South Africa vs Nigeria Super Falcons Live Stream | Africa Olympic Qualifiers

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Adisboy
Egg
Egg
Re: South Africa vs Nigeria Super Falcons Live Stream | Africa Olympic Qualifiers

Post by Adisboy »

oscar52 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:23 pm Not impressed. They don't seem like they will do much at the Olympics. I prefer the days of naija coaches. Back then we won WAFCON regularly and spring a few surprises with the big ones except USA and Germany. But how can a team struggling with SA win WAFCON not to mention the international tournanents. We might have another Rohr 2.0 on our hands with this Waldrum guy.
From the highlighted post, apart from winning the WAFCON regularly, the rest of what you wrote is complete BS. Only 1 local coach (Mabo) has ever go us out of the group at the World Cup since 1991. In the last Olympics we attended with your local coach we lost all 3 group games. Between 2003 & 2015, we were bottom of our WC groups (except in 2011, 3rd in group) and winless in all 3 games. Waldrum is better than whatever we have locally currently, if you disagree go and see the recent track records of our best NWFL coaches in the last 3 CAF Champions Leagues. Competition is much stiffer now and we don't seem to developing our coaches.
greg
Egg
Egg
Re: South Africa vs Nigeria Super Falcons Live Stream | Africa Olympic Qualifiers

Post by greg »

Give him what he is asking and I'm almost confident we'll be in the medal rounds.

Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

greg wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:58 pm Nigeria Group Stage matches at the Olympics

Thursday, 25 July 2024
Group C: Nigeria v Brazil | 19:00 | Stade de Bordeaux (Match 6)

Sunday, 28 July 2024
Group C: Spain v Nigeria | 19:00 | Stade de la Beaujoire, Nantes (Match 11)

Wednesday, 31 July 2024
Group C: Japan v Nigeria | 17:00 | Stade de la Beaujoire, Nantes (Match 18)
If this is true; I don't see Nigeria getting out this group alive!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I am not afraid of any team. If the coach can fix the scoring problem, we can beat any team. But my fear is Randy is going to go play defensive football like he did at the World cup. We need to keep the solid defense but we should also score. Tony Payne is not playing well. She is probably going to keep your starting spot. The coach has his favorites. There are also a few other players that are not playing well, but the coach will keep them in the lineup. The coach needs to work on passing the ball. pressing and counter attack football. Need more creativity in the midfield.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

I BACK WALDRUM - PROVED HIMSELF & TEAM IN AUSTRALIA

Why are people questioning him and the team after what happened in Australia? Let's see if the NFF will live down their reputation or step out of character.
Bell
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Bell wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:35 am I BACK WALDRUM - PROVED HIMSELF & TEAM IN AUSTRALIA

Why are people questioning him and the team after what happened in Australia? Let's see if the NFF will live down their reputation or step out of character.
Bell
What exactly did he achieve, that has not be achieved before?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

fabio wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:24 am
Bell wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:35 am I BACK WALDRUM - PROVED HIMSELF & TEAM IN AUSTRALIA

Bell
What exactly did he achieve, that has not be achieved before?

UNDER WALDRUM...

...the Falcons are playing their best football. Ever. They did better than not embarass Nigeria in Australia. Expectations are now higher and I'm sure they have greater respect worldwide.
Bell
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Adisboy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:30 am
oscar52 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:23 pm Not impressed. They don't seem like they will do much at the Olympics. I prefer the days of naija coaches. Back then we won WAFCON regularly and spring a few surprises with the big ones except USA and Germany. But how can a team struggling with SA win WAFCON not to mention the international tournanents. We might have another Rohr 2.0 on our hands with this Waldrum guy.
From the highlighted post, apart from winning the WAFCON regularly, the rest of what you wrote is complete BS. Only 1 local coach (Mabo) has ever go us out of the group at the World Cup since 1991. In the last Olympics we attended with your local coach we lost all 3 group games. Between 2003 & 2015, we were bottom of our WC groups (except in 2011, 3rd in group) and winless in all 3 games. Waldrum is better than whatever we have locally currently, if you disagree go and see the recent track records of our best NWFL coaches in the last 3 CAF Champions Leagues. Competition is much stiffer now and we don't seem to developing our coaches.
Not winning Afcon is a sign of regression. Its not like the African countries going to the WC are reaching Semis, its just Nigeria still at same spot or regressing. They ( men and women) are not only non performing but are no longer even fun to watch. I saw Rivers United recently at the confed cup and realize it might get worse before it gets better.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

oscar52 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:56 am
Adisboy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:30 am
Not winning Afcon is a sign of regression. Its not like the African countries going to the WC are reaching Semis, its just Nigeria still at same spot or regressing. They ( men and women) are not only non performing but are no longer even fun to watch. I saw Rivers United recently at the confed cup and realize it might get worse before it gets better.
Your reasoning reminds me of that famous mammal illogic that leads to an absurd conclusion; all men are mammals. All dogs are mammals therefore all men are dogs.

In drawing your conclusion, you neglected the important fact that while African countries are not reaching the semifinals, neither is Nigeria. Moreover, some African countries have done as well or better than Nigeria at the World Cup. This would lead most reasonable people to conclude that not winning AFCON is simply a sign of parity in African football🤔❗️

Cheers.