EXCLUSIVE: Finidi out of race for new Super Eagles coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Finidi out of race for new Super Eagles coach

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Cellular wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:52 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:21 pm Why should a UEFA License be a requirement for a Nigerian coach with CAF License to coach a Nigerian team? That's like saying an SAT and GRE or GMAT should be a requirement for getting admission into a university in Nigeria. I am not making an arguing for Finidi to be the coach or not, but it's stupid for a CAF National team to make a UEFA lincense a requirement to coach the team. We would not ask a Brazilian or Argenitinian coach to provide a UEFA licence if he applied for the job. No one has asked Randy Waldrum for his UEFA lincense, yet we were begging him to re-sign with the Super Falcon.
Olayemi14 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:59 pm Agreed. However, I personally think that the license requirement across the board is needed. As long as there is a UEFA Pro license equivalent (in substance) that can be attained. Footy management should not be different from obtaining ICAN, ACCA or other professional designations.
Enugu II wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:15 am
Olayemi14 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:57 am I do not think he has the Pro license. He has the A license. Look it up on Linkedin.
Obong wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:59 am Employ Michael Nsien. Simple. He's currently an Assistant Coach with the US National team and is also the substantive Head Coach of the US u19 team. A Nigerian through and through, he was part of our Olympic team that failed to qualify for the 2004 Olympics. He has the UEFA Pro, UEFA A, and USSF A Licenses.
Olayemi,

Although I truly find no use for these licenses beyond their service as a gate, if that is the rile then that is a more legitimate reason to bar Finidi than the lousy claim that he lost a friendly.
LOL, dis my uncle sef. You make a very valid point.
He makes no sense, CAF does not require a Uefa license. The requirement is that all coaches must have a CAF license but a Uefa license is acceptable for those that do not have a CAF license. Just like a Soctor from the US doesn’t have to go to medical school in Nigeria to practice medicine in Rivers state. Onku is clueless.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The original article list the top reason against Finidi being the coach is that he does not have UEFA Pro Licence. This is what the so called NFF official said. The UEFA Pro licence is a requirement to coach the SE according to this.

A top official told SCORENigeria that besides not processing the requisite coaching badges, Finidi did not pass his audition after he was handed temporary charge for the friendlies against Ghana and Mali in Morocco last month.

“He does not have UEFA Pro license, what he has is UEFA A license,” the official began.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 pm
He makes no sense, CAF does not require a Uefa license. The requirement is that all coaches must have a CAF license but a Uefa license is acceptable for those that do not have a CAF license. Just like a Soctor from the US doesn’t have to go to medical school in Nigeria to practice medicine in Rivers state. Onku is clueless.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is the usual smear campaign. They are leaking news because they know Nigerians are going to bash them if they choose another heeyou coach over Finidi.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx