EXCLUSIVE: Finidi out of race for new Super Eagles coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Next
Egg
Egg
EXCLUSIVE: Finidi out of race for new Super Eagles coach

Post by Next »

https://scorenigeria.com.ng/exclusive-f ... les-coach/
Despite the public endorsement by former NFF president Amaju Pinnick, Finidi George is out of the reckoning for the head coach of the Super Eagles.

The odds are heavily stacked against the Enyimba coach.

A top official told SCORENigeria that besides not processing the requisite coaching badges, Finidi did not pass his audition after he was handed temporary charge for the friendlies against Ghana and Mali in Morocco last month.

“He does not have UEFA Pro license, what he has is UEFA A license,” the official began.

“His man-management during the matches in Morocco left a lot to be desired after he fell out with several of the players.

“He was also found wanting as per his decisions particularly the game against Mali when he made only two substitutions even with so many players on the bench, who did not play against Ghana.”

It will be recalled that several state FA chairmen carpeted Finidi as Eagles substantive coach after the friendlies in Morocco, where the Super Eagles beat Ghana 2-1 before they lost 2-0 to Mali.

The NFF technical committee shortlisted the former Ajax winger, who assisted Jose Peseiro at the recent 2023 AFCON, for further consideration by the Executive Committee.

The committee will meet again Tuesday in Abuja to deliberate on the appointment of a new coach for the Super Eagles.
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Finidi out of race for new Super Eagles coach

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ohenhen go bust vein. What they did to Finidi was not right. If he didn’t qualify why were they leading him on? Btw, who in the technical committee has a pro license? Awon ole.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

One day Nigeria will get lucky. We will be lucky to get good leadership to run the NFF. A few things. You can't coach a CAF champions league game without the right coaches badges. It is okay if you don't want to hire him. But to sponsor this hit piece is too much. We need better people running the NFF. What kind of licenses do the NFF members? What makes them qualified to hold their positions? Let me remind the idiots running the NFF. They are the ones that are hiring an U17 coach one month before WWAFU B. It is now April 14th, less than 2 months before WC qualifier game. Nigeria still don't have a coach. Yet these people have the audacity to attack Finidi George.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I pray for Nigeria. I hope we can qualify. It is goin to be difficult. But anything is possible. Nigeria has the Nigerian spirit. Who is the Nigerian coach?

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Why is a UEFA license a requirement for coaching a CAF country when CAF has a licence certification?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is an obvious hit piece. It is okay don't hire Finidi. But stop the smear campaign.

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:28 pm I pray for Nigeria. I hope we can qualify. It is goin to be difficult. But anything is possible. Nigeria has the Nigerian spirit. Who is the Nigerian coach?
You're fast losing it man, calm TF down.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

So a poor audition according to the slaves means not ready. Ok I hear.

So one needs a uefa pro license to manage an African team. Ok I hear.

Why can't these slaves tell us that they are not in charge of the NFF? The slaves can hire their master for all I care. If that is their decision, I will not support the team or engage in that foolishness. This is 2024 and Nigeria still cannot manage her affairs? Disgrace.
Last edited by highbury on Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Next wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:57 pm https://scorenigeria.com.ng/exclusive-f ... les-coach/
Despite the public endorsement by former NFF president Amaju Pinnick, Finidi George is out of the reckoning for the head coach of the Super Eagles.

A top official told SCORENigeria that besides not processing the requisite coaching badges, Finidi did not pass his audition after he was handed temporary charge for the friendlies against Ghana and Mali in Morocco last month.

“He does not have UEFA Pro license, what he has is UEFA A license,” the official began.

“His man-management during the matches in Morocco left a lot to be desired after he fell out with several of the players.

“He was also found wanting as per his decisions particularly the game against Mali when he made only two substitutions even with so many players on the bench, who did not play against Ghana.”

It will be recalled that several state FA chairmen carpeted Finidi as Eagles substantive coach after the friendlies in Morocco, where the Super Eagles beat Ghana 2-1 before they lost 2-0 to Mali.

The NFF technical committee shortlisted the former Ajax winger, who assisted Jose Peseiro at the recent 2023 AFCON, for further consideration by the Executive Committee.

The committee will meet again Tuesday in Abuja to deliberate on the appointment of a new coach for the Super Eagles.
I was for Finidi but the cameo i saw was enough. Dude is not a man manager. He was with Oliseh forming clicks that destroyed a great team before the 2002 world cup. Just like Oliseh both seem to suck at man management. Good riddance ✌️
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

highbury wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:04 am So a poor audition according to the slaves means not ready. Ok I hear.

Why can't these slaves tell us that they are not in charge of the NFF? The slaves can hire their master for all I care. If that is their decision, I will not support the team or engage in that foolishness. This is 2024 and Nigeria still cannot make her affairs? Disgrace.
Why should there be a racial requirement for the head coach of Nigeria? Seems to me like a lot of you locos cannot articulate a case for.a Nigerian coach other than the usual slave narrative. If you can explain it then you need to study it until you know. We have plenty of reasons to hire a Nigerian but slave mentality aunt one.
OCCUPY NFF!!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:34 am
highbury wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:04 am So a poor audition according to the slaves means not ready. Ok I hear.

Why can't these slaves tell us that they are not in charge of the NFF? The slaves can hire their master for all I care. If that is their decision, I will not support the team or engage in that foolishness. This is 2024 and Nigeria still cannot make her affairs? Disgrace.
Why should there be a racial requirement for the head coach of Nigeria? Seems to me like a lot of you locos cannot articulate a case for.a Nigerian coach other than the usual slave narrative. If you can explain it then you need to study it until you know. We have plenty of reasons to hire a Nigerian but slave mentality aunt one.
That is it my brother. The best description is slave mentality. I don't need to concot another description. Let's be honest, we have alot of slaves in leadership. That is the truth
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ugly boy wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:05 am
Next wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:57 pm https://scorenigeria.com.ng/exclusive-f ... les-coach/

I was for Finidi but the cameo i saw was enough. Dude is not a man manager. He was with Oliseh forming clicks that destroyed a great team before the 2002 world cup. Just like Oliseh both seem to suck at man management. Good riddance ✌️
KPOM.

I was all about to support Finidi.

I would have been 100% behind him.

But in those 2 matches he showed us exactly why he should be nowhere near SE.

Glad he exposed himself before he would do us serious damage.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The narrative is important. First there is nothing about coaching that is beyond a Nigerian. Yet for years we read about appointing a European with a local to understudy the appointee. This has been on and off since the 1950s. What mentality is that? Do we have a European manning the Presidency of Nigeria or other more important positions? Is football managing beyond a Nigerian? It is plain ridiculous and it deserves calling out, not once but frequently until that mentality is extinguished. Now if infact the proponents of this mentality actually end up supporting the hiring of an indeed superior Euuropean manager, then no one would complain. However, the hiring of an average coach simply because the person is European deserves calling out. I will definitely be at the vanguard of that protest.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

I dont need to speak any man foreign language here as articulation call engrissh... yes you nigerians especially the animals in the so call glass house are slaves. Oyen Ocha..(whiteman) has beclouded their reasoning beyond their graves.

Now let me now break the news to you all other naive to the plans already ingrained in NFF. Every new Chairman will have to hire a foreign coach. It does not matter how much Nigerians cry. It does not matter if we have a Nigerian in the mold of Pep Guadiola.

Its about making money from the Salary of the hired Foreigner. This new Chairman will say " so na my time. Una won go hire a Local Coach?" Abeg commot for road.... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The best he will do to silence criticism is to find a coach -(OyenOcha) thats a bit palatable to Nigerian fans and its good night.
Lets forget this world cup my brodas.. The hand writing is already on the wall.

I dont care how talented a team you are. You can win against a team that put together with integrity all the way from the grounds crew men to tje locker room attendant. Shikennaaaaa..... Pro you feel me?. Emir K- You feel me? Cheers..

They will do all they can to qualify because the Lageeese from FIFA cant be missed. Thats all they are planning for oooo.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Agbako wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:50 am

I dont need to speak any man foreign language here as articulation call engrissh... yes you nigerians especially the animals in the so call glass house are slaves. Oyen Ocha..(whiteman) has beclouded their reasoning beyond their graves.

Now let me now break the news to you all other naive to the plans already ingrained in NFF. Every new Chairman will have to hire a foreign coach. It does not matter how much Nigerians cry. It does not matter if we have a Nigerian in the mold of Pep Guadiola.

Its about making money from the Salary of the hired Foreigner. This new Chairman will say " so na my time. Una won go hire a Local Coach?" Abeg commot for road.... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The best he will do to silence criticism is to find a coach -(OyenOcha) thats a bit palatable to Nigerian fans and its good night.

I dont care how talented a team you are. You can win against a team that put together with integrity all the way from the grounds crew men to tje locker room attendant. Shikennaaaaa..... Pro you feel me?. Emir K- You feel me? Cheers..

They will do all they can to qualify because the Lageeese from FIFA cant be missed. Thats all they are planning for oooo.
Bro, I always knew it was always about money. "Dang the Nigerian people," they said. Guess what, they get away with. Their predecessors did. With all the Europeans we have hired, how many World Cups have we won? Semifinalist or even Quarter Finalist? I am telling you we have slave leaders who are corrupt. It is always about the money.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Do you know of any Nigerian coach that was denied the SE job only to thrive and win tournaments elsewhere? Actually, I’ll make it easier. How many of the Nigerian coaches that applied have actually had a job as a coach recently?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Employ Michael Nsien. Simple. He's currently an Assistant Coach with the US National team and is also the substantive Head Coach of the US u19 team. A Nigerian through and through, he was part of our Olympic team that failed to qualify for the 2004 Olympics. He has the UEFA Pro, UEFA A, and USSF A Licenses.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:41 am

Do you know of any Nigerian coach that was denied the SE job only to thrive and win tournaments elsewhere? Actually, I’ll make it easier. How many of the Nigerian coaches that applied have actually had a job as a coach recently?
And your point is ? :roll:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Not ‘win tournaments’ but Keshi did thrive and had success outside of Nigeria, ex qualifying Togo for its first WC, a WC that Nigeria missed…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Why can't these slaves tell us that they are not in charge of the NFF? The slaves can hire their master for all I care. If that is their decision, I will not support the team or engage in that foolishness. This is 2024 and Nigeria still cannot manage her affairs? Disgrace.
The system is setup for bad people to get into leadership positions in Nigeria. One day we get lucky and luck our way into a good situation that can lead into change. Because I don't see good things. The WOWO mentality is getting out of hand.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:05 am

Not ‘win tournaments’ but Keshi did thrive and had success outside of Nigeria, ex qualifying Togo for its first WC, a WC that Nigeria missed…
And he was given the SE job after he his quality. Anybody else?
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Obong wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:59 am Employ Michael Nsien. Simple. He's currently an Assistant Coach with the US National team and is also the substantive Head Coach of the US u19 team. A Nigerian through and through, he was part of our Olympic team that failed to qualify for the 2004 Olympics. He has the UEFA Pro, UEFA A, and USSF A Licenses.
Kpom! This is the type of argument that does justice to Nigerian coaches, the slave theory is dumb.
OCCUPY NFF!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:41 am
Obong wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:59 am Employ Michael Nsien. Simple. He's currently an Assistant Coach with the US National team and is also the substantive Head Coach of the US u19 team. A Nigerian through and through, he was part of our Olympic team that failed to qualify for the 2004 Olympics. He has the UEFA Pro, UEFA A, and USSF A Licenses.
Kpom! This is the type of argument that does justice to Nigerian coaches, the slave theory is dumb.
All these Americans pushing an inexperienced coach for the SE. Finidi is our choice.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim