FINIDI GEORGE IS A TERRIBLE COACH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: FINIDI GEORGE IS A TERRIBLE COACH

Post by Lolly »

deanotito wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 pm I swear, some of you on here need a hobby. Go
Out, enjoy some sun, make some friends.
Most people here actually have a good life. Doesn’t stop us from debating football, especially Nigerian football. But I guess some people don’t want to debate. They only want to hear their own voice and opinion. They are in the wrong place, mate.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ugbowo wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 pm I wont say he's a terrible coach.

I will say he showed some inexperience and naivety with regards game and squad management.

Few obvious things he missed

1. Ndidi does not play 90 mins for Leicester and rarely plays 2 games in a week post injury. He played 90 mins against Mali while 2 other midfielders were kicking their heels on the bench.
2. When he made his subs, he put Lookman with Dessers from an inside left role, dropped Iwobi to the double pivot and i guess had Kelechi in the free role in front of them? We were not balanced. This was the perfect time to see what Dele-Bashiru can offer in front of Iwobi and another midfielder (Yusuf) not Ndidi.
3. Osayi for 90 mins was a waste. At 55 mins it was obvious it was time to see someone else. Tella plays as an attacking wingback for Leverkusen. Exactly what we were tasking Osayi to do. Why that sub was not made was completely baffling. Begged the question....wetin dem dey do for training?
4. His post game interview was laughable. He really thought we played well. Meanwhile Mali was in complete control of the game. We were doing what they wanted us to do. The fact that he could not see that was a bit of a joke actually.

Sadiq Umar I can understand not playing because he would have had to come in for Dessers who himself was a sub. E for get as e be. He should have started the game if Dessers was not going to play. Kelechi and Simon was a ridiculous pairing.

I had some reservations after the Ghana game. The first half was near flawless and we should have been up by 3/4 goals because Ghana was TERRIBLE. But once they made adjustments in the second half, we struggled and the last 10-15 mins were borderline abysmal.

Finidi has some fundamentals and ideologies down, but in game adjustments and player management leave a lot to be desired. He still dey learn work. Keep him away from the SE for now.
I agree with your take.

I would love to see him with his full complement of players and coaching staff.

I would like to know in the Eagles setup who is in control of managing players' minutes or tracking when someone's physical performance has waned during a game.

The two games showed me some areas that I liked and some areas that could do with some improvement.

BTW, I did hear him say he likes keeping possession even if it means passing backwards... not surprised that some fans are not fans of such an approach as many people lampooned Mikel for being a "sideways passer".
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

We are making the same mistake we made when Eguavoen took over from Rohr before the AFCON 2021 (actually played in Jan 2022). The fatal assumption being that Eguavoen, as technical director for at least a year with Rohr, was familiar or knowledgeable about Rohr's tactics, motivations, and philosophy. By selecting Eguavoen, he was supposedly, in a better position than a complete newbie who would have had a steeper learning curve.

Then, as now, Finidi might have been just a passenger. A token coach, not brought by Peseiro, but imposed by the NFF. He might have not been 100% accepted by Pesiero, or his input taken seriously.

It is quite possible, and looking more likely Finidi was a bench warmer coach during Peseiro's era.
It would be false comparison with the Ivorian situation where the CIV coach was quite familiar with his ousted boss' thinking, and methods.

Could it be Finidi is just getting really involved, and getting to know and focus on the players?
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 am I was thinking about Emerse Fae and Aliou Cisse before him. 2 former players who lead their teams to glory. I thought that Finidi has been with the team for a while and for continuity sake let us stick by him and make him our own Fae/Cisse. I was actually starting to think this was the way forward, I was rooting for him.

What impressed me initially about Finidi was that he chose a 352 which I long advocated for as our best formation. I was excited. Unfortunately this was where the benefit from Finidi started and ended.

After the Ghana match I saw many dancing and singing his praises. To me I was indifferent after that match. I was neither convinced for or against his case.

First off let us remember that Ghana is in the worst form they have been in in a very long time. They are piss poor, even with their full team.

Against us they were without MANY starters. Djiku, Salisu, Lamptey, Seidu, Partey, Kudus, Inaki, Sulemana, Paintsil, Amartey. It was already a very weak team that we had NO EXCUSE not to dominate.

What was worse that after they went down to 10 men THEY STARTED TO OUTPLAY US AND DOMINATE THE MATCH. That is just unacceptable IMO. The game started out ok, but in the end as I said before, indifferent about Finidi.

On to Mali

What on earth was Finidis purpose ? He had NO PLAN AND NO FORESIGHT.

Was he trying to win the game at all costs ?

If so why keep Lookman on the bench ? Did he not see how he was literally our best player at the Afcon ? I mean was he not part of the staff?

Why would he go for Simon or Nacho over Lookman ?

Even worse why would he bring on Dessers to replace an injured Simon ?

If Finidi truly was trying to win at all costs to the detriment of any experimenting thos decision is simply UNFORGIVABLE and basically proves Finidi is either an incompetent fool, or has a beef with Lookman, similar to the nonsense Oliseh pulled with Mikel and Enyeama.

Either way I want thos guy NOWHERE near SE. Give me any journeyman Oyinbo over this clown.

If he wasn't trying to win at all costs FOR WHAT REASON did Tella, Bashiru, and Yusuf not log a SINGLE MINUTE OVER 2 MATCHES ?

AND yet he watched a LAZY Iheanacho do hos usual customary Jog around the pitch like it's a beer parlor Sunday pick up match.

Abeg this kind of incompetence is UNFORGIVEABLE. I have never seen such a clueless coach in my life. Those wishing us to stick with him do not wish SE well.

I then hear "he didn't chose the team"

Well if he cannot chose the right players sitting in front of him what makes you think he will chose the right team.

He is a clueless PE teacher. Abeg tell all these entitled former players to FOCK off and get a real job.

These clowns will sabotage our WC with this nonsense.

How can he watch a whole 90 minutes with us not creating a single chance other than one Route 1 long ball to Dessers, and not do a gaddem thing about it.

Lookman, Bashiru and Tella on the bench. Sadiq and Yusuf as well.

I am sorry but Finidi is a clueless clown.

He fecked this up, it's all on him and his cluelessness.

Give us our "oyinbo saviour"

Better than this clueless rubbish.

He completely WASTED this 2 match window.

Did not test ANY RELEVANT PLAYER.

CLOWN.
I will keep is simple. KPOM!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Lolly wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 pm
deanotito wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 pm I swear, some of you on here need a hobby. Go
Most people here actually have a good life. Doesn’t stop us from debating football, especially Nigerian football. But I guess some people don’t want to debate. They only want to hear their own voice and opinion. They are in the wrong place, mate.
Lol, nice try

I doubt that. People oozing bile because a coach lost his second friendly match in charge are probably not well adjusted.

Would be great to debate. But some of y’all need to go on vacation
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

deanotito wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 pm
Lol, nice try

I doubt that. People oozing bile because a coach lost his second friendly match in charge are probably not well adjusted.

You are deliberately refusing to listen to suit your bias. If you can't recognize lack of integrity when you see it, then you should consider your own "adjustment'. I have zero problems with losing to Mali in a friendly. My issue with Finidi is LACK of INTEGRITY which is the only explanation for his choices against Mali. I'm sure even you yourself find his choices inexplicable. When someone shows you who they are, believe them.
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 am I was thinking about Emerse Fae and Aliou Cisse before him. 2 former players who lead their teams to glory. I thought that Finidi has been with the team for a while and for continuity sake let us stick by him and make him our own Fae/Cisse. I was actually starting to think this was the way forward, I was rooting for him.

What impressed me initially about Finidi was that he chose a 352 which I long advocated for as our best formation. I was excited. Unfortunately this was where the benefit from Finidi started and ended.

After the Ghana match I saw many dancing and singing his praises. To me I was indifferent after that match. I was neither convinced for or against his case.

First off let us remember that Ghana is in the worst form they have been in in a very long time. They are piss poor, even with their full team.

Against us they were without MANY starters. Djiku, Salisu, Lamptey, Seidu, Partey, Kudus, Inaki, Sulemana, Paintsil, Amartey. It was already a very weak team that we had NO EXCUSE not to dominate.

What was worse that after they went down to 10 men THEY STARTED TO OUTPLAY US AND DOMINATE THE MATCH. That is just unacceptable IMO. The game started out ok, but in the end as I said before, indifferent about Finidi.

On to Mali

If so why keep Lookman on the bench ? Did he not see how he was literally our best player at the Afcon ? I mean was he not part of the staff?

If Finidi truly was trying to win at all costs to the detriment of any experimenting thos decision is simply UNFORGIVABLE and basically proves Finidi is either an incompetent fool, or has a beef with Lookman, similar to the nonsense Oliseh pulled with Mikel and Enyeama.

Either way I want thos guy NOWHERE near SE. Give me any journeyman Oyinbo over this clown.

If he wasn't trying to win at all costs FOR WHAT REASON did Tella, Bashiru, and Yusuf not log a SINGLE MINUTE OVER 2 MATCHES ?

AND yet he watched a LAZY Iheanacho do hos usual customary Jog around the pitch like it's a beer parlor Sunday pick up match.

Abeg this kind of incompetence is UNFORGIVEABLE. I have never seen such a clueless coach in my life. Those wishing us to stick with him do not wish SE well.

Well if he cannot chose the right players sitting in front of him what makes you think he will chose the right team.

He is a clueless PE teacher. Abeg tell all these entitled former players to FOCK off and get a real job.

How can he watch a whole 90 minutes with us not creating a single chance other than one Route 1 long ball to Dessers, and not do a gaddem thing about it.

CLOWN.
I agree with you, but this your lust for Oyinbo saviour get as it be. :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Schillachi wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 pm
Lol, nice try

You are deliberately refusing to listen to suit your bias. If you can't recognize lack of integrity when you see it, then you should consider your own "adjustment'. I have zero problems with losing to Mali in a friendly. My issue with Finidi is LACK of INTEGRITY which is the only explanation for his choices against Mali. I'm sure even you yourself find his choices inexplicable. When someone shows you who they are, believe them.
Lack of integrity because he didn’t pick the players you want him to pick or the subs you want him to sub in?? In one SINGLE GAME…???

Are you people okay at all???

Finidi May turn out to be the most corrupt man on earth….but there isn’t PRESENTLY a single logical shred of evidence that you guys can show to back this up.

You guys need a vacation, a shower, a woman…something. Just something. Chill the eff out

He just started
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

deanotito wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:36 am
Schillachi wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 pm
Lol, nice try

Lack of integrity because he didn’t pick the players you want him to pick or the subs you want him to sub in?? In one SINGLE GAME…???

Are you people okay at all???

Finidi May turn out to be the most corrupt man on earth….but there isn’t PRESENTLY a single logical shred of evidence that you guys can show to back this up.

You guys need a vacation, a shower, a woman…something. Just something. Chill the eff out

He just started
The naïveté you are displaying here is the same one you displayed that caused you to be so sure Peter Obi will win elections in 2023. You ended up running away from CE for several months to lick your chops after he predictably lost :lol: . Learn up and wise up
Last edited by Schillachi on Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Lolly wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 pm
iworo wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm
Lolly wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm
iworo wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm

On to Mali

CLOWN.
Well said my brother.
So you think Finidi deserves the abuse he is getting from this thing on a faceless forum who has done of worth for Nigeria or Nigerian football?
Lolly, your attention should be directed towards the valid points he has made, rather than critiquing his delivery.
I’m sorry, you just can’t ignore the underserved abuse of a national hero whose only crime is losing a friendly game. Telling the poster “Well said” is encouraging him to continue.

We can analyse games and criticise players and coaches, but we must draw the line on abuse and curses. That shouldn’t be allowed nor encouraged.
Thank you, Lolly. I've been critical of Rohr, Peseiro and Finidi but I have not insulted or abused any of them even once. The poster is known for wishing death coaches and players he doesn't like. I was in Seville in January and Finidi is reverred there by the Betis fans. But a no-name emotional bubble can come here and dish unlimited abuse because he doesn't like the fact that we lost a game.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lol, nice try

nothing more to add, they are losing sleep over a worthless friendly :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I do not get them Finidi is the interim coach. Just see the energy they are using, they all went silent after the Ghana match,they were all waiting for this. They are bored
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

People have their agendas. The reality is you can't judge a coach based on his first two friendly games. Games that he didn't select the players. Didn't have enough time to work with the players. Didn't have a full compliment of players. Didn't have his support staff. What the NFF did was undermine his authority by not naming him the head coach. And there egos in the side. We don't know what happened in camp but there is speculation that some players are unhappy with the minutes they got. Which is normal in every setting. But they want to use it as justification that Finidi is not good enough. That a failed foreign man journey man coach is better. I will have to disagree it is not Finidi fault that Awaziem passed the ball to Mali for the first goal. It is not his fault that they were missing chances and not going 100 percent in a friendly. From what I have seen from Finidi. He is good enough. We do need to drop some players. Feelings will be hurt. No one is entitled to play.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ScoreNigeria is now also running an article with the Lookman angry narrative.

So Lookman and Sadiq confronted or showed disdain for Finidi.

Tella and Bashiru must be frustrated as hell.

Anybody promoting Finidi does not wish SE well, they just have a twisted fetish for local coaches.

That's a FACT.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I really hope the ‘clash’ story is untrue because we don’t have the luxury of that many local coaches that will automatically command respect from our top players.
Finidi, Amuneke and Siasia are really the only ones in the mix with top level playing experience under their belts.

They drilled it into us in school that respect is not automatic, it is earned.
Finidi needs to keep his players onside, abeg.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:21 pm ScoreNigeria is now also running an article with the Lookman angry narrative.

Anybody promoting Finidi does not wish SE well, they just have a twisted fetish for local coaches.

That's a FACT.
Someone doesn't know the difference between a fact and opinion. He thinks writing "fact" in capital letters makes whatever he has written a fact.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:07 pm I really hope the ‘clash’ story is untrue because we don’t have the luxury of that many local coaches that will automatically command respect from our top players.
Finidi, Amuneke and Siasia are really the only ones in the mix with top level playing experience under their belts.

so you want him to be coach ?

why would any of this matter if someone else is hired ?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:18 pm
Damunk wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:07 pm I really hope the ‘clash’ story is untrue because we don’t have the luxury of that many local coaches that will automatically command respect from our top players.

I backed him two games ago.
I’m not backing out after just two games, no matter the errors he committed.
Like I’ve said countless times, if we insist on a local coach then we are just gonna have to take the pain that comes with the transition.

If we hire someone else, I’m not holding my breath it’s gonna be anyone from a higher category.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:21 pm ScoreNigeria is now also running an article with the Lookman angry narrative.

That's a FACT.
Wow!! This is classic projection. By your own admission you have stated your fetish for Oyinbos. So you think we are like you?
We love our country in spite of her inadequacies and we believe in the people of Nigeria.
You can't say you believe in these.
So you must be a foreigner masquerading as a Nigerian or a Nigerian who harbors ill will against Nigeria due past negative experiences.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

highbury wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:47 pm

That's a FACT.
Wow!! This is classic projection. By your own admission you have stated your fetish for Oyinbos. So you think we are like you?
We love our country in spite of her inadequacies and we believe in the people of Nigeria.
So you must be a foreigner masquerading as a Nigerian or a Nigerian who harbors ill will against Nigeria due past negative experiences.
Nigerian coaches have shown themselves to be incapable of operating without corruption, extreme bias, and sentiments.

This will not lead us forward.

Emerse Fae and Aliou Cisse do not operate like that.

As someone said these two grew up in France, so maybe thats the thing.

Finidi has made himself a complete clown in these past 2 matches.

I was going to say that Eguavoen was the only Naija coach to not show red flags, but somebody reminded me how he RECALLED ONAZI for that do or die affair.

Oliseh beefed with players

Keshi was corrupt to the core.

Sia Sia I actually did not mind.

So when it comes to local coaches, by in large they are a complete MESS.

My loyalty is to SE, not local coaches.

In the best interests of SE , I do not want any Nigeria BORN AND RAISED IN THAT ROTTEN SYSTEM to be anywhere near SE.

I will take a foreign born Nigerian
I will take another African
I will take Oyinbo

I do not want a Nigerian born coach anywhere near SE.

They only have themselves to blame for tarnishing their reputations.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

You guys don't understand the depth of how aggravating this whole thing is...we're potentially wasting not just a generation, but the prime of some of these players due to garbage/inconsistent coaching conundrums and NFF incompetence. God forbid, but imagine a player like Osimhen missing out on 2 world cups in a row? dude isn't 18 anymore and will be in his 30's when the next world cup rolls by.

That's why we HAVE TO get it right, both from the administrative and coaching angle!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Damunk wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:23 pm

Like I’ve said countless times, if we insist on a local coach then we are just gonna have to take the pain that comes with the transition.

If we hire someone else, I’m not holding my breath it’s gonna be anyone from a higher category.
There is something very wrong with this statement and that is the underlying belly of the whole Local vs Foreign coach debate….

Did u just consciously wrote that u backed him and despite his limitations and ERRORS you will still back him….

We all wished that Finidi came in and changed the team, got them playing with intensity and purpose…

Within 45 mins against Ghana I was on his side but by the end of Ghana and the debacle called Mali….He showed that he is the right person to take us forward….

The national team is not a training ground for anyone white or black and Finidi is no exception

At Vancity, ur points are valid but you can say it without calling someone of the calibre of Finidi a fool and clueless!!!
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:53 pm
highbury wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:47 pm

That's a FACT.
Nigerian coaches have shown themselves to be incapable of operating without corruption, extreme bias, and sentiments.

This will not lead us forward.

Emerse Fae and Aliou Cisse do not operate like that.

As someone said these two grew up in France, so maybe thats the thing.

Finidi has made himself a complete clown in these past 2 matches.

I was going to say that Eguavoen was the only Naija coach to not show red flags, but somebody reminded me how he RECALLED ONAZI for that do or die affair.

Oliseh beefed with players

Keshi was corrupt to the core.

Sia Sia I actually did not mind.

So when it comes to local coaches, by in large they are a complete MESS.

My loyalty is to SE, not local coaches.

In the best interests of SE , I do not want any Nigeria BORN AND RAISED IN THAT ROTTEN SYSTEM to be anywhere near SE.

I will take a foreign born Nigerian
I will take another African
I will take Oyinbo

I do not want a Nigerian born coach anywhere near SE.

They only have themselves to blame for tarnishing their reputations.
You might need to support a foreign team because the vast majority of Nigerian players were born and raised in the sane system you despise. There will be Nigerian born coaches for the SE whether you like it or not. One of them was the last to win us a major title.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enyi wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:43 pm
Damunk wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:23 pm

There is something very wrong with this statement and that is the underlying belly of the whole Local vs Foreign coach debate….

Did u just consciously wrote that u backed him and despite his limitations and ERRORS you will still back him….

We all wished that Finidi came in and changed the team, got them playing with intensity and purpose…

Within 45 mins against Ghana I was on his side but by the end of Ghana and the debacle called Mali….He showed that he is the right person to take us forward….

The national team is not a training ground for anyone white or black and Finidi is no exception

At Vancity, ur points are valid but you can say it without calling someone of the calibre of Finidi a fool and clueless!!!
You might have reached your conclusions after two games but that’s you.
I’m sure there are more than enough examples of successful coaches that started off with much worse outcomes from their first two games.
We probably have one of the highest turnover rates in world football for this same reason. We just can’t ride a storm.