Nigeria Super Falcons 1 South Africa 0 Live Stream | Africa Olympic Qualifiers

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria Super Falcons 1 South Africa 0 Live Stream | Africa Olympic Qualifiers

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

greg wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:02 pm We should be leading by a lot of goals by now. Hopefully these missed don't come back to bite us
I've never watched a game we shouldn't be leading by a lot of goals.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria Super Falcons 1 South Africa 0 Live Stream | Africa Olympic Qualifiers

Post by airwolex »

2024 feels like 1984. Tbh coverage was better then
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Well done falcons. If the boys could get a result like you did they'll probably be going to the Olympics.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

good result
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:15 pm
greg wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:02 pm We should be leading by a lot of goals by now. Hopefully these missed don't come back to bite us
I've never watched a game we shouldn't be leading by a lot of goals.
Yeah just like the Afcon final vs CIV
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Should have won by 4 goals. Played well but didn't finish their chances.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:03 pm Should have won by 4 goals. Played well but didn't finish their chances.
So you finally admit they played well that’s what Randy can do. Now compare that to their last game couple of games against Ethiopia and against Cameroon with your clueless local coach when Randy wasn’t there.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

jette1 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:14 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:03 pm Should have won by 4 goals. Played well but didn't finish their chances.
So you finally admit they played well that’s what Randy can do. Now compare that to their last game couple of games against Ethiopia and against Cameroon with your clueless local coach when Randy wasn’t there.
I still don't know exactly what Randy Waldrum adds to the team that we can't get from a local coach. Compare the play under Florence Omagbemi to the play under Randy Waldrum. Tell me why is Randy Waldrum better?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:29 pm
jette1 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:14 pm
I still don't know exactly what Randy Waldrum adds to the team that we can't get from a local coach. Compare the play under Florence Omagbemi to the play under Randy Waldrum. Tell me why is Randy Waldrum better?
Ok all those coaches could not get us to Olympics for 18yrs. If Waldrum does, then he'll have added something that they didn't. Deal?
Bell
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria Super Falcons vs South Africa Live Stream | Africa Olympic Qualifiers

Post by Bell »

ahidjo2 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:52 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:40 pm Shame…shame ….shame on the nff for the low turnout. This is unacceptable.
I am more concerned about the incredibly shameful coverage. Has always been like this anytime there is a game here and you wonder why almost everything about Nigeria is riddled with incompetence. How hard is it to cover a national team's game in a competent way. Can't high school students do better than this in 2024?
JUST LIKE YOU'RE ADVOCATING THE SUPER EAGLES HEAD COACH...

...do you think this should be outsourced so some foreign entitity? Afterall, according to you, if Nigerians aren't doing it, bring in foreigners - it's all about the best, right?

Sarcasm aside, this is why some of us want Nigeria to begin to learn to do things for themselves, shooting for excellence in all things, and shed a culture of dependency for a can-do culture and excellence. I'm well aware of how shambolic many things are but I also know you can't complete a journey you don't start?
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria Super Falcons vs South Africa Live Stream | Africa Olympic Qualifiers

Post by Damunk »

Bell wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:38 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:40 pm Shame…shame ….shame on the nff for the low turnout. This is unacceptable.
I am more concerned about the incredibly shameful coverage. Has always been like this anytime there is a game here and you wonder why almost everything about Nigeria is riddled with incompetence. How hard is it to cover a national team's game in a competent way. Can't high school students do better than this in 2024?

...do you think this should be outsourced so some foreign entitity? Afterall, according to you, if Nigerians aren't doing it, bring in foreigners - it's all about the best, right?

Sarcasm aside, this is why some of us want Nigeria to begin to learn to do things for themselves, shooting for excellence in all things, and shed a culture of dependency for a can-do culture and excellence. I'm well aware of how shambolic many things are but I also know you can't complete a journey you don't start?
Bell
Chief Bell,
Your ideals are undoubtedly shared by most, if not all of us.
The difference is simply how we get there.
You obviously do not subscribe to mediocrity and I believe you champion the benefits of hard work.

So where - at least for me - your argument falls down is how you can ignore the big elephant in the room wrt the SE coach.
We have no pool of stand-out, high achieving coaches, not in the country and not on the continent.

We are a nation of 200m, with at best 3 or 4 Nigerians in total that have a CV ‘kind of’ worth considering for the SE job. That is scandalous. What the hell are our coaches doing? Why are they not pushing themselves like every other Nigerian professional, at least on the continent?
If those CVs were anonymized, they’d be way down on the applicants’ shortlist, or not on it at all.
Yes, we could give Nigerians a ‘discount’ and ask slightly less of them than foreigners, and that is fair enough.
But how low do we go in the name of patriotism?
Is every Nigerian coach therefore worthy by virtue of their green passport?

Let me remind you that any time a Nigerian or any black man for that matter has to compete in a global market, he not only has to be good, he has to be better than his Oyibo counterpart.
You just need to look at Allen Onyema with his Peace Airline for a current example.
When Nigerian doctors go out to practise in Europe and America, we are expected to pass exams that even their local trained doctors struggle with. In my time, our lecturers at LUTH insisted that our training was to be at a higher standard than was required and they told us so. And it showed when we started working abroad.

My point is, why do the advocates of local coaches not insist on performance before pushing them for the SE job?? Why do we want to drop standards and then expect to compete on a global scale? Are we not setting them up to fail ‘spectacularly’? And we know what comes next: total destruction by angry Nigerians. The same ones that pushed them forward initially.

The ‘journeymen’ oyibos regularly denigrated here have far more on their CVs than many of those Nigerians touted as the solution. So this is all sentiment….and it’s not going to get us very far.

The moment we have local coaches that demonstrate that they stand out, wherever possible, then fine.

Right now, the best gamble we have is Finidi and we just have to pray our act of faith is not misplaced.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:24 am
Bell wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:38 pm

Bell
Chief Bell,
Your ideals are undoubtedly shared by most, if not all of us.
The difference is simply how we get there.
You obviously do not subscribe to mediocrity and I believe you champion the benefits of hard work.

So where - at least for me - your argument falls down is how you can ignore the big elephant in the room wrt the SE coach.
We have no pool of stand-out, high achieving coaches, not in the country and not on the continent.

We are a nation of 200m, with at best 3 or 4 Nigerians in total that have a CV ‘kind of’ worth considering for the SE job. That is scandalous. What the hell are our coaches doing? Why are they not pushing themselves like every other Nigerian professional, at least on the continent?
If those CVs were anonymized, they’d be way down on the applicants’ shortlist, or not on it at all.
Yes, we could give Nigerians a ‘discount’ and ask slightly less of them than foreigners, and that is fair enough.
But how low do we go in the name of patriotism?
Is every Nigerian coach therefore worthy by virtue of their green passport?

Let me remind you that any time a Nigerian or any black man for that matter has to compete in a global market, he not only has to be good, he has to be better than his Oyibo counterpart.
You just need to look at Allen Onyema with his Peace Airline for a current example.
When Nigerian doctors go out to practise in Europe and America, we are expected to pass exams that even their local trained doctors struggle with. In my time, our lecturers at LUTH insisted that our training was to be at a higher standard than was required and they told us so. And it showed when we started working abroad.

My point is, why do the advocates of local coaches not insist on performance before pushing them for the SE job?? Why do we want to drop standards and then expect to compete on a global scale? Are we not setting them up to fail ‘spectacularly’? And we know what comes next: total destruction by angry Nigerians. The same ones that pushed them forward initially.

The ‘journeymen’ oyibos regularly denigrated here have far more on their CVs than many of those Nigerians touted as the solution. So this is all sentiment….and it’s not going to get us very far.

The moment we have local coaches that demonstrate that they stand out, wherever possible, then fine.

Right now, the best gamble we have is Finidi and we just have to pray our act of faith is not misplaced.
You forget that there is a prejudice in favour of the journeymen oyibo coaches. That is why only very few sub-Saharan African coaches have found roles outside their own countries even in Africa - Keshi and Amuneke are two examples from Nigeria. That was why there was no queue for the services of Olivera Goncalves who took Angola to the 2006 WC - we know it would have been different if he was white Portuguese.

The above is why we should not just look at the so-called CVs when considering whether to hire a local vs a foreign coach. Any such weighting must take into account the obvious bias towards the journeymen coaches. Cisse of Senegal would not have stood a chance if his country had selected him based on the criteria you have mentioned.

The above notwithstanding, we should not select managers merely because they are local. We should look at each coach's vision for the team, their tactics and key for me, their understanding of African football and Nigeria's place in it. For me the top two with my criteria are not local managers - Mosimane and the Portuguese Gocalves that coached Angola. However, Amuneke would be a strong contender for me as well. I like Finidi but I haven't been convinced yet.

Finally, local and foreign managers must be treated equally when they coach the Super Eagles. That is not the case right now.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:22 am You forget that there is a prejudice in favour of the journeymen oyibo coaches. That is why only very few sub-Saharan African coaches have found roles outside their own countries even in Africa - Keshi and Amuneke are two examples from Nigeria. That was why there was no queue for the services of Olivera Goncalves who took Angola to the 2006 WC - we know it would have been different if he was white Portuguese.

The above is why we should not just look at the so-called CVs when considering whether to hire a local vs a foreign coach. Any such weighting must take into account the obvious bias towards the journeymen coaches. Cisse of Senegal would not have stood a chance if his country had selected him based on the criteria you have mentioned.
I haven’t forgotten.
When I refer to ‘the continent’, I’m actually talking about club sides. There isn’t any significant ‘Oyibo’ prejudice there.
A Nigerian coach that really stands out, is confident and is willing to make a name for himself will look beyond the NPFL if he finds he is unable to thrive in its broken system.
And if he can demonstrate his quality, someone somewhere in Africa will hire him.

Maybe Nigerian coaches and English coaches suffer from the same ‘Stay-at-Home’ syndrome.
Either that, or they’re just not that great.
The above notwithstanding, we should not select managers merely because they are local. We should look at each coach's vision for the team, their tactics and key for me, their understanding of African football and Nigeria's place in it. For me the top two with my criteria are not local managers - Mosimane and the Portuguese Gocalves that coached Angola. However, Amuneke would be a strong contender for me as well. I like Finidi but I haven't been convinced yet.
I’d rather a coach with an understanding of the global game than ‘the African game’.
What exactly is this ‘African game’ which sounds good, but hardly means anything in real terms?

With all our medals, what have we done on the global scale?
What has the ‘African game’ served us, or anybody for that matter?
It’s sentimental and nothing more than a sound bite.

Finally, local and foreign managers must be treated equally when they coach the Super Eagles. That is not the case right now.
The last four coaches, including Keshi and Oliseh were pretty much at par in how they were treated.
That takes us back to at least 2012.
So this is an old trope that keeps getting recycled.

Neither Keshi nor Oliseh had to pay their own assistants. Salaries were about $30k/month, give and take.
They all had salary arrears to contend with.
They all had NFF interference to contend with.

Not sure why this still keeps getting rolled out when the complainants are in the same breath arguing that a local coach will be “cheaper”. In short, don’t pay them like we pay the foreigners.
So what exactly are they saying?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:53 am
aruako1 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:22 am You forget that there is a prejudice in favour of the journeymen oyibo coaches. That is why only very few sub-Saharan African coaches have found roles outside their own countries even in Africa - Keshi and Amuneke are two examples from Nigeria. That was why there was no queue for the services of Olivera Goncalves who took Angola to the 2006 WC - we know it would have been different if he was white Portuguese.

I haven’t forgotten.
When I refer to ‘the continent’, I’m actually talking about club sides. There isn’t any significant ‘Oyibo’ prejudice there.
A Nigerian coach that really stands out, is confident and is willing to make a name for himself will look beyond the NPFL if he finds he is unable to thrive in its broken system.
And if he can demonstrate his quality, someone somewhere in Africa will hire him.

Maybe Nigerian coaches and English coaches suffer from the same ‘Stay-at-Home’ syndrome.

I’d rather a coach with an understanding of the global game than ‘the African game’.
What exactly is this ‘African game’ which sounds good, but hardly means anything in real terms?

The last four coaches, including Keshi and Oliseh were pretty much at par in how they were treated.

Neither Keshi nor Oliseh had to pay their own assistants. Salaries were about $30k/month, give and take.

Not sure why this still keeps getting rolled out when the complainants are in the same breath arguing that a local coach will be “cheaper”. In short, don’t pay them like we pay the foreigners.
Damunk,

I know that you have made the claim that NFF pays Nigerian managers similar wages as they have their foreign counterparts. I glossed over it in previous postings you made but have decided to correct that claim. Keshi won the AFCON but was paid less than his foreign counterparts. The story is all over the web if you wish to research. However, I have posted below just one by Oliseh ONLY because it directly refers to your claim that both were paid like their foreign counterparts. There are stories claiming Keshi was going to be given a hefty salary but it never happened according to Keshi. Also note that at the renewal stage he (Keshi) was even offered less!!!!

Damunk, when people talk about colo-mentality of our decision makers, this is precisely what they refer to. IT IS REAL. Never forget it! The guy who was paid less because he is local ended up winning the AFCON and taking Nigeria to the last 16 of the WC. The foreign guy paid so much did far less.

You know, it is disheartening. When I read some of the debates it lets me think of what may have been going on in the 1940s when some wanted Nigeria to remain tied to British colonialism. They argued, if you recall, that there were know locals to handle the complexity of government and its challenges. That same debate, sadly continues in some spheres including football.

I look at football and note that it is not rocket science as the saying goes. It is not beyond the Nigerian brain to comprehend. The Nigerian brain has conquered far more complicated and complex subject. Football pales in comparison BY FAR, eons FAR!!

If football is INDEED that important to Nigeria and Nigerians, why not go all out and really hire difference makers among managers rather than simply hiring the regular European simply because he is European. The difference maker is one who will actually move the needle in football. Unfortunately, given the distribution of talents among humans, such guys are likely less than 14% of all coaches in the world. Are we really hiring those types of managers? That is the question. You know the answer. WE ARE NOT. We are simply hiring based on SYMBOLISM -- he is European and therefore our colonial mentality tells us he is better. Ridiculous in the 21st century but that is the mindset of our NFF.
Sunday Oliseh: NFF Pays Gernot Rohr Four Times The Salary Paid To Stephen Keshi And I
Imhons Erons by Imhons Erons 4 years ago in AFCON, News, Nigeria 0
https://soccernet.ng/2020/04/sunday-oli ... and-i.html

The German tactician has been in charge of the Super Eagles since 2016, but the Nigerian legend believes the former Gabon coach has been working under better conditions than any local coach ever enjoyed.

Sunday Oliseh has taken a swipe at the Nigeria Football Federation for paying Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr four times the salary the football body paid to him or the late Stephen Keshi while occupying the post.

The former Juventus midfielder is also displeased that while the NFF usually held on to the stipends of Nigerian coaches, Rohr’s wages have often been paid as at when due.

Former international Keshi skippered Nigeria to glory at the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations in Tunisia, and 19 years later, he guided the Super Eagles to their third continental crown. In so doing, the late gaffer became the first-ever Nigerian to lift the AFCON as a player and a coach.

But he complained incessantly of unpaid wages and bonuses during his four-year spell in charge of the team.

Oliseh, another member of that Tunisia ’94 winning squad, only lasted four months as Super Eagles coach, quitting unceremoniously due to unresolved issues with the Nigeria Football Federation, including unpaid salaries.

The ex-Ajax ace feels it’s unfair treating a coach who has won nothing with the team better than individuals who helped the country to triumphs.

“Truth is, we have a foreign coach now and from what I heard and know, he is being paid four times the wages Stephen Keshi and I were paid, and these are two players (himself and Keshi) who won trophies for Nigeria,” Oliseh told The Punch.

“I’ve never heard Gernot Rohr complain about wages.

“Keshi, while he was coaching, was always complaining, when I was coaching for four months, I was unpaid. For six months, my assistants were unpaid, so I had to leave the job; we were also being frustrated.”
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:11 pm

I haven’t forgotten.

Damunk,

I know that you have made the claim that NFF pays Nigerian managers similar wages as they have their foreign counterparts. I glossed over it in previous postings you made but have decided to correct that claim. Keshi won the AFCON but was paid less than his foreign counterparts. The story is all over the web if you wish to research. However, I have posted below just one by Oliseh ONLY because it directly refers to your claim that both were paid like their foreign counterparts. There are stories claiming Keshi was going to be given a hefty salary but it never happened according to Keshi. Also note that at the renewal stage he (Keshi) was even offered less!!!!

Damunk, when people talk about colo-mentality of our decision makers, this is precisely what they refer to. IT IS REAL. Never forget it! The guy who was paid less because he is local ended up winning the AFCON and taking Nigeria to the last 16 of the WC. The foreign guy paid so much did far less.

You know, it is disheartening. When I read some of the debates it lets me think of what may have been going on in the 1940s when some wanted Nigeria to remain tied to British colonialism. They argued, if you recall, that there were know locals to handle the complexity of government and its challenges. That same debate, sadly continues in some spheres including football.
Sunday Oliseh: NFF Pays Gernot Rohr Four Times The Salary Paid To Stephen Keshi And I

The German tactician has been in charge of the Super Eagles since 2016, but the Nigerian legend believes the former Gabon coach has been working under better conditions than any local coach ever enjoyed.

Sunday Oliseh has taken a swipe at the Nigeria Football Federation for paying Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr four times the salary the football body paid to him or the late Stephen Keshi while occupying the post.

The former Juventus midfielder is also displeased that while the NFF usually held on to the stipends of Nigerian coaches, Rohr’s wages have often been paid as at when due.

Former international Keshi skippered Nigeria to glory at the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations in Tunisia, and 19 years later, he guided the Super Eagles to their third continental crown. In so doing, the late gaffer became the first-ever Nigerian to lift the AFCON as a player and a coach.

But he complained incessantly of unpaid wages and bonuses during his four-year spell in charge of the team.

Oliseh, another member of that Tunisia ’94 winning squad, only lasted four months as Super Eagles coach, quitting unceremoniously due to unresolved issues with the Nigeria Football Federation, including unpaid salaries.

The ex-Ajax ace feels it’s unfair treating a coach who has won nothing with the team better than individuals who helped the country to triumphs.

“Truth is, we have a foreign coach now and from what I heard and know, he is being paid four times the wages Stephen Keshi and I were paid, and these are two players (himself and Keshi) who won trophies for Nigeria,” Oliseh told The Punch.

“Keshi, while he was coaching, was always complaining, when I was coaching for four months, I was unpaid. For six months, my assistants were unpaid, so I had to leave the job; we were also being frustrated.”
Prof, I don’t think you read the article as closely as you swallowed the headline :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Two Oliseh quotes from the article:

1. “The former Juventus midfielder is also displeased that while the NFF usually held on to the stipends of Nigerian coaches, Rohr’s wages have often been paid as at when due

Is this true?
He even went on to say he had “ never heard Rohr complain about salary”. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

2. “…we have a foreign coach now and from what I heard and know, he is being paid four times the wages Stephen Keshi and I were paid”

From what he heard!? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
So Rohr was being paid $120k/month, which is “four times” what Keshi was being paid (about $30k/month, which he tried to double after his AFCON victory.)
Even you know that is NOT true! :rotf:

Oliseh was SPREADING RUMOURS and the claim was debunked even on these pages!

How can you quote this article as ‘evidence’?
I’m all for credible, checkable facts but this is absurd.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:27 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:11 pm

I haven’t forgotten.

Damunk,

Prof, I don’t think you read the article as closely as you swallowed the headline :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Two Oliseh quotes from the article:

1. “The former Juventus midfielder is also displeased that while the NFF usually held on to the stipends of Nigerian coaches, Rohr’s wages have often been paid as at when due

Is this true?
He even went on to say he had “ never heard Rohr complain about salary”. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

2. “…we have a foreign coach now and from what I heard and know, he is being paid four times the wages Stephen Keshi and I were paid”

From what he heard!? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
So Rohr was being paid $120k/month, which is “four times” what Keshi was being paid (about $30k/month, which he tried to double after his AFCON victory.)
Even you know that is NOT true! :rotf:

Oliseh was SPREADING RUMOURS and the claim was debunked even on these pages!

How can you quote this article as ‘evidence’?
I’m all for credible, checkable facts but this is absurd.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Damunk

I read it but that was not your focus. You noted that Nigerian managers are paid similarly as their foreign counterparts, citing specifically Oliseh and Keshi. Is that not your claim or has this article changed that view? That is the focus and not whether they received the pay in a timely manner.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Prof, you sabi twist sha.

First, I’m telling you that Oliseh’s claims are NOT credible. And I showed you why. Na you bring Oliseh’s false claims come.

Second, I am backing up the fact that Keshi was paid about $30k/month (N5m in 2013) as salary. Oliseh was paid slightly less -about $28k/month from memory.
Rohr came later as we know with a higher salary from which he was to pay his own assistants.
You always conveniently leave that out.

Then along came Peseiro 8-10 years later on a higher salary but again expected to pay for his own assistants.
These assistants…. what do you reckon their salaries would be?
Give a rough guess. No one will hold you to it because nobody knows for sure.
But we do know it’s not free. We can agree on that, right?

And we can agree that the claim they were paid FOUR TIMES Keshi was paid is a complete fabrication, right?
Do you agree?

Now, are you being pedantic on that one aspect of their contracts (salary) and conveniently ignoring all the other aspects I mentioned?
Isn’t this whole thing about foreign coaches being treated ‘well’ and our coaches ‘poorly’?

Treatment isn’t about salary alone you know and the discrepancies weren’t that great like you choose to argue.
I’m dying to hear you say the assistants were doing charity work for Nigeria…
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:02 pm Prof, you sabi twist sha.
First I’m telling you tha Oliseh’s claims are NOT credible.
Second I am backing up the fact that Keshi was paid about $30k/month (in 2013) as salary. Oliseh was paid slightly less -about $28k/month from memory.
Rohr came later as we know with a higher salary from which he was to pay his own assistants.

Then along came Peseiro 8-10 years later on a higher salary but again expected to pay for his own assistants.

And we can agree that the claim they were paid FOUR TIMES Keshi was paid is a complete fabrication, right?
Do you agree?

Now, are you being pedantic on that one aspect of their contracts (salary)and conveniently ignoring all the other aspects I mentioned?
Isn’t this whole thing about foreign coaches being treated ‘well’ and our coaches ‘poorly’?

Treatment isn’t about salary alone you know and the discrepancies weren’t that great like you choose to argue.
Damunk,

There are several of such posts and I will put them here. However, I am out to go play soccer with my age mates. LOL. But will post much later and it will be important for us to stay focused on the wage aspect.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:07 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:02 pm Prof, you sabi twist sha.
First I’m telling you tha Oliseh’s claims are NOT credible.
Second I am backing up the fact that Keshi was paid about $30k/month (in 2013) as salary. Oliseh was paid slightly less -about $28k/month from memory.

Do you agree?

Now, are you being pedantic on that one aspect of their contracts (salary)and conveniently ignoring all the other aspects I mentioned?

Damunk,

There are several of such posts and I will put them here. However, I am out to go play soccer with my age mates. LOL. But will post much later and it will be important for us to stay focused on the wage aspect.
So you agree that the other aspects of ‘maltreatment’ applied to all, right?
You want to focus solely on wages. That’s progress.

Okay, I dey wait. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

We need to find another Right back. For me Alozie no be am, I wonder if the younger Payne can start getting a look in as a RB
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

That Number 19 for us nah serious handful, they kept on hacking her no be small
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The SA goalie was the woman of the match for me
SuperEagles