Well Written Article!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Well Written Article!!

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 3:25 pm As for Odemwingie, his actions and utterances shows that he is NOT of sound mind. He has had public displays of mental health issues. He was imposed on the 2014 World Cup team and did what he typically does... destroy the team chemistry by physically fighting his teammate. Notice I didn't use "allegedly." His outbursts on social media also does not depict someone who is of sound mind.
Says who?
You?
See as you just casually label person, just like that.
Na so dem dey do am?
Of what nature, may I ask?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Babadee
Egg
Egg

Post by Babadee »

Enugu II wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:42 am
Babadee wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:59 am
aruako1 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:23 am
Babadee wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:17 am
highbury wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:30 am If you don't like the article, please look within yourself. This is an excellently written article by the Mathemical himself.

https://www.completesports.com/finidi-g ... -odegbami/
It’s very poorly written if you ask me.

If this is published worldwide it can be labeled as racist

Football in Europe is more advanced than African football. So also coaching

Odewingie said correctly Nigerian coaches end up to become agents.

Keshi who was Nigeria model coach was collecting bribe to field players.
You are a prime example of the reason why Odegbami has felt the need to write the article. Did you just take Odemwingie's word for it when he accused Kanu's wife of wooing him? Why have you not sent your evidence of corruption to the authorities? Any evidence of corruption from Finidi you can share with us?

You talk about racism but you also tar all Nigerian coaches with the same brush
Hire based on competence and not race or skin color.

If you get an ex player with not enough coaching experience, it will back fire.

Last time a Nigerian coach won a competition in the African continent was when ? Maybe Enyimba coach.

They also have not helped their own case.
Babadee,

When last did an FC win the AFCON? Just asking in response to the point about last time a Nigerian coach won a competition in the continent. LOL. 😃 😀

The point is that such statements are truly meaningless. There are multiple factors that impact winning a trophy.

2 out of 3 afcon trophies won by FC.

It’s not even about AFCON, it’s about the qualifying for WC and AFCON.

Nigerian coaches serially failed to qualify. Go and check anytime there is a failure to qualify for WC. A Nigerian coach is behind it bar Keshi and Westerhoff.

Nigerian coaches after a while will start to beg those players for money and then only ppl who settle will be called up.

Amuneke after been sacked from Tanzania he has been waiting on SE Job for years. Why is he not actively engaged, If it’s not Amuneke they will pass it to Eguaveon.

I prefer Finidi my main issue is Odegbami article that he regurgitates like you are listening to a Fela track from 1970s about colonial mentality.

The world is a global village many Nigerians work abroad and vice versa. Hiring based on merit and not race or color.

Emenalo that was hired by Chelsea and Saudi league do you think there were no locals that could do.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Babadee wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:05 pm
highbury wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:30 am If you don't like the article, please look within yourself. This is an excellently written article by the Mathemical himself.

You are a prime example of the reason why Odegbami has felt the need to write the article. Did you just take Odemwingie's word for it when he accused Kanu's wife of wooing him? Why have you not sent your evidence of corruption to the authorities? Any evidence of corruption from Finidi you can share with us?

Last time a Nigerian coach won a competition in the African continent was when ? Maybe Enyimba coach.

Babadee,

When last did an FC win the AFCON? Just asking in response to the point about last time a Nigerian coach won a competition in the continent. LOL. 😃 😀

The point is that such statements are truly meaningless. There are multiple factors that impact winning a trophy.

Nigerian coaches serially failed to qualify. Go and check anytime there is a failure to qualify for WC. A Nigerian coach is behind it bar Keshi and Westerhoff.

Nigerian coaches after a while will start to beg those players for money and then only ppl who settle will be called up.

Amuneke after been sacked from Tanzania he has been waiting on SE Job for years. Why is he not actively engaged, If it’s not Amuneke they will pass it to Eguaveon.

I prefer Finidi my main issue is Odegbami article that he regurgitates like you are listening to a Fela track from 1970s about colonial mentality.

The world is a global village many Nigerians work abroad and vice versa. Hiring based on merit and not race or color.

Emenalo that was hired by Chelsea and Saudi league do you think there were no locals that could do.
Well said, many of those critics of foreign coaches are living abroad doing jobs that locals can do!
If their logic was applied to them, they would be out of work!
I am happy
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

LET'S CONSIDER ISSUES RAISED

I agree. Balogun, Ekong, Plumptre, Waldrum, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Abraham, Saka, etc, come on down.

Should be true of foreign coaches also so the likes of Lagerback are not begged to stay after a disastrous outing

Put things in context. For example, Nigerian coaches are always deprived of the country's best players since most of them have found work outside the country.
Bell
Last edited by Bell on Wed May 08, 2024 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Babadee,

THE WORLD IS SURELY A GLOBAL VILLAGE, AND...we see foreign countries employing Nigerians, and Nigeria reciprocating. That is why you have people from Ghana, Lebanon, India, S. Africa, Britain, USA, Italy, Philippines, China, etc, working gainfully and peacefully in Nigeria also. As far as I know, no one's asking them to return to their own countries.

But this global village thing has limits and is not a free for all. Those Nigerians you cited for example can never become presidents in most, if not all the countries, they're living in. The same goes for many other positions considered sensitive or strategic. If those countries can draw lines, what's wrong with Nigeria doing the same, in this case and only temporarily, for the position of men's national team football coach?
Bell
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

When was the last time an Oyinbo coach win the AFCON? Unfortunately for them, stats show that Oyinbo coaches aren't the differentiators they used to be. African coaches have shown they are at least as capable as Oyinbo coaches. Their results in over a decade of AFCONs and the last WC clearly show that Oyinbo savior coach is a myth.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:27 pm

Babadee,

Well said, many of those critics of foreign coaches are living abroad doing jobs that locals can do!
Dammy

You seem not to understand the issues. However, let me address the premise above.

1. First, those "living abroad and doing jobs that locals can do" is a false premise. Those you define as living abroad are actually bona-fide citizens of USA and UK where they live and are entitled to those jobs. LOL. They are part of "locals." In the USA, if you are not a citizen or a permanent resident, you can hardly find a job. You have to be a local or citizen to work. If not, they are only going to hire you in a high paying job if they show that no local is qualified for that very job. I want that to be clear.

2. Thus, if you want to use those countries as your examples, you know what the answer should be in terms if the debate here. 😉

3. Now to be specific on the debate here: if we use your example above then no foreigner should be hired to manage Nigeria's Super Eagles unless the person is a citizen or qualifies for permanent residence in Nigeria. That is how those you identify as Nigerians are qualified to work in the USA and other locations i.e. they are citizens!

4. In my view, specifically MINE, there is no reason to hire a foreigner paid loads of money when there are similarly capable locals who can do the job for less.

5. If there is an EXCEPTIONAL foreigner, without a local equivalent, then go ahead and hire the foreigner. Note that this policy is also the practice in other nations if you choose to examine such nations.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:19 am

Babadee,

Dammy

You seem not to understand the issues. However, let me address the premise above.

1. First, those "living abroad and doing jobs that locals can do" is a false premise. Those you define as living abroad are actually bona-fide citizens of USA and UK where they live and are entitled to those jobs. LOL. They are part of "locals." In the USA, if you are not a citizen or a permanent resident, you can hardly find a job. You have to be a local or citizen to work. If not, they are only going to hire you in a high paying job if they show that no local is qualified for that very job. I want that to be clear.

2. Thus, if you want to use those countries as your examples, you know what the answer should be in terms if the debate here. 😉

3. Now to be specific on the debate here: if we use your example above then no foreigner should be hired to manage Nigeria's Super Eagles unless the person is a citizen or qualifies for permanent residence in Nigeria. That is how those you identify as Nigerians are qualified to work in the USA and other locations i.e. they are citizens!

4. In my view, specifically MINE, there is no reason to hire a foreigner paid loads of money when there are similarly capable locals who can do the job for less.

5. If there is an EXCEPTIONAL foreigner, without a local equivalent, then go ahead and hire the foreigner. Note that this policy is also the practice in other nations if you choose to examine such nations.
E11, with due respect, let this be the last time you patronise me on this forum or the gloves will be off! I didn’t read past your usual “ you don’t seem to understand”, which is your usual intellectually empty response coated in pseudo intellectual logic. I am not one of them taken in by your empty rhetoric. Your position on issues on the forum is well known and no among of juggling of empty rhetoric confuses anyone again.
What is there to understand? Are we discussing rocket science or brain surgery? Abeg let that be the last time you try it with me.
Damunk has also warned you in the past!
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:34 am

Babadee,

Dammy

E11, with due respect, let this be the last time you patronise me on this forum or the gloves will be off! I didn’t read past your usual “ you don’t seem to understand”, which is your usual intellectually empty response coated in pseudo intellectual logic. I am not one of them taken in by your empty rhetoric. Your position on issues on the forum is well known and no among of juggling of empty rhetoric confuses anyone again.
What is there to understand? Are we discussing rocket science or brain surgery? Abeg let that be the last time you try it with me.
Dammy

It is not my position. It is reality. These are not Nigerians working overseas. They are Americans or they are British. That is the citizenship that they hold. You need to read it because the claim you make I s obviously wrong.

Be aware that it is not going to be the last time as long as we are all contributing on this forum. It remains my choice to respond to a posting of my choosing. Importantly, I will definitely respond to a contribution that I find that is inaccurate like the one that I just responded to.

Most people that you apparently assume to be solely Nigerian citizens working abroad, are simply not. They are dual citizens and have access to rights and responsibilities of citizen as in the country where they currently reside.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:13 am

Babadee,

Dammy

Dammy

It is not my position. It is reality. These are not Nigerians working overseas. They are Americans or they are British. That is the citizenship that they hold. You need to read it because the claim you make I s obviously wrong.

Be aware that it is not going to be the last time as long as we are all contributing on this forum. It remains my choice to respond to a posting of my choosing. Importantly, I will definitely respond to a contribution that I find that is inaccurate like the one that I just responded to.

Most people that you apparently assume to be solely Nigerian citizens working abroad, are simply not. They are dual citizens and have access to rights and responsibilities of citizen as in the country where they currently reside.
EII, I repeat, don’t patronise me with your responses to my comments. You are free to disagree with my comments, but enough of your patronising responses otherwise you go hear am!
I am happy
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Dammy

Chief Dammy, abeg, calm down small.
I don read una exchange and I jos dey scratch my head to see what was so offensive in the response from Enugu II.

Anyway, I am a local in Amelika. In my job and all previous jobs in Amelika they would hire locals first before looking to hire outside talent. The work visa requirement like you know is a strenous process.

I know some of yous believe that coaching football is Rocket Science (we even have local rocket scientists sef).

What Enugu II was explaining was what pertains to the US. You have to be EXCEPTIONAL to get work visa for a job that a local can do. Even when the US hired Klinsmann in 2011 they started pursuing him in 2006, he was a Greencard holder who later became a naturalized citizen.

So, abeg, do you know of any world-class coach the NFF was intending to hire who would have been deemed EXCEPTIONAL enough to be granted a work visa over an indigenous coach? Abi na a case of any Johnny Foreigner would do regardless of pedigree?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Cellular wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:08 pm
Dammy

I don read una exchange and I jos dey scratch my head to see what was so offensive in the response from Enugu II.

Anyway, I am a local in Amelika. In my job and all previous jobs in Amelika they would hire locals first before looking to hire outside talent. The work visa requirement like you know is a strenous process.

I know some of yous believe that coaching football is Rocket Science (we even have local rocket scientists sef).

What Enugu II was explaining was what pertains to the US. You have to be EXCEPTIONAL to get work visa for a job that a local can do. Even when the US hired Klinsmann in 2011 they started pursuing him in 2006, he was a Greencard holder who later became a naturalized citizen.

So, abeg, do you know of any world-class coach the NFF was intending to hire who would have been deemed EXCEPTIONAL enough to be granted a work visa over an indigenous coach? Abi na a case of any Johnny Foreigner would do regardless of pedigree?
Baba Cell, I hail o. He has the penchant when responding to comments I made to say “ I do not understand issues”. I find that patronising and that’s what I was warning him about. I didn’t bother to read any further after that line. He has every right to respond to my comments but I will not accept him telling me over and over that I don’t understand issues being discussed. That’s impugning on my intelligence
I am happy
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Dammy wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:49 pm
Cellular wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:08 pm
Dammy

Baba Cell, I hail o. He has the penchant when responding to comments I made to say “ I do not understand issues”. I find that patronising and that’s what I was warning him about. I didn’t bother to read any further after that line. He has every right to respond to my comments but I will not accept him telling me over and over that I don’t understand issues being discussed. That’s impugning on my intelligence
Bro sometimes it is cultural oh. "You do not understand" doesn't mean "you are stupid" in the UK as I know it. I used to think that "nonsense" was rude when I first got here. I'm sure EII didn't mean to insult you.