Conceicao, Amunike, Torrent or Buijs

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Conceicao, Amunike, Torrent or Buijs

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Looks like those are the final candidates participating in the so called Nff screening taking place at the Ritz Carlton in London. :sneaky:

If they’re the final candidates, who would you give the job to? This is only about the 4 coaches we know are still in the running not new coaches. For me, I’m more interested in who can qualify us for the WC and have the team playing the best ball at the WC. Who has the tactical knowledge, man management and overall aptitude to lead us out the tunnel vs Argentina in 26 and get a result.

Imho

1, Torrent
2, Amunike
3, Buijs
4, Conceicao

However, I believe the coach that’ll be selected is not on the list but already checked into the Ritz Carlton in London. Debate! :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Conceicao, Amunike, Torrent or Buijs

Post by ohenhen1 »

Finidi or Concalves for me.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:39 am Finidi or Concalves for me.
None of them are in the final list of candidates. Read what’s written not what you believe.
OCCUPY NFF!!
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

I also get the feeling Peseiro might not be completely out of the picture. Nobody else has yet hired him as far as I know. Could be the most logical choice if something suddenly bridges the gap between he and NFF who have a history of doing similar with Randy Waldrum.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

greg wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:35 am I also get the feeling Peseiro might not be completely out of the picture. Nobody else has yet hired him as far as I know. Could be the most logical choice if something suddenly bridges the gap between he and NFF who have a history of doing similar with Randy Waldrum.
That’s the nff. Anytin can hapun :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

They should have hired a coach in February

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Pinnick completely jinxed Finidi. :rotf:

The last thing the current NFF administration wants is influence from the last NFF chairman.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:17 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:39 am Finidi or Concalves for me.
None of them are in the final list of candidates. Read what’s written not what you believe.
:rotf: :rotf: This Emir sef. You no know Nigeria at all. Who told you Finidi is out of the race? Believe that at your own peril. Nothing else to add.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So you believed the snake oil uncle Pinnick was selling in that video? If he thought Finidi was all that, why didn't he hire him when he was in charge? I think he is practicing to run for political office, so he said what he thought people wanted to hear.
Orion wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:13 am Pinnick completely jinxed Finidi. :rotf:

The last the the current NFF administration wants is influence from the last NFF chairman.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Mininum qualification UEFA Pro license was meant to eliminate Finidi
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:16 am Looks like those are the final candidates participating in the so called Nff screening taking place at the Ritz Carlton in London. :sneaky:

If they’re the final candidates, who would you give the job to? This is only about the 4 coaches we know are still in the running not new coaches. For me, I’m more interested in who can qualify us for the WC and have the team playing the best ball at the WC. Who has the tactical knowledge, man management and overall aptitude to lead us out the tunnel vs Argentina in 26 and get a result.

Imho

1, Torrent
2, Amunike
3, Buijs
4, Conceicao

However, I believe the coach that’ll be selected is not on the list but already checked into the Ritz Carlton in London. Debate! :thumb:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cmoke wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:26 pm Mininum qualification UEFA Pro license was meant to eliminate Finidi
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:16 am Looks like those are the final candidates participating in the so called Nff screening taking place at the Ritz Carlton in London. :sneaky:

Imho

1, Torrent
2, Amunike
3, Buijs
4, Conceicao

Finidi has a Caf license. He’s a coach of a team that played in the Caf champions league, he’s fully qualified. What’s it with Nigerians and conspiracies? Not everything is a plot to bring somebody down.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Did you notread the article that claims the NFF eliminated Finidi because he did not have a UEFA Pro license? Or you just like to tok gboa gboa gboa?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:12 am
Cmoke wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:26 pm Mininum qualification UEFA Pro license was meant to eliminate Finidi

Imho

1, Torrent
2, Amunike
3, Buijs
4, Conceicao

Finidi has a Caf license. He’s a coach of a team that played in the Caf champions league, he’s fully qualified. What’s it with Nigerians and conspiracies? Not everything is a plot to bring somebody down.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Of the 4, I will go with Concecaio, mainly cause I like the way Cameroun played when he coached them.

I was hoping Finidi would get the nod tho. However, Finidi in the future needs to make better use of his bench.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Finidi or Amunike or Concalves. Concalves CV is the best among the foreign coaches.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Torent, Concecao and Buijs have not achieved anything to get the job.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:44 am Torent, Concecao and Buijs have not achieved anything to get the job.
The job posting did not require achievements to apply. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I'm hearing Conceicao will be announced on Monday
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:11 am I'm hearing Conceicao will be announced on Monday
From who? Ohenhen and Bret Fart? :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If they hire Conceao, it would be a waste of time. Nigeria is not serious. The guy is a journey man coach.
If the Colo mentality sickness is uncurable, why not go after Concalves. The guy has stayed in one place for a long time. He coached the youth team up to the Senior team of Angola. Angola played well in Afcon. And he is young.

highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:29 am If they hire Conceao, it would be a waste of time. Nigeria is not serious. The guy is a journey man coach.
If the Colo mentality sickness is uncurable, why not go after Concalves. The guy has stayed in one place for a long time. He coached the youth team up to the Senior team of Angola. Angola played well in Afcon. And he is young.
It is not only sick but it proves that these people who are in NFF will easily mortgage their country to make money. Foreign coach is equal to more money
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

highbury wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:30 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:29 am If they hire Conceao, it would be a waste of time. Nigeria is not serious. The guy is a journey man coach.
It is not only sick but it proves that these people who are in NFF will easily mortgage their country to make money. Foreign coach is equal to more money

Highbury,

Those that know KNOW. The hiring of a foreign coach is usually a money making avenue but we never knew this until the Glenn Hoddle expose years ago! It is an opportunity. You look closely at the performance data on Nigerian and foreign managers who had similar charges and enough time to manage teams and there is hardly any significant difference in the results. However, there is significant amounts paid to one type v the other and it perhaps helps us understand why one is preferred over the other. That preference is not based on results on the field but based on results in the pockets/duffle money bags of the NFF officials.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

The same people crying for a local coach will run to London just to treat malaria but criticize others who do the same. Abeg give us a correct coach jare.
OCCUPY NFF!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:01 pm The same people crying for a local coach will run to London just to treat malaria but criticize others who do the same. Abeg give us a correct coach jare.
Many of them also call for Nigeruan doctors to be better remunerated. My mum us a British citizen and she has moved to Nigeria. I don't want her to come to the UK anytime she has a headache. I want the best medical facilities available for her in Aba.