Rivers United threaten to leave Nigeria league??

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Rivers United threaten to leave Nigeria league??

Post by Purity »

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Rivers United threaten to leave Nigeria league??

Post by Damunk »

Purity wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:59 pm
Purity, could you kindly expand on this and explain the issues they are complaining about?
Thanks. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

let them go. They've shamed us . We need the true power houses like Insurance, Enyimba etc. Rivers are just upset they are about to get relegated
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:46 pm let them go. They've shamed us . We need the true power houses like Insurance, Enyimba etc. Rivers are just upset they are about to get relegated
The LMCNPFL should call their bluff and banish them to regional league.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

1naija walks in and sees an ongoing meeting of unpatriotic Nigerians, storms out and shouts Tufiakwa!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

1st of all they need to change their name, WTF is Rivers United? That’s some Colonial BS of a name, might as well answer Donatus or Cletus United.

2ndly, they should leave and let us know when they want to auction their assets. I can use the team bus for Owerri-Portharcourt transportation.
Peter Obi For President 2023
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Oh Lawd, more members have joined the meeting.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Babalawo wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:17 pm 1st of all they need to change their name, WTF is Rivers United? That’s some Colonial BS of a name, might as well answer Donatus or Cletus United.

2ndly, they should leave and let us know when they want to auction their assets. I can use the team bus for Owerri-Portharcourt transportation.
Dem wan make pesin beg dem.

Imagine! :(
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Using a gmail.com address for business communication. Kai! Naijaaaaa! :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

1naija wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:02 pm 1naija walks in and sees an ongoing meeting of unpatriotic Nigerians, storms out and shouts Tufiakwa!
It would have been better to shout tufiakwa first, and then storm out. :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Oh thank goodness. What a useless club. Imagine losing to child soldiers from congo, Algerians terrorists and tour guides from Tanzania. They have embarrassed Nigeria enough :veryangry:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

1naija wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:18 pm Oh Lawd, more members have joined the meeting.
But cooking spoon nefa join yet, he might have a theory on the alleged maltreat
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

DEFECT A REFORMED LEAGUE WOULD CURE

This cannot happen in any of the major leagues in any sport anywhere in the world. The reason it's happening here is because the clubs are treated as personal possessions. The business/legal reform needed is that clubs become franchises owned by the league, not by private parties, and can be transferred between entities.

In this case, the present owners need only declare their desire not to participate anymore and new owners are found.

Another reform that's needed is in the area of rulings. If a franchise feels wronged they simply appeal to the league authorities where a final and binding decision is made. This idea of "I'm gone if I don't like the decision" is so 70'ish and bush league.
Bell
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

1naija realizes it's not too late to tell unpatriotic Nigerians tufiakwa in their faces. Walks back in, sees that more unpatriotic faces have shown up including one big head from Ngbidi and one piss poor agent with clients in the Gaza strip, takes a deep breath and yells tufiakwa in each of their faces and storms out.
Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:39 pm Using a gmail.com address for business communication. Kai! Naijaaaaa! :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Last edited by 1naija on Sat May 04, 2024 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

What are they waiting for?
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Rivers United cannot hold the organizers to ransom. The fact is that the congestion was induced by their demands to put off their games to enable them prepare for continental competition. Now they are attempting to bully the NFF to give them more concessions, is that the issue? If it is, then the NFF should simply ignore. These clubs have often pushed the NFF to keep putting off games and leading to problems. This starts even before the first game of every season. That rubbish must stop and the MFF should put its feet down and strongly. If Rivers carry out the threat then simply issue hefty sanctions.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Enugu II wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:48 am Rivers United cannot hold the organizers to ransom. The fact is that the congestion was induced by their demands to put off their games to enable them prepare for continental competition. Now they are attempting to bully the NFF to give them more concessions, is that the issue? If it is, then the NFF should simply ignore. These clubs have often pushed the NFF to keep putting off games and leading to problems. This starts even before the first game of every season. That rubbish must stop and the MFF should put its feet down and strongly. If Rivers carry out the threat then simply issue hefty sanctions.
THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN ABSENCE OF PRE-ESTABLISHED RULES

Reforms are needed to avoid doing things on ad hoc bases. Leagues in the advanced countries have rules to govern as many anticipated events as possible. When the unexpected happens, they seek binding ruling from those who run them.
Bell