Finidi's job as SE coach seems temporary.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Finidi's job as SE coach seems temporary.

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

No contract details.
No press conference
Finidi is yet to say word.
No assistant coaches
No record of the Nff board approval
No SE player has commented on Finidi
Frog of Monaco gave up the plan

Hope I'm wrong but this just doesn't feel right. When will Gassau and Finidi appear together? Is it a 1,2 or 4yr contract? The Silence from SE senior players is deafening. Has Troost, Omeruo or Musa said anything? I'm not getting good vibes at all.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bell
Egg
Egg
Re: Finidi's job as SE coach seems temporary.

Post by Bell »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:18 am No contract details.
No press conference
No assistant coaches

Hope I'm wrong but this just doesn't feel right. When will Gassau and Finidi appear together? Is it a 1,2 or 4yr contract? The Silence from SE senior players is deafening. Has Troost, Omeruo or Musa said anything? I'm not getting good vibes at all.

REFER TO MY POST TITLED

George, Wolves at the Door.
Bell
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I feel for Finidi. The general response to his appointment has been lukewarm with many Nigerians questioning his choice by the NFF.
He has his work cut out and there are many waiting to sabotage him.
Even among the 94 set, he was not their choice as they lined up behind Amunike.
I just hope he doesn’t get the “Amodu” treatment and is jettisoned for a foreign coach after qualifying Nigeria for the World Cup
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:14 am I feel for Finidi. The general response to his appointment has been lukewarm with many Nigerians questioning his choice by the NFF.
I just hope he doesn’t get the “Amodu” treatment and is jettisoned for a foreign coach after qualifying Nigeria for the World Cup
Nigerian fans are not to be trusted.
It’s just a case of whether they are even more fickle than other fans around the world.
It’s the same Nigerian fans that hounded Amodu out that turned around years later to shed crocodile tears about the way he was mistreated “by the NFF”. :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

But this current NFF leadership are useless and I don’t normally use the word for our officials.

Not having a press conference on his appointment after their social media post is scandalous. Or are they planning to reverse the decision to appoint him?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:30 am
Dammy wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:14 am I feel for Finidi. The general response to his appointment has been lukewarm with many Nigerians questioning his choice by the NFF.
It’s just a case of whether they are even more fickle than other fans around the world.
It’s the same Nigerian fans that hounded Amodu out that turned around years later to shed crocodile tears about the way he was mistreated “by the NFF”. :rotf:
Thanks for the highlighted. Amodu’s team to that AFCON were so poor, the NFF had no choice than to replace him after the outcry from the fans.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Another boring Findi is not your choice thread
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Lolly wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:38 am
Thanks for the highlighted. Amodu’s team to that AFCON were so poor, the NFF had no choice than to replace him after the outcry from the fans.
They were not poor.

They hit the bar and missed a penatly against Senegal in extra time at the AFCON semis. This was a Senegalese team that was out to get one back on Nigeria by all means after we knocked them out of the previous AFCON in Lagos (Aghahowa). We always had their number (Sia1 and Keshi scored as we beat them at home in the AFCON they hosted a few years earlier), and we were that hurdle that they were determined to break.

As we found out later, it was a pretty good Senegal side as they made the Quarter Finals of the World Cup a few months later.

We ended up destroying a pretty good and experienced SE side that could have made a run in Japan. No Oliseh (Captain), No Finidi (Vice Captain), and a couple of other guys.
Last edited by truetalk on Thu May 02, 2024 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

truetalk wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:55 am
They were not poor.

They hit the bar and missed a penatly against Senegal in extra time at the AFCON semis. This was a Senegalese team that was out to get one back on Nigeria by all means after we knocked them out of the previous AFCON in Lagos (Aghahowa).

As we found out later, it was a pretty good Senegal side as they made the Quarter Finals of the World Cup a few months later.

We ended up destroying a pretty good SE and experienced SE side that could have made a run in Japan. No Oliseh (Captain), No Finidi (Vice Captain), and a couple of other guys.
I see you only mentioned one match where we were playing against 10 men. Isokay.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lolly is such a loser and a liar. He was part of the group that pushed for the firing of AModu .Which 2002 afcon squad was poor? Go back and watch the games. We also played with. 9 men..(Aghawonder and Udeze were both sent off)
Senegal were very lucky in that match, Jayjay's free kick hit the post, we missed a PK etc. it just wasn't meant to be

Shorumu and Lawal cost us that game and then even in the WC shorumu with his poor goalkicks gave Sweden a goal. I think he was not very good as a goalie for the SE , in AFCON 2000 , there was a shot by Mboma that went through his legs
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

First, I do not think his job is temporary but there are truly concerns:

1. It seems that there is no contract yet. Maybe they are waiting for a contract to be agreed. However, having announced him already why not still have him meet the press?

2. The NFF clearly has a poor strategy working with the press. This really is a big problem. The NFF has to realize that news abhors vacuum. The more you wait, the more rumors emerge and grow.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enugu II wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:14 pm First, I do not think his job is temporary but there are truly concerns:

1. It seems that there is no contract yet. Maybe they are waiting for a contract to be agreed. However, having announced him already why not still have him meet the press?

2. The NFF clearly has a poor strategy working with the press. This really is a big problem. The NFF has to realize that news abhors vacuum. The more you wait, the more rumors emerge and grow.
Oga, there’s a lot that’s very puzzling about this if we’re to be honest. Finidi has not even said a word about his appointment as the head coach of SE. Not even the customary thanks and I’ll do my best etc. Worst yet, he hasn’t even been seen on camera doing anything relating to assuming the job.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

You'd be a liar if you can't admit the rollout has been abysmal and unprofessional.

The announcement should have mentioned contract duration and a follow up statement from the new coach talking about how he feels about his new position. There'll also be clarity on his current role....if he's staying till season is over etc.

Instead we have very stupid reports of an open home based camp and irresponsible statements from Ikpeba. The press are even worse. No one has gone tot he NFF for clarification...they just post on twitter that he was a good/bad choice.

I really hate Nigerian press sometimes. They are just as bad/unprofessional as the NFF itself. Whatever happened to the media officer of the NFF?

What a SHAM.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

They were not poor.

They hit the bar and missed a penatly against Senegal in extra time at the AFCON semis. This was a Senegalese team that was out to get one back on Nigeria by all means after we knocked them out of the previous AFCON in Lagos (Aghahowa). We always had their number (Sia1 and Keshi scored as we beat them at home in the AFCON they hosted a few years earlier), and we were that hurdle that they were determined to break.

We ended up destroying a pretty good and experienced SE side that could have made a run in Japan. No Oliseh (Captain), No Finidi (Vice Captain), and a couple of other guys.
SIR, YOUR MEMORY IS PERFECT

As being suggested here, the reason the NFA fired Amodu, after he did the impossible, had nothing to do wih the quality of the team. It was simply that the NFA couldn't see this unsophisticated (my word) coach being the face of Nigeria in Japan/Korea. The loss to a 10-man Cameroon team gave them the perfect excuse and they quickly seized it. Many of us remember how the attempt at sabotage began during camping when there was a near mutiny so it wasn't even a united team that went to the tournament.
Bell
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Bell wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:09 pm
They were not poor.

As being suggested here, the reason the NFA fired Amodu, after he did the impossible, had nothing to do wih the quality of the team. It was simply that the NFA couldn't see this unsophisticated (my word) coach being the face of Nigeria in Japan/Korea. The loss to a 10-man Cameroon team gave them the perfect excuse and they quickly seized it. Many of us remember how the attempt at sabotage began during camping when there was a near mutiny so it wasn't even a united team that went to the tournament.
Bell
Was Pa Onigbinde’s face with his tribal marks more sophisticated than Amodu’s? :lol:
I am happy
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ITKs
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:48 am Lolly is such a loser and a liar. He was part of the group that pushed for the firing of AModu .Which 2002 afcon squad was poor? Go back and watch the games. We also played with. 9 men..(Aghawonder and Udeze were both sent off)
Senegal were very lucky in that match, Jayjay's free kick hit the post, we missed a PK etc. it just wasn't meant to be

Shorumu and Lawal cost us that game and then even in the WC shorumu with his poor goalkicks gave Sweden a goal. I think he was not very good as a goalie for the SE , in AFCON 2000 , there was a shot by Mboma that went through his legs
:lol: You must think you are educating one of your ignorant students.

Senegal went down to 10 men from the 34th minute and then took the lead in the 54th minute. Aghahowa equalised for us in the 84th minute before Senegal scored the winning goal in the 97th minute of extra-time still paying 10 v 11. Our 2 players were sent off in the 111th and 120th minute. Meaning Senegal played us with 10 men for 77 minutes of the match and were leading 2-1 by the time our first player was sent off.

Its a shame that we can't retrieve pre-2000 threads. You would have seen the abuse Amodu got from posters here.

Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Dammy wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:25 pm
They were not poor.

Bell
Was Pa Onigbinde’s face with his tribal marks more sophisticated than Amodu’s? :lol:
TO REFRESH YOUR MEMORY...

...Ongbinde was was the last available option. Before they settled for him, the NFA went all over the world looking for a foreign coach. They settled for him after all others rebuffed them. This was a time when the NFA was very image conscious having received favorable coverage from 1994. (At that time, there was all kind of talk that Onigbinde was working against Amodu as a member of the tech committee(?))
Bell
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The guy is barely into his tenure. They are already plotting how they go fire him and get some one else.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:55 pm The guy is barely into his tenure. They are already plotting how they go fire him and get some one else.
So how long is his tenure? You can’t fire someone you didn’t hire in the first place.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Dammy wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:25 pm
They were not poor.

Bell
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Dude, you got me cracking up. You're bad man!:rotf: :rotf:.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:18 am No contract details.
No press conference
No assistant coaches

There's nothing new here. This is NFF's modus operandi :D . If you recall, they did the same thing when José Peseiro was first announced before 2022 AFCON.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

packerland wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:25 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:55 pm The guy is barely into his tenure. They are already plotting how they go fire him and get some one else.
So how long is his tenure? You can’t fire someone you didn’t hire in the first place.
Was Peseiro treated better than Finidi early in his tenure?

That is all the evidence you need for the existence of WOWO.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx