OFFICIAL & BREAKING: NFF Finally Announces Finidi as Eagles Manager......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: OFFICIAL & BREAKING: NFF Finally Announces Finidi as Eagles Manager......

Post by highbury »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:31 pm your post donot trigger me ... real talk , I just find it funny you lose it when the bobo post some stuff that are vexing you
highbury wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:34 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:10 pm you are so obsessed with him, that's why you get easily triggered by him. the amount of energy you spend on his rants is why the bobo keeps coming back to troll you some more. stop wasting your time with him . Laugh and move on
highbury wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Cellular wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:55 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:35 pm Who had leverage to demand more? Finidi with all his investments in Port Harcourt and his recent job as assitant to Peseiro and current job as Eyimba head coach, or Amuneke whose last job was as assistant to Eguavoen in January 2022?
delisyomie don wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:28 pm

What they offer finidi is probably too small for Amunike,amunike probably puts down more than 50,000 dollars a month and NFF IS OFFERING OR PAYING around 20,000 TO 30,000 USA dollars OR EQUAVILENT. TO FINIDI.
I like that the NFF brass didn't reward Amuneke for being ideal while waiting for a Super Eagles job or a national team coaching job to open up.

I presume there will be an opening at Enyimba. He should apply for the job. Heartland is going to be relegated. He should get his hands dirty and coach an NPFL team that contends for the league title year in and year out since Finidi took over.

Like Danfo Driver, I am tied of coaches seeking handouts.

Go and demonstrate your ability.
Vancity is the most dishonest CE member I have ever seen. I will listen to every CE member if they have a different opinion from mine. Not Vancity. This dude is so stubbornly dishonest that if you present evidence before him, he wouldn't bulge but rather chose to believe a lie and spread it vociferously.
Every word VE spews is laced with an agenda with the sole intention of propagating only one viewpoint.
Oh yes he triggers me just like my post triggers you, be honest. You can't help yourself. I really detest people who intentionally try to deceive to propagate their viewpoint.
So you sef don dey lie :D
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:03 pm This is how you earn the job as a local . They should all take the blue-print of Finidi ( who did it the hard way and won the LEague Title after 4 years of winning nada. Today Rangers and their new suits wan spoil market

DEPRESSING VIDEO

Where the heck are the fans? How do they make money? League is due for major reforms.
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:55 pm I like that the NFF brass didn't reward Amuneke for being ideal while waiting for a Super Eagles job or a national team coaching job to open up.

I presume there will be an opening at Enyimba. He should apply for the job. Heartland is going to be relegated. He should get his hands dirty and coach an NPFL team that contends for the league title year in and year out since Finidi took over.

Like Danfo Driver, I am tired of coaches seeking handouts.

KPOM.
This is what we have been saying all along. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:09 pm See absolute nonsense.

Both Peseiro and Rohr LOST HOME GAMES, yet still qualified the team from the group stages of world cup and nations cup respectively. (CAR and Guinea Bissau) Rohr also lost 3 points on a technicality IN A GROUP OF DEATH, and still qualified us. (Algeria) This was all done in 4 team groups where the margin for error is even less.

We are in a 6 team group and we haven't lost a match.

I repeat there is nothing that any capable coach cannot EASILY overcome.

Yall are scared because you know your man was not chosen on merit.

NO EXCUSES.

They did so
This is a coach they say was so “useless”, they can’t pronounce his name. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
So if Finidi was in that same position nko?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Cellular wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:55 pm I like that the NFF brass didn't reward Amuneke for being ideal while waiting for a Super Eagles job or a national team coaching job to open up.

Like Danfo Driver, I am tired of coaches seeking handouts.

Vancity is the most dishonest CE member I have ever seen. I will listen to every CE member if they have a different opinion from mine. Not Vancity. This dude is so stubbornly dishonest
that if you present evidence before him, he wouldn't bulge but rather chose to believe a lie and spread it vociferously.
Every word VE spews is laced with an agenda with the sole intention of propagating only one viewpoint.
You call him dishonest but right here you are being dishonest.

You don’t have a record of “listening to different opinions”
Are you not the one who calls such people “slaves” and “WOWOs”?
Is that “listening to different opinions?? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

VanCity is very abrasive, wears his heart on his sleeve and is unrelenting. He can often be wrong, just like you or I or anybody. But he doesn’t “lie” in the blatant way you are suggesting. That’s your personal agenda with him.
He triggers you so much that you can’t see some of the very valid arguments he makes quite regularly.
He triggers you so much that you have been pushing the “lie” that he is “not Nigerian”.
See? Are you a liar too? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Nobody buys that one anyway. Might as well drop it.

VanCity is simply a formidable foe for your that you don’t seem able to subdue. Not my favourite person but I agree or disagree with him depending on the points he makes, not simply because of his name or personality.

Like Bigporkey said, just ignore him.
He is driving you nuts. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Both Peseiro and Rohr LOST HOME GAMES, yet still qualified the team from the group stages of world cup and nations cup respectively. (CAR and Guinea Bissau) Rohr also lost 3 points on a technicality IN A GROUP OF DEATH, and still qualified us. (Algeria) This was all done in 4 team groups where the margin for error is even less.

NO EXCUSES.

They did so
The excuses started coming out as soon as we got the initial (false) reports that Amunike was about to be appointed. The excuses have now ramped up with Finidi's appointment.

They're already saying we're in dire straits because we drew ONE home game in a group with Rwanda and South Africa. No, not Cameroon, CIV, Algeria, Morocco, or Egypt.

Rohr lost at home to CAR and STILL had the luxury of drawing his last game of the group at home to top the group.

Rohr lost at home to South Africa and still topped the group for the AFCON qualifiers.

Peseiro lost at home and still topped the group for the AFCON qualifiers.

And these people are already complaining because we drew one match at home in a group with 6 teams and 8 remaining games?!

They are shaking with fear because of Rwanda and South Africa. :rotf:

Why? Because deep down they don't trust that their local coach can deliver. :(
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Orion wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:08 am

NO EXCUSES.

They did so

It's a damn shame my brother.

All along these people have vociferously been arguing for self sabotage.

Now they have got their way, they are laying the groundwork , prematurely, for excusing the horrible decision they supported.

I am now hearing of homebased camping before the South Africa match.

We are in serious trouble.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:28 pm

NO EXCUSES.

They did so

Now they have got their way, they are laying the groundwork , prematurely, for excusing the horrible decision they supported.

It’s very odd, suddenly there’s no requirement of the coach, just be there on the job and ‘learn’…whether we qualify for major tournaments or not is irrelevant…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

maceo4 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:57 pm

NO EXCUSES.

They did so

It’s very odd, suddenly there’s no requirement of the coach, just be there on the job and ‘learn’…whether we qualify for major tournaments or not is irrelevant…
It is not an issue for those who believe in themselves and their own kind. ‘Learning’ is only for sub standard oyibo coaches. We’ve done enough learning. Y’all sit back and watch how it’s done🤔❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Wed May 01, 2024 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:24 pm
maceo4 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:57 pm

NO EXCUSES.

They did so

It is not an issue for those who believe in themselves and their own kind. ‘Learning’ is only for sub standard oyibo coaches. We’ve heard enough learning. Y’all sit back and watch how it’s done🤔❗️

Cheers.
Yesssiiirrrr, games will be coming soon, hoping for the best…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

https://scorenigeria.com.ng/finidi-to-o ... sed-stars/

is reporting Findi will open camp with the best home based players. When was the last time you heard that news?

I know most of the best players are not in Nigeria. But there are still good players in the local league.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:37 pm https://scorenigeria.com.ng/finidi-to-o ... sed-stars/

is reporting Findi will open camp with the best home based players. When was the last time you heard that news?

I know most of the best players are not in Nigeria. But there are still good players in the local league.

There is no question that Nigeria shall continue to churn out talents.... It is a revolving belt that churns and churns as long as young baby boys are born to Nigerian parents and football continues to be the #1 sport.

It is really up to the NFF. If they have funding for such a camp it bodes well. It will be less significant for the SE because only very few players from such camp will be able to make the SE. However, it is still worth it because the camp isnt just for SE but for the CHAN, Olympic team, and the U-20 squads.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The usual WOWO propaganda nonsense about local coaches. Now he is the NFF yes man.

At least come up with somethiing original.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:01 am The usual WOWO propaganda nonsense about local coaches. Now he is the NFF yes man.

At least come up with somethiing original.
What are the terms of his contract?
When is the press conference to announce Finidas coach?
Why has Finidi not said anything since his appointment?
OCCUPY NFF!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

NO EXCUSES.

They did so

Rohr lost at Home to SA in a group of 4 consisting of footballing giants like Libya and Seychelles with the two top teams qualifying. Context is very important.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

iworo wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:51 am
NOT WORTH COMMENTING ON THE RANT ABOVE BECAUSE...

...that would dignify this nonsense. I don't know him and I know I don't want to know him. But there's a bigger issue to address here - the suggestion that somehow George would be under the control of some cabal who would impose their players on him for money.

These allegations make the rounds but never proven and they don't make much sense. Here's why:

(1) It assumes unfairly that every Nigerian coach (never the foreign coaches) is so weak, he would give in to corrupt demands.
(2) George understands that to keep his job he needs to perform and to perform he needs his best players. If he loses his job, the money he receives corruptly cannot make up for the salary loss. He probably made enough money in his playing days so why does he need crumbs?
(3) It would be soon clear if an invited player doesn't belong and that would lead to questions.
(4) An unworthy player is probably not in a good club situation to offer meaningul bribes anyway.
(5) Clubs won't sign such a player without a trial where he would soon be exposed; having worn the Nigerian shirt here would be of no use.

So until concrete evidence is available these things should stop.
Bell
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Maybe Odafe wants Siasia.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bell wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:24 am

...that would dignify this nonsense. I don't know him and I know I don't want to know him. But there's a bigger issue to address here - the suggestion that somehow George would be under the control of some cabal who would impose their players on him for money.

These allegations make the rounds but never proven and they don't make much sense. Here's why:

(1) It assumes unfairly that every Nigerian coach (never the foreign coaches) is so weak, he would give in to corrupt demands.
(2) George understands that to keep his job he needs to perform and to perform he needs his best players. If he loses his job, the money he receives corruptly cannot make up for the salary loss. He probably made enough money in his playing days so why does he need crumbs?
(3) It would be soon clear if an invited player doesn't belong and that would lead to questions.
(4) An unworthy player is probably not in a good club situation to offer meaningul bribes anyway.
(5) Clubs won't sign such a player without a trial where he would soon be exposed; having worn the Nigerian shirt here would be of no use.

Bell
The NFF bigwigs have control over all coaches, both local and foreign. You only have to look at some decisions to know that the coach is not the one calling the shots.

Two examples under the last coach, the invitation of The Yum Yum player and the inclusion of Musa in the AFCON team. That’s all the evidence I need. Some people would justify these scandalous actions but we can’t be fooled.

Secondly, you seem ignorant of how the football agency business works. Players are not the ones bribing anybody, it’s their sponsors who have invested in them that work hard to force them on national team coaches to give them the exposure they need to get the attention of foreign based scouts. Why do you think majority of the home-based Eagles that played against Mexico a couple of years ago all got a foreign club within months of that match, some within weeks. And those players were not the best in the NPFL as we have been told. Again, let’s be serious when discussing these things.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Lolly wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:39 am

Bell
The NFF bigwigs have control over all coaches, both local and foreign. You only have to look at some decisions to know that the coach is not the one calling the shots.

Two examples under the last coach, the invitation of The Yum Yum player and the inclusion of Musa in the AFCON team. That’s all the evidence I need. Some people would justify these scandalous actions but we can’t be fooled.

Secondly, you seem ignorant of how the football agency business works. Players are not the ones bribing anybody, it’s their sponsors who have invested in them that work hard to force them on national team coaches to give them the exposure they need to get the attention of foreign based scouts. Why do you think majority of the home-based Eagles that played against Mexico a couple of years ago all got a foreign club within months of that match, some within weeks. And those players were not the best in the NPFL as we have been told. Again, let’s be serious when discussing these things.
Well said. Mr Bell is definitely ignorant :lol: :lol:.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

iworo wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:12 pm
Lolly wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:39 am

Bell

Well said. Mr Bell is definitely ignorant :lol: :lol:.

He's just an advocate; fair enough...
He does not follow football at any serious level...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

highbury wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:50 pm
waka-man wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:22 pm Congrats Finidi. Don’t mess it up.
Did you tell that to your foreign coach? :blink:
Those jokers. It was always clear they would fail. This guy at least stands a chance.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.