OSAZE CALLS LOCAL COACHES PLAYER AGENTS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: OSAZE CALLS LOCAL COACHES PLAYER AGENTS

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:16 pm
Dammy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:51 pm
aruako1 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:31 pm
Dammy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:38 am
aruako1 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:15 am
Dammy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:49 am
vancity eagle wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:22 am They call us WOWO.

But is it our fault that all these local coaches are corrupt crooks. Documented as well.

Whose fault is that ?

Can we just get any coach with integrity. That is literally half the battle won right there.
That’s the crux of the matter INTEGRITY!!! Just give us a coach with integrity but we are called names for asking for that!
The black mambas just want a local coach and don’t care about integrity, and that says a lot about them.
There’s so many stories online that Amunike’s integrity or have we forgotten how Iheanacho’s father cried out after the U17 World Cup that Amunike had kidnapped his son and was trying to force him to sign a contract with Porto in exchange for a fee. The issue was discussed here but deliberate collective amnesia has taken over!
I reiterate that I do not care if the coach is black or white, I just want the best option for the SE!
Integrity is also coming up with evidence to back your claims, as Adokie did with Fortune Chukwudi. An accusation is not guilt. I have never demanded a bribe in my life even though my role in a multinational involved dealing with suppliers. But if I became a manager, Vancity will call me a crook because I am a Nigerian. And many of you will accept it hook, line and sinker.

Salisu and Siasia were caught and disciplined and I do not want them near our national teams. If anybody really feels that Amuneke is a crook, there are a few journalists that will take the information and publish it. We cannot keep tarring every Nigerian that comes forward for the role. Amuneke has not been found guilty of any corruption and there is no conclusive evidence of his corruption.
A man has not been appointed as the coach, yet his minions are all over the media announcing him as the new coach. This forced the NFF to issue a statement denying the appointment. He’s busy accepting congratulations for a position that he has not been given and doesn’t have the integrity to come out and deny the appointment.
It’s obvious they’re trying to force the appointment and one wonders why they’re so desperate? I fear for the SE if Amunike is appointed because he will be answerable to the forces that pushed his appointment. That’s how we roll in Nigeria. INTEGRITY!!
Now that is a real concern if there is undue influence in his appointment. But none of the above shows any undue influence.
Of course there is undue influence and it’s obvious. Even the National Orientation Agency (NOA) have congratulated him on a fictitious appointment on their website.
It’s like he’s being forced down the throat of the NFF by some people with vested interests.
If he gets the job, he’s already compromised and we know what that means from experience
Bros, he is just using the press to pressurise the NFF. Nothing wrong with that. The others applicants can do the same if they wish. At the end of the day, those who matter have already made their decision on who the next coach is. I suspect they are already talking figures.
TRUE WORD. Let me also add that no decision is final in Nigeria until an official announcement is made. Things change.

Consider the statement issued by highly regarded journalist Colin Udoh. He is very circumspect using the words "appears to have narrowed." Those words should be taken seriously because while he says it is narrowed between Amuneke and Finidi, he hedges on ut because he is clearly aware of the indefinite nature of the Nigerian environment.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ugly boy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:58 am
Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:32 am
ugly boy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:11 am
Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

But is it our fault that all these local coaches are corrupt crooks. Documented as well.

Whose fault is that ?

Can we just get any coach with integrity. That is literally half the battle won right there.
That’s the crux of the matter INTEGRITY!!! Just give us a coach with integrity but we are called names for asking for that!
The black mambas just want a local coach and don’t care about integrity, and that says a lot about them.
There’s so many stories online that Amunike’s integrity or have we forgotten how Iheanacho’s father cried out after the U17 World Cup that Amunike had kidnapped his son and was trying to force him to sign a contract with Porto in exchange for a fee. The issue was discussed here but deliberate collective amnesia has taken over!
I don’t think I heard of this specific story, but I do know there were a few stories that came up, at least one of which he had to come out in public to deny.
It’s just frustrating when such a high percentage of our coaches have these things hanging over their heads.
We can deny it as much as we like, but it’s like a dark shadow that shades all of us.

The same population that our politicians emerge from is the same population our NFF officials come from and, like it or not, our coaches. We can’t but have a high index of suspicion - which we are quite happy to have when we are broad-brushing corrupt government officials and the “corrupt” and “clueless” NFF. And we are quite happy to insult them quite freely.

But when it comes to our coaches, the WOWOORs suddenly become bleeding hearts and cry that we are ‘WOWOs’, discriminating against our own.
But the optics are very bad and not without reason.

Like you said, we simply want integrity across the board.
It’s not my fault that my people have a higher than average integrity problem. Not all are guilty of course but why can’t we insist on zero tolerance?
I reiterate that I do not care if the coach is black or white, I just want the best option for the SE!
For that “not caring” that you mention, the WOWOORs will call you a WOWO and give you a long lecture on the discrimination black coaches in Europe and America are experiencing at the hands of ‘The White Man’. :rotf:

Gimme a break. Na today black man dey overcome?
If I may add, what makes Amuneke the leading candidate. He just like Eguavon are NFF system guys. They are the reason for not qualifying to the last World Cup that alone should be disqualifying however he is being pushed by the same corrupt guys in NFF as if he is the best local coach available.
In all fairness, we don’t really have any more local options.
It’s a reflection of the poor state of our coaching department.
As far back as 3 yrs ago when the call for a local coach was at a crescendo, many of us asked the question, ‘Who’?

Then it was between Amuneke, Finidi, Eguavoen, Yusuf and one faceless, nameless coach “doing great things” somewhere in Nigeria.
One by one, they’ve either been eliminated or they’ve eliminated themselves.
Amuneke is the only one left. Nobody else has the kind of CV he has which, truth be told, is really not saying much.

In the land of the blind, who do they say is King? :atc:
I saw some NPFL highlights and while we are not blessed with many good coaches of Nigerian descent I refuse to believe Amuneke is a top 5 coach in Nigeria. Even Finidi we all criticized for his man management is a better coach than Amuneke
Id like to believe we have potentially great coaches in Nigeria , but until they demonstrate their ability to perform at the level expected, it’s all just feelings.
We can’t even point to an NPFL coach that season after season has demonstrated the he is head and shoulders above the rest.
If there is one, he must have the worst publicity in the world.

The SE is just too precious and means too much to too many Nigerians to play Ludo with their coach.
But that’s what we are being asked to accept by insisting on choosing from a list of local coaches who at best are described as Nigerian journeymen. Amuneke and Finidi were the last men standing.
Quite sad.
A whole Naija wey no dey carry last anywhere.

A Nigerian had a heart attack and died whilst watching the SE at the last AFCON.
That’s what it means to us.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:28 pm
ugly boy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:58 am
Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:32 am
ugly boy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:11 am

Whose fault is that ?

I don’t think I heard of this specific story, but I do know there were a few stories that came up, at least one of which he had to come out in public to deny.
It’s just frustrating when such a high percentage of our coaches have these things hanging over their heads.
We can deny it as much as we like, but it’s like a dark shadow that shades all of us.

The same population that our politicians emerge from is the same population our NFF officials come from and, like it or not, our coaches. We can’t but have a high index of suspicion - which we are quite happy to have when we are broad-brushing corrupt government officials and the “corrupt” and “clueless” NFF. And we are quite happy to insult them quite freely.

But when it comes to our coaches, the WOWOORs suddenly become bleeding hearts and cry that we are ‘WOWOs’, discriminating against our own.

It’s not my fault that my people have a higher than average integrity problem. Not all are guilty of course but why can’t we insist on zero tolerance?
For that “not caring” that you mention, the WOWOORs will call you a WOWO and give you a long lecture on the discrimination black coaches in Europe and America are experiencing at the hands of ‘The White Man’. :rotf:

If I may add, what makes Amuneke the leading candidate. He just like Eguavon are NFF system guys. They are the reason for not qualifying to the last World Cup that alone should be disqualifying however he is being pushed by the same corrupt guys in NFF as if he is the best local coach available.
In all fairness, we don’t really have any more local options.
It’s a reflection of the poor state of our coaching department.
As far back as 3 yrs ago when the call for a local coach was at a crescendo, many of us asked the question, ‘Who’?

Then it was between Amuneke, Finidi, Eguavoen, Yusuf and one faceless, nameless coach “doing great things” somewhere in Nigeria.
One by one, they’ve either been eliminated or they’ve eliminated themselves.
Amuneke is the only one left. Nobody else has the kind of CV he has which, truth be told, is really not saying much.

In the land of the blind, who do they say is King? :atc:
I saw some NPFL highlights and while we are not blessed with many good coaches of Nigerian descent I refuse to believe Amuneke is a top 5 coach in Nigeria. Even Finidi we all criticized for his man management is a better coach than Amuneke
Id like to believe we have potentially great coaches in Nigeria , but until they demonstrate their ability to perform at the level expected, it’s all just feelings.
We can’t even point to an NPFL coach that season after season has demonstrated the he is head and shoulders above the rest.
If there is one, he must have the worst publicity in the world.

The SE is just too precious and means too much to too many Nigerians to play Ludo with their coach.
But that’s what we are being asked to accept by insisting on choosing from a list of local coaches who at best are described as Nigerian journeymen. Amuneke and Finidi were the last men standing.
Quite sad.
A whole Naija wey no dey carry last anywhere.

A Nigerian had a heart attack and died whilst watching the SE at the last AFCON.
That’s what it means to us.
Damunk

You continue to write these things and consistently demonstrate that you have no clue about what goes on in the NPFL. Let me note for the umpteenth time, there are several coaches who CONSISTENTLY show that they are heads and shoulders above the rest year after year and from club to club. They exist. Simply admit that you are not aware of them and do not make effort to recall them even when they are mentioned here in multiple threads.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Whose fault is that ?

Integrity is also coming up with evidence to back your claims, as Adokie did with Fortune Chukwudi. An accusation is not guilt. I have never demanded a bribe in my life even though my role in a multinational involved dealing with suppliers. But if I became a manager, Vancity will call me a crook because I am a Nigerian. And many of you will accept it hook, line and sinker.

Salisu and Siasia were caught and disciplined and I do not want them near our national teams. If anybody really feels that Amuneke is a crook, there are a few journalists that will take the information and publish it. We cannot keep tarring every Nigerian that comes forward for the role. Amuneke has not been found guilty of any corruption and there is no conclusive evidence of his corruption.
A man has not been appointed as the coach, yet his minions are all over the media announcing him as the new coach. This forced the NFF to issue a statement denying the appointment. He’s busy accepting congratulations for a position that he has not been given and doesn’t have the integrity to come out and deny the appointment.
It’s obvious they’re trying to force the appointment and one wonders why they’re so desperate? I fear for the SE if Amunike is appointed because he will be answerable to the forces that pushed his appointment. That’s how we roll in Nigeria. INTEGRITY!!
Now that is a real concern if there is undue influence in his appointment. But none of the above shows any undue influence.
Of course there is undue influence and it’s obvious. Even the National Orientation Agency (NOA) have congratulated him on a fictitious appointment on their website.
It’s like he’s being forced down the throat of the NFF by some people with vested interests.
If he gets the job, he’s already compromised and we know what that means from experience
Bros, he is just using the press to pressurise the NFF. Nothing wrong with that. The others applicants can do the same if they wish. At the end of the day, those who matter have already made their decision on who the next coach is. I suspect they are already talking figures.
That is my view as well. In any case Amuneke is not my top choice but he should not be disparaged based on conjecture and unproven allegations. The NFF should just hire whoever they want so that we can start preparing for June.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Whose fault is that ?

Is that ethical? Would you employ someone who does that in your business? This is a new low by Amunike and his team!
I am happy
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:20 am
Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:17 am
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:39 pm There you have it. He says no to a local coach because they are ALL player agents who use SE to market their clients ahead of better players.

That right there is why I will never back a local coach, until this culture of corruption changes.

Is he lying ? I don't think so. We've seen clear evidence of this nonsense under literally every local coach.

We don't have time for this garbage in 2024.

Look at how blatant Finidi was with his bias and negligence. He wasn't even trying to hide the fact that he had a clear agenda that had nothing to do with building a strong SE.

Kudos to Osaze. Maybe he should be coach one day, nor these crooked 94 bunch.
Source please.
Owngoal.

But that article even refers to a previous statement made by him asserting the same in 2020.
So you are quoting the " Gist lover" of Nigerian football? Seriously?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

... Remember, when a certain CE alleged an unethical behaviour during the WC with a certain coach, that didn't disqualify FCs.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:59 pm

Is that ethical? Would you employ someone who does that in your business? This is a new low by Amunike and his team!
Dammy

Do you have evidence that Amuneke is involved in such a campaign, if at all it is an orchestrated campaign. Have you considered for a minute that one NFF official, with no connection to Amuneke, may be leading such a campaign? For instance, are the candidates involved in pushing any of the names being pushed on CE? Who is pushing Nsien and could Nsien be involved? Who is pushing Conceicao? Think, brother, think.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:40 pm

Dammy

Do you have evidence that Amuneke is involved in such a campaign, if at all it is an orchestrated campaign. Have you considered for a minute that one NFF official, with no connection to Amuneke, may be leading such a campaign? For instance, are the candidates involved in pushing any of the names being pushed on CE? Who is pushing Nsien and could Nsien be involved? Who is pushing Conceicao? Think, brother, think.
Abeg stop your magomago! Any decent person would have distanced himself from it.
Are any of the other candidates employing this type of tactics? This is the first time I have ever come across a person trying to force the hands of his prospective employers by using underhand and unethical practices. It says a lot about Amunike, his team and those who defend such practices on CE!
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:06 pm

Dammy

Abeg stop your magomago! Any decent person would have distanced himself from it.
Are any of the other candidates employing this type of tactics? This is the first time I have ever come across a person trying to force the hands of his prospective employers by using underhand and unethical practices. It says a lot about Amunike, his team and those who defend such practices on CE!
Dammy,

The only person who has only gone to the media to ask for the job is Nsen. Please correct me, if that is false. If Amyneke has gone to the media, then provide evidence. If not, you are simply conjecturing and rumoring. Nothing more.

TBH, I am not surprised because you do have a tendency to make conclusions, without wavering, based in your own conjecture.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm
Dammy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:06 pm

Dammy

Dammy,

The only person who has only gone to the media to ask for the job is Nsen. Please correct me, if that is false. If Amyneke has gone to the media, then provide evidence. If not, you are simply conjecturing and rumoring. Nothing more.

TBH, I am not surprised because you do have a tendency to make conclusions, without wavering, based in your own conjecture.
Why does the name “ Goebbels” keeps popping up in my mind? :lol: :lol:
I am happy
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:39 pm There you have it. He says no to a local coach because they are ALL player agents who use SE to market their clients ahead of better players.

That right there is why I will never back a local coach, until this culture of corruption changes.

Is he lying ? I don't think so. We've seen clear evidence of this nonsense under literally every local coach.

Look at how blatant Finidi was with his bias and negligence. He wasn't even trying to hide the fact that he had a clear agenda that had nothing to do with building a strong SE.

Osaze started playing for the SuperEagles in 2002. Nigeria had 3 coaches in 2002; Amodu, Onigbinde and Chukwu. When you see Osaze, you ask him which one of those three coaches used the SE to market him ahead of better players.

To be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised if Osaze said that because I perceived him to be an arrogant, self-entitled football player with an overly exaggerated sense of self-importance. I don’t think there’s another player who has cost Nigeria more victories than Osaze because of his stubborn reluctance to pass the ball to better positioned teammates🤔❗️

Cheers.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I just got off the phone with a top official of the NFF and he told me that Amunike’s team’s antics in the media upset the board and he is not being considered for the SE head coach job.
When I said any Prospective employer would be upset at what Amunike and his team were doing, some on CE felt there was nothing wrong with it!
The NFF are smart enough not to let vested interests impose a coach on them.
I am happy
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Dammy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:16 am

I just got off the phone with a top official of the NFF and he told me that Amunike’s team’s antics in the media upset the board and he is not being considered for the SE head coach job.
When I said any Prospective employer would be upset at what Amunike and his team were doing, some on CE felt there was nothing wrong with it!
Wow… so Amuneke was just using the media to force NFFs hand to hire him. On that alone he should be no where near the SE
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:27 pm

Osaze started playing for the SuperEagles in 2002. Nigeria had 3 coaches in 2002; Amodu, Onigbinde and Chukwu. When you see Osaze, you ask him which one of those three coaches used the SE to market him ahead of better players.

To be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised if Osaze said that because I perceived him to be an arrogant, self-entitled football player with an overly exaggerated sense of self-importance. I don’t think there’s another player who has cost Nigeria more victories than Osaze because of his stubborn reluctance to pass the ball to better positioned teammates🤔❗️

Cheers.
Osaze of the "Oyibo na Oyibo" fame?

He could have a point. Maybe if a foreign coach were in charge of the Eagles for the World Cup in Brazil, they wouldn't have added a player who was forced on the team and ruined team chemistry.

I like taking the word of folks with Borderline Personality Disorder as gospel.

We all know that Keshi was behind his failed move to QPR. Na Keshi way block the move as e no get im cut.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

His antics are because the process is not transparent.
These are the same tactics most people use to sway public opinion to avoid the typical backroom shenanigans that goes on during the appointment process in Naijaria.

Special interest groups are all angling to get their own guys in.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Cellular wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:32 pm
These are the same tactics most people use to sway public opinion to avoid the typical backroom shenanigans that goes on during the appointment process in Naijaria.

So why didn’t the others do the same? Its people like you that cost him the job!
I am happy
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Lolly wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:09 am

Whose fault is that ?

Was reported on CE.

viewtopic.php?p=4022489
My broa it is because of contributors like you that still keeps old foggies like me still hanging around this platform. God Bless you for doing the needful. This is how evil Nigerians will take style to deceive un-versed peeps on issues to paint evil good. Amunike is a crook coach too. But he deserve a second chance if he has repented.

Honestly you know what.... If there is ZERO tolerance of any coach involve doubling as agent. We will have none of these issues. But the one making the laws in NFF is the Super player Agents.. Now Opari... church agba sala... e don finish.... so where do we go from here.

Even the whiteman some slaves are clamoring for will also double as an agent under our nose without us having a clue,. No white coach who had coached Nigeria will clearly say they have not been a source of any new player transfer to Europe.

My word had always been INTEGRITY for any local coach to achieve. This they seem not to be able to comprehend notto talk of bringing forth,,, kai... humans...
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Dammy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:46 pm

So why didn’t the others do the same? Its people like you that cost him the job!
Chief Dammy, please, who are people like me?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Agbako wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:49 pm
My broa it is because of contributors like you that still keeps old foggies like me still hanging around this platform. God Bless you for doing the needful. This is how evil Nigerians will take style to deceive un-versed peeps on issues to paint evil good. Amunike is a crook coach too. But he deserve a second chance if he has repented.

Honestly you know what.... If there is ZERO tolerance of any coach involve doubling as agent. We will have none of these issues. But the one making the laws in NFF is the Super player Agents.. Now Opari... church agba sala... e don finish.... so where do we go from here.

Even the whiteman some slaves are clamoring for will also double as an agent under our nose without us having a clue,. No white coach who had coached Nigeria will clearly say they have not been a source of any new player transfer to Europe.

My word had always been INTEGRITY for any local coach to achieve. This they seem not to be able to comprehend notto talk of bringing forth,,, kai... humans...
Duke Udi made such allegations against Jo Bonfere. Duke's refusal cost him the opportunity to go to Atlanta '96.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Cellular wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:55 pm
Dammy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:46 pm

Chief Dammy, please, who are people like me?
Apologies, you are a good man
I am happy