Ademola Lookman has been nominated for April's Serie A Player of the Month Award

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Ademola Lookman has been nominated for April's Serie A Player of the Month Award

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ademola Lookman has been nominated for April's Serie A Player of the Month Award

Post by vancity eagle »

But he's not good enough for Finidi the Fraud.
highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: Ademola Lookman has been nominated for April's Serie A Player of the Month Award

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:08 pm But he's not good enough for Finidi the Fraud.
Really! Is that right Fraud detector? Tell me something :D
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Why do you keep saying Finidi does not like Lookman? Do you have any proof?

vancity eagle wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:08 pm But he's not good enough for Finidi the Fraud.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

I pray Finidi succeed so that he can do to you what Keshi did to you

Continue to HATE
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

goke313 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:23 am Imagine being in form in Serie A but not good enough to start for SE👀
He and other regulars didn’t have to start in the friendly matches. The issue was Finidi not giving some of the others any minutes over the 2 matches.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

goke313 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:23 am Imagine being in form in Serie A but not good enough to start for SE👀
Why do you think that it is impossible? Football is a team sport and your form is as good as how you play with the group. We have a starting defender in the Bundesliga [Akpoguma] who could not play well with SE. previously, we also had a top striker in Germany [Akpoborire] who could not start with SE. There are other examples.

In any case, Lookman has played well in the SE and I believe the personnel change in the formation led to Lookman not starting in the few friendlies handled by Finidi. It does not mean it will be the case in the future. But if it does, it will not have anything to do with how Lookman does at his club but with how Nigeria seeks to play.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:59 am
Why do you think that it is impossible? Football is a team sport and your form is as good as how you play with the group. We have a starting defender in the Bundesliga [Akpoguma] who could not play well with SE. previously, we also had a top striker in Germany [Akpoborire] who could not start with SE. There are other examples.

In any case, Lookman has played well in the SE and I believe the personnel change in the formation led to Lookman not starting in the few friendlies handled by Finidi. It does not mean it will be the case in the future. But if it does, it will not have anything to do with how Lookman does at his club but with how Nigeria seeks to play.
I would be shocked if Lookman doesn’t start in Finidi’s first competitive match because of how Nigeria seeks to play. We wait and see.
Last edited by Lolly on Fri May 03, 2024 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

so many goats on this forum, this thread is about voting for Lookman, instead the goats have decided to derail the thread, e no go better for some of una on CE..
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:27 am

I would have be shocked if Lookman doesn’t start in Finidi’s first competitive match because of how Nigeria seeks to play. We wait and see.
He might but more likely as a withdrawn forward rather than out in the wide areas.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Isn’t the purpose of friendlies to try out new formations and new players? So because Lookman didn’t start a friendly game, all of a sudden Finidi is a Fraud? The same Lookman that started pretty much all the AFCON games?

You really need to see a Psychiatrist!
Peter Obi For President 2023
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Babalawo wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:20 pm
Isn’t the purpose of friendlies to try out new formations and new players? So because Lookman didn’t start a friendly game, all of a sudden Finidi is a Fraud? The same Lookman that started pretty much all the AFCON games?

You really need to see a Psychiatrist!
Did he try out new players ?

Or did he leave them on the bench for 2 straight matches ?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:12 pm

I would have be shocked if Lookman doesn’t start in Finidi’s first competitive match because of how Nigeria seeks to play. We wait and see.
He might but more likely as a withdrawn forward rather than out in the wide areas.
The one player that gives you goals, hustle and defends well from the front must start. We go see.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Lolly wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:47 pm

The one player that gives you goals, hustle and defends well from the front must start. We go see.
But the same Lookman who is up for an award does not always start for his club.
The point is that the team is flexible enough to have quality subs.
Arguably, some will choose him over Iheanacho, and some will choose Iheanacho over him.
Some will find a way to play him... like push him out wide in the absence of Moses.
But in the games he did not start it was not like they used someone who was inferior to him. It was about preference.

Personally, I like that his game has rounded out nicely, and he should play. But depending on tactics and personnel available, if Boniface is healthy, would Boniface pair with Osimhen or start from the bench?
Who is the perfect striking partner for Osimhen?
Would he operate as a midfielder or a support striker?

I mean, there are sooooo many variables that will determine if he starts, where he starts, and how best to use him.

A good problem to have. For me, he brings instant offense as a sub.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly,

You have a point there but bear in mind that he is competing with Kelechi,Moffi etc. Kele also scores regularly for country. I think that Fonidi is likely going to ditch wingers from the wide positions and use wide backs instead. This is what he clearly did in the friendlies which meant Lookman did not start. Note that even Moses played but as a central striker in those two games. It should be obvious what Finidi is attempting.

Now, I feel Lookman has a shot as the second forward, next to Victor but he has lots of competition. He was one of Nigeria's best players at the AFCON. However, he has not always played at that level for Nigeria and the difference is that he gave 110 at the AFCON. Prior to the AFCON, Lookman was clearly not giving 110. We shall see if he continues to give 110.
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Enugu II wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:38 pm

Lolly,

You have a point there but bear in mind that he is competing with Kelechi,Moffi etc. Kele also scores regularly for country. I think that Fonidi is likely going to ditch wingers from the wide positions and use wide backs instead. This is what he clearly did in the friendlies which meant Lookman did not start. Note that even Moses played but as a central striker in those two games. It should be obvious what Finidi is attempting.

Now, I feel Lookman has a shot as the second forward, next to Victor but he has lots of competition. He was one of Nigeria's best players at the AFCON. However, he has not always played at that level for Nigeria and the difference is that he gave 110 at the AFCON. Prior to the AFCON, Lookman was clearly not giving 110. We shall see if he continues to give 110.
There is no foward position that Kelechi plays better than Lookman on current form. 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 no serious coach will start Kelechi when Lookman is available on current form. Lookman was arguably our best player in AFCON. Its like saying you support a coach sitting Osimhen for Sadiq.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

ugly boy wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:54 pm
Enugu II wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:38 pm

Lolly,

There is no foward position that Kelechi plays better than Lookman on current form. 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 no serious coach will start Kelechi when Lookman is available on current form. Lookman was arguably our best player in AFCON. Its like saying you support a coach sitting Osimhen for Sadiq.

SURE, MOST COACHES DO - IN A FRIENDLY (EXHIBITION)

You don't get much by playing Osimhen in a friendly - he's a known quantity. But that would not happen in matches that count. In many of their exhibition games, the Miami coach kept Messi on the bench. There are NFL and NBA coaches who don't even play their proven players in the pre-season, preferring to see what growth younger and lesser known players have recorded. And to avoid injuries to key players in "meaningless" friendlies and to have them rested when they count.
Bell