FINIDI GEORGE IS A TERRIBLE COACH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FINIDI GEORGE IS A TERRIBLE COACH

Post by Schillachi »

Damunk wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:23 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:18 pm
Damunk wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:07 pm I really hope the ‘clash’ story is untrue because we don’t have the luxury of that many local coaches that will automatically command respect from our top players.
Finidi, Amuneke and Siasia are really the only ones in the mix with top level playing experience under their belts.

They drilled it into us in school that respect is not automatic, it is earned.
Finidi needs to keep his players onside, abeg.
so you want him to be coach ?

why would any of this matter if someone else is hired ?
I backed him two games ago.
I’m not backing out after just two games, no matter the errors he committed.
Like I’ve said countless times, if we insist on a local coach then we are just gonna have to take the pain that comes with the transition.

If we hire someone else, I’m not holding my breath it’s gonna be anyone from a higher category.
I also backed him strongly two games ago. I've now withdrawn my support. I'm withdrawing my support not because I think he's technically deficient. Not because the team didn't play well; infact I thought they played decent. But because it's obvious to me that he has integrity issues. I'm very rarely wrong on these things.
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:21 pm ScoreNigeria is now also running an article with the Lookman angry narrative.

So Lookman and Sadiq confronted or showed disdain for Finidi.

Tella and Bashiru must be frustrated as hell.

Anybody promoting Finidi does not wish SE well, they just have a twisted fetish for local coaches.

That's a FACT.
What exactly have they achieved in their careers as footballers, that they will show disdain to Finidi.

If it's true, they should consider their international career over, if I was the coach. Rubbish and ingredients.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

fabio wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:36 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:21 pm ScoreNigeria is now also running an article with the Lookman angry narrative.

Anybody promoting Finidi does not wish SE well, they just have a twisted fetish for local coaches.

That's a FACT.
What exactly have they achieved in their careers as footballers, that they will show disdain to Finidi.

If it's true, they should consider their international career over, if I was the coach. Rubbish and ingredients.
Fabio

Truly laughable. None of those players have a career worthy of cleaning the cleats worn by Finidi. Bros, if they are not careful they can find themselves quickly in the 'cooler' if and when Ginidi assumes full control. Not one of them is a shoo-in starter for Nigeria. Not one. Even Lookman who just became a starter in Peseiro's last days cannot say tgat he is an automatic selection.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:07 pm I really hope the ‘clash’ story is untrue because we don’t have the luxury of that many local coaches that will automatically command respect from our top players.
Finidi, Amuneke and Siasia are really the only ones in the mix with top level playing experience under their belts.

Command respect of which top players. What have these top players achieved in their careers? How many have won leagues and champions League?

Finidi needs to drop the so called players and that will send a message. Others will seat up. Playing for SE is a privilege, not a right.

If you can't or choose not to respect Finidi or any Nigerian coach, you can leave.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

fabio wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:58 pm

Command respect of which top players. What have these top players achieved in their careers? How many have won leagues and champions League?

Finidi needs to drop the so called players and that will send a message. Others will seat up. Playing for SE is a privilege, not a right.

If you can't or choose not to respect Finidi or any Nigerian coach, you can leave.
Fabio

It is now up to Finidi. If this is me, if the guys do not retract it, that will condemn them to cameo roles if any. It is not like any of them has the name OSIMHEN. That will send the message to every one in no uncertain terms.

In any case, perhaps we may be in a shocking way learning the value of Ahmed Musa. We, and I will not deny that I was not one of those, wanted Musa out of there. Yet we were informed the Musa was critical in keeping players focused on the TEAM even when they were not getting playing time.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Even the big boss himself Stephen Keshi clashed with players. Arteta had to send Aubameyang away from training. Pep Guardiola has clashed with several players. It is part of the job. Not every one will play. No every one will be happy. Finidi George is a good person. There is no malice from him. Even your messiah journey man WOWO coach will clash with players. The difference the WOWO inferiority complex Nigerians like Van city will make excuses. You remember when Peseiro clashed with Iheanacho at Afcon. Did you hear anything from Van city? Nope. Lets be real. Most of us on site will clash with playes in the team. There is a lot of big egos, na me score attitude in the side. If you watch Nigeria regularly, you will know what I mean. They make lazy passes. They do things on international duty that will get them benched while at their club. And the reason why they do it. Is the lack of competition for places and the NFF enables the bad behavior. Finidi probably clashed. The next coach will also clash. We may have to do a total rebuild.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is the new generation way of thinking. It is not like the old days where kids say Yes sir, no Sir. And if they look you funny, you get a dirty slap. They can only hope to achieve half of what Finidi has achieved in his career.

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:37 pm

It is the new generation way of thinking. It is not like the old days where kids say Yes sir, no Sir. And if they look you funny, you get a dirty slap. They can only hope to achieve half of what Finidi has achieved in his career.
Even in the national teams colour, Finidi has won the Afcon and played in two WCs reaching the second round. Players wey never smell WC wan dey do yanga?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

That goal against Ghana was created by a technically efficient coach. The guy is installing his system. And it is a friendly. Players were missing and they were trying to avoid injuries. He also didn't have assistants. How can any one come to the conclusion that he is technically inefficient. People that don't know football, are yarning Opaks on this site.

I saw a budding young coach. That will only get better. Nigeria was working on passing the ball from the back. They also tried to win the ball back when out of procession. I saw an interesting set piece play. I saw Iwobi making late runs in the box. I saw over the top passes to Dessers and Moses. Both should have scored. Moses over played it and sadly hurt his ankle. Dessers blasted the ball over the post. Nigeria should have scored

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:13 pm

Fabio

It is now up to Finidi. If this is me, if the guys do not retract it, that will condemn them to cameo roles if any. It is not like any of them has the name OSIMHEN. That will send the message to every one in no uncertain terms.

In any case, perhaps we may be in a shocking way learning the value of Ahmed Musa. We, and I will not deny that I was not one of those, wanted Musa out of there. Yet we were informed the Musa was critical in keeping players focused on the TEAM even when they were not getting playing time.
Enugu II, The only other player who will win a league is Victor Boniface, Victor himself is not guaranteed a starting XI in the SE depending on formation.

I believe the role Musa plays in the team is invaluable, notwithstanding what the critics wants us to believe.

It's up to Finidi to draft Musa into his team or backroom staff as player/assistant manager. Truth is we can't buy experience, Musa is experience at this level. And it seems so of these players, might need Musa guiding them on the bench.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ahmed Musa can be a non playing member of the team. It is unfair to have him take the spot of a deserving player.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:53 pm Ahmed Musa can be a non playing member of the team. It is unfair to have him take the spot of a deserving player.
Ohenhen1

How do you know the spot a player takes except in a tournament where squad limits are defined? In most of these qualifiers teams can invite 20, 23, 25, 27 or how ever many. What is prudent is that the squads are defined by budget. In fact, in some cases, people wonder the necessity of inviting 23 players from abroad for a one game friendly. It may well be more economically prudent to invite just 15 of such players and fill say 8 other spots with players from a youth team that may have an upcoming competition.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:48 pm
fabio wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:36 pm

That's a FACT.

Fabio

Truly laughable. None of those players have a career worthy of cleaning the cleats worn by Finidi. Bros, if they are not careful they can find themselves quickly in the 'cooler' if and when Ginidi assumes full control. Not one of them is a shoo-in starter for Nigeria. Not one. Even Lookman who just became a starter in Peseiro's last days cannot say tgat he is an automatic selection.
On this I agree with E11, no player is bigger than the country. If their club coach benches them, they don’t complain.
I believe there’s a communication gap between the players and the coach but it’s not right to disrespect the coach, interim or not!
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Abeg you all need a reality check.

I dont care what Finidi has done as a player. He is not a player anymore but a coach.

A good player does not a good coach make. History is literred with great players who failed as coaches.

The players are right to call out a corrupt coach who is sabotaging the team with his own crooked interests and biases. He has done irreversible damage to our WC hopes IMO.

Those friendlies were absolutely useless. Might as well have not even played them.

How can you clamor for a coach who has NO INTEREST in building a team.

But just plays "his boys" the same old bums who have been failing Nigeria for over a decade.

That lazy bum Nacho who just strolls around with pot belly. A 2nd division bench warmer. No wonder he said Finidi should stay.

You people do not know the damage you are hoping comes to SE.

If they retain Finidi I am checking out. You reap what you sow.
Babadee
Egg
Egg

Post by Babadee »

Una don start again.

Nigerians fans are terrible

Support one coach and help him and its team to greatness. A great team is like a puzzle you will keep trying until to get it right.

There is no coach in the one that will come in and win all it’s game.

If he wins u ppl want champagne football

Whoever they choose support him as long as it’s not Salisu , Eguaveon or the u20 coach

Rohr Is bad , Peseiro is bad, Eguaveon is bad, Finidi is bad , Keshi is bad, Berti Vogts is bad , Oliseh is bad.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

fabio wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:51 pm

Fabio

Enugu II, The only other player who will win a league is Victor Boniface, Victor himself is not guaranteed a starting XI in the SE depending on formation.

I believe the role Musa plays in the team is invaluable, notwithstanding what the critics wants us to believe.

It's up to Finidi to draft Musa into his team or backroom staff as player/assistant manager. Truth is we can't buy experience, Musa is experience at this level. And it seems so of these players, might need Musa guiding them on the bench.

What a load of horse sh!!t. Kai Nigerians will never leave their corrupt crooked ways.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

It's clear so us what a coach for development, whilst others want a coach for tournament.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Babadee wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:43 pm
A great team is like a puzzle you will keep trying until to get it right.
But this here is the problem.

He didn't try.

He played his useless "boys" and intentionally kept good players on the bench over 2 matches.

So how on earth can he "get it right"

WHEN HE DOESNT EVEN TRY.

What he did was UNFORGIVEABLE.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Lookman was benched many times by Peseiro.

Did he talk shi$ about him ?

So why all of a sudden he is vocal ?

I'm betting it's not just Lookman.

The boys can smell a crook.

Keep wishing for our self destruction.

Finidi is more important to you all than our key players.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

That’s not the right approach.
Probably why Oliseh failed.
You don’t go around throwing your pedigree in their faces and acting like you’re God’s gift to the players.
Respect is mutual.
Your time don pass. This is their time.
Good man management recognises this.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Fabio

But you guys are already running with the story as if it’s true and embracing it in its worst form.
Players are allowed to voice displeasure nah.
And it’s not a crime.

So let’s try keeping things in perspective.
It’s probably nothing as big as you are making it out to be.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:17 am

That’s not the right approach.
Probably why Oliseh failed.
You don’t go around throwing your pedigree in their faces and acting like you’re God’s gift to the players.
Respect is mutual.
Your time don pass. This is their time.
Good man management recognises this.
Damunk

But to ignore it is to face persistent peril. It should never be ignored. He should be given opportunity to publicly retract it or there should be a repercussion. This type of thing undermines leadership and cannot nor should it be ignored.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

There is a lot of Opak yarning on this site. No one knows exactly what happened in camp. But when you are the interim coach. The big egos will act up. They will say he is not even the full time coach. They are going to hire another one. Again from what I have seen. Finidi has a bright future. Whether he gets the job or not. I also want to say if the story is true. Then it might be time to clean house and rebuild the team. Nigeria is not good enough to have big boys.