NFF Not Serious on Youth Football

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

onovo
Egg
Egg
NFF Not Serious on Youth Football

Post by onovo »

WAFU B U-17 is scheduled to start Next Month (May 15 to 29th) in Accra Ghana. However, our NFF is only now announcing Manu Garba as the U-17 coach. This lackadaisical/unserious attitude of our NFF towards our youth team is becoming a culture. On the other hand, Ghana U-17 black starlet has been organizing camp since last year, and had a Christmas break in December.

I think our NFF is unserious with youth team. Just take a look a the shoddy preparation of the U-15 boys, whom were denied visa recently to participate for a youth tournament in Spain.
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg
Re: NFF Not Serious on Youth Football

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

We are a joke, Manu Garba again!!
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Manu Garba is an okay hire. The NFF waited to announce a coach to save money and they have already picked the players for the coach. Pinnick destroyed our youth system. We now rely on Remo stars youth team and etc.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is lunacy to name a coach 1 monthly before a major tournament. It takes time to train youngsters. Watch how they will attack the coach when the team don't play well.

greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Yep great choice for coach. But learn from the past and please do not promote him to the u20 once he is successful again. I wouldn't call the WAFU tournament a major one, not for the country that has won the most u17 World Cups on the planet. It just remains now to put Sia1 in the U20 and U23, then we will be set to produce an endless supply of success and talent for the SE.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

onovo wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:04 pm WAFU B U-17 is scheduled to start Next Month (May 15 to 29th) in Accra Ghana. However, our NFF is only now announcing Manu Garba as the U-17 coach. This lackadaisical/unserious attitude of our NFF towards our youth team is becoming a culture. On the other hand, Ghana U-17 black starlet has been organizing camp since last year, and had a Christmas break in December.

I think our NFF is unserious with youth team. Just take a look a the shoddy preparation of the U-15 boys, whom were denied visa recently to participate for a youth tournament in Spain.
...you don't have to "think", they are never serious. It's a question how much they gonna make.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:31 am It is lunacy to name a coach 1 monthly before a major tournament. It takes time to train youngsters. Watch how they will attack the coach when the team don't play well.
...they do it for SE, who be u17 to them, no cash flow coming in for them to chop.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The NFF should have made this dude head coach…

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:45 am The NFF should have made this dude head coach…

Brilliant.
This guy is building his career, paying his dues and is on the rise.
This is just the beginning.
Wishing him all the best.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This is an interview he gave 4 years ago. Please, please, please watch it when you have time. So inspiring.

It’s a story of passion and commitment and if this guy becomes successful nationally, he will definitely inspire a whole generation of kids to follow.
We are talking about a person that was so committed to coaching that he started his own academy far away from home in the bush at 17, using his Unilag accommodation fees!
Went to Enugu for his NYSC to understudy the Enugu Rangers coaches.

Unbelievable. This could be the Osimhen of coaching in the making. I wish him the very best with the U17s.

Part One:

Part Two:

Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

SE new coach will not be named until last minute b4 our SA match!

puserio is begging to come back due to joblessness
ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:31 am It is lunacy to name a coach 1 monthly before a major tournament. It takes time to train youngsters. Watch how they will attack the coach when the team don't play well.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Gotti wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:45 am The NFF should have made this dude head coach…

I am a fan of Olumide Ajibolade.

I hope he gets hired as the assistant coach as he will be doing most of the coaching while Manu Garba does the managing.

It is a good way for him to get his foot into the door.

I wish they were bolder to have named him outright. But anyway to get into the mix is a welcome development.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cell,

TBH, if this guy has already proven his worth then he should be hired as the substantive coach. Why just as an Assistant? Time to stop recycling aging coaches. Let's move to the new lads who are coming up and then have guys like Manu Garba serve as a Consultant.
Cellular wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:23 pm

I hope he gets hired as the assistant coach as he will be doing most of the coaching while Manu Garba does the managing.

I wish they were bolder to have named him outright. But anyway to get into the mix is a welcome development.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:35 pm Cell,

TBH, if this guy has already proven his worth then he should be hired as the substantive coach. Why just as an Assistant? Time to stop recycling aging coaches. Let's move to the new lads who are coming up and then have guys like Manu Garba serve as a Consultant.
Prof, I was hoping you’d watch the videos of this guy.
He is the embodiment of everything I have been wishing for in our local coaches.
Remember the thread I opened last year asking whether our problem was that the profession was not attracting the right calibre of Nigerians?
Well this guy is the kind of person we need in abundance, flooding the profession and bringing fresh ideas to the practise.
He knew what he wanted to do from his youth and sacrificed everything to achieve it.
Even his degree in Food Technology he is applying to his coaching.

By now, we are supposed to have hundreds like him, and that is small.
When I say the coaches need to apply themselves and work towards improving their skill set like the rest of us, instead of waiting for ‘govt work’, this is exactly what I mean.

Let’s hope this is just the first ripple that turns into a flood. One day soon, we should have Nigerian coaches in demand internationally. It will happen BGG.

And this kind of commitment will be responsible.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Me too.
But like you said, this is a foot in the door.
His star has been slowly rising and even he will tell you that he has a long way to get to where he wants to be.

He is on a mission and wants to prove that African coaches can compete with the best globally.
But he recognises there are no short cuts.
When you get time, watch the videos I posted.
His journey is inspiring.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

They won't.

According to the NFF. Manu Garba is the best U17 coach ever. The key word is ever. Garba is good, but I don't know about ever. And I have my concerns about his performance at the U20 level. Also the last time he coached the team was in 2015. U17 level is more competitive now. Anyways I wish the team well.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:02 pm

Me too.
But like you said, this is a foot in the door.
His star has been slowly rising and even he will tell you that he has a long way to get to where he wants to be.

He is on a mission and wants to prove that African coaches can compete with the best globally.
But he recognises there are no short cuts.
When you get time, watch the videos I posted.
His journey is inspiring.
I have seen his video. I like the investment Honorable Kunle Soname has done with Remo Stars and his academy team, Beyond Limits. This is a guy that gets it. He has the right people running his stuff. Too many things about his setup is top notch... so I presume is not by accident. Na this type of guy we need to me advocating for to get in the position to do the hiring. He will hire the right people.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Our NFF is really sick ! Manu Garba has less than a month to scout and train young players ahead of a major WAFU U-17 competition, hear what the gaffer said recently as follows:
We have short time to scout for players. They might not be the players that will play all through the AFCON and the World Cup. As we play friendly matches, there is the likelihood that we might see better players than we have in camp. We will tell such players to go for their MRI scan and fight for places.

“I’ve done that several times with the likes of Taiwo Awoniyi and co, who were not part of the screening, and look at what Taiwo is now playing for one of the EPL clubs, Nottingham Forest
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

onovo wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:35 am Our NFF is really sick ! Manu Garba has less than a month to scout and train young players ahead of a major WAFU U-17 competition, hear what the gaffer said recently as follows:
We have short time to scout for players. They might not be the players that will play all through the AFCON and the World Cup. As we play friendly matches, there is the likelihood that we might see better players than we have in camp. We will tell such players to go for their MRI scan and fight for places.

“I’ve done that several times with the likes of Taiwo Awoniyi and co, who were not part of the screening, and look at what Taiwo is now playing for one of the EPL clubs, Nottingham Forest
Onovo

This happens all the time and NFF erroneously believes that because Nigeria has gotten away with success in the past, that they can continue to do the same. It is crazy. We have recently seen the poor result from such a strategy with Bosso's team. Do not be surprised if Manu's ream suffers a similar date. Then we will all blame Manu and not the NFF.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

So Manu Garba selected all of the 51 players?

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:26 pm
Are these new pictures?
One or two of the kids look familiar
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:09 pm So Manu Garba selected all of the 51 players?
It does not work that way, given the short time. You will find that several of these players arrive from various sources including NFF recommendations, coaches recommending other players, academy contacts, etc. That is the reality, given the time. The coach of this U17 will add other players from teams that this selection faces in the coming weeks. This is a cut and paste team and it will be as the weeks emerge. Not the best preparation but that isd what is likely the process given the time. I fear for the final result.