EXCLUSIVE: Finidi did not invite Sadiq Umar for Super Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Finidi did not invite Sadiq Umar for Super Eagles

Post by aruako1 »

1naija wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:59 pm Who said anything about selling players? You just confirmed the issue I raised. If Peseiro can succumb to the pressure of inviting Bameyi, what do you think Finidi will do?
aruako1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:40 pm
1naija wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:47 pm The problem is not with hiring a Nigerian manager perse. The fact is most Nigerian manager will have to succumb to pressure from Nigerians, especially those that have access to people in top government position. Finidi will not make 100% of his list. If someone with access to the Presidency wants a player in the squad, that player will be in the squad whether Finidi likes it or not. That's the main issue with Nigerian coaches. All of you know this, but you would rather bury your heads in the sand. Finidi, therefore will be a successful coach with Nigeria for this reason. We should stop deceiving ourselves.
Enugu II wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:40 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:23 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:15 pm It's clear Finidi didn't invite most of the players.

You don't invite players and then give them ZERO minutes over 2 friendlies, even when your team is playing like sheeeeeit.

I believe he likely invited Taminu.

I am just warning you all. Finidi has told you what he will do if he is coach.

He won't invite Tella or Dele Bashiru. Guys like Lookman may not have a key role, if any at all.

He is not interested in these players.

Be ready for more Taminu's in the team at the expense of these players we are all clamoring for.

That is why it is a HELL NO regarding Finidi George.

He intends to turn SE into a business. He wasn't even subtle about what he intends to do, even while under trial.

That really should scare any true genuine fan of SE.
I'll take you serious when you write this claptrap with your government name. Some of you idiots feel comfortable to make such allegations anonymously. Tanimu did far better than the likes of Awaziem and Omeruo so I'd like more Tanimu’s in the team. You cretins have started tarnishing the image of another Nigerian coach after just after 2 games. You never accused Peseiro of corruption when he invited a player from Yum Yum FC but there you are because Finidi is a Nigerian. KKK has nothing on you.
Aruako1

This isn't surprising. You will see more if a Nigerian becomes manager....suddenly you will see ethnic analysis of invited players, unfounded accusations of bribery, etc.
So how did Bameyi get on Peseiro's list? Did he succumb to pressure? Why is he not accused of selling players?
The original post accused Finidi of selling players. My point was that Peseiro or foreign managers are never accused of corruption when they invite players we don't like. The accusations are wrong when they happen to any manager, local or foreign. They are even worse when they are reserved for local managers.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

1naija wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:47 pm The problem is not with hiring a Nigerian manager perse. The fact is most Nigerian manager will have to succumb to pressure from Nigerians, especially those that have access to people in top government position. Finidi will not make 100% of his list. If someone with access to the Presidency wants a player in the squad, that player will be in the squad whether Finidi likes it or not. That's the main issue with Nigerian coaches. All of you know this, but you would rather bury your heads in the sand. Finidi, therefore will be a successful coach with Nigeria for this reason. We should stop deceiving ourselves.
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:15 pm It's clear Finidi didn't invite most of the players.

You don't invite players and then give them ZERO minutes over 2 friendlies, even when your team is playing like sheeeeeit.

He won't invite Tella or Dele Bashiru. Guys like Lookman may not have a key role, if any at all.

Be ready for more Taminu's in the team at the expense of these players we are all clamoring for.

He intends to turn SE into a business. He wasn't even subtle about what he intends to do, even while under trial.

I'll take you serious when you write this claptrap with your government name. Some of you idiots feel comfortable to make such allegations anonymously. Tanimu did far better than the likes of Awaziem and Omeruo so I'd like more Tanimu’s in the team. You cretins have started tarnishing the image of another Nigerian coach after just after 2 games. You never accused Peseiro of corruption when he invited a player from Yum Yum FC but there you are because Finidi is a Nigerian. KKK has nothing on you.
Aruako1

This isn't surprising. You will see more if a Nigerian becomes manager....suddenly you will see ethnic analysis of invited players, unfounded accusations of bribery, etc.
So no Nigerian must become manager of the SE because of political interference. The problem with the argument is you think foreign coaches also don't play politics. In every team, even in America there is politics. A coach would invite some one to make the oga happy. It happens on my favorite team. They even draft local boys that can't play to be able to sell tickets. We all remember how English players cost more than foreigners in the EPL. Then you have coaches that have their favorites. Peseiro had his favorites. Finidi too will have his favorites. It is part of the game. Findi should write it into his contract that he will be responsible for team selection. Off course there will be pressure for certain players to be invited. He can invite anyone he wants. But if he doesn't improve the team and win competitive games, he too has to go. Just like Peseiro had to go.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

While I cannot vouch for any of these stories, some of them make sense. Here are my thoughts.

1. Remember NFF, up until a week or so before the games, remained engaged in contract negotiation with Peseiro.

2. Note that FIFA rules require that invitations are sent to players and their clubs no less than two weeks before an international or else clubs have a right not to release a player.

3. Given the scenario above, one would think that the NFF either had Peseior draw up a list given the timeline in #2 OR NFF drew up the list on its own. It is also possible that NFF asked Finidi to do so but Finidi had not been announced at the time.

4. Whatever happened in #3, gives NFF the opportunity to tamper with the list given that there was no substantive Manager to challenge a tampering scenario.

The above is merely my own reasoned conjecture. Note also that the confusion and delay in announcing a manager for the game may also explain why the team list was not announced publicly until very late.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So why do you complain about the SE list knowing that's the case with everyone national team?
ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:29 am

Aruako1

So no Nigerian must become manager of the SE because of political interference. The problem with the argument is you think foreign coaches also don't play politics. In every team, even in America there is politics. A coach would invite some one to make the oga happy. It happens on my favorite team. They even draft local boys that can't play to be able to sell tickets. We all remember how English players cost more than foreigners in the EPL. Then you have coaches that have their favorites. Peseiro had his favorites. Finidi too will have his favorites. It is part of the game. Findi should write it into his contract that he will be responsible for team selection. Off course there will be pressure for certain players to be invited. He can invite anyone he wants. But if he doesn't improve the team and win competitive games, he too has to go. Just like Peseiro had to go.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

1naija wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:40 am So why do you complain about the SE list knowing that's the case with everyone national team?
ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:29 am

Aruako1

I don't care who the coach invites as long as he wins and he develops the team. I like every one else have my preference. for example I want new blood. I want youngsters like Eletu, Fredericks, Daga, Akinsamiro and etc in the team. I also want friendlies to be used only to test new players. But at the end of the day, the coach should decide. Because he is the one that will be blamed if they fail.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:39 am While I cannot vouch for any of these stories, some of them make sense. Here are my thoughts.

1. Remember NFF, up until a week or so before the games, remained engaged in contract negotiation with Peseiro.

2. Note that FIFA rules require that invitations are sent to players and their clubs no less than two weeks before an international or else clubs have a right not to release a player.

3. Given the scenario above, one would think that the NFF either had Peseior draw up a list given the timeline in #2 OR NFF drew up the list on its own. It is also possible that NFF asked Finidi to do so but Finidi had not been announced at the time.

4. Whatever happened in #3, gives NFF the opportunity to tamper with the list given that there was no substantive Manager to challenge a tampering scenario.

The above is merely my own reasoned conjecture. Note also that the confusion and delay in announcing a manager for the game may also explain why the team list was not announced publicly until very late.
Someone is thinking outside the box :thumb:
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

No manager is immune from the NFF tampering with the invitation list.

NONE!

So, let's get that one off the table.

We have sat and witnessed Peisero and other oyibo coaches before him invite players for friends and refuse to use them. It is called "Coach's decision" when they do it. But, don't ever think or phantom the idea of a local coach doing... it must be something nefarious.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

BTW, give a 3rd party unaffiliated person (professional) to grade the players. Watch the game tape without any commentary. No knowledge of who the players are or their 'resume'. And you will be surprised who grades poorly.

The other day someone was saying that Tanimu was just loading the ball and was just ordinary. Yet he wasn't the lowest-rated player amongst his defensive partners or on the team.

We really have to work on our biases.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

That's not the issue at stake. The issue is whether the position should refelect the national Character i.e turn by turn. Is it the North's turn? If not, why not? They are local too...
Cellular wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:20 pm No manager is immune from the NFF tampering with the invitation list.

NONE!

We have sat and witnessed Peisero and other oyibo coaches before him invite players for friends and refuse to use them. It is called "Coach's decision" when they do it. But, don't ever think or phantom the idea of a local coach doing... it must be something nefarious.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

1naija wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:00 pm That's not the issue at stake. The issue is whether the position should refelect the national Character i.e turn by turn. Is it the North's turn? If not, why not? They are local too...
Cellular wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:20 pm No manager is immune from the NFF tampering with the invitation list.

NONE!

Maybe those calling for a Northerner should convince their best coaches to apply in the first instance.

Does anyone have any name of a good coach (from the set of 94) from the North? Is Garba Lawal available? :biggrin:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Who are the good coaches in the south? What's the criteria for "good"?
Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:28 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:00 pm That's not the issue at stake. The issue is whether the position should refelect the national Character i.e turn by turn. Is it the North's turn? If not, why not? They are local too...

NONE!

Maybe those calling for a Northerner should convince their best coaches to apply in the first instance.

Does anyone have any name of a good coach (from the set of 94) from the North? Is Garba Lawal available? :biggrin:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

1naija wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:34 pm Who are the good coaches in the south? What's the criteria for "good"?

NONE!

You’ve been promoting your local coach as good enough. What criteria did you use?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Who is my local coach? Does he have a record?
Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:41 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:34 pm Who are the good coaches in the south? What's the criteria for "good"?

NONE!

You’ve been promoting your local coach as good enough. What criteria did you use?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

1naija wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:45 pm Who is my local coach? Does he have a record?
Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:41 pm

NONE!

You already gave us the name of your local coach and his record. You forgot?

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I think Sadiq Umar needs to stay away from NIgeria for a while. It is clear to me that there is someone (or group) who is trying to destroy his career/his public image and they will stop at nothing.

Remember how they got him out of the AFCON team? And then the smear campaign that followed? And then remember when we lost the final and then some people cam after him on Twitter, even though he wasnt even on the team? :lol: And he had to tell them that "I am not Iwobi?"

Now this! With all the players who were not invited by FInidi, someone wants to write an article about Sadiq and then tell us that he revolted in camp.

There is something going on.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?