How would a Vic- Boniface attack work?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
How would a Vic- Boniface attack work?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Both are No 9s but Boniface can play slightly wide but he’s not a 2 way wide player like Simon. How would it work? Do we go back to the 442 or 352? I think the presence of Boniface is going to alter the positional make up of the team significantly depending on how we line up. With a fragile MF, the width will likely have to come from the wingbacks unless we stick with 442.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: How would a Vic- Boniface attack work?

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:39 am Both are No 9s but Boniface can play slightly wide but he’s not a 2 way wide player like Simon. How would it work? Do we go back to the 442 or 352? I think the presence of Boniface is going to alter the positional make up of the team significantly depending on how we line up. With a fragile MF, the width will likely have to come from the wingbacks unless we stick with 442.
A midfield of Iwobi-Onyedika-Nwakali OR Ibrahim Olawoyin behind a Vic/Boniface attack will be ideal for whatever formation and tactics we can use right now.

Ndidi and Onyeka are at best both destroyers who are extremely limited to impact the type of free flowing brand of football we need to bamboozle opposition teams.

Let nobody fool you that we don't have the midfielders, we just have the lazy and rigid coaches to actually explore our depth and play to the dynamics of our midfield personnel.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:11 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:39 am Both are No 9s but Boniface can play slightly wide but he’s not a 2 way wide player like Simon. How would it work? Do we go back to the 442 or 352? I think the presence of Boniface is going to alter the positional make up of the team significantly depending on how we line up. With a fragile MF, the width will likely have to come from the wingbacks unless we stick with 442.
A midfield of Iwobi-Onyedika-Nwakali OR Ibrahim Olawoyin behind a Vic/Boniface attack will be ideal for whatever formation and tactics we can use right now.

Ndidi and Onyeka are at best both destroyers who are extremely limited to impact the type of free flowing brand of football we need to bamboozle opposition teams.

Let nobody fool you that we don't have the midfielders, we just have the lazy and rigid coaches to actually explore our depth and play to the dynamics of our midfield personnel.
Bashiru plays in the same league as Olawoyin but he seems to be favored over olawoyin. I've only seen clips of Olawoyin but he looks to me like a decent player but the jury is out until he gets a chance. Also, Onyeka is a must in that mf or it'll be overan. Opponents won't cooperate with the bamboozle plan. You know African football better than that.
OCCUPY NFF!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

If we are going with a front two, I think I still prefer Osimhen and Lookman. However, if we are playing 3 upfront with just one CF, then I'll play Boniface on the left, and Oshimen as a CF.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

olu wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:50 am If we are going with a front two, I think I still prefer Osimhen and Lookman. However, if we are playing 3 upfront with just one CF, then I'll play Boniface on the left, and Oshimen as a CF.
Would Boniface be burdened with defensive responsibilities? If so, it won’t work.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

352 with Osimehn + Lookman/Boniface

Or

433 with Osimehn+Lookman+Boniface/
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

We saw how the combo will work during the early stages of the WCQs against Lesotho and Zimbabwe
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:42 am We saw how the combo will work during the early stages of the WCQs against Lesotho and Zimbabwe
Did it work?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:18 am
Dammy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:42 am We saw how the combo will work during the early stages of the WCQs against Lesotho and Zimbabwe
Did it work?
:blushing: :???:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Boniface played several times on the left wing for Union St Gilloise. I think he can take some some defensive duties if he's played on the wing.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:46 am
olu wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:50 am If we are going with a front two, I think I still prefer Osimhen and Lookman. However, if we are playing 3 upfront with just one CF, then I'll play Boniface on the left, and Oshimen as a CF.
Would Boniface be burdened with defensive responsibilities? If so, it won’t work.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

olu wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:53 pm Boniface played several times on the left wing for Union St Gilloise. I think he can take some some defensive duties if he's played on the wing.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:46 am
As long as -do-let understand that he’ll be playing a diff for SE and likely will not have the same results as he does at Bayer.
OCCUPY NFF!!