Do you really care who the coach is

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Do you really care who the coach is

Post by ohenhen1 »

WOWO sounds like oops or error in Yoruba language. It is a beffiting desrciption. I don't know about hyou but I don't believe in discrimination. I want the best coach for Nigeria. Why must a Nigerian ever asay they will never consider a local coach. A lot of people need self reflection. The most popolous black nation on the planet have officials that say they will never consider a black man to coach a black nation. If I have the opportunity to get on one of the new stations this is exactly what I would say to them. I think the WOWO syndrome is a long term brainwashing campaign led by western corporate news media. After decades of labeling Africa as the dark continent. Some Africfans usually the uneducated ones act against their own interests. There were Nigerians that actually believed CNN reports about their own soldiers fighting Boko Haram. Many were repeating the same nonsense on this site.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:44 am
Damunk wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:36 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:51 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:15 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:00 pm Oga that was all I was saying oh before they came with the predicable "he only wants local coaches" talk. I consider the late Maurice Cooreman to have had a much better understanding of Nigerian football than most, and he was Belgian. Cooreman would not have lived outside Nigeria to visit only when we have a game. Pitso and Goncalves wouldn't either.

A lot of the talk now has become predictable binary. Once I ask for local managers to be treated equally, the usual suspects swarm to call me a foreign coach hater. The NFF is the main culprit for all the mess we have had recently, not Rohr, not Eguavoen, not Peseiro and not Finidi.
Can you name these people, (‘they’), apart from possibly Van City?
Are you sure you are not personally taking on board the criticisms of others? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
That you share some common viewpoints with others by no means suggests a general attack is an attack on you.

I honestly have no awareness of anyone accusing YOU of being a FC ‘hater’ when you have made it quite clear that one of your choices for the job is a foreigner.
And I feel I am one of maybe two that have taken you on wrt the ‘African football’ concept, and you are by no means the first.
Yours is even very recent. I will try look for the thread I have in mind.

On the equal treatment, the board is pretty unanimous on that, so I am not sure why you feel attacked.
Maybe the dispute is on timing?
Because I and many others believe that the brazenly unfair treatment is fast becoming history and goes back more than ten years.
That might be the issue, not the concept of equal treatment.
On this very thread, comments had equated "understanding African football" with "hating white coaches". One or two of them responded to me directly. I do not see this unanimity on equal treatment - you have people arguing that allegations of unequal treatment is a fantasy.
There must be a disconnect somewhere because what. I explained earlier is what I am seeing.
But then they say you see what you see and don’t see what you don’t want to see.
So, I will go back and look for where the unequal treatment in recent times is debated.

I do know that people are refusing to recognise that:
1. Local coaches from the Keshi era (and now it’s been pointed out, even before that with Siasia) our local coaches have been paid pretty handsomely.
2. Foreign coaches have been paid more, but with claims they were paid “5x more” and even claims that local coaches were paid only “N1m”, which we know are both NOT TRUE.Yet people will run with it to suit there ‘local’ agenda. I recall you preferred to believe Mr “5x” Oliseh and Mr “N1m” Siasia. The evidence does not back up their claims from reports available online.
3. Rohr was responsible for paying his assistants from his salary. Keshi wasn’t as far as we know. So who was really paid more?
4. Lagerback asked for (and as far as I know, never got) a ridiculous amount ($300k) which Siasia called out and asked to be paid about one third of that, which he too never got. But it appears he was paid even more than Keshi.
5. ALL coaches were disrespected by being owed salaries. That’s just not on. Being in a foreign country def does not help. Being owed in your own country might be marginally ‘better’, for want of a better word for a thoroughly ridiculous situation.
6. Peseiro is certified to have been paid a certain amount which isn’t really in dispute.

Ultimately Aruako, it’s pretty obvious the we all ultimately want the same thing - the best outcome for the SE.
We simply differ on how best to attain it.
I just don’t understand why some people have to insult -either directly or by innuendo - those with opinions that differ.

Damunk,

Let me ask you this: If an FC chooses to use his 20% of wages (e.g. 20% of $80,000) to pay assistants, does that mean that the FC's wages were 20% less than $80,000? Bros, in all accounting cases the wage of the FC is STILL $80,000. What he decides to do with his $80,000 is his problem. Let's be clear rather and NOT attempt to muddle things. The NFF appoints assistants to SE managers but most FCs choose to hire, IN ADDITION, their own assistants from their own wagers. Only one LC did this (e.g. Keshi with his assistant from Benin Republic?). You are, however, erroneously claiming that the FC's wages are not really the $80,000 (an example above) but should be less the FC's assistant's pay? Not so?

I want to make that clear because you continue to claim that LC's wages have been similar with those paid to FCs. That is just not factual. Siasia, Keshi, and Oliseh ALL have pointed out this anomaly. Yet, you insist that you are correct and that they are not? Bros, there is no way you are more credible on this above these managers who actually receive the pay. While not all persons can be truthful on wage issues...... but all three of them?.... lying? Bros, I just cannot believe your version.

BTW, click on the link here https://guardian.ng/news/lawmakers-to-n ... ign-coach/, recently, from Nigerian legislators. Note their stated reasons for supporting the hiring of an LC. They specifically cite wages difference. Are they also lying?
You are an encyclopaedia of Nigerian football yet up till now you have not provided any facts to back up your claim.

Now, kindly tell how much Keshi, Susia and Oliseh were paid for the SE job. Educate us.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Damunk wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:36 pm There must be a disconnect somewhere because what. I explained earlier is what I am seeing.
But then they say you see what you see and don’t see what you don’t want to see.
So, I will go back and look for where the unequal treatment in recent times is debated.

1. Local coaches from the Keshi era (and now it’s been pointed out, even before that with Siasia) our local coaches have been paid pretty handsomely.
2. Foreign coaches have been paid more, but with claims they were paid “5x more” and even claims that local coaches were paid only “N1m”, which we know are both NOT TRUE.Yet people will run with it to suit there ‘local’ agenda. I recall you preferred to believe Mr “5x” Oliseh and Mr “N1m” Siasia. The evidence does not back up their claims from reports available online.
3. Rohr was responsible for paying his assistants from his salary. Keshi wasn’t as far as we know. So who was really paid more?
4. Lagerback asked for (and as far as I know, never got) a ridiculous amount ($300k) which Siasia called out and asked to be paid about one third of that, which he too never got. But it appears he was paid even more than Keshi.
5. ALL coaches were disrespected by being owed salaries. That’s just not on. Being in a foreign country def does not help. Being owed in your own country might be marginally ‘better’, for want of a better word for a thoroughly ridiculous situation.
6. Peseiro is certified to have been paid a certain amount which isn’t really in dispute.

Ultimately Aruako, it’s pretty obvious the we all ultimately want the same thing - the best outcome for the SE.
I just don’t understand why some people have to insult -either directly or by innuendo - those with opinions that differ.

Damunk,

Let me ask you this: If an FC chooses to use his 20% of wages (e.g. 20% of $80,000) to pay assistants, does that mean that the FC's wages were 20% less than $80,000? Bros, in all accounting cases the wage of the FC is STILL $80,000. What he decides to do with his $80,000 is his problem. Let's be clear rather and NOT attempt to muddle things. The NFF appoints assistants to SE managers but most FCs choose to hire, IN ADDITION, their own assistants from their own wagers. Only one LC did this (e.g. Keshi with his assistant from Benin Republic?). You are, however, erroneously claiming that the FC's wages are not really the $80,000 (an example above) but should be less the FC's assistant's pay? Not so?

I want to make that clear because you continue to claim that LC's wages have been similar with those paid to FCs. That is just not factual. Siasia, Keshi, and Oliseh ALL have pointed out this anomaly. Yet, you insist that you are correct and that they are not? Bros, there is no way you are more credible on this above these managers who actually receive the pay. While not all persons can be truthful on wage issues...... but all three of them?.... lying? Bros, I just cannot believe your version.

BTW, click on the link here https://guardian.ng/news/lawmakers-to-n ... ign-coach/, recently, from Nigerian legislators. Note their stated reasons for supporting the hiring of an LC. They specifically cite wages difference. Are they also lying?
Please where did you get the $80k from?
Is this just for illustrative purposes? Because it sure reads like you are suggesting some Johnny Foreigner coach of ours was paid that amount/month.
If so, who?
If not, why use $80k and not something real like $55k or even $45k which are documented?

I also notice you are silent on the “5x” claim and the more recent “N1m” claim. I mentioned them but you chose to address the “assistants” issue alone, using a fictitious $80k example.

On that issue, I am not sure what your take is on a coach insisting on having their own assistants wherever they go, but it seems to me that it is the normal practise worldwide. You need to tell us your take on whether it is a reasonable expectation for a coach to choose his own assistants and whether those assistants should be paid or not.

We can start from there.

And here is a thread you started yourself, with salaries quoted. Nothing about “$80k”, which is very misleading but hopefully not deliberately so.

viewtopic.php?t=310734
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:55 am

You are an encyclopaedia of Nigerian football yet up till now you have not provided any facts to back up your claim.

Now, kindly tell how much Keshi, Susia and Oliseh were paid for the SE job. Educate us.
They were paid “N1m” and “5x less than Rohr”
Na Oliseh and Siasia talk am and he’s sticking with it!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:55 am

Damunk,

You may want to read the post again. The 80K was clearly mentioned as an example and 20k as an example. It never claims a specific manager was paid the amount. Ut simply illustrates what likely leads to your misinterpretation and your claim that both FCs and ICs are paid similarly. The fact that the impacted managers claim otherwise ought to tell you something. Even the Nigerian legislators support that claim with their recent statement. A link was provides.

The question is: based on those do you still stand by your claim that FCs and ICs are paid similarly. Could your address that singularly question? Please do not avoid. Let me be sure where you stand on remuneration. Is there a difference or not?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:01 am
Damunk wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:55 am

Damunk,

You may want to read the post again. The 80K was clearly mentioned as an example and 20k as an example. It never claims a specific manager was paid the amount. Ut simply illustrates what likely leads to your misinterpretation and your claim that both FCs and ICs are paid similarly. The fact that the impacted managers claim otherwise ought to tell you something. Even the Nigerian legislators support that claim with their recent statement. A link was provides.

The question is: based on those do you still stand by your claim that FCs and ICs are paid similarly. Could your address that singularly question? Please do not avoid. Let me be sure where you stand on remuneration. Is there a difference or not?
EII.

You ought to know by now that Damunk never addresses the issues. He prefers to respond with more untruths and insults punctuated with smilies and hopes that obfuscates the issue❗️

Cheers.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:00 pm Oga that was all I was saying oh before they came with the predicable "he only wants local coaches" talk. I consider the late Maurice Cooreman to have had a much better understanding of Nigerian football than most, and he was Belgian. Cooreman would not have lived outside Nigeria to visit only when we have a game. Pitso and Goncalves wouldn't either.

A lot of the talk now has become predictable binary. Once I ask for local managers to be treated equally, the usual suspects swarm to call me a foreign coach hater. The NFF is the main culprit for all the mess we have had recently, not Rohr, not Eguavoen, not Peseiro and not Finidi.
Are you sure you are not personally taking on board the criticisms of others? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
That you share some common viewpoints with others by no means suggests a general attack is an attack on you.

I honestly have no awareness of anyone accusing YOU of being a FC ‘hater’ when you have made it quite clear that one of your choices for the job is a foreigner.
And I feel I am one of maybe two that have taken you on wrt the ‘African football’ concept, and you are by no means the first.

On the equal treatment, the board is pretty unanimous on that, so I am not sure why you feel attacked.
Because I and many others believe that the brazenly unfair treatment is fast becoming history and goes back more than ten years.
On this very thread, comments had equated "understanding African football" with "hating white coaches". One or two of them responded to me directly. I do not see this unanimity on equal treatment - you have people arguing that allegations of unequal treatment is a fantasy.
There must be a disconnect somewhere because what. I explained earlier is what I am seeing.

Damunk,

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:47 am

Damunk,

Lolly

I am not in the room when these contract agreements are reached. Neither are many CE contributors, as fa we as I am aware.

The only facts you and I or any other CE contributor may rely on are those put forward by specifically those in the ROOM. Not so?

Well, what do you then call Siasia, Oliseh, and Keshi who had been cired here? Do you or any of us claim to be in better position than any of those? Let us.

To me, I will take their words given that it isn't just one guy but by several insiders. Their quotes have been provides by others already. Moreover, Nigerian legislators who deal specifically on sports matters have supported that viewpoint. I really consider it unnecessary to continue to argue against these insiders.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:09 pm
Damunk,

Lolly

I am not in the room when these contract agreements are reached. Neither are many CE contributors, as fa we as I am aware.

The only facts you and I or any other CE contributor may rely on are those put forward by specifically those in the ROOM. Not so?

Well, what do you then call Siasia, Oliseh, and Keshi who had been cired here? Do you or any of us claim to be in better position than any of those? Let us.

To me, I will take their words given that it isn't just one guy but by several insiders. Their quotes have been provides by others already. Moreover, Nigerian legislators who deal specifically on sports matters have supported that viewpoint. I really consider it unnecessary to continue to argue against these insiders.
Ok. Let’s start with Keshi.

You posted a link that reported Keshi earning N5m per month in his first contract and that he would not accept the the same N5m per month on the new contract. Can we conclude that the figures are correct?

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:20 pm
Damunk,

Lolly

You posted a link that reported Keshi earning N5m per month in his first contract and that he would not accept the the same N5m per month on the new contract. Can we conclude that the figures are correct?

Lolly,

This should be straight forward, bro. This really should not be up for debate. I am truly amazed given the statements made by those close to it. Is there a contrary opinion that you can cite? Please do so. The difference is really in-between the lines i.e. reading the fact that FCs claim that they have to pay their assistants from their wages. However, NFF appoints assistants and pays one salary to all coaches. If a coach decides to divvy up his/her pay among other coaches or cooks or whatever, that is their problem. That is really the difference. What we are comparing is what the NFF agrees to pay the coaches. How those coaches decide to divvy up their money is none of our concern. After all, the NFF appoints assistant coaches.

Nevertheless, here are the wages as well as the sources for the figures that I provide.

Gernot Rohr .......... $55,000/monthly (rernewal i.e paycut).......https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/ ... gles-coach

Jose Peseiro .......$70,000/monthly (initial contract)......https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/05/pes ... %20Eagles.

Stephen Keshi....... $25,000/monthly......https://www.thenationalnews.com/sport/k ... ry-1.88675

Sunday Oliseh...... $25,000/monthly (converted using exchange rate 2015).....https://nairametrics.com/2015/09/15/see ... president.

I hope you do realize that there is a decided difference in $55,000/$70,000 monthly when compared to $25,000 monthly as exemplified in the posted stories and the sources of the stories. In my view, it is frankly surprising that there is even a debate on this issue. The impacted individuals have spoken out.. It is not simply one of them but three! And then the legislators have also spoken out. Do you claim to have better facts than those directed impacted?

Look, you might even have an argument as Txj once attempted i.e. that there ought to be a difference because a manager is working overseas. But even that, I do not buy... But to argue that there is no difference in the compensation is simply shocking especially when the impacted have provided these figures and the legislators have alluded to the difference as a reason for currently seeking to hire locally.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:59 pm ..or whether he is foreign or local, if we are winning? I don't and can't imagine any of you caring either, unless you ain't got a job for real, for real.

And don't give me that nonsense about we need to develop local coaches, because none of you give a rat's azz about them.

If you do, state your reason(s).
SMDH! :roll:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:06 pm
Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:20 pm
Damunk,

Lolly

Lolly,

This should be straight forward, bro. This really should not be up for debate. I am truly amazed given the statements made by those close to it. Is there a contrary opinion that you can cite? Please do so. The difference is really in-between the lines i.e. reading the fact that FCs claim that they have to pay their assistants from their wages. However, NFF appoints assistants and pays one salary to all coaches. If a coach decides to divvy up his/her pay among other coaches or cooks or whatever, that is their problem. That is really the difference. What we are comparing is what the NFF agrees to pay the coaches. How those coaches decide to divvy up their money is none of our concern. After all, the NFF appoints assistant coaches.

Nevertheless, here are the wages as well as the sources for the figures that I provide.

Gernot Rohr .......... $55,000/monthly (rernewal i.e paycut).......https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/ ... gles-coach

Jose Peseiro .......$70,000/monthly (initial contract)......https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/05/pes ... %20Eagles.

Stephen Keshi....... $25,000/monthly......https://www.thenationalnews.com/sport/k ... ry-1.88675

Sunday Oliseh...... $25,000/monthly (converted using exchange rate 2015).....https://nairametrics.com/2015/09/15/see ... president.

I hope you do realize that there is a decided difference in $55,000/$70,000 monthly when compared to $25,000 monthly as exemplified in the posted stories and the sources of the stories. In my view, it is frankly surprising that there is even a debate on this issue. The impacted individuals have spoken out.. It is not simply one of them but three! And then the legislators have also spoken out. Do you claim to have better facts than those directed impacted?

Look, you might even have an argument as Txj once attempted i.e. that there ought to be a difference because a manager is working overseas. But even that, I do not buy... But to argue that there is no difference in the compensation is simply shocking especially when the impacted have provided these figures and the legislators have alluded to the difference as a reason for currently seeking to hire locally.
At least we are getting somewhere now. But let’s leave out the supporting arguments for now. I must want us to focus on the salaries paid to each coach first.

Now, kindly explain to us how you came about the $25,000 for Keshi. His first contract kicked off in 2011 and it was N5m per month. So which exchange rate did you use to arrive at $25,000?

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

:rotf: Do you need a darker font?
Cellular wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:47 pm
1naija wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:59 pm ..or whether he is foreign or local, if we are winning? I don't and can't imagine any of you caring either, unless you ain't got a job for real, for real.

And don't give me that nonsense about we need to develop local coaches, because none of you give a rat's azz about them.

If you do, state your reason(s).
SMDH! :roll:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.