ODEGBAMI Lays Bare why a Local Manager May be the Choice this time around......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bell
Egg
Egg
Re: ODEGBAMI Lays Bare why a Local Manager May be the Choice this time around......

Post by Bell »

highbury wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:49 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:40 am
highbury wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:35 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:21 am The guy is a certified CLOWN.

"Half baked" foreign coaches

That won silver and bronze at AFCON

Yet indigenous coaches failed to qualify for the last World Cup and had our worst afcon in decades.

Previous indigenous coaches even failed to qualify for a common AFCON.

So who is actually "half baked " ?

Maybe "quarter baked" in reality.

Absolute CLOWN.
Stop shouting like a mad man. Actually you're mad man. The man is stating his opinion which he has the right to. I also agree with him. You may not agree with him but he has the right to his opinion.
You're just making a fool out of yourself. You can shout CLOWN! from the rooftop till the cows come home but it doesn't make it so.
Yeye human being!!!
You never address the legitimate points being made but resort to the same tired ad hominem attacks.
Maybe if you spent time reading my opinions alongside others who are proponents of a Nigerian coach instead of forcefully trying to impose your opinions about the necessity of having a foreign coach, maybe you will learn something or at least see it thru the lenses of others. But no, you're just obsessed trying force your opinions on others. I completely reject a foreign coach for a Nigerian team. If a local fails, we try another local coach. We must get to a point where we sink or swim on our own. Haba! Shame no dey catch you?

I'VE SAID IT BEFORE, OFTEN & NOW AGAIN

If Nigeria cannot win with a Nigerian, then they should prepare to lose with one. Fortunately, Amodu, Keshi and others have shown that this is not the case with performances with a collective performance that is not inferior to that of the journeyman imports. And that's not even factoring the shabby treatment they get compared to the foreigners.

This policy should be driven into the heads of the NFF members otherwise they'll be looking over the shoulders of the Nigerian coach and doing everything they can to undermine him in the hope they can go back to their foreign laziness.

And let the record show that if Nigeria is in a precarious position regarding WC 2026, it's because a foreign coach snagged a measly two points from certified minnows, Lesotho & Zimbabwe, instead of six. I want this on record because the advocate of foreign coaches will ignore this if NIgeria doesn't qualify. Just as they heartily ignore the fact it was the NFF that sabotaged Keshi for AFCOn 2006
Bell
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ODEGBAMI Lays Bare why a Local Manager May be the Choice this time around......

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

1naija wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:07 am Irrelevant, made up accomplishments. But to answer your question, Siasia, Kanu, JJ, Ikpeba, Amokachi, Yobo, Eguavoen, oliseh, and many more. And mind you all these players also qualified Nigeria for the World cup AND played at the world cup, IN ADDITION TO THE AFCON TITLE. Even CCC has more cred than Odegbami . He has coached Rangers, Kenya, and Nigeria since the 1980 AFCON. List something credible that has Odegbami done to improve his knowledge other than this made up, bogus, administrative positions you listed.
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:33 am
Enugu II wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:27 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:25 am OK o.
Bros, at this point these things are speculative until a week or so when it is actually announced. These are simply scheming going on behind the scenes and ultimately each one can change until the very last moment.
EII,

Quite apart from Odegbami’s very credible and plausible speculations, I believe that, on its own merit, there’s a philosophically sound argument for engaging a Nigerian coach for the SuperEagles. I made that argument in a previous thread and you can find the link to that thread below❗️

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=316725

Cheers.
What the devil are you talking about and what imaginary question are you trying to answer❓🤔❗️

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:20 am
greg wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:43 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:33 am I can also guarantee you this.

If not for the successes of Emerse Fae and Aliou Cisse, there wouldn't even be conversations of a local coach for SE.

The NFF may believe that they can emmulate the success of those 2.

But are those 2 really direct comparisons with the likes of Amunike and Finidi George ?

I beg to differ. Certainly not Finidi George.

While the likes of Fae and Cisse understand the world of football we are in TODAY. Ie they will look to strengthen their squads with foreign born players.

Finidi is looking to pimp players from Tanzania and ignore Bundesliga champions.

I guarantee you that Cisse and Fae would not have succeeded with such backwards mentality.

I can only hope Amunike is not that type, but I doubt it.
Fae and Cisse are also foreign coaches in disguise. Fae was born in France and even played for them against Femi Opabunmi's U17 team in the WC final while Cisse moved there at age 9. Skin color and local name helps to distract the issue. It's like calling Ghana's Otto Addo (who has only ever known Dortmund) an LC which defeats the whole purpose of "let's develop our own". The world has gone way too global.
Thanks for putting it in context. :thumb:
Damunk,

Nationality is based on citizenship. Both Fae and Cisse are local because they bear citizenship of the countries that they both manage. The fact that you go to Malaysia to work for 6 months does not make your Malaysian if you do not have a Malaysian passport. For instance, Ademola Lookman is NIGERIAN because he has a Nigerian passport and it matters diddly that he lives and plays his football in Europe. Jose Peseiro is NOT Nigerian and it matters diddly that he managed the Nigerian national team.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics