South Africa vs Nigeria Super Falcons Live Stream | Africa Olympic Qualifiers

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: South Africa vs Nigeria Super Falcons Live Stream | Africa Olympic Qualifiers

Post by aruako1 »

Congratulations to the Super Falcons!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: South Africa vs Nigeria Super Falcons Live Stream | Africa Olympic Qualifiers

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is too late to change the coach. I don't want them to remove Waldrum. But I want Waldrum to work on fixing scoring problems. We have the potential to win the Olympics. We have a solid defense. Got to add goal scoring. Changing the coach now would actually hurt the team. So we keep what we have and make due. But after the Olympics. I want the best local coach to manage the Falcons.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

No sir!
You said he wasn't good enough but now you don't want him removed?
Hmmm, I wonder why?

On a more serious note - THAT was a masterclass in defence!
Fantastic performance by our ladies. On to Paris!
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:46 pm It is too late to change the coach. I don't want them to remove Waldrum. But I want Waldrum to work on fixing scoring problems. We have the potential to win the Olympics. We have a solid defense. Got to add goal scoring.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:35 pm The coach need to do passing and finishing drills in training. Toni Payne didn't play well. I hope Kanu regains her confidence. The coach need to reinstall Oshaola into the starting lineup. The team is good. I don't see why we can't medal at the Olympics. The thing that will hold us back is the inability to score goals. Which is strange. Usually Nigeria is not good at defending. A team that has the likes of Ajibade, Oshola, Kanu should be scoring goals. So what is the problem. I think the problem is the midfield, We need to find a creative midfielder. Some one that will replace Tony Payne. Also need to creative a relaxed climate. There is too much tension.
Are you aware that according to FiFa rules, if you score 1 goal and the other team can't score, you win the game?

It's people like you that got us into the mess we're in with SE. The coach that got us to Afcon final was harassed onto resignation because he his team didn't look good enough. Now we can't find a coach that plays beautiful football fast enough.

Abeg chill and appreciate the results.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:49 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:35 pm The coach need to do passing and finishing drills in training. Toni Payne didn't play well. I hope Kanu regains her confidence. The coach need to reinstall Oshaola into the starting lineup. The team is good. I don't see why we can't medal at the Olympics. The thing that will hold us back is the inability to score goals. Which is strange. Usually Nigeria is not good at defending. A team that has the likes of Ajibade, Oshola, Kanu should be scoring goals. So what is the problem. I think the problem is the midfield, We need to find a creative midfielder. Some one that will replace Tony Payne. Also need to creative a relaxed climate. There is too much tension.
Are you aware that according to FiFa rules, if you score 1 goal and the other team can't score, you win the game?

It's people like you that got us into the mess we're in with SE. The coach that got us to Afcon final was harassed onto resignation because he his team didn't look good enough. Now we can't find a coach that plays beautiful football fast enough.

Abeg chill and appreciate the results.
Are you aware that if you can't score against a 10 man English side in the knockout stage. You can lose on penalties according to FIFA rules.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Otitokoro wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:48 pm No sir!
You said he wasn't good enough but now you don't want him removed?
Hmmm, I wonder why?

On a more serious note - THAT was a masterclass in defence!
Fantastic performance by our ladies. On to Paris!
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:46 pm It is too late to change the coach. I don't want them to remove Waldrum. But I want Waldrum to work on fixing scoring problems. We have the potential to win the Olympics. We have a solid defense. Got to add goal scoring.
It is too late to change the coach. Got to make due with what you have. Bring in a technical assistant. Work on the passing and finishing. Keep the defensive shape.

greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Nigeria Group Stage matches at the Olympics

Thursday, 25 July 2024
Group C: Nigeria v Brazil | 19:00 | Stade de Bordeaux (Match 6)

Sunday, 28 July 2024
Group C: Spain v Nigeria | 19:00 | Stade de la Beaujoire, Nantes (Match 11)

Wednesday, 31 July 2024
Group C: Japan v Nigeria | 17:00 | Stade de la Beaujoire, Nantes (Match 18)
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

greg wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:11 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:06 pm Lots of work needs to be done to prepare for the Olympics. We have the talent to do well at the Olympics but got to fix the scoring problems.
That will resolve itself later when the girls get a full camp and time to prepare. The goal today was to stop the opponent. First time in Olympics since 2008. Thank you Randy Waldrum. We have a real coach and a real goalie.
It didn't happen at WAFCON and at the last World cup. i hope they work on it.

greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:02 pm
greg wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:11 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:06 pm Lots of work needs to be done to prepare for the Olympics. We have the talent to do well at the Olympics but got to fix the scoring problems.
That will resolve itself later when the girls get a full camp and time to prepare. The goal today was to stop the opponent. First time in Olympics since 2008. Thank you Randy Waldrum. We have a real coach and a real goalie.
It didn't happen at WAFCON and at the last World cup. i hope they work on it.
Did you not see how your local based NFF board sabotaged the camping and preparation plans for the girls at the WC? Also there is only so far a coach can take a professional when it comes to finishing off chances. It sometimes has more to do with the mental state of the individual players. A Psychologist's job sometimes. NFF can't even pay for the right Assistants let alone a team psychologist. In any case I'm also glad they didn't reveal too much to Spain, Japan and Brazil who must have keenly watched these last couple of matches.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:41 pm
icee wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:29 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:57 pm What exactly is Randy adding to the team. The team is not improving from the previous game. The same scoring problems we saw against 10 man England we see today. I hope the misses dont come back to hurt Nigeria
Ohehen has been on a local coach crusade even when the evidence before him is glaring. About to qualify for Paris, we are the better team - what do you want? you want us to change the coach. Same thinking the politicians use on Nigerians where they bring tribe or something trite to stir emotional decisions. I know that since Nigeria took over NFF, our league has been doing great, our refs have been represented at AFcon, since Nigerias took over NITEL, nitel has been providing great phone service, same with NEPA or whatever the name is..we've been enjoying stead electricity, NIPOST, NIGERIA Airways, NNPC - yes we need local indeed. I hear your statement, I can't follow or see the basis for your argument especially for the N FALCONS or EAGLES. People like you are why we keep shooting our selves in the foot on sentiment rather than evidence.
No white man will ever fix your problem. They are here to exploit you. Look at what they did to Niger and DRC. Also no foreign coach has ever led a team to win the World cup. I would not waste my time listing all the successes by local Nigerians. Back to the analysis. Randy Waldrum is not better than any local coach. We have had several local coaches qualify Nigeria to the Olympics and the world cup. A Nigerian coach has led Nigeria to the Quarterfinals of the World cup. I am not seeing improvement in the team. The same problems we had at the last WAFCOn. We see today. But I do like the defensive shape. The problem is you have players like Oshoala. It doesn't make sense that Nigeria is having problems scoring. The coach need to fix the problem.
You may be digging your self into a long term credibility hole here. I will side step the black vs white or local vs foreign and pose this question to you since you keep on asking what has the current coach done that others coaches have not done. So when was the last time the falcons qualified for the Olympics that we just a few hours ago qualified for ?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He finished 4th at WAFCON. The previous coach won WAFCON. @icee. Anyways it is not helpful to talk about the coaching position right now. It late to make a change. What we need to work on is the goal scoring pro blem. After the Olympics the NFF need to appoint the best local coach. The man that handled the games against Ethiopia did a decent job.

greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:40 pm He finished 4th at WAFCON. The previous coach won WAFCON. @icee
He knows our history bestter than you think. Most of us are sick of winning that tournament (11 times) and not doing anything on the world stage. WAFCON was not his priority. Qualifying for the WC was the real goal that tourney. You can see the big difference with how the girls did at the WC. You can also see what just happened to the WAFCON champions.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

greg wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:45 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:40 pm He finished 4th at WAFCON. The previous coach won WAFCON. @icee
He knows our history bestter than you think. Most of us are sick of winning that tournament (11 times) and not doing anything on the world stage. WAFCON was not his priority. Qualifying for the WC was the real goal that tourney. You can see the big difference with how the girls did at the WC. You can also see what just happened to the WAFCON champions.
Lol so now you dont want to win the African title. Na I am not sick of winning WAFCON. Let me ask you would you make the same excuse if it was a local coach.?

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:49 pm
greg wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:45 pm
Lol so now you dont want to win the African title. Na I am not sick of winning WAFCON. Let me ask you would you make the same excuse if it was a local coach.?
You clearly lack ambition.
No need to aim for the WWC because you’ve won WAFCON 11 times.
Local champion ad infinitum.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

No I want to win WAFCON. I don't want to finish 4th. Don't care if you think If I lack ambition or not. What is stopping you from winning WAFCON and also doing well at the world cup?

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:07 pm No I want to win WAFCON. I don't want to finish 4th. Don't care if you think If I lack ambition or not. What is stopping you from winning WAFCON and also doing well at the world cup?
Dude seriously STFU. The goal was to qualify for the Olympics and we did just that. With good camping we should improve that is if the morons like you running the NFF dont sabotage the team like they did during the WC preparations.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:10 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:07 pm No I want to win WAFCON. I don't want to finish 4th. Don't care if you think If I lack ambition or not. What is stopping you from winning WAFCON and also doing well at the world cup?
Dude seriously STFU. The goal was to qualify for the Olympics and we did just that. With good camping we should improve that is if the morons like you running the NFF dont sabotage the team like they did during the WC preparations.
Where did I say qualification was a bad thing? The NFF should keep Waldrum, but we need to fix the scoring problems. I want to do well at the Olympics. I hear Nigeria will be playing Brazil and Spain. Tough games. You want us to go there and learn again like Rohr would say?

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

CONGRATS LADIES!
See you all in Paris… :thumbs:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:03 pmYou clearly lack ambition.
No need to aim for the WWC because you’ve won WAFCON 11 times.
Local champion ad infinitum.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

His Master’s Voice!
I see Dokita has found another Oyibo to service. LOL.

Dude, it’s NOT mutually exclusive to win WAFCON and do well at the WC…
Ismailia Mabo won AWC (now WAFCON) and took us to the QFs of the WC.

“Clearly lack[ing] ambition” is just hoping to squeeze into the WC…
Better to be champion ‘locally’ (like England) than a loser EVERYWHERE.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Not impressed. They don't seem like they will do much at the Olympics. I prefer the days of naija coaches. Back then we won WAFCON regularly and spring a few surprises with the big ones except USA and Germany. But how can a team struggling with SA win WAFCON not to mention the international tournanents. We might have another Rohr 2.0 on our hands with this Waldrum guy.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

oscar52 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:23 pm Not impressed. They don't seem like they will do much at the Olympics. I prefer the days of naija coaches. Back then we won WAFCON regularly and spring a few surprises with the big ones except USA and Germany. But how can a team struggling with SA win WAFCON not to mention the international tournanents. We might have another Rohr 2.0 on our hands with this Waldrum guy.
I am one of the biggest advocates for indigenous coaches, at least from the perspective of giving them a chance. That, however, does not mean that there are no worthy foreign coaches. The fact that we are no longer winning WAFCON on a regular basis is not an indication of poor coaching. Did you not notice that all of the African representatives at the last World Cup held their own quite well? No one can ignore the glaringly obvious truth. There is more parity in African women’s football today than there ever was. We as a footballing nation need to step up our game because other African countries are catching up… and it has a lot less to do with inadequate coaching than it has to do with timely talent discovery and preparations🤔❗️

Cheers.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:55 pm
oscar52 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:23 pm Not impressed. They don't seem like they will do much at the Olympics. I prefer the days of naija coaches. Back then we won WAFCON regularly and spring a few surprises with the big ones except USA and Germany. But how can a team struggling with SA win WAFCON not to mention the international tournanents. We might have another Rohr 2.0 on our hands with this Waldrum guy.
I am one of the biggest advocates for indigenous coaches, at least from the perspective of giving them a chance. That, however, does not mean that there are no worthy foreign coaches. The fact that we are no longer winning AFCON on a regular basis is not an indication of poor coaching. Did you not notice that all of the African representatives at the last World Cup held their own quite well? No one can ignore the glaringly obvious truth. There is more parity in African women’s football today than there ever was. We as a footballing nation need to step up our game because other African countries are catching up… and it has a lot less to do with inadequate coaching than it has to do with timely talent discovery and preparations🤔❗️

Cheers.
For some some people everything na just black or white, straight line from point A to B, and variables never change. Thank God the world is great at leaving them behind.
It was fun waiting for the rest of Africa to catch up, but It's better when it's more competitive. The gap between Africa and the rest of the world has subsequently narrowed quite a bit. It's quite possible to struggle against African opposition and do well on the world stage. Just ask the Moroccan men. I am confident that the ladies will give a good account of themselves in France and other future tournaments. Gone are the 8-1 scoreline blowouts forever; no womens team on this earth can approach a Falcons game feeling like they are guaranteed of a Victory in regulation time. At least while Waldrum is in charge.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved