EXCLUSIVE: Finidi out of race for new Super Eagles coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Finidi out of race for new Super Eagles coach

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:03 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:41 am
Agbako wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:50 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:34 am
highbury wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:04 am So a poor audition according to the slaves means not ready. Ok I hear.

So one needs a uefa pro license to manage an African team. Ok I hear.

Why can't these slaves tell us that they are not in charge of the NFF? The slaves can hire their master for all I care. If that is their decision, I will not support the team or engage in that foolishness. This is 2024 and Nigeria still cannot make her affairs? Disgrace.
Why should there be a racial requirement for the head coach of Nigeria? Seems to me like a lot of you locos cannot articulate a case for.a Nigerian coach other than the usual slave narrative. If you can explain it then you need to study it until you know. We have plenty of reasons to hire a Nigerian but slave mentality aunt one.
I dont need to speak any man foreign language here as articulation call engrissh... yes you nigerians especially the animals in the so call glass house are slaves. Oyen Ocha..(whiteman) has beclouded their reasoning beyond their graves.

Now let me now break the news to you all other naive to the plans already ingrained in NFF. Every new Chairman will have to hire a foreign coach. It does not matter how much Nigerians cry. It does not matter if we have a Nigerian in the mold of Pep Guadiola.

Its about making money from the Salary of the hired Foreigner. This new Chairman will say " so na my time. Una won go hire a Local Coach?" Abeg commot for road.... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The best he will do to silence criticism is to find a coach -(OyenOcha) thats a bit palatable to Nigerian fans and its good night.
Lets forget this world cup my brodas.. The hand writing is already on the wall.

I dont care how talented a team you are. You can win against a team that put together with integrity all the way from the grounds crew men to tje locker room attendant. Shikennaaaaa..... Pro you feel me?. Emir K- You feel me? Cheers..

They will do all they can to qualify because the Lageeese from FIFA cant be missed. Thats all they are planning for oooo.

Do you know of any Nigerian coach that was denied the SE job only to thrive and win tournaments elsewhere? Actually, I’ll make it easier. How many of the Nigerian coaches that applied have actually had a job as a coach recently?
And your point is ? :roll:
If you can’t see his very obvious point, then you never will.
End of discussion.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

What's his record with the US teams he has coached?
Obong wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:59 am Employ Michael Nsien. Simple. He's currently an Assistant Coach with the US National team and is also the substantive Head Coach of the US u19 team. A Nigerian through and through, he was part of our Olympic team that failed to qualify for the 2004 Olympics. He has the UEFA Pro, UEFA A, and USSF A Licenses.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

If true, this is very shallow from the NFF, soulless
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

If true, this is very shallow from the NFF, soulless
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Finidi has no one to blame but HIMSELF.

For his horrific handling of those 2 friendly matches. He exposed himself as unfit for the job.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:41 am
Agbako wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:50 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:34 am
highbury wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:04 am So a poor audition according to the slaves means not ready. Ok I hear.

So one needs a uefa pro license to manage an African team. Ok I hear.

Why can't these slaves tell us that they are not in charge of the NFF? The slaves can hire their master for all I care. If that is their decision, I will not support the team or engage in that foolishness. This is 2024 and Nigeria still cannot make her affairs? Disgrace.
Why should there be a racial requirement for the head coach of Nigeria? Seems to me like a lot of you locos cannot articulate a case for.a Nigerian coach other than the usual slave narrative. If you can explain it then you need to study it until you know. We have plenty of reasons to hire a Nigerian but slave mentality aunt one.
I dont need to speak any man foreign language here as articulation call engrissh... yes you nigerians especially the animals in the so call glass house are slaves. Oyen Ocha..(whiteman) has beclouded their reasoning beyond their graves.

Now let me now break the news to you all other naive to the plans already ingrained in NFF. Every new Chairman will have to hire a foreign coach. It does not matter how much Nigerians cry. It does not matter if we have a Nigerian in the mold of Pep Guadiola.

Its about making money from the Salary of the hired Foreigner. This new Chairman will say " so na my time. Una won go hire a Local Coach?" Abeg commot for road.... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The best he will do to silence criticism is to find a coach -(OyenOcha) thats a bit palatable to Nigerian fans and its good night.
Lets forget this world cup my brodas.. The hand writing is already on the wall.

I dont care how talented a team you are. You can win against a team that put together with integrity all the way from the grounds crew men to tje locker room attendant. Shikennaaaaa..... Pro you feel me?. Emir K- You feel me? Cheers..

They will do all they can to qualify because the Lageeese from FIFA cant be missed. Thats all they are planning for oooo.

Do you know of any Nigerian coach that was denied the SE job only to thrive and win tournaments elsewhere? Actually, I’ll make it easier. How many of the Nigerian coaches that applied have actually had a job as a coach recently?
It is difficult for black coaches to get jobs in Europe and even in Africa. There are a lot of people with colomentality
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

how many friedlies did Peseiro lose before leading us to the AFCON final?
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:48 pm Finidi has no one to blame but HIMSELF.

For his horrific handling of those 2 friendly matches. He exposed himself as unfit for the job.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

1naija wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:38 am What's his record with the US teams he has coached?
Obong wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:59 am Employ Michael Nsien. Simple. He's currently an Assistant Coach with the US National team and is also the substantive Head Coach of the US u19 team. A Nigerian through and through, he was part of our Olympic team that failed to qualify for the 2004 Olympics. He has the UEFA Pro, UEFA A, and USSF A Licenses.
Overall 16–10
Bowls 0–2
oh you didn't mean Brent Venables, you meant Michael Nsien. Im so sorry brother.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Murderators .....

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :curse: :curse: :curse: :veryangry: :veryangry: :curse:
King Futcha wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:49 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:38 am What's his record with the US teams he has coached?
Overall 16–10
Bowls 0–2
oh you didn't mean Brent Venables, you meant Michael Nsien. Im so sorry brother.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

1naija wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:25 pm how many friedlies did Peseiro lose before leading us to the AFCON final?
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:48 pm Finidi has no one to blame but HIMSELF.

Notice I never mentioned anything about Finidi losing friendlies.

But carry on.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Next wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:57 pm https://scorenigeria.com.ng/exclusive-f ... les-coach/
Despite the public endorsement by former NFF president Amaju Pinnick, Finidi George is out of the reckoning for the head coach of the Super Eagles.

The odds are heavily stacked against the Enyimba coach.

A top official told SCORENigeria that besides not processing the requisite coaching badges, Finidi did not pass his audition after he was handed temporary charge for the friendlies against Ghana and Mali in Morocco last month.

“He does not have UEFA Pro license, what he has is UEFA A license,” the official began.

“His man-management during the matches in Morocco left a lot to be desired after he fell out with several of the players.

“He was also found wanting as per his decisions particularly the game against Mali when he made only two substitutions even with so many players on the bench, who did not play against Ghana.”

It will be recalled that several state FA chairmen carpeted Finidi as Eagles substantive coach after the friendlies in Morocco, where the Super Eagles beat Ghana 2-1 before they lost 2-0 to Mali.

The NFF technical committee shortlisted the former Ajax winger, who assisted Jose Peseiro at the recent 2023 AFCON, for further consideration by the Executive Committee.

The committee will meet again Tuesday in Abuja to deliberate on the appointment of a new coach for the Super Eagles.
Good riddance, if this is true. I campaigned for him before the friendlies but the friendlies showed me he has no integrity!
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Olayemi14
Egg
Egg

Post by Olayemi14 »

I do not think he has the Pro license. He has the A license. Look it up on Linkedin.
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

He will be given the moni for the stupid pro license!
Olayemi14 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:57 am I do not think he has the Pro license. He has the A license. Look it up on Linkedin.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Olayemi14 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:57 am I do not think he has the Pro license. He has the A license. Look it up on Linkedin.
Olayemi,

Although I truly find no use for these licenses beyond their service as a gate, if that is the rile then that is a more legitimate reason to bar Finidi than the lousy claim that he lost a friendly.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Olayemi14
Egg
Egg

Post by Olayemi14 »

Agreed. However, I personally think that the license requirement across the board is needed. As long as there is a UEFA Pro license equivalent (in substance) that can be attained. Footy management should not be different from obtaining ICAN, ACCA or other professional designations.
Enugu II wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:15 am
Olayemi,

Although I truly find no use for these licenses beyond their service as a gate, if that is the rile then that is a more legitimate reason to bar Finidi than the lousy claim that he lost a friendly.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Why should a UEFA License be a requirement for a Nigerian coach with CAF License to coach a Nigerian team? That's like saying an SAT and GRE or GMAT should be a requirement for getting admission into a university in Nigeria. I am not making an arguing for Finidi to be the coach or not, but it's stupid for a CAF National team to make a UEFA lincense a requirement to coach the team. We would not ask a Brazilian or Argenitinian coach to provide a UEFA licence if he applied for the job. No one has asked Randy Waldrum for his UEFA lincense, yet we were begging him to re-sign with the Super Falcon.
Olayemi14 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:59 pm Agreed. However, I personally think that the license requirement across the board is needed. As long as there is a UEFA Pro license equivalent (in substance) that can be attained. Footy management should not be different from obtaining ICAN, ACCA or other professional designations.
Olayemi,

Last edited by 1naija on Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olayemi14
Egg
Egg

Post by Olayemi14 »

Chief, I said a UEFA Pro license "equivalent" in "substance". We currently have the CAF Pro license. I am not sure how well regarded it is in the continent given that only 3 sub sahara African coaches have it i.e. Ibenge, Pitso and Cisse. Pitso confirmed this fact a couple of years ago. You can look it up on youtube. Guess what? They are among the best in the continent.

Every nation needs to define what it needs in a manager. If the UEFA A "equivalent" is what we seek, then fine. The likes of Oliseh (Pro?), Utaka, Egu (I believe) have the UEFA A. The UEFA Pro license takes almost 3 years to attain.
1naija wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:21 pm Why should a UEFA License be a requirement for a Nigerian coach with CAF License to coach a Nigerian team? That's like saying an SAT and GRE or GMAT should be a requirement for getting admission into a university in Nigeria. I am not making an arguing for Finidi to be the coach or not, but it's stupid for a CAF National team to make a UEFA lincense a requirement to coach the team. We would not ask a Brazilian or Argenitinian coach to provide a UEFA licence if he applied for the job. No one has asked Randy Waldrum for his UEFA lincense, yet we were begging him to resign with the Super Falcon.
Olayemi14 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:59 pm Agreed. However, I personally think that the license requirement across the board is needed. As long as there is a UEFA Pro license equivalent (in substance) that can be attained. Footy management should not be different from obtaining ICAN, ACCA or other professional designations.
Olayemi,

Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Olayemi,

The claim is not that he lost a friendly. The claim is that he showed lack of integrity in the prosecution of the friendly matches. Huge difference!
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Olayemi14 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:02 pm Chief, I said a UEFA Pro license "equivalent" in "substance". We currently have the CAF Pro license. I am not sure how well regarded it is in the continent given that only 3 sub sahara African coaches have it i.e. Ibenge, Pitso and Cisse. Pitso confirmed this fact a couple of years ago. You can look it up on youtube. Guess what? They are among the best in the continent.

Every nation needs to define what it needs in a manager. If the UEFA A "equivalent" is what we seek, then fine. The likes of Oliseh (Pro?), Utaka, Egu (I believe) have the UEFA A. The UEFA Pro license takes almost 3 years to attain.
1naija wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:21 pm Why should a UEFA License be a requirement for a Nigerian coach with CAF License to coach a Nigerian team? That's like saying an SAT and GRE or GMAT should be a requirement for getting admission into a university in Nigeria. I am not making an arguing for Finidi to be the coach or not, but it's stupid for a CAF National team to make a UEFA lincense a requirement to coach the team. We would not ask a Brazilian or Argenitinian coach to provide a UEFA licence if he applied for the job. No one has asked Randy Waldrum for his UEFA lincense, yet we were begging him to resign with the Super Falcon.
Olayemi,

If coaching is what you want to dedicate the rest of your life to, spending three years to obtain a license is not too steep a price to pay..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Nsien has UEFA A license and a candidate for UEFA Pro license.. He hasnt gotten it yet..

King Futcha wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:49 pm
Overall 16–10
Bowls 0–2
afc##
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

However Nsien has USSF Pro License.. I would post his resume soon..
afc##
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

fabio wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:33 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:41 am
Kpom! This is the type of argument that does justice to Nigerian coaches, the slave theory is dumb.
All these Americans pushing an inexperienced coach for the SE. Finidi is our choice.
Yes, I follow join for the Amelikkkans pushing for Coach Nsien.

He should be part of the setup either as the head coach or as part of the assistant coaches.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:21 pm Why should a UEFA License be a requirement for a Nigerian coach with CAF License to coach a Nigerian team? That's like saying an SAT and GRE or GMAT should be a requirement for getting admission into a university in Nigeria. I am not making an arguing for Finidi to be the coach or not, but it's stupid for a CAF National team to make a UEFA lincense a requirement to coach the team. We would not ask a Brazilian or Argenitinian coach to provide a UEFA licence if he applied for the job. No one has asked Randy Waldrum for his UEFA lincense, yet we were begging him to re-sign with the Super Falcon.
Olayemi,

LOL, dis my uncle sef. You make a very valid point.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!