ANNOYED AS HELL....Rumors on the proposed hiring of Dutch Manager

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ANNOYED AS HELL....Rumors on the proposed hiring of Dutch Manager

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

According to trnasfermrkt he's 41yrs old and he prefers the 433 defending formation. Let them just hurry up and hire somebody.
OCCUPY NFF!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

packerland wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:17 pm I’m all for hiring a foreign coach but this one makes no sense. I’m sorry but some people at the NFF must be getting a cut from hiring these journey man foreign coaches. Finidi did let us down big time but I’ll rather give him a few more chances than hiring this underachiever. Now our resident black panthers that like to call people WOWO will act like they didn’t see my post denouncing hiring this Dutch coach.
This is exactly what we are talking about! Finidi let us down big time?? How? Because he lost a meaningless friendly game? Meanwhile Peseiro won less than 10% of his friendly games
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

packerland wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:17 pm I’m all for hiring a foreign coach but this one makes no sense. I’m sorry but some people at the NFF must be getting a cut from hiring these journey man foreign coaches. Finidi did let us down big time but I’ll rather give him a few more chances than hiring this underachiever. Now our resident black panthers that like to call people WOWO will act like they didn’t see my post denouncing hiring this Dutch coach.
This is exactly what we are talking about! Finidi let us down big time?? How? Because he lost a meaningless friendly game? Meanwhile Peseiro won less than 10% of his friendly games
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:34 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:19 pm I’m all out for Finidi unless we come up with a performing and experienced foreign coach.
Meanwhile I hate this ‘white’ coach narrative instead of ‘foreign’ coach
It’s so patronizing and deliberately framed that way by our Nigerian Freedom Fighters keen on showing they are proud black people. :roll:

But sentiments aside, can you publish the Managerial records of all three for comparison?
Playing careers have nothing to do with it.
Some of the top managers in the world had mediocre playing careers or non at all, while some of the world’s very best footballers spectacularly failed as managers.

So their managerial careers is what’s important and it would be nice to compare the records of Finidi, Amuneke and this guy who as u rightly said, nobody knows.
Damunk

As you mentioned, the annoying thing is that this guy is a non achiever. I am stating as per his managerial career.! Compare to Finidi who won the League at Enyimba and we cannot even compare their playing career. You can simply Google the guy's career.

NFF hiring this guy or someone of his calber will be a travesty.
It's important not to let emotions cloud our judgment. Comparing the NPFL to the Eredivisie seems far-fetched. Campaigning for a coach solely based on winning the Nigerian league might not be the wisest choice.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

iworo wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:46 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:19 pm I’m all out for Finidi unless we come up with a performing and experienced foreign coach.
It’s so patronizing and deliberately framed that way by our Nigerian Freedom Fighters keen on showing they are proud black people. :roll:

But sentiments aside, can you publish the Managerial records of all three for comparison?
Some of the top managers in the world had mediocre playing careers or non at all, while some of the world’s very best footballers spectacularly failed as managers.

So their managerial careers is what’s important and it would be nice to compare the records of Finidi, Amuneke and this guy who as u rightly said, nobody knows.
Damunk

As you mentioned, the annoying thing is that this guy is a non achiever. I am stating as per his managerial career.! Compare to Finidi who won the League at Enyimba and we cannot even compare their playing career. You can simply Google the guy's career.

It's important not to let emotions cloud our judgment. Comparing the NPFL to the Eredivisie seems far-fetched. Campaigning for a coach solely based on winning the Nigerian league might not be the wisest choice.
Iworo,

Winning a league, even if it is the lower tier of the Nigerian league is an indication of a coaching and leadership acumen that may be far more important than someone leading a team to finish 18th in the EPL. Leadership is not only found in the 'best' environment but is manifested always in the task and the competition that one finds himself/herself and the ability to overcome the competition. Moreover, look at Finidi['s or Amuneke's playing career. These guys have played at the highest levels and better than this guy. There is no place where this guy has achieved more than Finidi or Ameneke. NONE!! It matters. If in fact this push ever comes to fruition, then the NFF is really failing Nigeria. Take that to the bank.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:53 pm
iworo wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:46 pm

Damunk

Iworo,

Winning a league, even if it is the lower tier of the Nigerian league is an indication of a coaching and leadership acumen that may be far more important than someone leading a team to finish 18th in the EPL. Leadership is not only found in the 'best' environment but is manifested always in the task and the competition that one finds himself/herself and the ability to overcome the competition. Moreover, look at Finidi['s or Amuneke's playing career. These guys have played at the highest levels and better than this guy. There is no place where this guy has achieved more than Finidi or Ameneke. NONE!! It matters. If in fact this push ever comes to fruition, then the NFF is really failing Nigeria. Take that to the bank.
I don’t really agree with you. The quality of the league is very important as well. The real question at hand is Finidi's managerial qualifications/experiences compared to other candidates. Despite the sentiment surrounding his candidacy, there's a lack of information regarding his specific managerial qualifications/experiences. It's essential to evaluate each candidate objectively. For instance, what sets Finidi apart from someone like Amuneke in terms of managerial qualifications/experiences? It's crucial to base our decisions on concrete factors rather than sentiment alone.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bret- hart wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:37 pm Nonsense post. I will take him over Finidi any day of the week. At least he won't leave a Bundesliga champion on the bench and invite bums playing in Tanzania.
KPOM X 10000
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

A quick check at his coaching profile/tactics:
•He favors 433

•He likes possession/attacking football so he must LOVE midfielders especially ball playing ones

• His winning average with Fortuna Sittard was actually decent and he made them play some good football.

• He's young, just 41? So he's definitely not a dinosaur with outdated tactics like the bums we've had.

Announce this guy already NFF.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:37 pm A quick check at his coaching profile/tactics:
•He favors 433

•He likes possession/attacking football so he must LOVE midfielders especially ball playing ones

• His winning average with Fortuna Sittard was actually decent and he made them play some good football.

• He's young, just 41? So he's definitely not a dinosaur with outdated tactics like the bums we've had.

Announce this guy already NFF.

Don't mind E2. Some Nigerians want us to be stuck in mediocrity. Imagine still wanting Finidi after the horror show in Morocco. If not this guy give it to Nsiang or Egbo. Give us a coach already so we can prepare for South Efrika.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I love this.
I will,adopt it.
I’ve been calling them Nigerian Freedom Fighters (NFF), but I prefer yours. :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:07 pm

Until the day Nigerian coaches can get the same level of access to European managers, judging merely by teams coached is wrong. And while it may annoy you, it doesn't change the fact that there is a white coach boas in Nigeria (and a few other African countries).

On the Fortuna Sittard coach, by all means he should be considered but if I were on the panel I would want to understand what he knows about African football. He might not be such a bad choice as I've just read that he likes to play intense, fast paced football. He is also young and hungry.
Aruako, what exactly is it about African football that is so unique and challenging?
Is it speed? Athleticism? Physical strength?
There is no rocket science in African football that any half decent coach cannot figure out.

If any decent coach - foreign or local - fails in Africa it will not be because of factors inherent in the game itself, but simply because he’s not good enough, or he doesn’t have good enough players, or the system is incompetent or inadequate.

Personally, I feel this ‘African factor’ is wildly overrated. It sounds good but means very little.
This African game as it seems to exist in the minds of many, has done little or nothing on the global stage.
And it’s the global stage Nigeria should be aiming at.
We need to shoot for the stars and not just the sky.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Jeez what happened to Conceicao and the field of other supposed candidates
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

greg wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:29 pm Jeez what happened to Conceicao and the field of other supposed candidates
Conceicao was just dealt with by Cameroon. he's not trying to pay nobody. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Finidi has coached in the local league. He knows the local based players. He has worked as a SE assistamt. He knows the players. Findi has won the local league. Finidi has managed two games with the SE. Finidi is obviously a better option. But it is what it is. WOWO is still a major problem in Nigeria . This guy has a losing record as a coach. But yet a guy with a below 500 record mid table Dutch league team is about to be appointed as SE coach. His first game is against Hugo Broos of South Africa. Then he is up against Rohr. Both are seasoned coaches. Ok oo

f
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:35 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:07 pm

Until the day Nigerian coaches can get the same level of access to European managers, judging merely by teams coached is wrong. And while it may annoy you, it doesn't change the fact that there is a white coach boas in Nigeria (and a few other African countries).

On the Fortuna Sittard coach, by all means he should be considered but if I were on the panel I would want to understand what he knows about African football. He might not be such a bad choice as I've just read that he likes to play intense, fast paced football. He is also young and hungry.
Aruako, what exactly is it about African football that is so unique and challenging?
Is it speed? Athleticism? Physical strength?
There is no rocket science in African football that any half decent coach cannot figure out.

If any decent coach - foreign or local - fails in Africa it will not be because of factors inherent in the game itself, but simply because he’s not good enough, or he doesn’t have good enough players, or the system is incompetent or inadequate.

Personally, I feel this ‘African factor’ is wildly overrated. It sounds good but means very little.
This African game as it seems to exist in the minds of many, has done little or nothing on the global stage.
And it’s the global stage Nigeria should be aiming at.
We need to shoot for the stars and not just the sky.
African football is more physical and unpredictable. Most of the knowledge you see on the Internet is based around Europe and Europe based players. Most of the foreign pundits did not see DRC finishing third and Morocco going out at the second round but it was no suprise to anybody that understands the game.

You can go on about global knowledge but to get a consecutive game against a non-African team you have to win in Africa first. It is almost like saying that Premier League experience is not important to a team that wants to win in Europe.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:19 pm guilty conscience don dey hold one career student. hmmmm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:43 pm Finidi has coached in the local league. He knows the local based players. He has worked as a SE assistamt. He knows the players. Findi has won the local league. Finidi has managed two games with the SE. Finidi is obviously a better option. But it is what it is. WOWO is still a major problem in Nigeria . This guy has a losing record as a coach. But yet a guy with a below 500 record mid table Dutch league team is about to be appointed as SE coach. His first game is against Hugo Broos of South Africa. Then he is up against Rohr. Both are seasoned coaches. Ok oo

f
Ohenhen1

You mention another point that may deserve its own thread i.e. what should be expected of the new manager?

That person whether a Nigerian or European MUST reside in the country and be committed to also scout locally and oversee other coaches. That should be part of his/her job. To claim all our important players are in European and thus the manager should live in Europe is no longer tenable. Europe is not a country and to scout, the manager still has to travel across borders whether residing in Europe or Africa. So why not live in Nigeria where the NT resides and numerous important NFF meetings requiring his presence shall t ake place? Enough of hiring managers who take the Nigerian position as a side job where they may travel to 7 times or so each year and for only 3-4 days each trip. Enough of that already.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Oliseh must be super pissed
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Cmoke wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:45 am Oliseh must be super pissed
Thats Oliseh’s former team (fourtuna sittad).. Didnt Oliseh get them promoted or something like that?
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Negroes.... Mandela said "untill Nigeria rises.. the black race is doomed.". its clear here oooooo... kai... what failures...
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:42 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:43 pm Finidi has coached in the local league. He knows the local based players. He has worked as a SE assistamt. He knows the players. Findi has won the local league. Finidi has managed two games with the SE. Finidi is obviously a better option. But it is what it is. WOWO is still a major problem in Nigeria . This guy has a losing record as a coach. But yet a guy with a below 500 record mid table Dutch league team is about to be appointed as SE coach. His first game is against Hugo Broos of South Africa. Then he is up against Rohr. Both are seasoned coaches. Ok oo

f
Ohenhen1

You mention another point that may deserve its own thread i.e. what should be expected of the new manager?

That person whether a Nigerian or European MUST reside in the country and be committed to also scout locally and oversee other coaches. That should be part of his/her job. To claim all our important players are in European and thus the manager should live in Europe is no longer tenable. Europe is not a country and to scout, the manager still has to travel across borders whether residing in Europe or Africa. So why not live in Nigeria where the NT resides and numerous important NFF meetings requiring his presence shall t ake place? Enough of hiring managers who take the Nigerian position as a side job where they may travel to 7 times or so each year and for only 3-4 days each trip. Enough of that already.
That is why I admire countries like China. Countries that have pride in their culture and history. Unlike Nigeria, Nigeria prefer foreign things more than local things. Some actually import frozen Pizza by flying it in. They destroyed the local refineries so that they can make it easier to smuggle oil to European refineries. Europeans will then turn around sell our own oil back to us, making a profit. The US or England will never agree to a situation where their national team coach would not live in their country. But in Nigeria it is different. The head coach don't even have to come to Nigeria until a week before the game. I even heard a rumor that they are going to London to interview coaches. The NFF is a sick joke. i Wonder why they couldn't do the interview by Zoom. Have a talent scout do the pre screening in Europe then do a 2nd interview by zoom. But instead, they want to fly several officials to London to interview coaches. I thought the NFF was broke. The same people will spend money on travel, hotel costs and etc.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Agbako wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:00 am Negroes.... Mandela said "untill Nigeria rises.. the black race is doomed.". its clear here oooooo... kai... what failures...
He meant the economy, health care, infrastructure, security and law and ordered not football. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:42 am
Ohenhen1

EII, is this a paradigm shift? Why not extend it to the Super Falcons?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim