The NFF should give Finidi a contract that will end after the WC 2026

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
The NFF should give Finidi a contract that will end after the WC 2026

Post by ohenhen1 »

Own goal is spreading a rumor that it is going to be a 1 year contract with option for an extension based on reaching semifinals of AFCON. This stupid nonsense clause don come again. What if Afcon is posponed again what will they do. If I were Finidi I would reject that clause. I will want a standard 2 year contract or until after WC 2026, No more triggering clause nonsense. At tbe end of the WC 2026 sn extension can be negotiated based on mutual interest. Also dont include a clause that will make it easy for the NFF to fire you like the clause they used against Keshi. The coach must also control player selection.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The NFF should give Finidi a contract that will end after the WC 2026

Post by ohenhen1 »

I think the NFF legal department have pre printed contracts and they don't change it. That reaching semifinals of Afcon clause is in thepre printed contract that they offer to SE coaches. Change is not easy.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

What will happen if Finidi decides he wants a huge pay increase after Afcon ? Will we be left without a coach again ?

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

So it was OK to have a semifinal clause when it was a foreign coach, but for your local hero he doesn't need to have any targets at all ?

Many of you are even claiming that qualification for WC 2026 is not a must.

You guys are complete frauds.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:59 pm So it was OK to have a semifinal clause when it was a foreign coach, but for your local hero he doesn't need to have any targets at all ?

Many of you are even claiming that qualification for WC 2026 is not a must.

You guys are complete frauds.
Ok Angel. Ok Foreign Champion
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Clauses like Peseiro must coach at Afcon. Semifinal targets is why we are in this current mess. Afcon was postponed to 2024. NFF was afraid or pretended to be affraid that if they fired him in July when his contract expired they would be in breach of his contract. So they negotiated a pay cut and brought Peseiro back in September. The guy went on to create a mess by drawing with Lesotho and Zimbabwe. He then reedemed himself by reaching the Afcon final, meeting that Semifinals clause. Peseiro then told the NFF he wanted a pay increase. The NFF wanted the Sports ministry to pay it. The sports minister agreed. But Pesiero at the end of day bowed out. Now Nigeria is in the niddle of world cup qualifications without a head coach. The NFF took their time. Waited until the end of April to appoint a coach. Now they want to start the cyle again with idiotic contract clause.

We need to stop doing idiotic things. Give Finidi a contract until after the WC. No more target clauss. After 2026 if they want to extend Finidi or hire a new coach. Give that coach a 4 year contract until after the 2030 world cup. No more tournament target clauses.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I agree that a semi final clause is stupid.

But YOU SUPPORTED IT when it was for Peseiro.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm I agree that a semi final clause is stupid.

Should there be a benchmark? If so, what should it be?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:43 pm Own goal is spreading a rumor that it is going to be a 1 year contract with option for an extension based on reaching semifinals of AFCON. This stupid nonsense clause don come again. What if Afcon is posponed again what will they do. If I were Finidi I would reject that clause. I will want a standard 2 year contract or until after WC 2026, No more triggering clause nonsense. At tbe end of the WC 2026 sn extension can be negotiated based on mutual interest. Also dont include a clause that will make it easy for the NFF to fire you like the clause they used against Keshi. The coach must also control player selection.
is it OWNGOAL or more like own ohenhen fighting with demon inside him head
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:27 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm I agree that a semi final clause is stupid.

EII,

None is required. I actually agree with Ohenhen that the NFF should do away with target based clauses but replace those with reasonable ‘fire for cause’ clauses🤔❗️

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Finidi's job is only guaranteed for 30 days. If he doesn't come out of the SA and Benin games with at least 4pts he's a gonna.. fact.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I think it should be more subjective.

Ie. Are we playing well and making satisfactory progress ?

For example suppose Aliou Cisse was under such a contract as Peseiro.

Do you think he should be fired because Senegal was knocked out by penalties in the 2nd round to the eventual champions ?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:55 am

Do you think he should be fired because Senegal was knocked out by penalties in the 2nd round to the eventual champions ?
VE

That is actually what you should NOT DO.

It is better to develop a measurable criteria to avoid making decisions that are extremely subjective. The only problem I see with reaching the final four of an AFCON is that it is much more difficult than qualifying for a World Cup.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The clause should be like contract until after WC or Afcon. There should be a start and end date.

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:42 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:55 am

VE

That is actually what you should NOT DO.

It is better to develop a measurable criteria to avoid making decisions that are extremely subjective. The only problem I see with reaching the final four of an AFCON is that it is much more difficult than qualifying for a World Cup.
EII,

Yes, AFCON is a much more difficult tournament than World Cup qualifying. The best teams on paper can be knocked out in any round for any number of reasons not related to coaching incompetence. However, one can conclude that if, for example, a team projected to reach the finals fails to win a single game in the round robin stage then a very strong case can be made for coaching incompetence🤔❗️

Cheers.