How Michelle Alozie ended up representing Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
How Michelle Alozie ended up representing Nigeria

Post by 1naija »

I was at this game.

Bigpokey didn't even go to the game eventhough it was 5 minutes from his house in 5th ward, , yet he wants us to believe he will buy flight ticket and go to Paris to watch her play.

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/Z7yNb5 ... tid=w8EBqM
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: How Michelle Alozie ended up representing Nigeria

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:54 pm I was at this game.

Bigpokey didn't even go to the game eventhough it was 5 minutes from his house in 5th ward, , yet he wants us to believe he will buy flight ticket and go to Paris to watch her play.

You and Big P should leave her alone jare. Una no get jobs? :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Wow accidental scouting uncovered a starter. I wonder who else showed up and became part of the team like her
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I believe that was Nicole Payne's first game also.

There was a defender named Okeke on the team who I thought was very good. Unfortunately, she scored an own goal in the game. I wonder what became of her.
greg wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:58 am Wow accidental scouting uncovered a starter. I wonder who else showed up and became part of the team like her
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

This was the late Keshi's style in team building too. Open camp and keeping an open mind for any newcomers that might surprise. I'm a fan of doing that before any major tournament. Otherwise it surely won't be the very best available players at that point. We can see the effects of not doing this when new players who are called up to replace the injured walk straight into the starting lineup ahead of those already in camp.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

1naija wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:41 am I believe that was Nicole Payne's first game also.

There was a defender named Okeke on the team who I thought was very good. Unfortunately, she scored an own goal in the game. I wonder what became of her.
greg wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:58 am Wow accidental scouting uncovered a starter. I wonder who else showed up and became part of the team like her
You mean Chidinma Okeke. She's back in the team and just played both legs against South Africa (Ashleigh's replacement at left back) and did very well. Her absence was due to a long term injury that led to her being clubless for a while. She seems to have full recovered and worked her way back. She now plays in Japan which is a very good level. With her performance against South Africa, barring injury, she'll be on the plane to Paris.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Esther Okoronkwo was also accidentally discovered at that same camp. Also Echiegini was discovered in a similar way during the Canada friendlies about a year later also due to visa issues ruling out quite a few of the regular players
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Adisboy wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:10 pm
Esther Okoronkwo was also accidentally discovered at that same camp. Also Echiegini was discovered in a similar way during the Canada friendlies about a year later also due to visa issues ruling out quite a few of the regular players
Not a surprise as far as Nigerian scouting system goes. There are, possibly, numerous players falling through the cracks. This is akin to the view that our scouting system for the men's national team must take into consideration the environment and socio-economic decisions made by player labor.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

I saw this story and couldn't believe what I was reading, how do you uncover a bona-fide sports star with open trials, one that can seemingly play any position and hold her own, absolute madness?

And now this thread has even more players that made it through those trials to hold down at least a squad place. Feels like we need more of those trials.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:54 pm I was at this game.

what's up with the freaking subtitles? weren't they speaking English? crap like that vexes me a lot
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

That's great.
Adisboy wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:05 pm
1naija wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:41 am I believe that was Nicole Payne's first game also.

You mean Chidinma Okeke. She's back in the team and just played both legs against South Africa (Ashleigh's replacement at left back) and did very well. Her absence was due to a long term injury that led to her being clubless for a while. She seems to have full recovered and worked her way back. She now plays in Japan which is a very good level. With her performance against South Africa, barring injury, she'll be on the plane to Paris.