OFFICIAL & BREAKING: NFF Finally Announces Finidi as Eagles Manager......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: OFFICIAL & BREAKING: NFF Finally Announces Finidi as Eagles Manager......

Post by 1naija »

Who had leverage to demand more? Finidi with all his investments in Port Harcourt and his recent job as assitant to Peseiro and current job as Eyimba head coach, or Amuneke whose last job was as assistant to Eguavoen in January 2022?
delisyomie don wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:28 pm
danfo driver wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:59 pm
kash n' karry wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:21 pm :evil: :twisted:
i would have preferred Amunike, i don't know how tested Finidi is at the helm being a World Cup qualifying year !! :???:
You would have preferred a coach who:

- has won only one trophy - U17
- who last coached as an assistant in January 2022 (2 years ago) to a FAILED WC qualification

To a coach who:

- Won the league (with a senior team) last season
- Is fighting for the league title again this year
- who last coached a national team last month and was assistant in February 2024 (2 months ago) and won SILVER at AFCON

Why are Nigerians like this??? Who cursed us???!! :oops: :oops:

What they offer finidi is probably too small for Amunike,amunike probably puts down more than 50,000 dollars a month and NFF IS OFFERING OR PAYING around 20,000 TO 30,000 USA dollars OR EQUAVILENT. TO FINIDI.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:09 pm See absolute nonsense.

Both Peseiro and Rohr LOST HOME GAMES, yet still qualified the team from the group stages of world cup and nations cup respectively. (CAR and Guinea Bissau) Rohr also lost 3 points on a technicality IN A GROUP OF DEATH, and still qualified us. (Algeria) This was all done in 4 team groups where the margin for error is even less.

We are in a 6 team group and we haven't lost a match.

I repeat there is nothing that any capable coach cannot EASILY overcome.

Yall are scared because you know your man was not chosen on merit.

NO EXCUSES.

They did so
Again, your dishonesty shows itself.

When did they lose the points? **** was deducted points after he had already qualified.

Peseiro was not in danger of not qualifying for the AFCON despite losing at home to Guinea Bissau. TWO TEAMS were going to qualify anyway. The game he lost was the 3rd game. So he had room to absorb a stumble.

I am not scared about Finidi's capacity... just cautious knowing how challenging World Cup qualification in Africa can be. However, I am more confident that we have a local coach who understands the terrain and does not have to learn the qualification process in Africa.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:35 pm Who had leverage to demand more? Finidi with all his investments in Port Harcourt and his recent job as assitant to Peseiro and current job as Eyimba head coach, or Amuneke whose last job was as assistant to Eguavoen in January 2022?
i would have preferred Amunike, i don't know how tested Finidi is at the helm being a World Cup qualifying year !! :???:

- who last coached as an assistant in January 2022 (2 years ago) to a FAILED WC qualification

To a coach who:

- who last coached a national team last month and was assistant in February 2024 (2 months ago) and won SILVER at AFCON

What they offer finidi is probably too small for Amunike,amunike probably puts down more than 50,000 dollars a month and NFF IS OFFERING OR PAYING around 20,000 TO 30,000 USA dollars OR EQUAVILENT. TO FINIDI.
I like that the NFF brass didn't reward Amuneke for being ideal while waiting for a Super Eagles job or a national team coaching job to open up.

I presume there will be an opening at Enyimba. He should apply for the job. Heartland is going to be relegated. He should get his hands dirty and coach an NPFL team that contends for the league title year in and year out since Finidi took over.

Like Danfo Driver, I am tired of coaches seeking handouts.

Go and demonstrate your ability.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

1naija wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:35 pm Who had leverage to demand more? Finidi with all his investments in Port Harcourt and his recent job as assitant to Peseiro and current job as Eyimba head coach, or Amuneke whose last job was as assistant to Eguavoen in January 2022?

To a coach who:

just my opinion since we don't know how it ended up with Finidi because, since last week or before last week, it was Amunike on paper rumor all over the place. since they said they can not afford Oyinbo Caoch, I pray and root for any Nigerian coach whether finidI or AmuniKe to make it to the world cup if not is only a football we pick up ourselves and we try again.
thanks
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:18 pm According to reports, the NFF would not be imposing assistants on Finidi, rather will give him the final say on who his assistants would be.
According to Scorenigeria, Finidi will be bringing in a foreign assistant.
He wants to bring in his own “Kalika”? It might be better. At least he won’t have to carry an Amokachi or Amuneke just to sit on the bench and do nothing.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This is how you earn the job as a local . They should all take the blue-print of Finidi ( who did it the hard way and won the LEague Title after 4 years of winning nada. Today Rangers and their new suits wan spoil market

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:58 pm
Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:52 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:48 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:21 pm Who are his assistants?

Congratulations to Coach Finidi.
Good question.

Congratulations all the same to Finidi George, the new Eagles Manager.

Looking forward to see what he does with a full complement of his players.
So you expect him to bring in his own players and discard some of the established players?
He will do what Keshi did. I hope you are all ready for it. He gave a preview of what will come in those 2 friendlies.

We were all warned but those with agenda want us to pretend we did not witness what we witnessed.

Anyways I pray that I am wrong.
:thumbs: He will win the AFCON :thumbs:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The NFF have done every thing possible to undermine Finidi. You actually think they will not impose coaches on him?

Finidi need a good lawyer to help him write a good contract. Watch out for clauses that will make it easy for them to fire you. You know they want a FC. They even leaked that that you are not their first choice or 2nd choice or 3rd choice. They even told players that a FC would be appointed.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

They even leaked reports that the players don't respect Finidi. That there were people fighting him in camp becaue he didn't use them as a substitute. Like Finidi would be the only manager in history not to use players in a friendly or have problems with players. No word when their WOWO savior was having problems with Iheanacho at Afcon or when their savior was not making subs at Afcon. It is shameful.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:30 pm They even leaked reports that the players don't respect Finidi. That there were people fighting him in camp becaue he didn't use them as a substitute. Like Finidi would be the only manager in history not to use players in a friendly or have problems with players. No word when their WOWO savior was having problems with Iheanacho at Afcon or when their savior was not making subs at Afcon. It is shameful.
I complained about Pissyerror as did many that’s why he has all types of bad nicknames, but that said we can’t take away that he met his mandate at the ANC. I have no issue with FC or LC, however I will say it as I see it and I don’t think Finidi is a good coach from what I’ve seen of his club team in Continental matches along with the two games he just coached, but if he’s able to get us that WC ticket then I’ll be in full support. Ball is in his court to shut any doubters up…But I hope the same way you came at the wowo when they were doing bad you will also come at the LC…I know I will…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:05 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:30 pm They even leaked reports that the players don't respect Finidi. That there were people fighting him in camp becaue he didn't use them as a substitute. Like Finidi would be the only manager in history not to use players in a friendly or have problems with players. No word when their WOWO savior was having problems with Iheanacho at Afcon or when their savior was not making subs at Afcon. It is shameful.
I complained about Pissyerror as did many that’s why he has all types of bad nicknames, but that said we can’t take away that he met his mandate at the ANC. I have no issue with FC or LC, however I will say it as I see it and I don’t think Finidi is a good coach from what I’ve seen of his club team in Continental matches along with the two games he just coached, but if he’s able to get us that WC ticket then I’ll be in full support. Ball is in his court to shut any doubters up…But I hope the same way you came at the wowo when they were doing bad you will also come at the LC…I know I will…
Well said. I echo your sentiments.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Cellular wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:55 pm

To a coach who:

I like that the NFF brass didn't reward Amuneke for being ideal while waiting for a Super Eagles job or a national team coaching job to open up.

I presume there will be an opening at Enyimba. He should apply for the job. Heartland is going to be relegated. He should get his hands dirty and coach an NPFL team that contends for the league title year in and year out since Finidi took over.

Vancity is the most dishonest CE member I have ever seen. I will listen to every CE member if they have a different opinion from mine. Not Vancity. This dude is so stubbornly dishonest that if you present evidence before him, he wouldn't bulge but rather chose to believe a lie and spread it vociferously.
Every word VE spews is laced with an agenda with the sole intention of propagating only one viewpoint.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Go back and look at the archives. I gave Peseiro, Rohr and the other journey men mercenary coaches a chance unlike some people on CE. I am consistent. Usually give coches six months. There are people already lining up to attack Finidi after the upcoming qualifiers. I will not be one of them. It takes time to build a team. What Nigeria is doing is fire brigade on steriods. I hope it works. A part of me also hopes it doesn't because if it does. It will encourage the NFF to do more outrageous things. But I want Nigeria to qualify for the WC. I will support Finidi George. I think he is a good coach. In time with the right support. He is going to be successful. But after the honey moon period which is about 6 months, I will evaluate him and will treat him like any other coach.

Also a coach is as good as the talent he has. That is whya Finidi led SE will beat a Peseiro led Cameroon.

Finidi needs support. Hire a good backroom staff, organize camps and friendlies. Dont undermine him.

The reality is Finidi is going to make changes. Time is too short to make drastic changes right now. But eventual;y he is going to make drastic changes. Some agents feelings are going to get hurt.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:45 pm
Go back and look at the archives. I gave Peseiro, Rohr and the other journey men mercenary coaches a chance unlike some people on CE. I am consistent. Usually give coches six months. There are people already lining up to attack Finidi after the upcoming qualifiers. I will not be one of them. It takes time to build a team. What Nigeria is doing is fire brigade on steriods. I hope it works. A part of me also hopes it doesn't because if it does. It will encourage the NFF to do more outrageous things. But I want Nigeria to qualify for the WC. I will support Finidi George. I think he is a good coach. In time with the right support. He is going to be successful. But after the honey moon period which is about 6 months, I will evaluate him and will treat him like any other coach.

Also a coach is as good as the talent he has. That is whya Finidi led SE will beat a Peseiro led Cameroon.

Finidi needs support. Hire a good backroom staff, organize camps and friendlies. Dont undermine him.

The reality is Finidi is going to make changes. Time is too short to make drastic changes right now. But eventual;y he is going to make drastic changes. Some agents feelings are going to get hurt.
So you are willing to miss the World Cup for this your 6 month experiment? I guess that’s where we differ, we cannot miss out on back to back World Cups, especially an expanded 48 team WC…that would be a disaster for me, for you sounds like it’s par for the course and you will give the coach more time to build his team…for me it’s automatic firing and never to be looked at again 😂
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:52 pm

So you are willing to miss the World Cup for this your 6 month experiment? I guess that’s where we differ, we cannot miss out on back to back World Cups, especially an expanded 48 team WC…that would be a disaster for me, for you sounds like it’s par for the course and you will give the coach more time to build his team…for me it’s automatic firing and never to be looked at again 😂
The hard truth is Nigeria deserves to miss the World cup. Bad administration. The NFF had a chance o hie a long term coach in July last year. They refused to do it creating the current mess. Finidi is not the the problem. But he is already been prepared to be the scape goat.

The question I want to ask is who do you want them to hire as coach?

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The hard truth is Nigeria deserves to miss the World cup. Bad administration. The NFF had a chance o hie a long term coach in July last year. They refused to do it creating the current mess. Finidi is not the the problem. But he is already been prepared to be the scape goat.

The question I want to ask is who do you want them to hire as coach?

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Last year July. I said on this site that either they give Peseiro a long term contract or they fire him. My preference was offcourse for them to fire him based on his record. If that was a local coach, the WOWO crew would have called for his sacking. I said fire Peseiro, hire a long term coach, let the coach use Afcon to prepare for world cup qualification. The WOWO crew came up with excuses, saying it is too late to change a coach, keep him. Then I even gave in to the argument and said okay if you are going to keep Peseiro which I didn't agree with the decision. At least make sure his contract is long enough so that we don't have to scramble for another coach in the middle of world cup qualificaions. It is like I saw this coming a mile away. I wish Finidi the best. I will support him. But the job he took is not going to be easy. They have set him up for failure.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

you are so obsessed with him, that's why you get easily triggered by him. the amount of energy you spend on his rants is why the bobo keeps coming back to troll you some more. stop wasting your time with him . Laugh and move on
highbury wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:33 pm

To a coach who:

Vancity is the most dishonest CE member I have ever seen. I will listen to every CE member if they have a different opinion from mine. Not Vancity. This dude is so stubbornly dishonest that if you present evidence before him, he wouldn't bulge but rather chose to believe a lie and spread it vociferously.
Every word VE spews is laced with an agenda with the sole intention of propagating only one viewpoint.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

stop thinking negative and hoping what if he fails etc, this is what they call those waiting to pounce. How many Enyimba matches have you watched? I do not get some of una wey dey already dig grave before person die... damnnn if you do damnn if you donot . Anyway for me this is a win win situation regardless. oh by the way The club Coach Finidi played for is about to get back to the EPL .. We can see anything the bobo touch nah gold dey follow up . May the lord bless Finidi and may the bobo continue to be successful in everything he touches ...as for the haters , go sleep

SuperEagles

Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:16 pm stop thinking negative and hoping what if he fails etc, this is what they call those waiting to pounce. How many Enyimba matches have you watched? I do not get some of una wey dey already dig grave before person die... damnnn if you do damnn if you donot . Anyway for me this is a win win situation regardless. oh by the way The club Coach Finidi played for is about to get back to the EPL .. We can see anything the bobo touch nah gold dey follow up . May the lord bless Finidi and may the bobo continue to be successful in everything he touches ...as for the haters , go sleep

TO WHICH I SAY...

...amen.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 am
Bell wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:20 am CONGRATULATIONS TO FINIDI

To the naysayers - you know yourselves, despite the fake congratulatory notes, the false "hope he proves me wrong" and the "I'm praying for him" - your true sentiments are well documented here. Only a foreign manager, even a journeyman foreigner, inspires confidence you. Meaning football is so complex there are no Nigerians who can master it. How then do you explain the successes recorded by Nigerians in every thing else they have tried? Do you understand what you're doing, if done everywhere else, sets Nigeria back?

Don't you think it's time Nigeria took on every challenge head on with confidence and build a nation where the answer to every problem is not dial 1-800 HELPUS? If you can't attack football, relatively unimportant and less complex, where do you want to start?

Think about this, folks.

Make sure you can look yourself in the mirror.
Bell
Did you expect people to be confident about a local coach taking over in the middle of a World Cup qualifier in Nigeria knowing the NFF's record with local coaches and the shorter leash they have for success? What is wrong with people wishing the man well and praying he does well even if they are not sure about him? I didn't like Peseiro but I was desperate for us to win the AFCON final.

Finidi has taken the role and it is up to him to prove those of us that are skeptics wrong. If he does well I will carry his matter on my head. Some people like Vancity will not see any good in him no matter what happens. But most are not like that. I was skeptical when Keshi was appointed - but I thank God for that appointment and the joy it brought to us.
WHY NOT?

Amodu did it under much worse odds. Keshi (a Nigerian) did it with Togo. I'm not a prophet so I can say what will happen but it won't surprise me if Finidi does it. Does hiring a foreign coach improve the chances? I doubt it.

But that wasn't the point I was trying to make. My comment had to do with people who are looking for any excuse (like not substituting), and even failure, to start relentless attacks and justify their preference for foreign coaches. You can tell by their previous posts. Then they come here saying congratulations as if they actually mean it.

As for you, you said, you didn't approve of Keshi until he proved you wrong. And now you state that Finidi is not your choice. So please tell me, is your first choice another Nigerian or a foreign coach?
Bell
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:10 pm you are so obsessed with him, that's why you get easily triggered by him. the amount of energy you spend on his rants is why the bobo keeps coming back to troll you some more. stop wasting your time with him . Laugh and move on

To a coach who:

Like Danfo Driver, I am tied of coaches seeking handouts.

Oh yes he triggers me just like my post triggers you, be honest. You can't help yourself. I really detest people who intentionally try to deceive to propagate their viewpoint.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

your post donot trigger me ... real talk , I just find it funny you lose it when the bobo post some stuff that are vexing you
highbury wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:34 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:10 pm you are so obsessed with him, that's why you get easily triggered by him. the amount of energy you spend on his rants is why the bobo keeps coming back to troll you some more. stop wasting your time with him . Laugh and move on

To a coach who:

Like Danfo Driver, I am tied of coaches seeking handouts.

Oh yes he triggers me just like my post triggers you, be honest. You can't help yourself. I really detest people who intentionally try to deceive to propagate their viewpoint.
SuperEagles