area we have depth is the forward position. Even Ndidi is not having the best of games as a DM. But we also have the Nigerian spirit. Nigeria can overcome the problems. The NFF must move with lightening speed to appoint a coach. They must also work on the depth problems. Lets stoop fooling ourselves. We need a rebuild. The current team is not good enough.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

When I said this current NFF chairman migh be worst yall didnt listen. I've never seen someone in a leadership position that goes hiding when needed. Pinnick was annoying but you knew he was talking or doing something. Us not making an expanded WC that is being hosted in my backyard will be too much to swallow.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

Post deleted due to discriminatory language in breach of forum rules.
Last edited by aruako1 on Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Discriminatory language
thanks
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

delisyomie don wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:31 pm
highbury wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:51 pm Let it be known that the sole blame will be layed at the feet of NFF. The former coach has stated that he doesn't want to continue with SE. Instead of picking a coach and offering him a contract, they are confusing everyone. If you want your Oyinbo master, hire him, if you want your local coach, hire him. Why put the team in limbo? What's all this interim nonsense? Why is there no clarity? NFF chairman must be blamed.

it will be better because all these xxxxxxxx people don't know anything about football, they can move on till we are serious.
Cmon man...

Anyway, if we don'tt qualify, we move on. It's not like its the first time that has happened.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

highbury wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:51 pm Let it be known that the sole blame will be layed at the feet of NFF. The former coach has stated that he doesn't want to continue with SE. Instead of picking a coach and offering him a contract, they are confusing everyone. If you want your Oyinbo master, hire him, if you want your local coach, hire him. Why put the team in limbo? What's all this interim nonsense? Why is there no clarity? NFF chairman must be blamed.

it will be better because all these cattle people don't know anything about football, they can move on till we are serious.
This is the 2nd time in a week that you have made reference to cattle people. I even challenged you on your other post but you refused to respond. Are you alright?

viewtopic.php?p=5968828#p5968828
Lolly wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:49 am
delisyomie don wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:32 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:25 am I just do not believe the NFF can afford him. If the NFF can, then I would not mind having Finidi as Interim until this guy is available. Renard is the real thing and has proven it multiple times.

This guy is a no-brainer and not the journeymen Europeans littered all over Africa seeking an easy pay day.
all this is a rumor, those NFF, They can not afford him,all those cattle people looking how to put money in their own pocket before 4-year term finishes.
What is the relationship between cattle and Amaju Pinnick?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

Lolly wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:24 pm

it will be better because all these cattle people don't know anything about football, they can move on till we are serious.
This is the 2nd time in a week that you have made reference to cattle people. I even challenged you on your other post but you refused to respond. Are you alright?

viewtopic.php?p=5968828#p5968828
Lolly wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:49 am
delisyomie don wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:32 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:25 am I just do not believe the NFF can afford him. If the NFF can, then I would not mind having Finidi as Interim until this guy is available. Renard is the real thing and has proven it multiple times.

This guy is a no-brainer and not the journeymen Europeans littered all over Africa seeking an easy pay day.
all this is a rumor, those NFF, They can not afford him,all those cattle people looking how to put money in their own pocket before 4-year term finishes.
What is the relationship between cattle and Amaju Pinnick?
sorry, I did not see the 1st message to reply, even peak milk is cattle also, which is just the way I express all these people who never deserve to be in the position and pretend they know what they are doing, is only in Nigeria you can see a mechanic pretending to be a doctor. I gave up on Nigeria football until we started following the media like our musicians and the Nollywood movie industry even though some of our private airlines are doing better. even players need to start coming together, if they make it to the World Cup is their market that will go up not mine or yours.
thanks
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

The blame lies with the immediate past coach, who put our qualification prospects in jeopardy.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

fabio wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:08 pm The blame lies with the immediate past coach, who put our qualification prospects in jeopardy.
do not mind them, we dropped 4 points in 2 games, now they want to attack who again? pathetic G.A.L's
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

fabio wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:08 pm The blame lies with the immediate past coach, who put our qualification prospects in jeopardy.
not only him,, but the main fault is the admin[NFF], how can we play on Thursday and 2nd match on Sunday while others are playing the first match on Saturday and 2nd on the following Tuesday, while most of our players only had a day together for the first match and hurried to fly to zimbabwe for 2nd match on Sunday.
thanks
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

there will be plenty of blame to go around

BUT

the new coach will be more to blame than the old one. The new coach will have 8 of 10 games. We are only 2 points behind Rwanda and 1 point behind South Africa.

Any coach who cannot overturn a 2 point deficit over 8 matches is POOR, and cannot simply blame Peseiro.

Rohr qualified from a group of death even getting docked 3 points.

There is no excuse. It will be on the NFF and the new coach.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is difficult to win games in International football. You only have a few days to work with players. That is why it is important to have long term planning. The more you get to work with players the better. All serious countries have coaches in place, months in advance or years in advance before wordld cup qualification. It takes time to install your system. Get to know the players and etc. But the lunatics fans and NFF think they can hire a new coach that has never worked with the players. His first game will be arguably their toughest World cup qualification game. Lunatic might be too kind of a word. I warned you people on this site. We need a long term solution in July 2023. You kept telling us that it is too late to change a coach before Afcon. We need continuity. I told you this would happen. You shouldn't change your coach right in the middle of WC qualification. Address the problem in July. They didn't do it. We then had another chance right after Afcon. They refused to do it again. Then then named Finidi interim coach. Their plan now is hire a coach in May and then hope Finidi carries on as assistant coach to help the new coach lol. They say the new coach wouldnt know the players. Finidi would help the new coach lol. Some people are just hopeless. There are no more minnows in African football. Even Rwanda and Benin can give Nigeria problems.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Some fans will blame the new coach. But I will not. The fault is squarely on the NFF and WOWO Nigerians. The sad part is they will repeat the same mistakes in 2030. We can only hope we get lucky and lucky our way into good leadership. That is our only chance because the system is setup to encourage the appointment of bad people into high positions.

waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:35 pm

BUT

the new coach will be more to blame than the old one. The new coach will have 8 of 10 games. We are only 2 points behind Rwanda and 1 point behind South Africa.

Any coach who cannot overturn a 2 point deficit over 8 matches is POOR, and cannot simply blame Peseiro.

Reasonable response.
Of course our FA is pants but the coach will have enough at his disposal to qualify with relative ease considering the opposition.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

waka-man wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:54 pm

BUT

Reasonable response.
Of course our FA is pants but the coach will have enough at his disposal to qualify with relative ease considering the opposition.
Considering the opposition? The ones we couldn’t beat in our first two games, one on home ground?

Yes, there is still a lot to play for but our team has not looked like a team that can beat teams who come to defend against us. We would need a lot of luck, specifically for SA and Benin to drop points too.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:54 pm Some fans will blame the new coach. But I will not. The fault is squarely on the NFF and WOWO Nigerians. The sad part is they will repeat the same mistakes in 2030. We can only hope we get lucky and lucky our way into good leadership. That is our only chance because the system is setup to encourage the appointment of bad people into high positions.
Please tell me how Otto Addo beat Nigeria in a head to head in his FIRST assignment as coach to qualify for Qatar.

He didn't have any friendlies to prepare and it doest get any tougher than going up against Nigeria with no preparation.

Are you telling me going up against South Africa AT HOME, is tougher than a double header against Nigeria for your very first assignment ?

Load of rubbish.

Whomever is the new coach has all the TOOLS a his disposal to get a result in our 2 upcoming matches. Not saying it will be easy but please, let us just get who we hire as coach RIGHT.

We certainly don't want a coach who will stare at his team playing like sheeeit and refuse to make a simple substitution. So Finidi should be out of the equation if we are serious.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Lolly wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:05 pm
waka-man wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:54 pm

BUT

Reasonable response.
Considering the opposition? The ones we couldn’t beat in our first two games, one on home ground?

Yes, there is still a lot to play for but our team has not looked like a team that can beat teams who come to defend against us. We would need a lot of luck, specifically for SA and Benin to drop points too.
Yes, considering the opposition.
Any decent coach should be able to make a team of nwabali, Ekong, Aina, Bassey, Onyeka, Iwobi, Lookman, Boniface, Osimhen and some space fillers to easily get out of that group. The fact that Pasiero made a hash of it has no bearing on the argument.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

BUT

The way some here are talking you’d think we’d lost two matches and were six points behind the leaders. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Some have already written off our qualification chances!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:56 am

BUT

The way some here are talking you’d think we’d lost two matches and were six points behind the leaders. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Some have already written off our qualification chances!
We were given a massive amount of fortune when South Africa lost their second match. After that result I could breathe much easier and not be too worried.

After the next 2 matches if we lose more ground I would start to worry. We have a good chance to gain 3 points on South Africa. We must win that match at all costs.

Now that we play Benin in CIV, we have no excuse not to win that match.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:54 pm Some fans will blame the new coach. But I will not. The fault is squarely on the NFF and WOWO Nigerians. The sad part is they will repeat the same mistakes in 2030. We can only hope we get lucky and lucky our way into good leadership. That is our only chance because the system is setup to encourage the appointment of bad people into high positions.

SAME AS AFCON 2015 WITH KESHI, AFTER BRAZIL 2014

Keshi was riding high after Brazil 2014 and then the NFF decided to sabotage him for AFCON 2015 by keeping things uncertain until very late. Of course, advocates of foreign coaches downplay that important point that they may continue to justify their dislike for local coaches.
Bell
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bell wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:14 am

SAME AS AFCON 2015 WITH KESHI, AFTER BRAZIL 2014

Keshi was riding high after Brazil 2014 and then the NFF decided to sabotage him for AFCON 2015 by keeping things uncertain until very late. Of course, advocates of foreign coaches downplay that important point that they may continue to justify their dislike for local coaches.
Bell
These excuses are just so funny. Keshi himself resigned and then changed his mind. And he was solely responsible for the poor results in our 2015 AFCON qualifying disaster.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Highbury

It is not only NFF ooo! Did we not play qualifiers already with a manager and what position are we in the qualifiers with that manager? Those things matter. Thus, there are plenty of blames to be hauled around by fans.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics