Nsien Interview -

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nsien Interview -

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:01 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:39 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:43 pm Based on that interview. I dont think he is a good candidate. But you can't judge a book by the cover. The NFF need to interview him. Lets hear his plans for the team. You never know.
Ohenhen1,

What did you notice in the interview that makes him an unsuitable candidate? Please be clear and definitive.
I am not a fan of the MLS. The quality of play in that league is poor. He also comes across as naive. But you never know. I would prefer he comes in as an assistant and U20 coach. Work his way up. Get used to the way it is done in Nigeria, which is different than in America.
Na waao! I have nothing else to add, sadly.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:01 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:39 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:43 pm Based on that interview. I dont think he is a good candidate. But you can't judge a book by the cover. The NFF need to interview him. Lets hear his plans for the team. You never know.
Ohenhen1,

What did you notice in the interview that makes him an unsuitable candidate? Please be clear and definitive.
He also comes across as naive.
Nothing more naive (or corrupt) than watching your team play like sheeeeit and refuse to make any changes.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I listened to the interview....it's hard to take someone like that seriously.

There was no coach speak at all. A lot of naivete. Sounded like a social media critic.

I had some hopes because of his previous experiences with FC Tulsa and the USYMT....but he sounded like a foreigner that reads about Nigerian football.

He's not ready.

Keep him far far away from the Super Eagles.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

To the contrary!
We should fire Ayoakinfe and make this guy SE Technical advisor - on the internet!!!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D

Ugbowo wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:52 pm I listened to the interview....it's hard to take someone like that seriously.

There was no coach speak at all. A lot of naivete. Sounded like a social media critic.

I had some hopes because of his previous experiences with FC Tulsa and the USYMT....but he sounded like a foreigner that reads about Nigerian football.

He's not ready.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ugbowo wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:52 pm I listened to the interview....it's hard to take someone like that seriously.

He's not ready.

Ugbowo

What you mention is what we attract me not what will dissuade me. I will not hire someone based on coachsoeak on the internet. That should be reserved for the appropriate place.

What you mention above indicates close interest on the job than someone who is a fly by night mercenary.

Not that this guy is my choice, to be clear. The point here is that the things you mention here is a PULL and not a PUSH.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:49 am

He's not ready.

Ugbowo

What you mention is what we attract me not what will dissuade me. I will not hire someone based on coachsoeak on the internet. That should be reserved for the appropriate place.

What you mention above indicates close interest on the job than someone who is a fly by night mercenary.

Not that this guy is my choice, to be clear. The point here is that the things you mention here is a PULL and not a PUSH.
Prof,

I won't hire anyone based on the coach speak you think im talking about either.

But he was referencing his interpretation of the SE tactics in this interview. The coach speak and social media critic line refers to me thinking as a coach he ought to know better. He does not know the circumstances that lead to an attacking coach (we were a gung ho full attacking side until the second game of the AFCON) going defensive. If you are going to call a press conference to declare your interest in a coaching job, you have to be prepared to sound like you are properly educated in the team you are trying to coach. That statement meant he only watched us at AFCON. That's ridiculous to me.

He mentions the same thing most ppl who just read about us but dont know us always say....our attack looks good on paper. Duhhhhh...anybody who watched football will say that. I would be more impressed if he mentioned our issues in midfield, our ageing defence and also our hopefully now resolved goalkeeping deficiencies. Sound like you have done a deep dive into the team not read an article on the athletic website.

And then the way he pronounced Victor's last name really pissed me off...you might think that's trivial but it just shows me that he's a stranger in his father's land and really DOES NOT know the team. It'll be extremely tough to get his ideas translated to our guys.

He's not savvy enough. Let him handle the Flying Eagles to start.
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

I am sorry. He is not it U19 US Coach? Which US U-19 team? Which team U19? boys or Girls? National Team? He is not anywhere close to any of our Local Coaches. Guys how dumb are we. Just because you coaching a US U19 team then you are a coach? Get da F outta here. Go coach an MLS team and win championships with them then come and vie for a job coaching one of the best team with several top players in the world.(Super Eagles). He is not even qualify to coach the Falcons..

Enough of this colonial mentality... just because you speak with american tone or british tone you are intelligent?

I am tired of our bush behaviours
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Agbako wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:41 pm I am sorry. He is not it U19 US Coach? Which US U-19 team? Which team U19? boys or Girls? National Team? He is not anywhere close to any of our Local Coaches. Guys how dumb are we. Just because you coaching a US U19 team then you are a coach? Get da F outta here. Go coach an MLS team and win championships with them then come and vie for a job coaching one of the best team with several top players in the world.(Super Eagles). He is not even qualify to coach the Falcons..

Enough of this colonial mentality... just because you speak with american tone or british tone you are intelligent?

Oga, some of the local coaches we are considering actually haven't coached anyone in a few years...
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Schillachi wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:13 pm
Agbako wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:41 pm I am sorry. He is not it U19 US Coach? Which US U-19 team? Which team U19? boys or Girls? National Team? He is not anywhere close to any of our Local Coaches. Guys how dumb are we. Just because you coaching a US U19 team then you are a coach? Get da F outta here. Go coach an MLS team and win championships with them then come and vie for a job coaching one of the best team with several top players in the world.(Super Eagles). He is not even qualify to coach the Falcons..

Oga, some of the local coaches we are considering actually haven't coached anyone in a few years...
The operative word is SOME. How about others?
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

fabio wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:29 pm Someone is impressed by eloquent. Na eloquent we go chop.
All these Up Sooting people don scatter conversation :smh:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

I KNOW MICHAEL NSIEN, JR. He is a tremendous coach and is very ready to coach the Super Eagles. Not many know that as a College player for UCLA, he came home to play for our Olympic team which failed to qualify for the 2004 Olympics. Not many know that when he was the coach of FC Tulsa, he facilitated the signing of Nigerian players from Nigeria including Mfon Udoh, Solomon Kwambe and Raphael Ayagwa. There was also another Nigerian (US born) on the team. Many used to joke that it was the Tulsa Super Eagles and their record was very impressive. So, he's used to coaching and dealing with our players. He's very familiar with our players' mentality and our playing culture as well as the usual peculiar NFF problems. He's not just the US U19 coach, he is also an Assistant Coach with the full US National Team ( he was part of the team in the last set of matches). He has the top coaching certifications: UEFA Pro, UEFA A and USSF A and B Licenses. The man will bring the organization, attention to detail and cutting edge technology to the Super Eagles because that's what he's uses to in the US setup. I'll rather they give him the job instead of some of the journeymen mentioned who aren't likely to be any better than Peseiro.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Obong wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:47 am I KNOW MICHAEL NSIEN, JR. He is a tremendous coach and is very ready to coach the Super Eagles. Not many know that as a College player for UCLA, he came home to play for our Olympic team which failed to qualify for the 2004 Olympics. Not many know that when he was the coach of FC Tulsa, he facilitated the signing of Nigerian players from Nigeria including Mfon Udoh, Solomon Kwambe and Raphael Ayagwa. There was also another Nigerian (US born) on the team. Many used to joke that it was the Tulsa Super Eagles and their record was very impressive. So, he's used to coaching and dealing with our players. He's very familiar with our players' mentality and our playing culture as well as the usual peculiar NFF problems. He's not just the US U19 coach, he is also an Assistant Coach with the full US National Team ( he was part of the team in the last set of matches). He has the top coaching certifications: UEFA Pro, UEFA A and USSF A and B Licenses. The man will bring the organization, attention to detail and cutting edge technology to the Super Eagles because that's what he's uses to in the US setup. I'll rather they give him the job instead of some of the journeymen mentioned who aren't likely to be any better than Peseiro.
Good but compared to others vying for the job. I prefer other candidates.
Good and look at the CV of Finidi George, Emanuel Amuneke, Egbo, Concalves and etc.

He will make an excellent assistant coach.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:54 pm IF i am NFF there is no way i will hire u19 coach to come and coach the SE, dude has no clue how difficult coaching the SE , whereby everyone is a coach ..smh
Simple. Many will cite Alonso, Guardiola, casually dismissing the enormity of experience gained in their playing careers (the learning under some of game’s greatest coaches) and the enormity of the institutions in which they worked.

For all the gardening leave afforded Greg Wife Beater, was he ever considered a candidate for caretaker of the USMNT? Even if only for a single training session? To set out a single cone? To slice a single orange?

In years to come, maybe. Here? Now? Not at all. He won’t inspire anything in the players, most of whom will expect him to move his “moto” in the car park and queue up for a signed shirt.

As Pokey has rightly surmised, the fully grown is a massive step up from a nothing U19 side. Ambition is as much a maker of kings as it is a sentence to subordination if mishandled.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Obong wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:47 am I KNOW MICHAEL NSIEN, JR. He is a tremendous coach and is very ready to coach the Super Eagles. Not many know that as a College player for UCLA, he came home to play for our Olympic team which failed to qualify for the 2004 Olympics. Not many know that when he was the coach of FC Tulsa, he facilitated the signing of Nigerian players from Nigeria including Mfon Udoh, Solomon Kwambe and Raphael Ayagwa. There was also another Nigerian (US born) on the team. Many used to joke that it was the Tulsa Super Eagles and their record was very impressive. So, he's used to coaching and dealing with our players. He's very familiar with our players' mentality and our playing culture as well as the usual peculiar NFF problems. He's not just the US U19 coach, he is also an Assistant Coach with the full US National Team ( he was part of the team in the last set of matches). He has the top coaching certifications: UEFA Pro, UEFA A and USSF A and B Licenses. The man will bring the organization, attention to detail and cutting edge technology to the Super Eagles because that's what he's uses to in the US setup. I'll rather they give him the job instead of some of the journeymen mentioned who aren't likely to be any better than Peseiro.
He is clearly the best Nigerian candidate for the job. Full stop!!

But trust Nigerians to prefer coaches that have already shown signs of corruption; then they will start crying later about inexplicable lineups and substitution patterns that makes zero sense.
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

He has my vote. Unfortunately, he needs a godfather.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Cellular wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:28 am
Finidi and Amuneke are ahead of him!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

wanaj0 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:05 pm
Based on facts or feelings?
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The ex Angolan coach is also ahead of him. But he should be appointed as the U20/assistant SE coach.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:17 pm The ex Angolan coach is also ahead of him. But he should be appointed as the U20/assistant SE coach.
He should be seriously considered. But if he doesn't get the SE job he should be considered for the U20 job.
I also would like the Beyond Limits coach, Olumide Ajibolade to coach our U17.

But with the SE job, I know the old guard will resist him.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
solo
Egg
Egg

Post by solo »

He is a very good coach; those who can, should look at some of his training sections or matches
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Schillachi wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:07 pm
FACTS. He has little or no experience coaching senior teams. Amuneke has coached under age teams and coached senior National teams. Amuneke has coached in Africa. I can go on and on.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

wanaj0 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:28 am
Schillachi wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:07 pm
FACTS. He has little or no experience coaching senior teams. Amuneke has coached under age teams and coached senior National teams. Amuneke has coached in Africa. I can go on and on.
Don't go, on and on. Eloquent is better than experience :D
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I can't judge a book by its cover. Let's see what he has to say in the interview. I do know what I want.

1. Coach need to scout the local league. Coach the CHAN. Live in Nigeria. Help develop the game in Nigeria by working with other coaches.
2. Nigeria got to play total football. Can't play scared.
3. Salary should be in Naira not dollars or euros.
4. Senior team experience not important as long as he shows the ability to do the job. Strong personal skills. Strong managerial skills. Strong ability to overcome difficult working environment. I don't want a Yes man.

Does he fulfill my requirements?