OFFICIAL & BREAKING: NFF Finally Announces Finidi as Eagles Manager......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: OFFICIAL & BREAKING: NFF Finally Announces Finidi as Eagles Manager......

Post by Lolly »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:17 pm
Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:08 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:02 pm
highbury wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:59 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:54 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:49 pm Congratulations. NFF, pay the man his money ooo. This is good , we finally have a coach...now Tella, Boniface or Lookman, will play in the Europa league final, so what are the arrangements?
Finidi was beefing with Lookman and Tella, so maybe he wouldn't call them anyways in favor of some junk from obscure leagues.

Sidown watch mode activated
Lest I forget, you were not even decent enough to congratulate him.
Why would I congratulate someone who was actively doing HARM to SE ?

If that was some sort of aberration and he changes his ways then I will congratulate him in retrospect.
Can you explain what you mean he has actively done harm to the SE?
Let me spell it out one last time.

A friendly you would test up and comming talents to integrate them into your team.

Any coach that does not give Nathan Tella or Fisayo Bashiru a single minute of play over 2 matches, does not wish SE well. It means he has a complete disregard for team building, a complete lack of integrity, and alterior motives.

You DO NOT completely waste 2 friendly matches. National team assignments are few and far between. YOU DO NOT WASTE THEM WITH SUCH RUBBISH.

He had no clear plan. He was beefing with players, including our AFCON MVP in Lookman.

He wasn't playing his best team.

He also wasn't testing genuine prospects.

He neglected to do either of the above, so what he did was just useless and a complete waste of time.
Let me respond to you one last time since you refuse to listen to what others have been saying and I don't think you would listen to mine either.

No one can dispute that Finidi made some mistakes in those two friendlies. But it is not unusual for new coaches to bring their own ideas and sometimes try out their preferred players. And sometimes it doesn't work. And he really didn't have to play his best team though no one except Finidi knows why he didn't give Tell and Bashiru some minutes. Personally I think it is inexcusable unless they were injured. But making mistakes in one friendly match cannot be termed as "actively doing harm to the SE". One thing is for sure, he would have learnt some hard lessons from the outcome of those friendlies. So what is important is how he performs over the next few months and next year's AFCON if we qualify.
Last edited by Lolly on Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

OJI wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:19 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:17 pm Let me spell it out one last time.

A friendly you would test up and comming talents to integrate them into your team.

Any coach that does not give Nathan Tella or Fisayo Bashiru a single minute of play over 2 matches, does not wish SE well. It means he has a complete disregard for team building, a complete lack of integrity, and alterior motives.

You DO NOT completely waste 2 friendly matches. National team assignments are few and far between. YOU DO NOT WASTE THEM WITH SUCH RUBBISH.

He had no clear plan. He was beefing with players, including our AFCON MVP in Lookman.

He neglected to do either of the above, so what he did was just useless and a complete waste of time.
Valid sentiments.

There are other factors one must consider.

Finidi's reaction to being being named the coach for the friendlies last minute, and thus no input into selecting players he truly would have loved to utilize in a friendly. He has seen most of the current players from his 20 mths with Peserio except 1 or 2.

The NFF's magical ability to replace Finidi after the next two matches should unsatisfactory results occur. Unsatisfactory as nothing less than outright victories in the next 2 matches given his tenure with the team. That familiarity of players, their strengths and weaknesses edged things in his favor.
A bunch of jokers.

You think you can build a team in a short time. America has had their coach in place for over 5 years. You mumu thinks you can build a good team in a month.

What you should be talking about is providing Finidi support and then hoping for divine intervention.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Who are his assistants?
Are they going to arrange another friendly late May closed?

I will tell yall the way I see am. Nigeria is in a mess created by Peseiro. We should have never drawn with Lesotho at home and then drawn on a neutral field at Zimbabwe. Those were bad results. Catastropically bad. That should have been 6 points out of 6. We have not even played the best teams in our group. We are in trouble. You jokers are talking about Finidi will be judged. What you should be talking about is all hands on deck to rescue the country from the mess created by Peseiro. But the WOWO are already ready to blame Finidi if we don't qualify for the WC.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So that's what you got out of the statement? Couldn't it mean what he does when he has Osimhen, Boniface, Simon, Ekong, Aina, Moffi, Musa :taunt:, and Chukwueze available?
Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:52 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:48 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:21 pm Who are his assistants?

Congratulations to Coach Finidi.
Good question.

Congratulations all the same to Finidi George, the new Eagles Manager.

Looking forward to see what he does with a full complement of his players.
So you expect him to bring in his own players and discard some of the established players?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:32 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:17 pm Let me spell it out one last time.

Valid sentiments.

Finidi's reaction to being being named the coach for the friendlies last minute, and thus no input into selecting players he truly would have loved to utilize in a friendly. He has seen most of the current players from his 20 mths with Peserio except 1 or 2.

The NFF's magical ability to replace Finidi after the next two matches should unsatisfactory results occur. Unsatisfactory as nothing less than outright victories in the next 2 matches given his tenure with the team. That familiarity of players, their strengths and weaknesses edged things in his favor.
A bunch of jokers.

You think you can build a team in a short time. America has had their coach in place for over 5 years. You mumu thinks you can build a good team in a month.

What you should be talking about is providing Finidi support and then hoping for divine intervention.
Finidi doesn't need to "build a team". We already have a decent team in place that just needs a few tweaks here and there. The Ivorian Coach did not need time to build the team that he led to win AFCON. We are not expecting Finidi to start winning all matches or even qualify for the World Cup. That would be a bonus. But we should expect to see some improvements in areas we are weak especially team formation and our attack. It would be a shame if Finidi can't do better than the poor coach Peseiro. Let's see how he gets on over the next 2 WC qualifiers.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Where are you coming up with this manufactured beef with players from?
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:35 pm
txj wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:32 pm

Finidi was beefing with Lookman and Tella, so maybe he wouldn't call them anyways in favor of some junk from obscure leagues.

If that was some sort of aberration and he changes his ways then I will congratulate him in retrospect.

The only thing relevant is what he does from here on...

The first lesson of international football is not to take international friendlies too seriously...
But he has told you how he will operate.

He will beef with players (key ones included)

He will ignore talented players based on sentiments

That is a disaster waiting to happen. We've seen this story before with Keshi and Oliseh and it never ended well.

We were all warned.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Finidi George is the new SE head coach.

Post by ohenhen1 »

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Congrats. All the best.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:42 pm

Valid sentiments.

A bunch of jokers.

Finidi doesn't need to "build a team". We already have a decent team in place that just needs a few tweaks here and there. The Ivorian Coach did not need time to build the team that he led to win AFCON. We are not expecting Finidi to start winning all matches or even qualify for the World Cup. That would be a bonus. But we should expect to see some improvements in areas we are weak especially team formation and our attack. It would be a shame if Finidi can't do better than the poor coach Peseiro. Let's see how he gets on over the next 2 WC qualifiers.
Findi doesn't use the same system used by Peseiro. He is going to have to build his own team. Select players that fits his system. It takes time to build a team. You don't change coaches in the middle of WC qualifer. Peseiro caused this mess. Dont forget that. He drew at home against Lesotho and drew on road againt Zimbabwe on a neutral field. Essentially two home games against weak opposition. We are in trouble.

The Ivorian coach changed the system in a tournament atmosphere, his team went on a hot streak and won the Afcon. He beat Peseiro in the final. Ideally you need time to build a team. Tournaent football is different from qualifiers. You sometimes get less than 3 days to work with your team before a game unlike tournament football where you camp for weeks. You don't change a coach in the middle of WC qualifications. It is foolishness.

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

1naija wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:40 pm So that's what you got out of the statement? Couldn't it mean what he does when he has Osimhen, Boniface, Simon, Ekong, Aina, Moffi, Musa :taunt:, and Chukwueze available?

Good question.

So you expect him to bring in his own players and discard some of the established players?
Peseiro didn't have Osimhen, Ekong, Ndidi, Sanusi, Chukwueze, Musa, Nwabali available for the WC qualifier against Lesotho that we drew but he is being abused here for not winning the match. Finidi had enough on the bench against Mali to put up a good fight but he flunked the test. So I can only guess Cellular means having his own players.

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:50 pm
Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:42 pm

Valid sentiments.

A bunch of jokers.

Findi doesn't use the same system used by Peseiro. He is going to have to build his own team. Select players that fits his system. It takes time to build a team. You don't change coaches in the middle of WC qualifer. Peseiro caused this mess. Dont forget that. He drew at home against Lesotho and drew on road againt Zimbabwe on a neutral field. Essentially two home games against weak opposition. We are in trouble.
Ivory Coast changed coaches in the middle of a tournament and the new coach who happened to be the assistant delivered. Finidi has enough time and knowledge of the players to put up a decent team within the short time he has. And I am not saying he would win those matches but I expect to see a well drilled and coordinated team in June. No excuses.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Tournament football is different from Qualifiers. it should be all hands on deck. Hope for divine intervention. We should never forget that it was Peseiro that drew against Lesotho at home and drew away against Zimbabwe. WOWO Nigerians have selective amnesia. I dont, and I will remind you every day, every minute, every chance I get.

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Positives

Has been with the team for almost 2 years. Should be familiar with the players by now.
May help quell some of the unnecessary clamor for home based players. He should know the league by now Right?
Should command respect from the lads with his pedigree as a player and what he has accomplished so far as a coach.

Negatives

Seemed like an also ran his entire time with the SE. Hard to see any impact he made on the group from afar.

Yes don't draw conclusions from "friendlies" but that was a chance to maybe show his hand a bit and he left A LOT to be desired. I have voiced my concerns here from the Ghana game to the disaster second game against Mali. Forget the results. There were A LOT of things about the performance, in game adaptation, squad management AND his post game summary that made me very uncomfortable. He did not seem equipped for what will be an enormous task ahead.

I am very skeptical.

I will be on my knees praying for guidance for him and his team of assistant coaches (this will be very crucial). I hope they succeed and bring unparalleled success to the SE.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Was that a friendly?
Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:54 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:40 pm So that's what you got out of the statement? Couldn't it mean what he does when he has Osimhen, Boniface, Simon, Ekong, Aina, Moffi, Musa :taunt:, and Chukwueze available?

Good question.

Peseiro didn't have Osimhen, Ekong, Ndidi, Sanusi, Chukwueze, Musa, Nwabali available for the WC qualifier against Lesotho that we drew but he is being abused here for not winning the match. Finidi had enough on the bench against Mali to put up a good fight but he flunked the test. So I can only guess Cellular means having his own players.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:30 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:49 pm Congratulations. NFF, pay the man his money ooo. This is good , we finally have a coach...now Tella, Boniface or Lookman, will play in the Europa league final, so what are the arrangements?

Let me respond to you one last time since you refuse to listen to what others have been saying and I don't think you would listen to mine either.

No one can dispute that Finidi made some mistakes in those two friendlies. But it is not unusual for new coaches to bring their own ideas and sometimes try out their preferred players. And sometimes it doesn't work. And he really didn't have to play his best team though no one except Finidi knows why he didn't give Tell and Bashiru some minutes. Personally I think it is inexcusable unless they were injured. But making mistakes in one friendly match cannot be termed as "actively doing harm to the SE". One thing is for sure, he would have learnt some hard lessons from the outcome of those friendlies. So what is important is how he performs over the next few months and next year's AFCON if we qualify.
Lolly you just stated yourself

What he did was inexcusable

You then go on to state that it was a mistake.

I can only pray it was a mistake, because it is far more likely that it was not a mistake and that it was INTENTIONAL.

If indeed it was intentional (because Finidi would have to be very dumb if it wasn't intentional)

Then we are in serious trouble.

So we are stuck with either a very dumb coach or a seriously corrupt coach.

Personally I would prefer a dumb coach who can HOPEFULLY learn from his dumb mistakes, despite being with the team for over 2 years.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Like I posited, he was in cahoots with the NFF all along. That's why he had the temerity to start questionable folks and refused to adequately make substitutions during the friendlies.

Goodluck. Hopefully he changes his ways and learn to have some integrity.
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

1naija wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:08 pm Was that a friendly?
Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:54 pm

Good question.

Friendly or not, you are attempting to excuse the team and coach’s performance because the coach didn’t have a full compliment of his players. Abi no be so?

Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Congrats Finidi. You have been gifted another chance. Do not compromise your integrity going forward.
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

All the best. You know just do the right tin. You will win.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

More on Finidi being either dumb or corrupt.

Anybody following SE knows that we are lacking in wide forward options AND creative midfielders.

Chuks has been piss poor for 3 consecutive afcons,
Simon is a cul-de-sac dribbler, besides Lookman our wide options are average at best.

Iwobi is our only creative midfielder.

To completely IGNORE a genuine wide forward option and a genuine creative .midfielder option over 2 matches is complete utter incompetence, corruption or just plain stupidity.

We are in trouble either way.

For Finidi to be with the team for 2 years and not being willing to rectify these problem areas is deeply concerning.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Schillachi wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:14 pm Like I posited, he was in cahoots with the NFF all along. That's why he had the temerity to start questionable folks and refused to adequately make substitutions during the friendlies.

Goodluck. Hopefully he changes his ways and learn to have some integrity.
Congrats to my brother Finidi. He has my support. Good to see a local coach coach the team

Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Ugbowo wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:02 pm Positives

Has been with the team for almost 2 years. Should be familiar with the players by now.
May help quell some of the unnecessary clamor for home based players. He should know the league by now Right?
Should command respect from the lads with his pedigree as a player and what he has accomplished so far as a coach.

Negatives

Seemed like an also ran his entire time with the SE. Hard to see any impact he made on the group from afar.

Yes don't draw conclusions from "friendlies" but that was a chance to maybe show his hand a bit and he left A LOT to be desired. I have voiced my concerns here from the Ghana game to the disaster second game against Mali. Forget the results. There were A LOT of things about the performance, in game adaptation, squad management AND his post game summary that made me very uncomfortable. He did not seem equipped for what will be an enormous task ahead.

I am very skeptical.

I will be on my knees praying for guidance for him and his team of assistant coaches (this will be very crucial). I hope they succeed and bring unparalleled success to the SE.

I respect this...

Congratulations, Finidi! I support your appointment cause appreciate and applaud your pedigree. I hope and pray for your success.

Please please give everyone a chance. Level the playing field, please. Do not allow corruption and any form of nepotism come in and destroy your chances. Do your best not to disappoint many of us that believe in you.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ugbowo wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:02 pm Positives

Negatives

I am very skeptical.

Those friendlies have zero bearing on competitive games. Even Paseiro was horrible when it comes to friendlies. Also people forget that Simon had a bad injury during that meaningless match. Why are people getting worked up over friendlies . I prefer the SE gets exposed in friendlies, instead of winning them to cover cracks. He went into both friendlies without 9 players from the Afcon squad. I will take my chances with someone who has been part of the coaching staff compared to someone new 5 weeks from the WCQs.

Where you the same person to tell us not to let paseroro go before the Afcon and we all know how that turned out with the SE suprising the entire nation etc
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved