Congratulations to the Falcons on the Olympic qualification

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Congratulations to the Falcons on the Olympic qualification

Post by truetalk »

It has been a while since we have qualified for Olympic soccer, Male or Female.

Well done to the girls and the Coaching crew.

It is an unbelievably tough group. Spain, Japan and Brazil can make valid claims of being top 5.

If the Falcons are top 10 globally (as some of us believe they are), then they have to walk the tough road in front of them and walk it well.

For me, it has been a good sports weekend. Falcons qualifications, some good NPFL highlights, Dawn Staley and South Carolina, UCONN Huskies are the top dogs again. Good long weekend.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Congratulations to the Falcons on the Olympic qualification

Post by bret- hart »

Wish we were in the other group. We match up better with USA, Germany and Australia. Brazil, Japan and Spain are too slick for my liking. Oh well. Lets see what Randy does in Paris.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

We are good. Our goalkeepers don't play in Israel.
bret- hart wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:03 pm Wish we were in the other group. We match up better with USA, Germany and Australia. Brazil, Japan and Spain are too slick for my liking. Oh well. Lets see what Randy does in Paris.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Booking my tickets ,man will hit Paris in the summer
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

OSE, OSE O, OSE O, OSE BABA… :thumbs:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:48 pm Booking my tickets ,man will hit Paris in the summer
Stop lying! You can't afford a trip to Paris! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Undertaker wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:11 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:48 pm Booking my tickets ,man will hit Paris in the summer
Stop lying! You can't afford a trip to Paris! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Even if he could, his US immigration status is a massive blocker.
NationsCup
Egg
Egg

Post by NationsCup »

Congratulations SF. However, They need to work on ball possession. They seemed to be losing too much possession and doing a lot of running as a result. They could easily get tired and get punished when they play experienced teams.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Gotti wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:09 pm OSE, OSE O, OSE O, OSE BABA… :thumbs:
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
SuperEagles

Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

truetalk wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:15 pm It has been a while since we have qualified for Olympic soccer, Male or Female.

Well done to the girls and the Coaching crew.

It is an unbelievably tough group. Spain, Japan and Brazil can make valid claims of being top 5.

If the Falcons are top 10 globally (as some of us believe they are), then they have to walk the tough road in front of them and walk it well.

For me, it has been a good sports weekend. Falcons qualifications, some good NPFL highlights, Dawn Staley and South Carolina, UCONN Huskies are the top dogs again. Good long weekend.

HOW SOON PEOPLE FORGET

Isn't this the team that gave a glimpse of what it can do not too long ago in Australia? Actually, I wouldn't be quick to write them off against Japan or Brazil. Just give them ample and quality preparation, NFF.
Bell
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:33 pm
I thought he was a DACA kid? However, I know for sure he can't afford an Amtrak ticket talkless a flight to Paris!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Last edited by iworo on Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Undertaker wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:48 am
aruako1 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:33 pm
I thought he was a DACA kid? However, I know for sure he can't afford an Amtrak ticket talkless a flight to Paris!
Lol at DACA kid. Broke & jobless
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:???: d
iworo wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:39 am
Wow Zambia came back. They were the better team in the first leg. Glad they made it
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

iworo wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:45 am
Congrats to the girls.

I miss these celebrations from the days I used to follow the SE all over the place. My best was when Nigeria defeated Spain in France ‘98. We danced in the rain for almost an hour. It was fun.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:22 pm
iworo wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:45 am
Congrats to the girls.

I miss these celebrations from the days I used to follow the SE all over the place. My best was when Nigeria defeated Spain in France ‘98. We danced in the rain for almost an hour. It was fun.
I was there that day.
I looked up and found myself standing right beside Segun Odegbami.
I will never forget that particular moment.
It was like he was mesmerised, just staring at the spectacle of crazy football fans like in a trance. I think it was when the team bus came out.

In that moment, I felt he was reflecting on what might have been if his own generation had qualified for the World Cup. It was pure joy but he seemed frozen in time.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Banyana feel the ‘heartache’ at letting down the nation with Olympics exit

Desiree Ellis battled to hold back tears when she talked about the profound disappointment of failing to lead Banyana to this year's Olympic Games in France.

Banyana were held to a 0-0 draw by the Super Falcons of Nigeria at Loftus on Tuesday night, meaning they lost the final stage qualifier 1-0 on aggregate and failed to qualify for the Olympics for the second time in succession.

Ellis admitted Banyana disappointed the country.

“It is difficult to explain because of the expectation that, not just we had on ourselves, but the rest of the country had on us,” she said in her post-match press conference.

“We felt we disappointed everybody, we felt if we scored one goal we might have scored the second or the third because we were the team on the ascendancy.

“We knew they were going to play the long ball because they did that effectively in the first game and we handled that very well.

“We needed to put our foot on the ball a lot more. I don’t think you can explain the disappointment. You hurt so badly inside that you almost don’t know what to say.”

The turn of events might bring the future of long-serving Ellis into the spotlight. The coach said she does not know if she will be around for the next Olympic qualifiers.
“It is always about the team first. I can't give you an answer about that far ahead right now.

“The reason I said I am not thinking too far ahead is that we have a lot of Fifa dates coming up in between, and hopefully a Wafcon [Women's Africa Cup of Nations], because the one thing the team would like to do is defend [their 2022 Wafcon title]. It is always easy to win but it is difficult to defend it.

“We need to consistently have regular camps and play against good opposition because that’s the only way you can test yourself and the team can grow.

No disrespect to some of the teams on the continent. Nigeria are ranked number one, we are ranked number two. We have to make sure that when we go to Cosafa Cup, we take a team that will get the experience to bring back and add value.

“The Cosafa Cup is the first level tournament where players go, do well and you bring them in.”

Banyana captain Refiloe Jane also spoke about the squad's disappointment but said they will have to come back and try again.

“When the final whistle went it was huge disappointment. Heartache. This group worked so hard to be where it is today and it’s been a long journey to be where we are. To experience such disappointment at the last hurdle hurts.

“But we will have to lift our heads up and try again like we did before. Today is a sad day but tomorrow is a new day and we will focus on what lies ahead. There are lessons in failure. We will have to come back strong.

“We can’t sulk like it is the end of the world. We missed out in the previous edition and we came back stronger. We don't know what lies ahead of us but this is our chance again to rebuild and come back stronger.”

Banyana reached the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and the World Cups in 2019 and 2023, becoming the first South African senior team to progress past a World Cup group stage at the latter in Australasia.
https://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/soccer/2024-04-10-banyana-feel-the-heartache-at-letting-the-nation-down-with-olympics-exit/
2think
Egg
Egg

Post by 2think »

So proud of the SF.
May the Lord God Bless U real Good
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

South Africa talked a lot before the two matches… how they were gonna do this and that, but we just kept quiet. I felt like we… I believed in our team. I knew we were gonna be a hard team to break down.”
- Randy Waldrum

https://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/socce ... pics-exit/
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The NFF need to strike gold with these girls, make serious wazobia, their popularity is top notch. All of a sudden many people can name the first 11 and even the bench , talkless of them playing allover the globe. Our women football has arrived and my belle dey sweet no be small. Well done to the SUPER FALCONS

I also think this girl is a super star, the female Ngolo Kante
SuperEagles