“There is still bad blood” – Amunike makes first comments since losing Super Eagles job to Finidi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: “There is still bad blood” – Amunike makes first comments since losing Super Eagles job to Finidi

Post by Cellular »

oloye wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:02 am
Bell wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:12 am INTRIGUES ARE NOT LIMITED TO NIGERIA OR THE NFF

It's in everything worldwide, not just sports. We don't know if there's any in this case and if there is, it's not necessarily ill-motivated - there may be legitimate reasons to pick one person over another, especially if only one can be picked.

If Amunike saw something nefarious in the process let him bring it out. Otherwise, it's best for him to lay low and wait for other opportunities. And in the time being it helps if he's seen as a supporter of the selected candidate. Having indigenous coaches is bigger than one person's ambition. Antagonizing people is not the best way to go about things.
Bell
I spoke to him yesterday as soon as I saw this article, i think the use of the phrase "bad blood" sent out a wrong message. To start with Amuneke and Finidi are very close , he is is happy for Finidi. But it would appear whatever problems there are, dates back to his time with the association. He is seen as someone they cannot control, and that i think would always become the bad blood.
Baba Oloye, welcome back.
I don't know if Amuneke is one of those who takes advice from anyone.
But until they change the NFF Technical Committee he won't be going anywhere.
Any utterances he makes during or after this ordeal will affirm any bias those who blocked him have against him.

Again, he should hire a good agent (agency). One who has long tentacles, globally. If his passion is coaching I don't understand why he remained unemployed as a coach for 4 years. In this part of the world, you see head coaches who, when they get fired, still proceed to become assistant coaches or position coaches so as to not have a gap in their resume.

I hope this experience spurs him into action...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: “There is still bad blood” – Amunike makes first comments since losing Super Eagles job to Finidi

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:27 pm
Bell wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:12 am INTRIGUES ARE NOT LIMITED TO NIGERIA OR THE NFF

It's in everything worldwide, not just sports. We don't know if there's any in this case and if there is, it's not necessarily ill-motivated - there may be legitimate reasons to pick one person over another, especially if only one can be picked.

If Amunike saw something nefarious in the process let him bring it out. Otherwise, it's best for him to lay low and wait for other opportunities. And in the time being it helps if he's seen as a supporter of the selected candidate. Having indigenous coaches is bigger than one person's ambition. Antagonizing people is not the best way to go about things.
Bell
I spoke to him yesterday as soon as I saw this article, i think the use of the phrase "bad blood" sent out a wrong message. To start with Amuneke and Finidi are very close , he is is happy for Finidi. But it would appear whatever problems there are, dates back to his time with the association. He is seen as someone they cannot control, and that i think would always become the bad blood.
Baba Oloye, welcome back.
I don't know if Amuneke is one of those who takes advice from anyone.
But until they change the NFF Technical Committee he won't be going anywhere.
Any utterances he makes during or after this ordeal will affirm any bias those who blocked him have against him.

Again, he should hire a good agent (agency). One who has long tentacles, globally. If his passion is coaching I don't understand why he remained unemployed as a coach for 4 years. In this part of the world, you see head coaches who, when they get fired, still proceed to become assistant coaches or position coaches so as to not have a gap in their resume.

I hope this experience spurs him into action...
Uncle, what i find most interesting was how the media backed him significantly, even naming him as the coach. Who was doing his bidding in the media?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:15 pm
Lolly wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:53 am

Bell
I actually thought it was fake news. So he said some things about him losing out? Interesting.

His time will come.
To do what? Are you guys NOT tired of E mi lo kan? Who cursed you people? There is no such thing as anyone's time! Nigeria is NOT anyone's property. If he wants to coach the SE, let him go out there and get a dang job and work hard! Win league titles and prove himself. :oops: :oops:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I have lost all hope for Nigeria...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Truth is, both Amunike and Finidi are hardly qualified for the job based on their resumes. Not sure how much of an input or impact Finidi had on Peseiro’s team and SE an definitely do much better than Amunike. They should have done all they could to keep Peseiro if it was possible or look for someone with pedigree.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Cellular wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:20 pm
Babalawo wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:15 pm Amuneke can be given the U20/23 Job, both categories have been stinking up the joint lately.
He gets to prove himself in an U-20 World Cup or the Olympics, both of which are World standard with good exposure and perfect for CV building.
He must not wait for the SE!
He shouldn't be given anything.

He should EARN IT!

First thing is to get an agent that will help him land a coaching job.

Having won an U-17 WC a+ Coaching an AFCON team IMHO should be enough qualification for the U-20 Flying Eagles.
He is based in Nigeria and can harness the local league for the next generation of SE players. I would prefer him over the other clowns (Bosso, Salisu et al)
Peter Obi For President 2023
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Babalawo wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:07 pm
Cellular wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:20 pm
Babalawo wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:15 pm Amuneke can be given the U20/23 Job, both categories have been stinking up the joint lately.
He gets to prove himself in an U-20 World Cup or the Olympics, both of which are World standard with good exposure and perfect for CV building.
He must not wait for the SE!
He shouldn't be given anything.

He should EARN IT!

First thing is to get an agent that will help him land a coaching job.

Having won an U-17 WC a+ Coaching an AFCON team IMHO should be enough qualification for the U-20 Flying Eagles.
He is based in Nigeria and can harness the local league for the next generation of SE players. I would prefer him over the other clowns (Bosso, Salisu et al)

If I were to advise the NFF, I would say fuse the U20&U23 programs into one coaching team. Saves them money anyway.
Peter Obi For President 2023