Advice for Coach Amunike

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Advice for Coach Amunike

Post by Tobi17 »

First of all big congrats to coach Amunike, seemed this one was destined for him with all the big shots that were pushing for his appointment, including Nigerian fans who seem to rate him. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of Amunike as I feel his last best managerial stint was at the Tanzanian national team he qualified to their historic AFCON few years back...but unlike our other indigenous coaches he seemed willing to work harder and was BUSY rather than waiting for hand-outs from the NFF. I wish him the best as he faces his biggest major task of navigating the team through the tricky WCQs.

The good news is that the spine of the team is already set...with the likes of Osimhen, Boniface, Lookman, Iwobi, Onyeka/Onyedika, Yusuf, Nathan Tella, Ekong, Bassey, and Nwabali all in form, all he has to do is FIND FEW MORE PLAYERS TO IMPROVE THAT MIDFIELD. I don't know if Amunike is a fan of midfielders, but I can vaguely guess from his U17 coaching stint that he favors attacking football with quick passing between the lines. Only thing he has to do now is scout for few more midfielders...also the likes of Ejuke should be called up...Ifeanyi Matthew and Ibrahim Olawoyin should also be looked at.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Advice for Coach Amunike

Post by Cellular »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:46 pm First of all big congrats to coach Amunike, seemed this one was destined for him with all the big shots that were pushing for his appointment, including Nigerian fans who seem to rate him. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of Amunike as I feel his last best managerial stint was at the Tanzanian national team he qualified to their historic AFCON few years back...but unlike our other indigenous coaches he seemed willing to work harder and was BUSY rather than waiting for hand-outs from the NFF. I wish him the best as he faces his biggest major task of navigating the team through the tricky WCQs.

The good news is that the spine of the team is already set...with the likes of Osimhen, Boniface, Lookman, Iwobi, Onyeka/Onyedika, Yusuf, Nathan Tella, Ekong, Bassey, and Nwabali all in form, all he has to do is FIND FEW MORE PLAYERS TO IMPROVE THAT MIDFIELD. I don't know if Amunike is a fan of midfielders, but I can vaguely guess from his U17 coaching stint that he favors attacking football with quick passing between the lines. Only thing he has to do now is scout for few more midfielders...also the likes of Ejuke should be called up...Ifeanyi Matthew and Ibrahim Olawoyin should also be looked at.
For starters, get his name right. It is AMUNEKE.

You make a lot of assumptions about coaching opportunities. You don't know if he applied and wasn't hired.
I have posted an article written by the Washington Post for people like you who think black coaches are sitting around waiting for handouts while their white counterparts are given multiple opportunities to fail. https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... diversity/
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Compared to the other candidates. Amuneke is a good selection. Finidi would have been my choice. But Amuneke is also good.

My advise to him is to write into his contract that he will be in charge of play selection. Be wary of agebts, There are a lot of agents on CE also that only care about their clients interests.

Remember you are the one that will blamed if the team don't succeed. So don't be afraid to drop players that you can't work with or don't fit your system. You can't put a round peg into a square hole.

Feelings will be hurt. They will accuse you of corruption, tribalism and etc. But stand your ground and do what you must do.

It is a difficult first two games. So my advise is to give Finidi a bigger role. Use his knowlege of the players in the first two games. Then after the first two games. Do a massive overhaul of the team. Bring in the players you want.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:20 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:46 pm First of all big congrats to coach Amunike, seemed this one was destined for him with all the big shots that were pushing for his appointment, including Nigerian fans who seem to rate him. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of Amunike as I feel his last best managerial stint was at the Tanzanian national team he qualified to their historic AFCON few years back...but unlike our other indigenous coaches he seemed willing to work harder and was BUSY rather than waiting for hand-outs from the NFF. I wish him the best as he faces his biggest major task of navigating the team through the tricky WCQs.

For starters, get his name right. It is AMUNEKE.

You make a lot of assumptions about coaching opportunities. You don't know if he applied and wasn't hired.
I have posted an article written by the Washington Post for people like you who think black coaches are sitting around waiting for handouts while their white counterparts are given multiple opportunities to fail. https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... diversity/
It is INDEED sad that people think so.

In Nigeria (as well as elsewhere), people hire their own. Is Tobi not aware of indigenous policies running rife in hiring within various states in Nigeria? Is that news? So to think it is easy for a Nigerian to be hired outside his own country is illogical. It is tough. Black ex-British footballers are sweating bullets hoping to be hired in their own country to coach something as perfunctory as football, yet you think it is easy for Nigerian to be hired outside their country? While there is existing pressure to hire based on applicants qualities rather than his/her nationality, the world is still far from a focus on non-nationalistic or similar mundane characteristic.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

WONDER HOW HE WOULD VIEW THIS ADVICE

Considering that the one dishing out the unsolicited advice is one who doesn't want him there in the first place.
Bell
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

The era of fans claiming that the coach collects money to field players is back.

Congratulations to Amuneke. I wish him the very best.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The only advice he should be given is for him to go out there and look for a job! stop conniving with his friends to cheat and steal, in order to destroy our football. There are thousands of clubs around the world - go out there and seek employment, you ekwensu leech!! :curse: :curse: :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:22 pm The only advice he should be given is for him to go out there and look for a job! stop conniving with his friends to cheat and steal, in order to destroy our football. There are thousands of clubs around the world - go out there and seek employment, you ekwensu leech!! :curse: :curse: :oops:
Do you have a club for him to coach?

Do you have friends that own clubs so you can tell them to hire Naijarians?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cellular wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:04 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:22 pm The only advice he should be given is for him to go out there and look for a job! stop conniving with his friends to cheat and steal, in order to destroy our football. There are thousands of clubs around the world - go out there and seek employment, you ekwensu leech!! :curse: :curse: :oops:

hmmmmmmmmmm it is hard out there for black coaches, this is a FACT. Take a look at CP , they had Viera, and boom went back to ROy, and today well they went for some Spanish coach
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Let him go and apply for jobs. When I was looking for a job back in the day, I didnt ask Amuneke to introduce me to his friends. I worked on my CV and applied.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:24 pm

Let him go and apply for jobs. When I was looking for a job back in the day, I didnt ask Amuneke to introduce me to his friends. I worked on my CV and applied.
You know from your perch that he has not applied for jobs? I keep referencing you people to articles written by people who interviewed black coaches and the challenges they face landing jobs. The rejections they face to the point some former players are thinking about pooling resources to buy clubs.

You are here when TXJ rightfully pointed out that most coaching jobs are not advertised. They are headhunted.
How do they do that?
In my job, we had to look at the company we used to headhunt when it was pointed out that we had a diversity issue. We realized that it was the source we used that precluded people from being hired. It wasn't a lack of qualified candidates.

Be grateful that you are in a profession that you don't have to deal with the level of lack of access.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:29 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:24 pm

You know from your perch that he has not applied for jobs? I keep referencing you people to articles written by people who interviewed black coaches and the challenges they face landing jobs. The rejections they face to the point some former players are thinking about pooling resources to buy clubs.

You are here when TXJ rightfully pointed out that most coaching jobs are not advertised. They are headhunted.
How do they do that?
In my job, we had to look at the company we used to headhunt when it was pointed out that we had a diversity issue. We realized that it was the source we used that precluded people from being hired. It wasn't a lack of qualified candidates.

Be grateful that you are in a profession that you don't have to deal with the level of lack of access.
There are 20 clubs in the NPFL, Finidi applied and got one of them. Amuneke cannot apply and get one of those jobs?????!!!! And yet, he is being selected to coach the Super Eagles? Seriously?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

P.s- my past post on CE shows my position on this matter and we are not far apart. However, I do not believe this is the case here.

Additionally, the Super Eagles cannot hire a coach who has a shocking CV because we want to be nice to him and help him. I shouldn't even be saying this.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Compared to the other coaches that were shortlisted. Amuneke had the best resume.

Amuneke played at clubs like Barcelona. He has won the U17 world cup.
He has qualified Tanzania to Afcon.

The other coaches on the list are journey men failed coaches. Don't believe me, go and look at their CVs.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:05 pm Compared to the other coaches that were shortlisted. Amuneke had the best resume.

Amuneke played at clubs like Barcelona. He has won the U17 world cup.
He has qualified Tanzania to Afcon.

The other coaches on the list are journey men failed coaches. Don't believe me, go and look at their CVs.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

In addition to ya conclusion which seems you have strong insider nose. To me nothing is wrong in using all the ammunition's in ya Arsenal to procure a job pal. Man goto do what a man goto do... inugo...nwanem?

Now the only Advise he needs is to come on board with the Greatest INTEGRITY God has given him. (After knowing he slapped a guy trying to muscle him from a player. When you are employed to coach and not as an Agent. That to me shows Amuneke is strongly suffering from why we don't like Local Coaches... CORRUPT ANIMALS TO THE CORE) I pray you are a Repentant Coach.

Plus look for a very Good Midfielder. We are behind you to win the World Cup. Yes I said it first here..
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Agbako wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:27 pm
In addition to ya conclusion which seems you have strong insider nose. To me nothing is wrong in using all the ammunition's in ya Arsenal to procure a job pal. Man goto do what a man goto do... inugo...nwanem?

Now the only Advise he needs is to come on board with the Greatest INTEGRITY God has given him. (After knowing he slapped a guy trying to muscle him from a player. When you are employed to coach and not as an Agent. That to me shows Amuneke is strongly suffering from why we don't like Local Coaches... CORRUPT ANIMALS TO THE CORE) I pray you are a Repentant Coach.

Plus look for a very Good Midfielder. We are behind you to win the World Cup. Yes I said it first here..
I forgot about this. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:30 pm
Agbako wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:27 pm

I forgot about this. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kai ...... oldboy how you go take forget that one naaahh. Thats the main qualification to advance in any job or position in National Sports Position naaahh.. He did it well and they have approved it. So he is primed for jobs like this..

Finidi needs to go do his own too to be recognized for promotion. Atleast, we are alive and still witnessing a coach caught on live video taking bribe to invite players and still gainfully employed by the Federation.

We all deh here deh speak grammar.... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: