Spanish embassy denies Future Eagles visa for U16 championship

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

https://www.thecable.ng/spanish-embassy ... nship/amp/

Nigeria’s Future Eagles have pulled out of the forthcoming UEFA U-16 development tournament after the Spanish embassy denied them visa to travel for the competition.

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) announced the team’s withdrawal from the competition in a tweet on Monday.

“Players and officials of the Nigeria U15 team, Future Eagles, have been denied visas by the Spanish Embassy and will therefore not be travelling to participate in the UEFA U-16 Development Tournament starting on Friday,” the tweet reads.

The UEFA U-16 development tournament is an annual competition featuring four national teams. The tournament is focused on the development of young talents.

Although the competition is organised by UEFA, non-European nations are also invited to participate.

The 2024 edition is billed to be held at the Pinatar Arena Football Centre in San Pedro del Pinatar, Murcia, Spain.

According to NFF, the Future Eagles were given a “special invitation” to the tournament “as a result of Nigeria’s pedigree in youth football”.

The team was expected to leave for Spain ahead of the competition on Tuesday. They were scheduled to play Belgium in their first game on Friday before facing Italy and England in the other two matches.

Last month, the Future Eagles, coached by Patrick Bassey, travelled to Morocco in preparation for the tournament before returning to Nigeria to continue training for another week at the Remo Stars’ Sports Institute in Ikenne.

Earlier this year, the Super Eagles’ planned friendly match against Argentina in the US was also cancelled due to visa problems.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spanish embassy denies Future Eagles visa for U16 championship

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ko ni da fun Spanish Embassy. :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...how come they don't give the reason for canceled visa?
Embassy don't deny you entry just like that, there must be a reason.
The shady characters of our people must have loomed large.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

So this all comes to nought… :oops:

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Gotti wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:07 am So this all comes to nought… :oops:

Nigeria is a strange country. Under the turbulent atmosphere rests normalcy. Good to see that these kids are being groomed properly. These are the things we don’t see when we yab the nff.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:05 am

Nigeria is a strange country. Under the turbulent atmosphere rests normalcy. Good to see that these kids are being groomed properly. These are the things we don’t see when we yab the nff.
’Don’t see, Won’t see.’
The primary goal is to yab the NFF, so things like this are better deleted from the memory banks or never saved in the first place.
“NFF has no youth program”.
“Pinnick scrapped the youth program”.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

And the camp in Morocco. Shame.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Apparently, one of the passports submitted was that of a player over 16, and that cast doubts in the mind of the Spanish Embassy. I believe the foreign ministry should intervene and sort it out with the Spanish Embassy
I am happy
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Dammy wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:37 am Apparently, one of the passports submitted was that of a player over 16, and that cast doubts in the mind of the Spanish Embassy. I believe the foreign ministry should intervene and sort it out with the Spanish Embassy
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

The boys will be departing for Spain today according to sources: https://guardian.ng/sport/future-eagles ... 6-tourney/
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:37 am Apparently, one of the passports submitted was that of a player over 16, and that cast doubts in the mind of the Spanish Embassy. I believe the foreign ministry should intervene and sort it out with the Spanish Embassy
I suspected we messed up again. Not surprised if this is true.

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

mcal wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:25 pm ...how come they don't give the reason for canceled visa?
Most denied visas are not due to "shady characters". And yes, sometimes they give no reason or give vague or frivolous reasons.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

another fake news thread from lolly
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Nigerian athletes and their supporters often complain about being denied visas by other countries, even when they say they have fulfilled all the visa requirements.

In February, Nigeria's national football team pulled out of a planned friendly match against Argentina, which was to be held in the US, after the Nigerian players failed to secure visas on time.
SuperEagles

Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Damunk wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:12 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:05 am

’Don’t see, Won’t see.’
The primary goal is to yab the NFF, so things like this are better deleted from the memory banks or never saved in the first place.
“NFF has no youth program”.
“Pinnick scrapped the youth program”.
TALKING OF DEVELOPMENT...BRING BACK THE ACADEMICALS

Revamp this HS extravaganza and restructure it under the current political arrangement in the country. Then expand it to cover the W. African region if they are interested. It was a veritable way to motivate and discover talent while also populating the social calendar. BTW, it doesn't have to be an NFF affair - cotporations can sponsor them.
Bell
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

They should have just denied the player in question. They knew what they were doing. Thank God it appears to be sorted now.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:06 am
They should have just denied the player in question. They knew what they were doing. Thank God it appears to be sorted now.
Is this confirmed?
I pray so.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Agreed, our people are too quick to blame it on ourselves, whereas we absolve the spanish embassy of incompetence at the very least and sonething sinister at worst. The story doesnt add up.
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

mcal wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:25 pm ...how come they don't give the reason for canceled visa?
what a daft post, spoken like a shady character person, you and your types ruined it for others with you false and fake documents all because you want to go to the west .smh
SuperEagles

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

akamoke wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:57 pm
Agreed, our people are too quick to blame it on ourselves, whereas we absolve the spanish embassy of incompetence at the very least and sonething sinister at worst. The story doesnt add up.
They are quite incompetent even in London. Before I got my UK passport I was a big Schengen client. My worst experience was with Spain...I even wrote them to keep their visa and return my passport. They still sent the passport and visa late. Finland was very efficient
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

aruako1 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:28 pm
They are quite incompetent even in London. Before I got my UK passport I was a big Schengen client. My worst experience was with Spain...I even wrote them to keep their visa and return my passport. They still sent the passport and visa late. Finland was very efficient
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: oh my this is so funny
SuperEagles

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:41 pm
aruako1 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:28 pm
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: oh my this is so funny
No be small thing :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: . We were supposed to go to Madrid but we had to change our tickets. That was when I decided to get British citizenship
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

So did the players get the visas or not?
That’s all I’m interested in.