Okoye vs Inter

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

azuka
Egg
Egg
Okoye vs Inter

Post by azuka »

Currently watching Okoye keeping for Udinese against Inter in Seria A. He has basically kept Inter at bay so far. Jokes apart he has greatly improved and finally fulfilling the potential seen in him many years ago.

From the matches I have seen him play this season, he deserves a look in by the next SE coach.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Okoye vs Inter

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

SE no 1 goalie. Facts! :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Haaaaa…Okoye gives away a pk.
1-1
OCCUPY NFF!!
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:39 pm Haaaaa…Okoye gives away a pk.
1-1
Yes he miscalculated. But he made so many great saves. Even the commentator agreed he makes the right decision. I think he's more to compete for SE #1 jersey with Nwabali than the Freiburg goalie.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

azuka wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:11 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:39 pm Haaaaa…Okoye gives away a pk.
1-1
Yes he miscalculated. But he made so many great saves. Even the commentator agreed he makes the right decision. I think he's more to compete for SE #1 jersey with Nwabali than the Freiburg goalie.
Nwabali is the sentimental No 1 but everybody knows Oloye should be No 1.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

2-1. Fantastic save by okoye, ball bounces off the post but his defenders were too busy watching the solar eclipse to prevent the goal.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The report cards of the Udinese - Samardzic catches the wildcard, Okoye takes almost everything
08.04.2024 22:49 by Matteo Trevisi
Photo
© photo by www.imagephotoagency.it
Bottom line: Udinese-Inter 1-2

Okoye 7 - In the first half. It is decisive on three occasions, on the two conclusions from outside of Calhanoglu and on the corner of Lautaro. From a blue pencil the exit with which he gives the rigor. Even on Lautaro's shot he is sensational but he can't do anything about Frattesi's rejection
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Dammy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:24 pm The report cards of the Udinese - Samardzic catches the wildcard, Okoye takes almost everything
Photo

Okoye 7 - In the first half. It is decisive on three occasions, on the two conclusions from outside of Calhanoglu and on the corner of Lautaro. From a blue pencil the exit with which he gives the rigor. Even on Lautaro's shot he is sensational but he can't do anything about Frattesi's rejection
He’s now one of the best goalies in Serie A. Only Vince can compare. Nice to have Okoye and Nwabali, just last year we were praying for a goalie. God answered and gave us Okoye and Nwabali ready made No 1s and Okonkwo as near future starter. We’re blessed.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:16 pm
1-1
Foul. Error. Iro.

Nwabali is a better goalkeeper and should remain our number 1.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Lolly wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:08 am
1-1
Foul. Error. Iro.

You know you’re just being sentimental. Okoye has elevated his game to world class level that we see every week. It doesn’t mean that Nwabali isn’t a very good goalie but by all unbiased criteria of a top goalie, Okoye is No 1.
OCCUPY NFF!!
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:49 am
Dammy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:24 pm The report cards of the Udinese - Samardzic catches the wildcard, Okoye takes almost everything
Photo

He’s now one of the best goalies in Serie A. Only Vince can compare. Nice to have Okoye and Nwabali, just last year we were praying for a goalie. God answered and gave us Okoye and Nwabali ready made No 1s and Okonkwo as near future starter. We’re blessed.
Okonkwo and Noah Atubolu of Freiburg in Germany should battle for the 3rd spot.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

[media] [/media]
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

My first choice goalie for the SE, is Nwabali
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:32 am My first choice goalie for the SE, is Nwabali
Most coaches would disagree with you.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1-1
Foul. Error. Iro.

On what basis can anyone say that?
Be honest, in how many games have you watched Nwabali? 10? 15?
Kongi is right.
Nwabali is the sentimental no 1 and may I add, the politically correct no 1.
He is good, no doubt. But he hasn’t been allowed to make his mistakes which will inevitably come. I just hope they don’t give him the Okoye treatment.

Anyone that isn’t mightily impressed by Okoye’s performance at Udinense doesn’t want to be impressed.
The argument on how he performs for the SE sounds good but isn’t really as strong as it sounds.
He’s a keeper, not an outfield player.
He just has to save goals and distribute to his teammates. Finish.

If he performs at club level, he’ll perform at national level.
Anything else is psychological.
Not ability and not inter-player cohesion.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:59 am

Anyone that isn’t mightily impressed by Okoye’s performance at Udinense doesn’t want to be impressed.
i see you finally cracked the code of the Nigerian. :lol: :lol:

For them, its NEVER about merit.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Unfortunately, you are only as good as your last game in the national colours..... Also, as good as your last decision regarding the national team.

Nwabali is the No.1 GK at the moment. Until, proven otherwise.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:37 am
1-1
Foul. Error. Iro.

You know you’re just being sentimental. Okoye has elevated his game to world class level that we see every week. It doesn’t mean that Nwabali isn’t a very good goalie but by all unbiased criteria of a top goalie, Okoye is No 1.
Don’t get carried away. I watch Okoye too and he is still the same jittery keeper that he was when in goal for the SE. Nwabali looks much more assured in goal than him and is equally a good shot stopper.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:22 am
Damunk wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:59 am

i see you finally cracked the code of the Nigerian. :lol: :lol:

For them, its NEVER about merit.
I cracked the code years ago.
I just get tired of arguing.
Okoye’s costly blunders simply gave his detractors the perfect excuse.

He is Rohr’s boy, a Pinnick ‘foreign’ pikin, a pretty ‘white’ boy that was fast-tracked from ‘the 4th division’.
All these count against him and he is therefore undeserving.

He can be the best ‘keeper in the world, but there's a group of Nigerian fans that can’t and won’t let all that go.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Come on guys , one goalie took us to the Afcon final, the other took us to the rd of 16. One took his chances right away, the other had so many chances, one is ready for the SE today, the other wants no business with the SE right now, and said he is focused on club football

Una dey here dey force what again
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:57 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:37 am
1-1
Foul. Error. Iro.

Don’t get carried away. I watch Okoye too and he is still the same jittery keeper that he was when in goal for the SE. Nwabali looks much more assured in goal than him and is equally a good shot stopper.
‘Jittery’ like how?
That was not a word used to describe him at any time.
Jittery was more applied to Akpeyi (said to always look nervous and hence to not instil confidence in his defence) and Ezenwa (said to rush out too often, too quickly). All subjective opinions.

The fact that you let in easy goals doesn't necessarily translate to jitteriness.
Okoye is actually quite calm….maybe he just loses focus - or used to.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:45 am Come on guys , one goalie took us to the Afcon final, the other took us to the rd of 16. One took his chances right away, the other had so many chances, one is ready for the SE today, the other wants no business with the SE right now, and said he is focused on club football

But Akpeyi took us to the AFCON Bronze (only one position behind Nwabili’s silver), but they totally vilified the guy for the semi-final loss to a last second, world class goal by Algeria’s Mahrez.
So there’s really very little objectivity in these things.
It’s too sentimental.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:54 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:45 am Come on guys , one goalie took us to the Afcon final, the other took us to the rd of 16. One took his chances right away, the other had so many chances, one is ready for the SE today, the other wants no business with the SE right now, and said he is focused on club football

But Akpeyi took us to the AFCON Bronze (only one position behind Nwabili’s silver), but they totally vilified the guy for the semi-final loss to a last second, world class goal by Algeria’s Mahrez.
So there’s really very little objectivity in these things.
It’s too sentimental.
Why did Okoye reject the SE before the Afcon and state he is focused on club football
SuperEagles