FINIDI GEORGE IS A TERRIBLE COACH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
FINIDI GEORGE IS A TERRIBLE COACH

Post by vancity eagle »

I was thinking about Emerse Fae and Aliou Cisse before him. 2 former players who lead their teams to glory. I thought that Finidi has been with the team for a while and for continuity sake let us stick by him and make him our own Fae/Cisse. I was actually starting to think this was the way forward, I was rooting for him.

What impressed me initially about Finidi was that he chose a 352 which I long advocated for as our best formation. I was excited. Unfortunately this was where the benefit from Finidi started and ended.

After the Ghana match I saw many dancing and singing his praises. To me I was indifferent after that match. I was neither convinced for or against his case.

First off let us remember that Ghana is in the worst form they have been in in a very long time. They are piss poor, even with their full team.

Against us they were without MANY starters. Djiku, Salisu, Lamptey, Seidu, Partey, Kudus, Inaki, Sulemana, Paintsil, Amartey. It was already a very weak team that we had NO EXCUSE not to dominate.

What was worse that after they went down to 10 men THEY STARTED TO OUTPLAY US AND DOMINATE THE MATCH. That is just unacceptable IMO. The game started out ok, but in the end as I said before, indifferent about Finidi.

On to Mali

What on earth was Finidis purpose ? He had NO PLAN AND NO FORESIGHT.

Was he trying to win the game at all costs ?

If so why keep Lookman on the bench ? Did he not see how he was literally our best player at the Afcon ? I mean was he not part of the staff?

Why would he go for Simon or Nacho over Lookman ?

Even worse why would he bring on Dessers to replace an injured Simon ?

If Finidi truly was trying to win at all costs to the detriment of any experimenting thos decision is simply UNFORGIVABLE and basically proves Finidi is either an incompetent fool, or has a beef with Lookman, similar to the nonsense Oliseh pulled with Mikel and Enyeama.

Either way I want thos guy NOWHERE near SE. Give me any journeyman Oyinbo over this clown.

If he wasn't trying to win at all costs FOR WHAT REASON did Tella, Bashiru, and Yusuf not log a SINGLE MINUTE OVER 2 MATCHES ?

AND yet he watched a LAZY Iheanacho do hos usual customary Jog around the pitch like it's a beer parlor Sunday pick up match.

Abeg this kind of incompetence is UNFORGIVEABLE. I have never seen such a clueless coach in my life. Those wishing us to stick with him do not wish SE well.

I then hear "he didn't chose the team"

Well if he cannot chose the right players sitting in front of him what makes you think he will chose the right team.

He is a clueless PE teacher. Abeg tell all these entitled former players to FOCK off and get a real job.

These clowns will sabotage our WC with this nonsense.

How can he watch a whole 90 minutes with us not creating a single chance other than one Route 1 long ball to Dessers, and not do a gaddem thing about it.

Lookman, Bashiru and Tella on the bench. Sadiq and Yusuf as well.

I am sorry but Finidi is a clueless clown.

He fecked this up, it's all on him and his cluelessness.

Give us our "oyinbo saviour"

Better than this clueless rubbish.

He completely WASTED this 2 match window.

Did not test ANY RELEVANT PLAYER.

CLOWN.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FINIDI GEORGE IS A TERRIBLE COACH

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He’s baaaack! :laugh:
Now gtfoh back to where u were hiding. :rotf: Enough already. :rotf:
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

By the way had Rohr, Peseiro, or any Oyinbo coach pulled this type of clueless nonsense that George pulled we would bot hear the end of it.

Yet those same clowns are telling us to pretend we didn't see and witness the cluelessness and incompetence, lack of foresight we all witnessed.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

No serious coach will watch his team playing ineffective, backwards passing football, with guys like Tella, and Bashiru on the bench and not even think to use them.

Bashiru had a goal and an assist in his last club match.

The game was crying out for a more dynamic midfield with Bashiru Iwobi and Onyedika.

What a chance wasted.

This clueless coach cannot take us forward.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 am No serious coach will watch his team playing ineffective, backwards passing football, with guys like Tella, and Bashiru on the bench and not even think to use them.

The game was crying out for a more dynamic midfield with Bashiru Iwobi and Onyedika.

What a chance wasted.

How about Amunike and Oliseh. Could they be the secret Nigerian geniuses we need?
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 am
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 am No serious coach will watch his team playing ineffective, backwards passing football, with guys like Tella, and Bashiru on the bench and not even think to use them.

What a chance wasted.

How about Amunike and Oliseh. Could they be the secret Nigerian geniuses we need?
Amunike who finished DEAD LAST at afcon ? Oliseh who beefed with players ?

Abeg why do we like to torture ourselves all in the name of misguided patriotism.

It's so backwards and retarded.

Maybe I will take Nsien or Egbo, but NONE of these entitled lazy former players , they can all FECK OFF.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Some of you guys need to take a vacation. It’s one meaningless game played on a neutral ground

Geez
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

If they don’t retain Finidi we’ll need to wash our hands clean of the 94 generation. Even Guadiola and Pochettino where post 94. Time to move on.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

deanotito wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:45 am Some of you guys need to take a vacation. It’s one meaningless game played on a neutral ground

Geez
The game was NOT meaningless.

It was a dry run for our upcoming do or die matches this summer and Finidi just pissed the games away.

Didn't test anything, just played the same rubbish players who have been rubbish for a long time.

Yes you Awaziem, Dessers, and Nacho.

He completely showed his utter incompetence in terms of team selection , gameplan, use of subs, strategy, ability to adjust.

He completely flunked his test.

You would not say the same nonsense were it an Onyibo.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 am If they don’t retain Finidi we’ll need to wash our hands clean of the 94 generation. Even Guadiola and Pochettino where post 94. Time to move on.
Best thing we can do.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 am
deanotito wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:45 am Some of you guys need to take a vacation. It’s one meaningless game played on a neutral ground

Geez

It was a dry run for our upcoming do or die matches this summer and Finidi just pissed the games away.

Didn't test anything, just played the same rubbish players who have been rubbish for a long time.

He completely showed his utter incompetence in terms of team selection , gameplan, use of subs, strategy, ability to adjust.

Meaningless. He’s the coach. He can try out whatever formation he wants and test out personnel he deems fit. It’s a single game

Dry run? Even if it was, the result has nothing to do with how we would play against South Africa. We already played South Africa last month. You need a dry run for that again??

Please you guys should go and sit somewhere
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

deanotito wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 am

Geez

Meaningless. He’s the coach. He can try out whatever formation he wants and test out personnel he deems fit. It’s a single game

Dry run? Even if it was, the result has nothing to do with how we would play against South Africa. We already played South Africa last month. You need a dry run for that again??

Who said anything about the result ?

Did we play well ? NO

Did we see any new options ? NO

Did we learn anything we did not already know ? NO

Did the team improve or at least maintain their past level ? NO

Did we get rid of dead weights ? NO

What was the purpose of those stupid friendlies ?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 am

Geez

Did we play well ? NO

You should replace all that “We” with “I”.

Brother, you’re not the coach. You’re just a fan. You don’t know what he saw or was trying to test out.

Fans matter, yes. But you’re writing off a coach who lost his 2nd game in charge in a friendly??

Our defense was missing starters. So was our attack. I mean, let’s all calm down. Perhaps Finidi thought Peseiro underutilized Awaziem and Onyedika, and wanted to use this game to see how they’d perform with more time. Who knows?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I am honestly trying to figure out how on earth you play 2 matches, and none of Tella, Bashiru, Yusuf, Sadiq get ONE SINGLE MINUTE, despite the team playing like garbage.

I cannot believe that Finidi George is that DAFT and clueless. I just cannot believe it.

Which leads me to believe something malevolent is going on.

The conspiracist in me.

Could it be that Finidi DELIBERATELY conspired to not play these guys because if he played them and they played well, he would be obligated to call them up in June.

Which then begs the question. Who would he call up instead.

Was this the first step for him to call up a new batch of "Hey yous"

Either way we are in TROUBLE if we keep Finidi.

He is either a clueless incompetent fool.

Or

He has alterior motives which does not include what is best for SE. Maybe the agency business is back open.

Is it Brown envelope season yet again ?

Finidi MUST NOT be retained.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

:D
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Friendly game with 8 starters not starting. The coach has only coached the players for like 7 days lol. WOWO is a serious problem.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

VE,

Glad you're back and you perfectly mirrored everything without chumps and minced words...Finidi has pretty much ruined the case for any ex-international local coach especially from that '94 generation, at least he's interim so he served his purpose albeit in the most annoyingly wasteful circumstance. I just would never why our national team coaches are so cowardly and inflexible in their ways, almost as if they are culturally programmed to be timid in their approach. This guy had TWO focking friendly games at no cost to him whatsoever to try out new players, players we never got to see...I was itching to see what Fisayo Dele-Bashiru for example would give us in that midfield dynamic...Nathan Tella was a perfect sub to make for an injured Simon, whatever was going through Finidi's head I'll never understand.

See how Faes the new CIV coach has instantly made a significant impact on that Ivorian squad, see how CIV played a top team like Uruguay off the park in their recent friendly and beat them...this was a man who got a job right in the thick of a near tournament crisis for CIV, yet in such a sort while he has gotten them to play very solid football.

Honestly the '94 ex internationals can go, just leave our football alone and maybe we can be free from the clutches of their toxic imprints- Oliseh, Eguavoen, Finidi, Amunike etc are bad distractions to our football.

As it stands now it's another Oyinbo experienced journeyman coach all over again, if the former Angolan coach isn't considered then it's most likely going to be another Conceicao type coach who at least has African football knowledge already.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I wouldn't mind that Nsien guy.

He is Nigerian, but not Nigerian if you catch my drift.

I will take him if he has serious qualifications.

We need one of us that is not corrupted by the way things are run in Nigeria.

So an American born Naija will be fine with me.

I'm sorry but it is what it is, I don't want any of these local coaches near our team. Every opportunity they get they do nothing but remind us why they should be nowhere near SE.

These guys do not operate like the Aliou Cisses and Emerse Faes of this world. It's sad but it's TRUE.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

deanotito wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 am

Geez

Did we play well ? NO

Brother, you’re not the coach. You’re just a fan. You don’t know what he saw or was trying to test out.

Fans matter, yes. But you’re writing off a coach who lost his 2nd game in charge in a friendly??

Our defense was missing starters. So was our attack. I mean, let’s all calm down. Perhaps Finidi thought Peseiro underutilized Awaziem and Onyedika, and wanted to use this game to see how they’d perform with more time. Who knows?
I dont care that we lost.

I care that Finidi displayed to most clueless, feckless, and incompetent 90 minutes I have ever seen managed by a SE coach in my life.

A coach who is not forward thinking and proactive is not the coach for SE. PERIOD.

Again I don't care that we lost.

If Finidi thought it was cool to watch an ineffective display with ineffective players and have no need to shake things up with the likes of Tella, Fisayo, Sadiq, Yusuf, in a gaddem friendly.

THAT IS ALL I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HIM. He's worse than a dinosaur.

He is not the one.

NEXT.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Finidi George is better than I expected and he has a great future.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 am Finidi George is better than I expected and he has a great future.
You are honestly the biggest clown on this forum.

It takes effort to be this much of a clown.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 am Finidi George is better than I expected and he has a great future.
You are honestly the biggest clown on this forum.

It takes effort to be this much of a clown.

You are the clown. Expecting a coach to come in an turn around the team with 5 days of training. Without 8 starters in a meaningless friendly. You get serious problems. But it is okay. Most people know you have the WOWO sickness.

gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

deanotito wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 am

Geez

Did we play well ? NO

He( abi na She sef!) is not just a fan but a very emotional one! While we are at it, how many friendly games did Peseiro win? And in how many Friendly games did he apply the exact defensive strategy that took us to the AFCON final?