Okoye vs Inter

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Okoye vs Inter

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:24 am
fabio wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:12 am
Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:31 am All of you are running with a false premise.
The debate here is the sweeping statement that “Nwabali is better than Okoye”.
No one can say that. It’s ridiculous, as is the reverse, “Okoye is better than Nwabali”. :roll:

Only Kongi has carried it further by suggesting Okoye should just walk into the no1 spot without a proper assessment. That’s his personal opinion.
But it is a fact that he is playing in a superior league and excelling there. Seems some of you are very happy to dismiss that for personal reasons and you all need to ask yourselves why.

Una too like to find one gotya misspeak by one person and then run with it as if it carries the weight of contrary opinion. That is not what I am saying, or the others praising Okoye.

Personally, I believe that in a fair fight Okoye will reclaim his number 1 spot eventually and anyone that has a problem with that should go file a petition to FIFA.

Right now, Nwabali has earned his position. We are suddenly blessed with at least two top class keepers but I am aware Nwabali has only played eight games and has benefitted from a superb defence.
That is a good thing and is not in doubt.
Superb defence, underplaying Nwabali exploits.

Okoye, also benefitted from superb defence, didn't he and what was the result?
Selective reading.
Try again.
Selective understanding.
Bring out your stats.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:38 am
Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:31 am All of you are running with a false premise.
No one can say that. It’s ridiculous, as is the reverse, “Okoye is better than Nwabali”. :roll:

Only Kongi has carried it further by suggesting Okoye should just walk into the no1 spot without a proper assessment. That’s his personal opinion.
But it is a fact that he is playing in a superior league and excelling there. Seems some of you are very happy to dismiss that for personal reasons and you all need to ask yourselves why.

Una too like to find one gotya misspeak by one person and then run with it as if it carries the weight of contrary opinion. That is not what I am saying, or the others praising Okoye.

Personally, I believe that in a fair fight Okoye will reclaim his number 1 spot eventually and anyone that has a problem with that should go file a petition to FIFA.

Right now, Nwabali has earned his position. We are suddenly blessed with at least two top class keepers but I am aware Nwabali has only played eight games and has benefitted from a superb defence.

Selective reading.
Try again.
Selective understanding.
Bring out your stats.
Selective logic application.
I thought you argued a couple of years ago that stats don’t count?
Remember when I published Rohr’s stats which didn’t further your bias?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Now you want “stats”

Go do your own. :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:46 am
fabio wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:38 am

Selective reading.
Try again.
Selective understanding.
Bring out your stats.
Selective logic application.
I thought you argued a couple of years ago that stats don’t count?
Remember when I published Rohr’s stats which didn’t further your bias?
Now you want “stats”

Go do your own. :taunt:
Na you bring superb defence. :taunt: :taunt:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

In my view, we should be excited that Okoye is doing well at his club. Hopefully, it all translates to the national team without any fragility standing tin the way. If he is able to perform at the same level, Nigeria will have at least two credible goalkeepers going forward. It is something that we have not had after the era of Enyeama. Ofcourtse, right now Okoye is decidedly the considered the reserve goalkeeper for Nigeria given the solidity that we now have in that department. However, that solidity is only based on what you have done your last time out. Overall, I am glad that he is coming around.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:31 pm In my view, we should be excited that Okoye is doing well at his club. Hopefully, it all translates to the national team without any fragility standing tin the way. If he is able to perform at the same level, Nigeria will have at least two credible goalkeepers going forward. It is something that we have not had after the era of Enyeama. Ofcourtse, right now Okoye is decidedly the considered the reserve goalkeeper for Nigeria given the solidity that we now have in that department. However, that solidity is only based on what you have done your last time out. Overall, I am glad that he is coming around.
Exactly. Thank you Prof.
This is what Kongi should have said, but also what the Nigerian Freedom Fighters on CE should have said instead of blabbing ‘Nwabali is better than Okoye’.

Let them keep each other on their toes. That’s all we ask.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:41 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:31 pm In my view, we should be excited that Okoye is doing well at his club. Hopefully, it all translates to the national team without any fragility standing tin the way. If he is able to perform at the same level, Nigeria will have at least two credible goalkeepers going forward. It is something that we have not had after the era of Enyeama. Ofcourtse, right now Okoye is decidedly the considered the reserve goalkeeper for Nigeria given the solidity that we now have in that department. However, that solidity is only based on what you have done your last time out. Overall, I am glad that he is coming around.
Exactly. Thank you Prof.
This is what Kongi should have said, but also what the Nigerian Freedom Fighters on CE should have said instead of blabbing ‘Nwabali is better than Okoye’.

How is this different from what I and a few others said? Kongi is saying Okoye is playing in a better league so should automatically be the number one if we want to challenge against the best of the best, and the rest of us are saying what prof said which is Nwabali is currently number 1 based on his recent form for SE, but Okoye should be brought in to push him and be given the chance to pip him to the number 1 position in the same way Nwabali was allowed to pip it from the fumbling Uzoho based on their play for SE and not about club this and that…as some might say Cyprus is a better league than SA…but who cares Nwabali has shown to be much better for SE…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:05 pm
Exactly. Thank you Prof.

How is this different from what I and a few others said? Kongi is saying Okoye is playing in a better league so should automatically be the number one if we want to challenge against the best of the best, and the rest of us are saying what prof said which is Nwabali is currently number 1 based on his recent form for SE, but Okoye should be brought in to push him and be given the chance to pip him to the number 1 position in the same way Nwabali was allowed to pip it from the fumbling Uzoho based on their play for SE and not about club this and that…as some might say Cyprus is a better league than SA…but who cares Nwabali has shown to be much better for SE…
He has said so many times and he is not alone. That's why they try to belittle Nwabali's achievement. They wanted someone who rejected an invitation to come and replace someone that bailed the team out at the ANC tournament. The reason is not because of Nwabali's perclrmance but solely because of the club he plays for.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Nwabali is better than Okoye. I'm not sure why it is controversial.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Exactly. Thank you Prof.

What is "Freedom fighting" in anyone stating that Nwabali is better than Okoye on a Super Eagles site? Is it not the same people that prefer Ekong to Tanimu? I am excited for Okoye and I know he will have an excellent SE career but for now, Nwabali is better.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

aruako1 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:41 am
Exactly. Thank you Prof.

What is "Freedom fighting" in anyone stating that Nwabali is better than Okoye on a Super Eagles site? Is it not the same people that prefer Ekong to Tanimu? I am excited for Okoye and I know he will have an excellent SE career but for now, Nwabali is better.
How do you know who’s better when you don’t have standards? While everyone’s opinion must be respected, there has to be a better way to determine which players deserve to be invited and which players are the best Nigerians in their positions. While you were watching Nwabali perform wonderfully vs CIV , GB, Angola and SA, Okoye was also performing wonderfully vs Juve, Roma, and Lazio. Does the fact that you were watching Nwabali not Okoye make Nwabali a better goalie? I do not deny Nwabali’s qualities, he’s a top goalie, no doubt that he’s just as good as Okoye. However, it’s also true that Okoye has been vetted at a much higher level than Nwabali. If you hire a top goalkeeping coach for a team whose ambition is to reach the top level, he’ll pick Okoye over Nwabali. All is else are sentiments, though it’s part of the game it’s not a viable strategy. After all, we all know Troost performed wonderfully for SE at Afcon but we also know that he’s not better Van Dijk.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Exactly. Thank you Prof.

How do you know who’s better when you don’t have standards? While everyone’s opinion must be respected, there has to be a better way to determine which players deserve to be invited and which players are the best Nigerians in their positions. While you were watching Nwabali perform wonderfully vs CIV , GB, Angola and SA, Okoye was also performing wonderfully vs Juve, Roma, and Lazio. Does the fact that you were watching Nwabali not Okoye make Nwabali a better goalie? I do not deny Nwabali’s qualities, he’s a top goalie, no doubt that he’s just as good as Okoye. However, it’s also true that Okoye has been vetted at a much higher level than Nwabali. If you hire a top goalkeeping coach for a team whose ambition is to reach the top level, he’ll pick Okoye over Nwabali. All is else are sentiments, though it’s part of the game it’s not a viable strategy. After all, we all know Troost performed wonderfully for SE at Afcon but we also know that he’s not better Van Dijk.
So how do you know Van Dijk is better than Troost?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Lolly wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:25 am
Exactly. Thank you Prof.

Same way I know the sun is shining.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:51 pm
Exactly. Thank you Prof.

Same way people know that Nwabali is better than Okoye. End of story.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:16 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:51 pm
Exactly. Thank you Prof.

Same way people know that Nwabali is better than Okoye. End of story.
:rotf: :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Exactly. Thank you Prof.

My "standard" is AFCON performance. You can use your Troost v Van Dijk analogy if the latter was eligible to participate in the AFCON and did not do better. Nwabali is better than Okoye. Okoye will be a great goalkeeper for Nigeria but Nwabali is better.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Exactly. Thank you Prof.

As per the highlighted, that’s just your thoughts being controlled by your preference for oyibo and foreign coaches. Talking about sentiment, you have no scientific way of determining that Van Dyjk is better than Troost. You are only assuming that he must be better than Troost because he happens to play for Liverpool🤔❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Emir, you are not fully analyzing Okoyes play, yes he’s been making good reflex saves, however he almost always makes a critical mistake almost every match. Even the game highlighted here he caused a PK for no good reason other than his poor decision making. Now Nwabali can make the same saves, but he is also more mature and makes better decisions in and around the box and as the last line of defense he is alert and comes out to help when necessary. He is also more communicative with his defenders and overall more assured and confident in what he’s doing. Those intangibles make him better for a NT until Okoye matures and cuts out those mistakes.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!