Christian Chukwu owed by NFF for 19 years

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Christian Chukwu owed by NFF for 19 years

Post by aruako1 »

Listen to the Chairman himself

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Christian Chukwu owed by NFF for 19 years

Post by 1naija »

What does he mean by what can he do? He can and should report them to FIFA now that he is no longer hoping to get another head coaching job.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He needs to take the NFF to the proper arbitration process.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

This is sad. Meanwhile, Amaju is extremely wealthy and made a lot of money from his position as NFF Chairman.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If this is true. It is disgraceful. No wonder it was easy for the British to colonialize Nigeria.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

What has Amaju got to do with this? Was he the NFF chairman when Chukwu was the coach?
Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:06 pm This is sad. Meanwhile, Amaju is extremely wealthy and made a lot of money from his position as NFF Chairman.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg
Coach Christian Chukwu Till Owed Salaries 19 Years After

Post by COOKING SPOON »

[tweet][/tweet]
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Coach Christian Chukwu Till Owed Salaries 19 Years After

Post by ohsee »

COOKING SPOON wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:40 pm [tweet][/tweet]
And some people claim that it is Oyibo people and Oyibo countries that are keeping us down. Look at what we do to our own heroes. Worthless country.

This is a cause that lawyers based in Nigeria should take on pro bono, and force the football authorities to pay him his back salaries. But of course, it is not in our culture to go to battle for somebody that is not our family or "tribe," much less go to battle for free.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Coach Christian Chukwu Till Owed Salaries 19 Years After

Post by bret- hart »

Pure wickedness. Pure Evil.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Very sad and so embarrassing as a Nation
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Chei NFF nah real onigbese. Nobody got anything on them.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

1naija wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:21 pm What has Amaju got to do with this? Was he the NFF chairman when Chukwu was the coach?
Lolly wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:06 pm This is sad. Meanwhile, Amaju is extremely wealthy and made a lot of money from his position as NFF Chairman.
Buhari paid debts and outstanding salaries and pensions left behind by Obasanjo and Jonathan.

Meanwhile, Amaju had CCC’s file and there was nothing stopping him from paying off the debt instead of dashing each FA state chairman thousands of dollars to be doing hookup at Eko Hotel.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

It’s seriously hard to support Nigeria and the NFF and how they do things. This is so sad…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

1naija wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:52 pm What does he mean by what can he do? He can and should report them to FIFA now that he is no longer hoping to get another head coaching job.
ASk if he signed any contract before he took over the job! Most of those appointments are verbal, one which they eagerly latched unto without asking for any binding contractual agreement.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

oloye wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:18 am
1naija wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:52 pm What does he mean by what can he do? He can and should report them to FIFA now that he is no longer hoping to get another head coaching job.
ASk if he signed any contract before he took over the job! Most of those appointments are verbal, one which they eagerly latched unto without asking for any binding contractual agreement.
This your blame the victim stance get as e be. We are no longer in the Middle Ages. Verbal agreements are legally binding in today’s world, even in Nigeria🤔❗️

Cheers.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:19 pm
This your blame the victim stance get as e be. We are no longer in the Middle Ages. Verbal agreements are legally binding in today’s world, even in Nigeria🤔❗️

Cheers.
...not in Nigeria my friend, unless you go carry gun go enforce am.
I know how many verbal agreements I have entered over the phone on projects back home but never materialized, especially with close friends, family and associates.

Verbal and handshake agreements can work between thieves, but I doubt CCC is one of them. He is an upright man.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

mcal wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:24 pm

Cheers.
...not in Nigeria my friend, unless you go carry gun go enforce am.
I know how many verbal agreements I have entered over the phone on projects back home but never materialized, especially with close friends, family and associates.

Verbal and handshake agreements can work between thieves, but I doubt CCC is one of them. He is an upright man.
How many of the contract violators did you bother to take to court? Obviously, it’s not that verbal agreements don’t work in Nigeria. It’s more like people don’t do enough to enforce them. Even with written agreements, you still have to proactively enforce them otherwise you’ll end up being shortchanged🤔❗️

cheers.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cheers.
Geez so the only thing you can arrive at is that I am blaming Christian Chukwu. How did CE descend into this level? I raised a simple issue that would come up if he goes to court, something the same people who did not pay him for 19 years would use to defend themselves, and i am being told i am blaming the victim. Yes verbal agreements maybe tenable but that if you are dealing with scrupulous people who still have some elements of integrity.

Everything should not have to become we and them, i only raised a point! Biko i am not here to fight anyone, i dont have the energy.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

oloye wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:03 pm

Cheers.
Geez so the only thing you can arrive at is that I am blaming Christian Chukwu. How did CE descend into this level? I raised a simple issue that would come up if he goes to court, something the same people who did not pay him for 19 years would use to defend themselves, and i am being told i am blaming the victim. Yes verbal agreements maybe tenable but that if you are dealing with scrupulous people who still have some elements of integrity.

Everything should not have to become we and them, i only raised a point! Biko i am not here to fight anyone, i dont have the energy.
If you are implying that court officials are unscrupulous then a signed contract wouldn’t make any difference because there is no difference in validity between a signed written contract and a verbal agreement in the eyes of the law. Either way, your success in court will depend on your ability to successfully bribe court officials, abi❓🤔❗️

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

But if he’s saying the paperwork is in his file in NFF office then sounds like it wasn’t just verbal…but either way this is just bad PR for a federation to treat one of its legends like this. I’d more so understand for an FC, but at least take care of your own.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cheers.

Oloye, upon further consideration, the proper question to ask is why has CCC not gone to FIFA because FIFA is the proper channel for any football disputes. The NFF can ignore a court’s ruling withou consequence but they cannot ignore a FIFA arbitrator’s ruling🤔❗️

Cheers.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:38 pm

Cheers.

If you are implying that court officials are unscrupulous then a signed contract wouldn’t make any difference because there is no difference in validity between a signed written contract and a verbal agreement in the eyes of the law. Either way, your success in court will depend on your ability to successfully bribe court officials, abi❓🤔❗️

Cheers.
No I do not imply the court, I mean the people or person he has a verbal agreement with. I want to believe that both parties need to agree that there was an agreement in place and what the contract entails. The NFF could simply say that he collected bonuses and travel expenses as part of his services. If CCC is saying he is not paid, what was the agreed amount, all these surely cannot be meaningful contested as a verbal contract. I am not a lawyer, but i can see a yawning gap here. He stands a better chance suing them for emotional damages than anything else.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:53 pm

Cheers.

Oloye, upon further consideration, the proper question to ask is why has CCC not gone to FIFA because FIFA is the proper channel for any football disputes. The NFF can ignore a court’s ruling without consequence but they cannot ignore a FIFA arbitrator’s ruling🤔❗️

Cheers.
If i had said , would you still not have said I am blaming the victim for not going to FIFA :taunt: :lol: :lol: