BBC Sport: Friendly Loss Splits Opinions.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BBC Sport: Friendly Loss Splits Opinions.......

Post by vancity eagle »

Schillachi wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 pm
Lolly wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 pm
Schillachi wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:05 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:52 pm The vultures have surrounded Finidi.

Now there’s a report on OGN that Lookman and a few players were so upset with Finidi for not playing that they refused to shake his hand after the game. If true, we haven’t heard of this kind of dissent in the team for a long long time. Also, it turns out that Finidi didn’t have any assistants for the friendlies. So who were the people he met with in the pic showing them planning for the game?

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2024/03/28/l ... t-to-mali/
Well, nothing new.

Do you think Moffi and Iheanacho will send flowers thanking Peseiro after the AFCON? :rotf: :rotf:

But, seriously, I do not understand why some players (not Lookman) did not get a single minute in a FRIENDLY game. That just does not make sense to me.
Well, if you really think about it, there is only one rational explanation...
Biko, tell us. I have been searching the internet for answers.
I suspect Finidi colluded with NFF to give certain players maximum playing time. That's the only rational explanation here.
I agree.

But care to elaborate or speculate more because I cannot understand who and/or why.

Does Dessers have a godfather ? I doubt it. Is he connected to agents ? Also doubt that.

What I see and have long suspected with the NFF is that they keep certain players THEY KNOW WILL MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT away from the team to protect their crappy pet players.

The likes of Awaziem, Omeruo, and Nacho are being protected IMO. It's no coincidence these are the ones saying "Finidi should continue"

Our team is being and has been held hostage by these certain cliques of players and their godfathers in the NFF.

Ahmed Musa is just the tip of the iceberg IMO.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:43 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:29 pm
Schillachi wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 pm I think benching Lookman and Simon for the first game was not polite to say the least. They're part of the 11 that drove the team to the finals just a couple months ago. I can certainly see both getting pissed watching Dressers and Nacho start ahead of them, They're justifies IMHO.
Honestly, the more I think about this, the more enraged I become. Why the tendency to self-destruct? By the way, wasn't Calvin Bassey there? He didn't see a minute. You didn't start Lookman, didn't start Moses against Ghana. Lookman scored against Ghana, yet you left him on the bench against Mali. Moses got injured and you brought in Dessrs instead of Lookman.

We were down and you only used two subs with one of the forced. Is this not a curse? Deep down, I think we really know what's going on. Let's not deceive ourselves here. My suspicion is that Finidi colluded with NFF to showcase specific players for maximum time. I can't find any other rational explanation for these choices...
Here’s the Brila report. Abi dem too dey lie?

https://www.brila.net/report-group-of-s ... th-finidi/
Emir,

This report by Brila is much more sanitized. The one by Owngoal naming Lookman as complaining and talking to the media (with quotes) is far more damaging for the player. If I am Lookman, he better get on this immediately by denying it or at least claiming that he had been misquoted. If not, his career under Finidi or another coach at the NT can be in jeopardy. Better believe it.
Let these clowns end Lookmans career.

SE will become a glorified Benin.

Some of you wondered why some wanted nothing to do with a local coach.

Well here you have it.

Bros,

Lookman does not even dream or come close to what Finidi did in global soccer or does he even come close to what Finidi did in the GWG. Let us be clear on that. Moreover, Finidi has coached both in Europe and Nigeria and has won a league trophy.

Bros, Lookman is easily replaceable. Make no mistake about it. For his sake, I hope Lookman will come out and deny the quote attributed to him. he will be better for it. Football, after all, is not devoid of human relations.
Typical E11, shifting the goalposts! What has the thread got to do with Finidi and Lookman’s club careers!
Instead of addressing the issues, diverting from the topic is the next strategy!
Last edited by Dammy on Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 pm I think benching Lookman and Simon for the first game was not polite to say the least. They're part of the 11 that drove the team to the finals just a couple months ago. I can certainly see both getting pissed watching Dressers and Nacho start ahead of them, They're justifies IMHO.
Honestly, the more I think about this, the more enraged I become. Why the tendency to self-destruct? By the way, wasn't Calvin Bassey there? He didn't see a minute. You didn't start Lookman, didn't start Moses against Ghana. Lookman scored against Ghana, yet you left him on the bench against Mali. Moses got injured and you brought in Dessrs instead of Lookman.

We were down and you only used two subs with one of the forced. Is this not a curse? Deep down, I think we really know what's going on. Let's not deceive ourselves here. My suspicion is that Finidi colluded with NFF to showcase specific players for maximum time. I can't find any other rational explanation for these choices...

Emir,

This report by Brila is much more sanitized. The one by Owngoal naming Lookman as complaining and talking to the media (with quotes) is far more damaging for the player. If I am Lookman, he better get on this immediately by denying it or at least claiming that he had been misquoted. If not, his career under Finidi or another coach at the NT can be in jeopardy. Better believe it.

Well here you have it.

Bros,

Lookman does not even dream or come close to what Finidi did in global soccer or does he even come close to what Finidi did in the GWG. Let us be clear on that. Moreover, Finidi has coached both in Europe and Nigeria and has won a league trophy.

Bros, Lookman is easily replaceable. Make no mistake about it. For his sake, I hope Lookman will come out and deny the quote attributed to him. he will be better for it. Football, after all, is not devoid of human relations.
This is not about Finidi George the player.

It's about Finidi George the coach.

Keep telling yourself Lookman is easily replaceable.

The one who is easily replaceable is that clown of a coach.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

If I am a betting man like I said before there may be very dark days ahead for SE.

The NFF always seems to have factions who are divided for all of our sake let us hope the ones hoping to ruin SE do not win out.

Again.

If Tella or Bashiru played well in any of these 2 matches, the next coach would almost be obligated to invite them in June.

If you are preparing the way to invite a whole bunch of "hey yous" what would you do here.

DENY PLAYERS LIKE FISAYO AND TELLA ANY CHANCE TO SHINE. ZERO MINUTES IN 2 MATCHES.

Then in June you do not call them up and of course we will see "brown envelope" players and the latest homebased hypes. Taminu was just the beginning.

I really fear for SE, because to me this is the only logical explanation to what we witnessed.

I hope I am wrong, but I don't think I am.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:52 pm The vultures have surrounded Finidi.

Now there’s a report on OGN that Lookman and a few players were so upset with Finidi for not playing that they refused to shake his hand after the game. If true, we haven’t heard of this kind of dissent in the team for a long long time. Also, it turns out that Finidi didn’t have any assistants for the friendlies. So who were the people he met with in the pic showing them planning for the game?

Well, nothing new.

Do you think Moffi and Iheanacho will send flowers thanking Peseiro after the AFCON? :rotf: :rotf:

But, seriously, I do not understand why some players (not Lookman) did not get a single minute in a FRIENDLY game. That just does not make sense to me.
I suspect Finidi colluded with NFF to give certain players maximum playing time. That's the only rational explanation here.
I agree.

But care to elaborate or speculate more because I cannot understand who and/or why.

Does Dessers have a godfather ? I doubt it. Is he connected to agents ? Also doubt that.

What I see and have long suspected with the NFF is that they keep certain players THEY KNOW WILL MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT away from the team to protect their crappy pet players.

The likes of Awaziem, Omeruo, and Nacho are being protected IMO. It's no coincidence these are the ones saying "Finidi should continue"

Our team is being and has been held hostage by these certain cliques of players and their godfathers in the NFF.

Ahmed Musa is just the tip of the iceberg IMO.
Bro, it's not that complicated. Certain players may want international exposure to enable them, for instance, to move out of their club. So their agents may work out a financial arrangement with NFF and NFF works with someone like Finidi that will play ball. I can't find any other rational explanation for what I just saw in these friendlies..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 pm

Emir,

Well here you have it.

Bros,

This is not about Finidi George the player.

It's about Finidi George the coach.

Keep telling yourself Lookman is easily replaceable.

The one who is easily replaceable is that clown of a coach.
VE you must have rested well after finishing your exams. See as you are arguing left and right like a ferocious dog.
You still haven't answered my question. My relative is a White man who coaches U5YR in Germany. Will you support him? No sabotage or sentiments.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:55 pm

Emir,

Well here you have it.

Bros,

Typical E11, shifting the goalposts! What has the thread got to do with Finidi and Lookman’s club careers!
Instead of addressing the issues, diverting from the topic is the next strategy!
Dammy,

Unfortunately, I cant help you much if you did not notice the highlight in red and realize the link. I thought is was so simple.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 pm
Lolly wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 pm

No need for that nonsense. You can still shake his hand and complain in private.

I wish some of the journalists can reach to Finidi and ask him why he didn't use his subs. Its a real head-scratcher.
Lolly,

TBH, I am disappointed if Lookman shared this with the media. On this, I think it is probably true because his name is specifically mentioned. In Owngoal's conjectured stories it is quite unusual for names to be specified. Thus, this story has legs to it. If it is untrue then Lookman should immediately issue a rebuttal. In fact, even if it is, he is best advised to respond in the media and claim that he was misquoted. Either way , he should never allow his name to be associated with such a complaint and certainly not in the media.

Why do I feel disappointed? Let me also add that I also feel, additionally, sorry for Lookman. A manager is human and I will not be surprised if Finidi begins to treat Lookman differently if and when the former is named full time Manager. At that time, Lookman will regret making this public. Lookman played minutes in both games. Yes, he had become a starter under Peserio after a long period of not being one. But who is he to determine for a Manager who starts and who does not?

I, as well as many others, wonder why players would be invited for these friendlies and not get a single minute of action on the field. But that, by no way, represents Lookman's case. Lookman played in both games and the fact that he did not start is just irrelevant because that is the Manager's decision and not Lookman's. No one has appointed Lookman manager and his complain should be flushed down the toilet and nothing more.
Well said. I hope it didn’t happen. That would be bad for both especially Finidi. The NFF guys are already looking for excuses not to give him the job.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Well, nothing new.

I am confused. Or you mean the NFF forced him?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 pm
Lolly wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 pm

No need for that nonsense. You can still shake his hand and complain in private.

I wish some of the journalists can reach to Finidi and ask him why he didn't use his subs. Its a real head-scratcher.
Lolly,

TBH, I am disappointed if Lookman shared this with the media. On this, I think it is probably true because his name is specifically mentioned. In Owngoal's conjectured stories it is quite unusual for names to be specified. Thus, this story has legs to it. If it is untrue then Lookman should immediately issue a rebuttal. In fact, even if it is, he is best advised to respond in the media and claim that he was misquoted. Either way , he should never allow his name to be associated with such a complaint and certainly not in the media.

Why do I feel disappointed? Let me also add that I also feel, additionally, sorry for Lookman. A manager is human and I will not be surprised if Finidi begins to treat Lookman differently if and when the former is named full time Manager. At that time, Lookman will regret making this public. Lookman played minutes in both games. Yes, he had become a starter under Peserio after a long period of not being one. But who is he to determine for a Manager who starts and who does not?

I, as well as many others, wonder why players would be invited for these friendlies and not get a single minute of action on the field. But that, by no way, represents Lookman's case. Lookman played in both games and the fact that he did not start is just irrelevant because that is the Manager's decision and not Lookman's. No one has appointed Lookman manager and his complain should be flushed down the toilet and nothing more.
Well said. I hope it didn’t happen. That would be bad for both especially Finidi. The NFF guys are already looking for excuses not to give him the job.
Lolly,

TBH, without those direct quotes, it would have been easy to see one of the NFF camps leaking this stuff to the media. Nevertheless, I hope Lookman comes out in the media to deny those attributions. The earlier the better.

On Finidi, it surely will and I believe it has already done damage to him.
Last edited by Enugu II on Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 pm

Emir,

Well here you have it.

Bros,

Dammy,

Unfortunately, I cant help you much if you did not notice the highlight in red and realize the link. I thought is was so simple.
Abegi!! You are consistently consistent with your lack of objectivity where local coaches are concerned!
You stated that Lookman is “Easily Replaceable”, our leading goal scorer at AFCON and one of the Nigerian players to make the CAF Team of the Tournament? A player who has continued with his goals and the only player to score an outfield goal in our recent friendlies is easily replaceable!
In your eagerness to defend a local coach, you lost all objectivity as usual!
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 pm

Emir,

Well here you have it.

Bros,

Dammy,

Abegi!! You are consistently consistent with your lack of objectivity where local coaches are concerned!
You stated that Lookman is “Easily Replaceable”, our leading goal scorer at AFCON and one of the Nigerian players to make the CAF Team of the Tournament? A player who has continued with his goals and the only player to score an outfield goal!
Dammy,

My position on local managers is clear and transparent. I will always prefer a local manager except when a clearly better FC is the option. I will not argue for a local manager if the likes of Guardiola and his likes are being mentioned for the job. But sure as hell I will not support a coach simply because he isd European. Not ever.

I know for you, your wish is everything from Europe. I do not subscribe to that.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 pm

Emir,

Well here you have it.

Bros,

Dammy,

You stated that Lookman is “Easily Replaceable”, our leading goal scorer at AFCON and one of the Nigerian players to make the CAF Team of the Tournament? A player who has continued with his goals and the only player to score an outfield goal!
Dammy,

My position on local managers is clear and transparent. I will always prefer a local manager except when a clearly better FC is the option. I will not argue for a local manager if the likes of Guardiola and his likes are being mentioned for the job. But sure as hell I will not support a coach simply because he isd European. Not ever.

I know for you, your wish is everything from Europe. I do not subscribe to that.
Why Guardiola? Which NT has ever had such a coach? If that’s your baseline then you are basically saying you will never accept a European coach as only one club in the entire world (the richest club that is) can afford such a coach. That’s a ridiculous argument IMO for a team/third world country like Nigeria…If Guardiola decided to coach a NT you really think Nigeria would be in the conversation like come on let’s be real haba…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Much ado over nothing.

Who invited the players?

AFCON had players who sat on the bench and watched the former coach overuse players.
Friendlies come we also displayed a problem with the use of subs.

Sadiq should be happy. The friendlies might have exposed him just like the friendlies exposed Dessers and a host of others.

If the squad is fully healthy we have to find a solution for the injury-forced absence of Ekong and Moses. Will Iheanacho start over Lookman. Will Lookman move to the flanks to operate in place of Simon?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 pm

Well here you have it.

Bros,

Dammy,

Dammy,

Why Guardiola? Which NT has ever had such a coach? If that’s your baseline then you are basically saying you will never accept a European coach as only one club in the entire world (the richest club that is) can afford such a coach. That’s a ridiculous argument IMO for a team/third world country like Nigeria…If Guardiola decided to coach a NT you really think Nigeria would be in the conversation like come on let’s be real haba…
Mace,
Guardiola is just an example simply because no one will argue that he is INDEED a difference maker. If there is any other coach within that realm, I really will go for the person but certainly not some average guy simply because the guy is European.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Well here you have it.

Bros,

Dammy,

Dammy,

That’s typical E11! He should be man enough to take a stance like Fabio, Ohenhen etc instead of hedging his bets and going round in circles!
He knows we cannot afford a Guardiola, Mourinho, Ancelotti etc types of European coaches, yet that is the standard that he sets!
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 pm

Bros,

Dammy,

Dammy,

That’s typical E11! He should be man enough to take a stance like Fabio, Ohenhen etc instead of hedging his bets and going round in circles!
He knows we cannot afford a Guardiola, Mourinho, Ancelotti etc types of European coaches, yet that is the standard that he sets!
Yep. Most certainly because the Europeans we tend to hire are no better than our own lads. In such a case, I will swim with our own lads. No apologies for that. I do not want another Gernot Rohr, if I cannot get the likes of Guardiola. It should be that simple. I am not going to be like you and take a European simply because he is European. Yet the guy is not better than a Nigerian coach.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Lolly wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 pm

Well, nothing new.

I am confused. Or you mean the NFF forced him?
I don't think they forced him. I also don't think an interim coach like him would organize a corrupt side deal without NFF's knowledge. Which makes me think the financial arrangement must be with certain player agents and the NFF and the NFF can easily tell Finidi to play ball.

That's the only reason I can find for a coach not starting his best players and refusing to make multiple subs in a friendly match when his team is down particularly when this is probably the only golden opportunity the coach will have to showcase his talents.
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 pm

Dammy,

Dammy,

Yep. Most certainly because the Europeans we tend to hire are no better than our own lads. In such a case, I will swim with our own lads. No apologies for that. I do not want another Gernot Rohr, if I cannot get the likes of Guardiola. It should be that simple. I am not going to be like you and take a European simply because he is European. Yet the guy is not better than a Nigerian coach.
The difference between me and you is that I just want a competent coach for the SE while you just want a local coach!
You have not learnt any lessons from the Eguavoen experience and it seems you are unlikely to ever learn. I hope you remember the distractions with Onazi’s invitation, while Ghana got a competent coach and the rest is history.
I am worried about our WCQs, the margin for error is small, and the gap between African teams has been closed.
The worrying pattern starts with us being told that Peseiro selected the squad which turned out to be false.
Why was Dessers recalled after 2 years in the wilderness after being discarded by Peseiro, and why was he given more minutes than any other forward?
We were told that Sadiq and Yusuf were fasting hence their non involvement but the same Sadiq according to reports was upset and refused to shake Finidi’s hands
Why were the likes of Dele-Bashiru and Tella not given any minutes to see what they have to offer?
There’s so much going on and I hope it doesn’t jeopardise our WC chances and the right questions are not being asked
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 pm

Dammy,

Dammy,

The difference between me and you is that I just want a competent coach for the SE while you just want a local coach!
You have not learnt any lessons from the Eguavoen experience and it seems you are unlikely to ever learn. I hope you remember the distractions with Onazi’s invitation, while Ghana got a competent coach and the rest is history.
I am worried about our WCQs, the margin for error is small, and the gap between African teams has been closed.
The worrying pattern starts with us being told that Peseiro selected the squad which turned out to be false.
Why was Dessers recalled after 2 years in the wilderness after being discarded by Peseiro, and why was he given more minutes than any other forward?
We were told that Sadiq and Yusuf were fasting hence their non involvement but the same Sadiq according to reports was upset and refused to shake Finidi’s hands
Why were the likes of Dele-Bashiru and Tella not given any minutes to see what they have to offer?
There’s so much going on and I hope it doesn’t jeopardise our WC chances and the right questions are not being asked
Dammy,

I do not support things because they are or appear foreign including practice equipment. LOL. I support what I believe is quality, not minding if it is local of foreign. That is a notable difference. I won't discriminate on those terms.

I certainly do not support that Finidi failed to empty his bench. I stated as much. Yet it is not enough for me to call for his ouster, either.

Find me a competent manager and I will back him but I will not back someone because he is European. That is a difference.
kendo
Egg
Egg

Post by kendo »

This was said of Sadiq Umar
Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
kendo
Egg
Egg

Post by kendo »

Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

kendo wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 pm
At some point Sadiq is bound to get upset after wasting his time with Afcon then sending him home with a fake injury. I don’t blame him.
OCCUPY NFF!!