for the goats and losers disrespecting Finidi George

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
for the goats and losers disrespecting Finidi George

Post by Bigpokey24 »

make una belle purge and make una sh11t for public for una sokoto and everyone laughs at una Image

A winner , in Europe and Africa, a legend, the best Winger in Europe etc. A Nigerian legend

Even after useless Nigerians murdered his brother during an FA cup tie between Rangers v Stores , some nobody comes to CE to abuse him because the SE lost a friendly game vs Mali missing 8 starters, ..smh this forum is going to the gutters
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: for the goats and losers disrespecting Finidi George

Post by Damunk »

Let’s not forget that Finidi at one point was regarded as the best right winger in the world.
Rated above Barcelona’s Luis Figo.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:12 am Let’s not forget that Finidi at one point was regarded as the best right winger in the world.
SIGNED.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:12 am Let’s not forget that Finidi at one point was regarded as the best right winger in the world.
I remember it well well. Van gaal said if you place a coin in any area of the field, Finidi's cross will land right on it.
It's crazy they are already lambasting him after 2 games. When gbesero was loosing friendlies, why didn't Vancity call for him to be fired? This dude should get outta here!!! Bloody hypocrite!!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

I believe that Nigeria had a good football league in the 80s and 90s.
Your best players are of that era
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

highbury wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:45 am
I remember it well well. Van gaal said if you place a coin in any area of the field, Finidi's cross will land right on it.
It's crazy they are already lambasting him after 2 games. When gbesero was loosing friendlies, why didn't Vancity call for him to be fired? This dude should get outta here!!! Bloody hypocrite!!!
Highbury

Do not take Vancity's post seriously. He loves using hyperbole. He would not use that for an European manager.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

You really cannot be this dense. Do you have a reading comprehension problem, or do you just traffic in dishonesty.

Let me make it clear once again so you can understand.

My attack on Finidi has NOTHING to do with us losing a friendly.

Do you get it ?
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I will forever be grateful for Finidi sending us to our first WC with his goal. He also lost his younger brother when a stray bullet accidentally hit him during a fight between Rangers and Stationary Stores. With that said, being a good player does not equate to a good manager. I think it’s ridiculous to fire him after 2 games but if he does that sitting on his subs/terrible game plan again then he might have to give way.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

packerland wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:14 am I will forever be grateful for Finidi sending us to our first WC with his goal. He also lost his younger brother when a stray bullet accidentally hit him during a fight between Rangers and Stationary Stores. With that said, being a good player does not equate to a good manager. I think it’s ridiculous to fire him after 2 games but if he does that sitting on his subs/terrible game plan again then he might have to give way.
He wouldn't be fired though.

Just NOT HIRED.

If you brought someone on for a job training/interview (who hadn't been hired yet) and they revealed themselves to be completely incompetent, would you then go on to hire them ?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

We're really at an inflection point with Finidi George regarding the SE coaching job. Though he's qualified to be head coach, we cannot isolate his qualifications from his sentimental value to the fans.

Finidi George is SE. He was in the engine room of the most successful Era of SE history. Without Finidi there's no 94 SE and no 94 Afcon. Most of us here were influenced by the work he did for Nigeria in Europe and for SE.

Though I'd rather a more experienced coach due to the importance of the upcoming wcq. However, I also feel we don't have a real choice.

I cannot in good conscience oppose Finidi as head coach of Nigeria. I really wouldn't be able to live with my decision. I've tried to justify opposing him for different reasons but I just can't justify it to satisfy my conscience.

What we need to do now is rally around him and hope he gets the necessary resources needed for him to succeed. If he does well I'll be elated, if he doesn't I'm willing to take the hit as a badge of honor.

Because of, and for , Keshi, Amodu,Chukwu, Manu Garba and all the local coaches that have done us proud over the years and lifted the flag high. We must give Finidi a fair and honest chance to not only lead but create the new SE. That's all.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

What has this got to do with the 0- 2 against Mali?
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:05 am make una belle purge and make una sh11t for public for una sokoto and everyone laughs at una Image

A winner , in Europe and Africa, a legend, the best Winger in Europe etc. A Nigerian legend

Even after useless Nigerians murdered his brother during an FA cup tie between Rangers v Stores , some nobody comes to CE to abuse him because the SE lost a friendly game vs Mali missing 8 starters, ..smh this forum is going to the gutters
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

go away or you be the goat dem call out for this thread? ? did i call you a goat or loser?
1naija wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:20 am What has this got to do with the 0- 2 against Mali?
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:05 am make una belle purge and make una sh11t for public for una sokoto and everyone laughs at una Image

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

packerland wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:14 am I will forever be grateful for Finidi sending us to our first WC with his goal. He also lost his younger brother when a stray bullet accidentally hit him during a fight between Rangers and Stationary Stores. With that said, being a good player does not equate to a good manager. I think it’s ridiculous to fire him after 2 games but if he does that sitting on his subs/terrible game plan again then he might have to give way.
He’s not being fired. He is a caretaker manager going back to his original position as the assistant coach/Enyimba coach.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:17 am We're really at an inflection point with Finidi George regarding the SE coaching job. Though he's qualified to be head coach, we cannot isolate his qualifications from his sentimental value to the fans.

Finidi George is SE. He was in the engine room of the most successful Era of SE history. Without Finidi there's no 94 SE and no 94 Afcon. Most of us here were influenced by the work he did for Nigeria in Europe and for SE.

Though I'd rather a more experienced coach due to the importance of the upcoming wcq. However, I also feel we don't have a real choice.

I cannot in good conscience oppose Finidi as head coach of Nigeria. I really wouldn't be able to live with my decision. I've tried to justify opposing him for different reasons but I just can't justify it to satisfy my conscience.

What we need to do know is to rally around him and hope he gets the necessary resources needed for him to succeed. If he does well I'll be elated, if he doesn't I'm willing to take the hit as a badge of honor.

Because of, and for , Keshi, Amodu,Chukwu, Manu Garba and all the local coaches that have done us proud over the years and lifted the flag high. We must give Finidi a fair and honest chance to not only lead but create the new SE. That's all.
SECONDED & THIRDED, BUT...

...I'd like to know if someone is impersonating you.

On the subject of not using available subs, there are many reasons why coaches don't always use them in games of no import like this: players on the bench (like Lookman) are well known so there's no reason to see them again, better the unknowns be given full opportunity. Maybe the coach wants to try a particular combination of players, or trying to avoid injuries to key players just before a meaningful set of matches. Why would Lookman, as ALLEGED, be so upset? What does he get from playing in matches like this? All over the world in all sports, coaches do this in exhibitions and the proven players welcome it.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

WHO'S THE NFF KIDDING?

They always hire a Nigerian assistant ostensibly to learn for the foreign expert. Then the foreign expert leaves and another foreign expert is hired and a new set of Nigerian assistants are lined up to "learn from him". Why doesn't the NFF give this charade up if Nigerians seemingly cannot learn?
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:58 am I believe that Nigeria had a good football league in the 80s and 90s.
Your best players are of that era
Are you a Ghananese?
Weytin u dey find for here?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The thread is about the blatant disrespect of Finidi by those with an obviously low EQ.
Anyone is free to disagree with his methods or object to his being hired but the disrespect is totally uncalled for.
1naija wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:20 am What has this got to do with the 0- 2 against Mali?

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Respect is earned.

I watched somebody completely disrespect the SE on Tuesday with his actions. And with so much at stake ?

It was very insulting.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Criticism of Finidi, the coach is fair game ( he left some points on the table with some of his decisions especially regarding substitutions in a game whose aim is to test few permutations ) and is not necessarily a blemish on his distinguished career as a super Eagle or a world class player for his various clubs

What I find repulsive is insults towards the man , the person just because of a game or two of football that did not go well

Grown men should be able to adjust their emotions and channel their inner anger the right way

There is a time and place for criticism of a coaching decision but the line is drawn where that criticism becomes personal

It’s not rocket science
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:16 am Respect is earned.

I watched somebody completely disrespect the SE on Tuesday with his actions. And with so much at stake ?

It was very insulting.
You obviously haven’t earned the respect of anyone here with your vile remarks aimed at players and coaches. That is the bigger crime, not the coach making mistakes in a couple of friendly matches.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:27 am
Highbury

Do not take Vancity's post seriously. He loves using hyperbole. He would not use that for an European manager.
He won't talk like that on BigSoccer where his oyibo audience see him as "measured"
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:31 am The thread is about the blatant disrespect of Finidi by those with an obviously low EQ.
Anyone is free to disagree with his methods or object to his being hired but the disrespect is totally uncalled for.

Low IQ is a generous description for Vanshitty. :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:26 am
He wouldn't be fired though.

Just NOT HIRED.

If you brought someone on for a job training/interview (who hadn't been hired yet) and they revealed themselves to be completely incompetent, would you then go on to hire them ?
No sir! I completely forgot the job isn’t his permanently. Well, he might have pissed away his chances of retaining the position. With a game in June, we need a permanent manager ASAP. I don’t even care the shade of his or her skin.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .