FINIDI GEORGE IS A TERRIBLE COACH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: FINIDI GEORGE IS A TERRIBLE COACH

Post by Damunk »

We don start again.
Everybody needs to calm down.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

NFF should do what she know is good for her.
NFF should hire Vancity as the NFF boss or Permanent Technical director with powers to select and hire coaches and players.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm We don start again.
Everybody needs to calm down.
No we don't need to calm down.

There are already reports of players beefing with Finidi.

Why does this nonsense only happen with local coaches ?

Anyways I called it. I said either Finidi is so DUMB, which I do not believe, or there are malevolent intentions towards certain players.

He will destroy SE. Believe that.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 am I was thinking about Emerse Fae and Aliou Cisse before him. 2 former players who lead their teams to glory. I thought that Finidi has been with the team for a while and for continuity sake let us stick by him and make him our own Fae/Cisse. I was actually starting to think this was the way forward, I was rooting for him.

What impressed me initially about Finidi was that he chose a 352 which I long advocated for as our best formation. I was excited. Unfortunately this was where the benefit from Finidi started and ended.

After the Ghana match I saw many dancing and singing his praises. To me I was indifferent after that match. I was neither convinced for or against his case.

First off let us remember that Ghana is in the worst form they have been in in a very long time. They are piss poor, even with their full team.

Against us they were without MANY starters. Djiku, Salisu, Lamptey, Seidu, Partey, Kudus, Inaki, Sulemana, Paintsil, Amartey. It was already a very weak team that we had NO EXCUSE not to dominate.

What was worse that after they went down to 10 men THEY STARTED TO OUTPLAY US AND DOMINATE THE MATCH. That is just unacceptable IMO. The game started out ok, but in the end as I said before, indifferent about Finidi.

On to Mali

What on earth was Finidis purpose ? He had NO PLAN AND NO FORESIGHT.

Was he trying to win the game at all costs ?

If so why keep Lookman on the bench ? Did he not see how he was literally our best player at the Afcon ? I mean was he not part of the staff?

Why would he go for Simon or Nacho over Lookman ?

Even worse why would he bring on Dessers to replace an injured Simon ?

If Finidi truly was trying to win at all costs to the detriment of any experimenting thos decision is simply UNFORGIVABLE and basically proves Finidi is either an incompetent fool, or has a beef with Lookman, similar to the nonsense Oliseh pulled with Mikel and Enyeama.

Either way I want thos guy NOWHERE near SE. Give me any journeyman Oyinbo over this clown.

If he wasn't trying to win at all costs FOR WHAT REASON did Tella, Bashiru, and Yusuf not log a SINGLE MINUTE OVER 2 MATCHES ?

AND yet he watched a LAZY Iheanacho do hos usual customary Jog around the pitch like it's a beer parlor Sunday pick up match.

Abeg this kind of incompetence is UNFORGIVEABLE. I have never seen such a clueless coach in my life. Those wishing us to stick with him do not wish SE well.

I then hear "he didn't chose the team"

Well if he cannot chose the right players sitting in front of him what makes you think he will chose the right team.

He is a clueless PE teacher. Abeg tell all these entitled former players to FOCK off and get a real job.

These clowns will sabotage our WC with this nonsense.

How can he watch a whole 90 minutes with us not creating a single chance other than one Route 1 long ball to Dessers, and not do a gaddem thing about it.

Lookman, Bashiru and Tella on the bench. Sadiq and Yusuf as well.

I am sorry but Finidi is a clueless clown.

He fecked this up, it's all on him and his cluelessness.

Give us our "oyinbo saviour"

Better than this clueless rubbish.

He completely WASTED this 2 match window.

Did not test ANY RELEVANT PLAYER.

CLOWN.
Well said my brother.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 am I wouldn't mind that Nsien guy.

He is Nigerian, but not Nigerian if you catch my drift.

I will take him if he has serious qualifications.

We need one of us that is not corrupted by the way things are run in Nigeria.

So an American born Naija will be fine with me.

I'm sorry but it is what it is, I don't want any of these local coaches near our team. Every opportunity they get they do nothing but remind us why they should be nowhere near SE.

These guys do not operate like the Aliou Cisses and Emerse Faes of this world. It's sad but it's TRUE.
You hit the nail on the head with the above highlighted.

Note: Emerse Faé was born in Nantes while Cissé moved to Paris at the age of nine and they both grew up in France.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

iworo wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 am I was thinking about Emerse Fae and Aliou Cisse before him. 2 former players who lead their teams to glory. I thought that Finidi has been with the team for a while and for continuity sake let us stick by him and make him our own Fae/Cisse. I was actually starting to think this was the way forward, I was rooting for him.

What impressed me initially about Finidi was that he chose a 352 which I long advocated for as our best formation. I was excited. Unfortunately this was where the benefit from Finidi started and ended.

After the Ghana match I saw many dancing and singing his praises. To me I was indifferent after that match. I was neither convinced for or against his case.

First off let us remember that Ghana is in the worst form they have been in in a very long time. They are piss poor, even with their full team.

Against us they were without MANY starters. Djiku, Salisu, Lamptey, Seidu, Partey, Kudus, Inaki, Sulemana, Paintsil, Amartey. It was already a very weak team that we had NO EXCUSE not to dominate.

What was worse that after they went down to 10 men THEY STARTED TO OUTPLAY US AND DOMINATE THE MATCH. That is just unacceptable IMO. The game started out ok, but in the end as I said before, indifferent about Finidi.

On to Mali

If so why keep Lookman on the bench ? Did he not see how he was literally our best player at the Afcon ? I mean was he not part of the staff?

If Finidi truly was trying to win at all costs to the detriment of any experimenting thos decision is simply UNFORGIVABLE and basically proves Finidi is either an incompetent fool, or has a beef with Lookman, similar to the nonsense Oliseh pulled with Mikel and Enyeama.

Either way I want thos guy NOWHERE near SE. Give me any journeyman Oyinbo over this clown.

If he wasn't trying to win at all costs FOR WHAT REASON did Tella, Bashiru, and Yusuf not log a SINGLE MINUTE OVER 2 MATCHES ?

AND yet he watched a LAZY Iheanacho do hos usual customary Jog around the pitch like it's a beer parlor Sunday pick up match.

Abeg this kind of incompetence is UNFORGIVEABLE. I have never seen such a clueless coach in my life. Those wishing us to stick with him do not wish SE well.

Well if he cannot chose the right players sitting in front of him what makes you think he will chose the right team.

He is a clueless PE teacher. Abeg tell all these entitled former players to FOCK off and get a real job.

How can he watch a whole 90 minutes with us not creating a single chance other than one Route 1 long ball to Dessers, and not do a gaddem thing about it.

CLOWN.
Well said my brother.
So you think Finidi deserves the abuse he is getting from this thing on a faceless forum who has done of worth for Nigeria or Nigerian football?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 am Finidi George is better than I expected and he has a great future.
Sheesh! You're the funniest cat on this forum...no capping :lol: :lol: :lol:.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Lolly wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm

On to Mali

CLOWN.
Well said my brother.
So you think Finidi deserves the abuse he is getting from this thing on a faceless forum who has done of worth for Nigeria or Nigerian football?
Lolly, your attention should be directed towards the valid points he has made, rather than critiquing his delivery.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

iworo wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm
Lolly wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm

On to Mali

CLOWN.
Well said my brother.
Lolly, your attention should be directed towards the valid points he has made, rather than critiquing his delivery.
I’m sorry, you just can’t ignore the underserved abuse of a national hero whose only crime is losing a friendly game. Telling the poster “Well said” is encouraging him to continue.

We can analyse games and criticise players and coaches, but we must draw the line on abuse and curses. That shouldn’t be allowed nor encouraged.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

For the last time

"HIS CRIME"

Is NOT "losing a friendly". I think you all know that but continue to be disingenuous.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I wont say he's a terrible coach.

I will say he showed some inexperience and naivety with regards game and squad management.

Few obvious things he missed

1. Ndidi does not play 90 mins for Leicester and rarely plays 2 games in a week post injury. He played 90 mins against Mali while 2 other midfielders were kicking their heels on the bench.
2. When he made his subs, he put Lookman with Dessers from an inside left role, dropped Iwobi to the double pivot and i guess had Kelechi in the free role in front of them? We were not balanced. This was the perfect time to see what Dele-Bashiru can offer in front of Iwobi and another midfielder (Yusuf) not Ndidi.
3. Osayi for 90 mins was a waste. At 55 mins it was obvious it was time to see someone else. Tella plays as an attacking wingback for Leverkusen. Exactly what we were tasking Osayi to do. Why that sub was not made was completely baffling. Begged the question....wetin dem dey do for training?
4. His post game interview was laughable. He really thought we played well. Meanwhile Mali was in complete control of the game. We were doing what they wanted us to do. The fact that he could not see that was a bit of a joke actually.

Sadiq Umar I can understand not playing because he would have had to come in for Dessers who himself was a sub. E for get as e be. He should have started the game if Dessers was not going to play. Kelechi and Simon was a ridiculous pairing.

I had some reservations after the Ghana game. The first half was near flawless and we should have been up by 3/4 goals because Ghana was TERRIBLE. But once they made adjustments in the second half, we struggled and the last 10-15 mins were borderline abysmal.

Finidi has some fundamentals and ideologies down, but in game adjustments and player management leave a lot to be desired. He still dey learn work. Keep him away from the SE for now.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Ugbowo wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 pm I wont say he's a terrible coach.

I will say he showed some inexperience and naivety with regards game and squad management.

1. Ndidi does not play 90 mins for Leicester and rarely plays 2 games in a week post injury. He played 90 mins against Mali while 2 other midfielders were kicking their heels on the bench.
2. When he made his subs, he put Lookman with Dessers from an inside left role, dropped Iwobi to the double pivot and i guess had Kelechi in the free role in front of them? We were not balanced. This was the perfect time to see what Dele-Bashiru can offer in front of Iwobi and another midfielder (Yusuf) not Ndidi.
3. Osayi for 90 mins was a waste. At 55 mins it was obvious it was time to see someone else. Tella plays as an attacking wingback for Leverkusen. Exactly what we were tasking Osayi to do. Why that sub was not made was completely baffling. Begged the question....wetin dem dey do for training?
4. His post game interview was laughable. He really thought we played well. Meanwhile Mali was in complete control of the game. We were doing what they wanted us to do. The fact that he could not see that was a bit of a joke actually.

Sadiq Umar I can understand not playing because he would have had to come in for Dessers who himself was a sub. E for get as e be. He should have started the game if Dessers was not going to play. Kelechi and Simon was a ridiculous pairing.

I had some reservations after the Ghana game. The first half was near flawless and we should have been up by 3/4 goals because Ghana was TERRIBLE. But once they made adjustments in the second half, we struggled and the last 10-15 mins were borderline abysmal.

Finidi has some fundamentals and ideologies down, but in game adjustments and player management leave a lot to be desired. He still dey learn work. Keep him away from the SE for now.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Now, this is a fair and honest critique of the coach. Some people need to learn from you.

blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Well Written
My same thoughts even after the Ghana Game when every one was elated.
Ghana did not have their 1st eleven. One man down and we still could not dominate.
Mali Game :
Why have those subs and Not use them including goal keepers.
We were simply massaging the ball in our half fully contained by the Malians
" Meanwhile Mali was in complete control of the game. We were doing what they wanted us to do " so true
Given the fact that Finidi has been with the Coaching crew team, this has all been a disappointment.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Well Written
My same thoughts even after the Ghana Game when every one was elated.
Ghana did not have their 1st eleven. One man down and we still could not dominate.
Mali Game :
Why have those subs and Not use them including goal keepers.
We were simply massaging the ball in our half fully contained by the Malians
" Meanwhile Mali was in complete control of the game. We were doing what they wanted us to do " so true
Given the fact that Finidi has been with the Coaching crew team, this has all been a disappointment.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

I was taken aback by that comment too. That comment truly took the cake for me!! It seemed to me that he was completely unaware of how his team had performed.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

There's that saying

"When somebody tells you who they are, LISTEN TO THEM"

What has Finidi told us about himself ?

He has no eyes for building a team.
He does not make subs.
He doesn't have an eye for talent.
He is biased towards certain players.
He operates on sentiments.
He cannot influence a match.
He has a one track mind.

He will waste precious time with the team.

The man had spectacularly DISQUALIFIED himself from the position.

Only a FOOL will not listen to what Finidi himself has told us all about who he is.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Slaves, your house slave champion - Van City is back from finishing his exams. Now he can now champion your cause- the glorification and the destruction of the Oyinbo and devilization of the Nigerian. Scarred sect.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

deanotito wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:45 am Some of you guys need to take a vacation. It’s one meaningless game played on a neutral ground

Geez
I consider Vancity one of the biggest buffoons on this site but he is absolutely right about Finidi. I was one of his biggest fans before these matches. When someone shows you who they are, believe them. I can't find a rational explanation for his choices against Mali except that he has compromised his integrity and that should never be overlooked..

I'm shifting my support to Micheal Nsien..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

By the way, anyone remember the episode of Finidi as assistant coach fighting with a player for the exchanged jerseys of one of the opponents after a match a few months ago. So many red flags with this Finidi guy. I completely withdraw my support for him. I'm now supporting Micheal Nsien or the South African guy..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Schillachi wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 pm By the way, anyone remember the episode of Finidi as assistant coach fighting with a player for the exchanged jerseys of one of the opponents after a match a few months ago. So many red flags with this Finidi guy. I completely withdraw my support for him. I'm now supporting Micheal Nsien or the South African guy..

You don decamp already? You must be a member of the PDP. :laugh:

I like Nsien too but I don’t think he’ll play dice with player selection with the Nff. Egbo is also disciplined
but he comes across as a hard man that could ruffle some feathers , we need it but will they allow him the opportunity.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 pm
Schillachi wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 pm By the way, anyone remember the episode of Finidi as assistant coach fighting with a player for the exchanged jerseys of one of the opponents after a match a few months ago. So many red flags with this Finidi guy. I completely withdraw my support for him. I'm now supporting Micheal Nsien or the South African guy..

I like Nsien too but I don’t think he’ll play dice with player selection with the Nff. Egbo is also disciplined
but he comes across as a hard man that could ruffle some feathers , we need it but will they allow him the opportunity.
Lol. I don decamp. Not because of team performance but because I'm now convinced Finidi has integrity issues...
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I swear, some of you on here need a hobby. Go
Out, enjoy some sun, make some friends.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Schillachi wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 pm

Lol. I don decamp. Not because of team performance but because I'm now convinced Finidi has integrity issues...
Or he has issues with some of the init boys? Far fetched but I am just looking for reasons and there are few.