Domenec Torent -New SE coach?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Domenec Torent -New SE coach?

Post by ohenhen1 »

If they hire him. I will support him and wish for success. I will give him the usual 6 months to see the direction of the team. Then will decide if he is good enough. I am fair and consistent whether na local coach or foreign coach. It is equal treatment. if he is not up to standard, he has to go. Nigeria should bee a powerhouse in Africa. Drawing against teams like Lesotho and Zimbabwe in competitive games is unacceptable. Reaching semi finals at Afcon is unacceptable. The Standard is to win Afcon and to get to atleast the 2nd round of the WC. That is the standard Nigeria should always have. Also coaches got to be winners. But the NFF have lowered that standard. WOWO Nigerians only apply that standard to local coaches. If Torrent doesn't do well against SA and Benin. I will not blame him. he is walking into a tough job. It is not going to be easy.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

This is 2024.... na so una dey drop names of "Hey You" coaches (and players) since 2004...
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:13 pm If I were Finidi I would resign. Look for work in another African country. Does the new expat law apply to the NFF? Or does it only apply for foreign owned companies?
You know finidi has a day job right as the coach of Enyimba right ? Abi u don follow join Enyimba to sack am ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:40 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:13 pm If I were Finidi I would resign. Look for work in another African country. Does the new expat law apply to the NFF? Or does it only apply for foreign owned companies?
You know finidi has a day job right as the coach of Enyimba right ? Abi u don follow join Enyimba to sack am ?
I know but eventually he will want to manage a national team. Continue to make progress in his career. Go where they want you.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:49 pm If they hire him. I will support him and wish for success. I will give him the usual 6 months to see the direction of the team. Then will decide if he is good enough. I am fair and consistent whether na local coach or foreign coach. It is equal treatment. if he is not up to standard, he has to go. Nigeria should bee a powerhouse in Africa. Drawing against teams like Lesotho and Zimbabwe in competitive games is unacceptable. Reaching semi finals at Afcon is unacceptable. The Standard is to win Afcon and to get to atleast the 2nd round of the WC. That is the standard Nigeria should always have. Also coaches got to be winners. But the NFF have lowered that standard. WOWO Nigerians only apply that standard to local coaches. If Torrent doesn't do well against SA and Benin. I will not blame him. he is walking into a tough job. It is not going to be easy.
With supporters like you, who needs detractors? Just like that you don jump off Finidi bandwagon. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:27 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:49 pm If they hire him. I will support him and wish for success. I will give him the usual 6 months to see the direction of the team. Then will decide if he is good enough. I am fair and consistent whether na local coach or foreign coach. It is equal treatment. if he is not up to standard, he has to go. Nigeria should bee a powerhouse in Africa. Drawing against teams like Lesotho and Zimbabwe in competitive games is unacceptable. Reaching semi finals at Afcon is unacceptable. The Standard is to win Afcon and to get to atleast the 2nd round of the WC. That is the standard Nigeria should always have. Also coaches got to be winners. But the NFF have lowered that standard. WOWO Nigerians only apply that standard to local coaches. If Torrent doesn't do well against SA and Benin. I will not blame him. he is walking into a tough job. It is not going to be easy.
With supporters like you, who needs detractors? Just like that you don jump off Finidi bandwagon. :laugh:
Stop with the Fake news.

Finidi is the best option for Nigeria.

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:24 pm Hmmm.

A quick google check reveals he would be a bad choice. He has failed in his recent head coach positions - New York City, Flamengo and Galatasaray. He didn’t last more than 6 months in his last two jobs before he was sacked.

He’s had a good career as number 2 working with Guardiola but obviously not a successful career as the number 1 in all the clubs he has managed.
He is perfect for the NFF then. He will tell us how we need to be patient and learn from Morocco and Senegal.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:50 am

A quick google check reveals he would be a bad choice. He has failed in his recent head coach positions - New York City, Flamengo and Galatasaray. He didn’t last more than 6 months in his last two jobs before he was sacked.

He’s had a good career as number 2 working with Guardiola but obviously not a successful career as the number 1 in all the clubs he has managed.
He is perfect for the NFF then. He will tell us how we need to be patient and learn from Morocco and Senegal.

Why do you guys think a coach can wave a magic wand and start winning right away? Do you know the personnel he inherited at the clubs he coached or the trajectory of the clubs at the time he took over? Besides, since when did winning at a club equal winning with SE? When Pesseiro was hired you people said he was a failure in Venezuela but he needed up taking SE to Afcon finals. Perhaps it’s time to admit that you know little to nothing about what it takes to win just from googling.
OCCUPY NFF!!
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

Have we (the NFL) ever hired a coach based on merit? They all come to Naija and make their names
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:58 pm

Seems like we are always impressed by names I.e. Peseiro’s connections with Mourinho and now Torent’s relationship with Guardiola
Na today? you do not know the typical Nigerian? The usual "Do you know who I am?" "Do you know my father?" :lol:

We are excited by connections! By names.. by God fatherism. It tickles us! We do not like talent or quality. So long as your best friend is in high places (Mourinho, Pep), thats all that matters.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:41 am
aruako1 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:50 am

Why do you guys think a coach can wave a magic wand and start winning right away? Do you know the personnel he inherited at the clubs he coached or the trajectory of the clubs at the time he took over? Besides, since when did winning at a club equal winning with SE? When Pesseiro was hired you people said he was a failure in Venezuela but he needed up taking SE to Afcon finals. Perhaps it’s time to admit that you know little to nothing about what it takes to win just from googling.
We can make similar excuses for any coach. Show me where I said anything about Peseiro before he was hired...I'm waiting. But I know that I do not want the cowardly football he played against Cote d'ivoire for my team. If NFF decides to hire Torrent after his poor record, we will support the team and hope for the best. So face NFF, not me.

I have never claimed to be an expert in football - if I was one I would be making a living from it. My test is my eye...if the team is playing well even grandma from the village will know...the game is not that complicated.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:53 pm
Eaglezbeak wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:37 pm 8 years without Nigeria at the World Cup,oh well.
It happens! It’s been 10 yrs for Italy. If they miss the next one it’ll be a 16yrs absence by 2030 WC if they qualify.if they don’t it’ll be 20yrs. 8yrs is Nattin.
:woot:
Italy have won World Cups and have a slightly above average league and clubs own academies so when they do get it together they’ll be expected to makeup for their loses,Nigeria on the other hand will most likely become a nation that has been like Hungary,Russia and at best teams that appear every now and again like Bulgaria and Romania,only Nigerian will miss out and the party goes on.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI