Sports Minister In Talks With Peseiro Over Super Eagles Return

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Sports Minister In Talks With Peseiro Over Super Eagles Return

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://ait.live/sports-minister-in-tal ... e_vignette

Sports Minister, John Enoh has held talks with former Super Eagles head coach, Jose Peseiro over a possible return to the team.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sports Minister In Talks With Peseiro Over Super Eagles Return

Post by fabio »

This is a joke.

The man left you stranded, believing he would get a another job. No club or country was willing to take him. Yet, you go back to begging him.

God forbid bad thing.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

This is not good news. And why is the Sports Minister doing the begging?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:45 pm This is not good news. And why is the Sports Minister doing the begging?
Lolly

Excellent observation....Kai, na Sports Minister dey negotiate. Na Minister of football wey I'm be? Na waaa oooo.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:02 pm https://ait.live/sports-minister-in-tal ... e_vignette

Sports Minister, John Enoh has held talks with former Super Eagles head coach, Jose Peseiro over a possible return to the team.
Bigpork, why are you duplicating a thread I created about Yeyesero? Na WA for you 😆
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:39 pm
Lolly wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:45 pm This is not good news. And why is the Sports Minister doing the begging?
Lolly

Excellent observation....Kai, na Sports Minister dey negotiate. Na Minister of football wey I'm be? Na waaa oooo.
...make I no call am racism, na stupidity. Our people got no shame.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

How much lower can these idiots go? a useless wandering coach who got rejected by the FA's he went begging a job for is whom these house negros are shamelessly negotiating with?

Kai! Now I miss pinnick.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is a stupid idea. But at this point let them make a decision. I will support the team even if i know it is an idiotic idea. Wish the team well.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Never a good idea to bring a coach back who is no longer interested in the team.

At this point, I would prefer Amunike over Peseiro.

BTW, his name changed again???

Amunike > Amuneke > Amunike.

I always remembered the dude as Amunike. But a few years back, when he was coach of Tanzania, it became Amuneke and we were all being corrected. Now it's back to Amunike. Na wao!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Amunike
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Orion wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:17 pm Never a good idea to bring a coach back who is no longer interested in the team.

By the why, his name changed again???

I always remembered the dude as Amunike. But a few years back, when he was coach of Tanzania, it became Amuneke and we were all being corrected. Now it's back to Amunike. Na wao!

H never said he wasn’t interested in coming back to SE, his main issue was money. He wanted $90k and they offered the same contract he already had before so he walked. If they come to terms on $ then he has the right to change his mind. After all, he earned it.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:30 am
Orion wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:17 pm Never a good idea to bring a coach back who is no longer interested in the team.

By the why, his name changed again???

H never said he wasn’t interested in coming back to SE, his main issue was money. He wanted $90k and they offered the same contract he already had before so he walked. If they come to terms on $ then he has the right to change his mind. After all, he earned it.
What about the 7 jobs offers your lord and personal savior had? None of them offered him the $90k? :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

FORWARDED:
*Rejoinder*

We have been made aware of some news circulating in certain media channels about the Honourable Minister of Sports Development, Senator John Owan Enoh, supposedly in advanced talks with José Peseiro for a potential return as Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria. We want to clarify that this news is entirely false and has been fabricated to create sensation.

The Sports Minister, Senator John Owan Enoh, does not interfere or influence critical decisions of the federations, particularly in this case, the NFF. He operates with utmost decorum and ensures that the federations meet the required expectations and standards in the discharge of their duties.

The Honourable Minister of Sports is committed to ensuring that the sports sector in Nigeria achieves monumental success under the Renewed Hope Agenda. Therefore, we urge Nigerians who love sports , critical stakeholders, including the media, to continue supporting the Federal Ministry of Sports Development and disregard this false news.

All updates from the Ministry of Sports Development and the Federations will be communicated through authorized and appropriate channels .

Signed :

Diana Mary Nsan
SA Media
To the Honourable Minister of Sports Development.

25-4-2024
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

You have to blame NFF media department for leaving the country in a void of spectacular suspenseful silence. Of course fake news is bound to fill it.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

greg wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:13 am You have to blame NFF media department for leaving the country in a void of spectacular suspenseful silence. Of course fake news is bound to fill it.
That is correct! That is a testament to their sheer incompetence. If NFF had told the people when the coach would have been announced, noone would have been hoodwinked by the lies. It was the minister who was telling us that he gave NFF 2 weeks to announce a coach.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

greg wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:13 am You have to blame NFF media department for leaving the country in a void of spectacular suspenseful silence. Of course fake news is bound to fill it.
The reality on ground is that the Nigerians who make it to positions of power are not good managers. Where else in the would a Gassau be a chairman if a major football country but Nigeria? This Nff is yet to articulate a goal, roadmap or the big picture of their federation other than to win the next game. This is why some of are skeptical of anything managed by Nigerians. People might not like Peissiero but he said on day 1 that his goal was to Afcon. He fumbled initially but came 2nd at Afcon. What is Gassau’s mission?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:20 am
The reality on ground is that the Nigerians who make it to positions of power are not good managers. Where else in the would a Gassau be a chairman if a major football country but Nigeria? This Nff is yet to articulate a goal, roadmap or the big picture of their federation other than to win the next game. This is why some of are skeptical of anything managed by Nigerians. People might not like Peissiero but he said on day 1 that his goal was to Afcon. He fumbled initially but came 2nd at Afcon. What is Gassau’s mission?
Emir

Remember, Gusau is NFF President and Peseiro was Suoer Eagles manager. Two different positions with differing media attention. There is no way Gusau did not present a road map. Remember, he campaigned and a campaign manifesto always indicates goals. You will have to locate such manifesto and then check whether he is following it.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I see you do not want to speak aout the 7 job offers your lord and personal savior received in February :D
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:53 am
Emir

Remember, Gusau is NFF President and Peseiro was Suoer Eagles manager. Two different positions with differing media attention. There is no way Gusau did not present a road map. Remember, he campaigned and a campaign manifesto always indicates goals. You will have to locate such manifesto and then check whether he is following it.
You really believe that? Does it look like Gassau's nff is working on any plan for the future of any our teams? How many Federations that have a legit hope of qualifying for the WC do not have a coach 5 weeks before the most important qualifying game?

Gassau already believes that qualification can only be attained if God wants it for Nigeria. He doesn't believe the players or coaches matter much.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The NFF want another failed journey mercenary coach but they want the sports ministry to pay for it. The sports minister and other sponsoers are refusing. That is why there is a delay and it looks like it will be a co coach scenario involving Finidi and Amuneke.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If I owned a Nigerian company. I too wouldn't want to sponsor a failed foreign journey man coach. It will negatively impact my company. Sports Minister will get backlash from the public.

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

But is the rumor or news true at all? To me, I think it can't be true
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.