Emphasis on Learning Over 2026 World Cup Qualification

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Emphasis on Learning Over 2026 World Cup Qualification

Post by iworo »

If anyone dares to suggest or entertain the preposterous idea that it's somehow acceptable for Nigeria to miss out on qualifying for the upcoming 2026 World Cup, despite earning only 2 points from 2 matches out of 10, they must be unequivocally labeled as adversaries of our beloved country. On what grounds can such a notion or thought be justified :shock: ?

I am still astonished that one or two individuals on this forum have hinted at such a thought :shock: . What's the point of coming to Cybereagles if our national team doesn't qualify for international competitions such as AFCON and World Cup? These individuals have completely missed the mark and forfeited any semblance of respect from me henceforth! If there are others harboring this mindset, I implore you to step forward and reveal yourselves.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Emphasis on Learning Over 2026 World Cup Qualification

Post by vancity eagle »

My brother these people are truly a despicable bunch.

Imagine Nigeria missing back to back world cups, EVEN WHEN AFRICAS REPS HAVE BEEN EXPANDED TO 9.5 TEAMS.

There is no world in this entire universe were such a scenario is acceptable. NONE.

As you say these people are truly enemies of Nigeria. They will cut off their nose to spite their face.

These are the same clowns that were mandating Peseiro reach the semi finals, then we he went a step further still attacked him for "style"

Now it is acceptable that we miss out on a 48 team world cup.

If we miss out, we might as well just disband SE. What an utter disgrace that will be.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

iworo wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:17 pm If anyone dares to suggest or entertain the preposterous idea that it's somehow acceptable for Nigeria to miss out on qualifying for the upcoming 2026 World Cup, despite earning only 2 points from 2 matches out of 10, they must be unequivocally labeled as adversaries of our beloved country. On what grounds can such a notion or thought be justified :shock: ?

I am still astonished that one or two individuals on this forum have hinted at such a thought :shock: . What's the point of coming to Cybereagles if our national team doesn't qualify for international competitions such as AFCON and World Cup? These individuals have completely missed the mark and forfeited any semblance of respect from me henceforth! If there are others harboring this mindset, I implore you to step forward and reveal yourselves.

But you and your ilk would have been perfectly comfortable for an FC to come and use us to learn.

I haven't seen anyone say it would be okay for us not to qualify. But the best chance of us qualifying is with a coach who is already familiar with the team and the African terrain.

You can go back to your regular scheduled belly aching, talking about something no one else has espoused.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:24 pm My brother these people are truly a despicable bunch.

Imagine Nigeria missing back to back world cups, EVEN WHEN AFRICAS REPS HAVE BEEN EXPANDED TO 9.5 TEAMS.

There is no world in this entire universe were such a scenario is acceptable. NONE.

As you say these people are truly enemies of Nigeria. They will cut off their nose to spite their face.

These are the same clowns that were mandating Peseiro reach the semi finals, then we he went a step further still attacked him for "style"

Now it is acceptable that we miss out on a 48 team world cup.

If we miss out, we might as well just disband SE. What an utter disgrace that will be.
What truly shocked me was realizing that I had misjudged one of these two guys, whose viewpoints I've always respected. I'm now genuinely baffled by the unbelievable biased sentiments expressed by some individuals on this forum!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

When you don't study or don't do the work you deserve to fail your exam. But I hope Nigeria can rescue the situation. The sad part is they will repeat the same mistakes in 2030. They never learn.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

What's the African terrain?
Cellular wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:34 pm
iworo wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:17 pm If anyone dares to suggest or entertain the preposterous idea that it's somehow acceptable for Nigeria to miss out on qualifying for the upcoming 2026 World Cup, despite earning only 2 points from 2 matches out of 10, they must be unequivocally labeled as adversaries of our beloved country. On what grounds can such a notion or thought be justified :shock: ?

But you and your ilk would have been perfectly comfortable for an FC to come and use us to learn.

I haven't seen anyone say it would be okay for us not to qualify. But the best chance of us qualifying is with a coach who is already familiar with the team and the African terrain.

You can go back to your regular scheduled belly aching, talking about something no one else has espoused.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Na WA for una :rotf: You dey worry over things you get no control over. Support Finidi. He is better than Rohr and Yeyesero for sure
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

highbury wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:20 pm

Na WA for una :rotf: You dey worry over things you get no control over. Support Finidi. He is better than Rohr and Yeyesero for sure
Why will WOWOs ever support Finidi? He’s not oyibo nau🤔🙂❗️

Cheers.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:31 pm

Cheers.
Oh yes you're right. Oyinbo worshippers full ground :D
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Truth is there is no such thing as WOWO. They don't exist. I haven't seen any n this forum at least. It's just made up propaganda. A strawman created for an easy knockdown.

The people who accuse others of WOWO always FAIL to address the legitimate points brought up when dealing with Nigerian coaches BASED ON PRECEDENT.

I have stated I would prefer a Nigerian coach BORN ABROAD. Is that WOWO ?

As others have pointed out, successful "local" coaches like Emerse Fae and Aliou Cisse really aren't local but foreign born or foreign raised.

It isn't my or anybody else's fault that we are very skeptical of Nigerian born coaches based on the very dodgy and suspicious actions THEY THEMSELVES HAVE UNDERTAKEN IN THE PAST.

I want success for SE, and I don't care which coach brings it.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Dude, I want to clarify that I never stated I wouldn't support him. I'll always back our national team coach, irrespective of my personal views on his competence. However, I cannot endorse the idea that it's acceptable for Nigeria to miss out on qualifying for the upcoming 2026 World Cup because of the preference for a coach to learn on the job. What kind of nonsense talk is that?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Person wey call himself highbury sef dey tok about Onyibo woshipper? What's more onyibo worshiping than that?
highbury wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:53 pm

Cheers.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

WOWO exists and it is a big problem.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
‘Highbury’ does not see the irony.
1naija wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:05 pm Person wey call himself highbury sef dey tok about Onyibo woshipper? What's more onyibo worshiping than that?

Cheers.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

1naija wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:05 pm Person wey call himself highbury sef dey tok about Onyibo woshipper? What's more onyibo worshiping than that?

Cheers.
Try harder. You can do it :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Damunk wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:38 pm :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
‘Highbury’ does not see the irony.

Cheers.
Make I join you laugh Mr Damunk the irony man :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:34 pm WOWO exists and it is a big problem.
The problem is with the administrators not the fans (including CE). The main reason why some fans prefer foreign coaches is due to the disparity in how our administrators treat them. Also based on precedence, the local coaches can be influenced. Their working environment is almost impossible for success.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Adisboy wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:15 am
The problem is with the administrators not the fans (including CE). The main reason why some fans prefer foreign coaches is due to the disparity in how our administrators treat them. Also based on precedence, the local coaches can be influenced. Their working environment is almost impossible for success.
But we have a local coach who delivered an AFCON in 2013. AND we have a fan on CE (there might be many more) who supported another team against the SE and still in denial about the AFCON trophy.

Same CE will wish death on local coaches
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

wanaj0 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:28 am
Adisboy wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:15 am
But we have a local coach who delivered an AFCON in 2013. AND we have a fan on CE (there might be many more) who supported another team against the SE and still in denial about the AFCON trophy.

Same CE will wish death on local coaches
Following his exploits with qualifying tiny Togo for the WC in a year when 9ja missed out, Keshi's appointment was a no brainer. Justifying his appointment, he even went on a very long (like 2 yr) unbeaten streak that included the duration of the Afcon. Most of that time he was even using mainly home based players trying to build a team.
However I can confidently say that there is no other "local" coach (other than perhaps Egbo) with such pedigree at this time. Any appointment will be trial and error. I hope Finito gets to create a name for himself, but SE should not be a learning ground for trial and error.