Finidi not willing to work with Amokachi, Amuneke

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Finidi not willing to work with Amokachi, Amuneke

Post by Lolly »

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: Finidi not willing to work with Amokachi, Amuneke

Post by highbury »

I don't blame him. It seems like the 94 set don't trust each other.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...where and how did he say that? or is this a junk journo trying instigate trouble.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

another Finidi thread. You should open a thread about Finidi taking a shittttttt
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:50 pm another Finidi thread. You should open a thread about Finidi taking a shittttttt
Well, if you insist, but I'd hate to make your profile picture even more relatable! :rotf:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

This is just the beginning. I hope it ends well. The politics, it might knick us out of the WC next month.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The knives are out for Finidi. How does wanting to pick his own assistants become not willing to work with anyone?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

1naija wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:43 pm The knives are out for Finidi. How does wanting to pick his own assistants become not willing to work with anyone?
Because the NFF wanted him to choose one of them and he said No.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Smart man! :clap:

He should not only say "NO," he should call a press conference and say "TUFIAKWA!!" :oops: hisss...
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

If na you nko?
I am happy
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Speculation. Abeg make we no become like the British tabloids.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I am guessing the NFF sent the directive through you that's how you know this?
Lolly wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:01 pm
1naija wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:43 pm The knives are out for Finidi. How does wanting to pick his own assistants become not willing to work with anyone?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Lolly wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:01 pm
WHICH IS NOT WHAT WE WERE LED TO BELIEVE

They said George was picked because the NFF wanted someone they could control. I'd say let's ignore reports that are merely figments of someone's imagination or put out there to cause discord.
Bell
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I found this suggestion to be unacceptable when it was first speculated. First, those are two guys who wanted the same job. It will be a disaster for Finidi to have even one of them, let alone both, as an assistant. Doing so can undermine Finidi’s efforts. Secondly, if Finidi agrees to it, those guys may not respect him as boss and will work around him and directly link to NFF big wigs who put them in the position. Finidi should never allow such an arrangement. Let Finidi choose his own assistants and I hope he looks towards multiple young managers all over Nigeria at both clubs and academies.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Honestly speaking, I wouldn’t work with them either. Definitely not those two.

However, the NFF has always chosen some assistants for its coaches. Wouldn’t expect this time to be much different
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Finidi should choose his own assistants. Period!
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Now that the fight over which Nigerian should coach the team is over, the next fight is over who should be asst coach before we get to the fight over who should be team Doctor. Ok o.
OCCUPY NFF!!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

This is another insight into how our social politics work. This type of social indiscipline
is why most things do not work as should. What with everyone wanting to have a say, even
on matters they have no knowledge of. A coach should at least choose his assistants so he can
properly conduct and execute his plans.
I can imagine Naija starting a space program and having pastors and imams in the management
committee, simply to satisfy some 'heavenly' interests? We truly are a special breed.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The NFF is leaving space for all of this speculations. Did Finidi tell anyone that he has refused to work with Amuneke or Amokachi?

I don't know about all of this speculations but I know how they do things in NFF. The NFF will be in charge of the hiring of the assitants. Finidi will probably be allowed to bring one or two assitants. But the majority of the staff will be hired by the NFF. Most likely going to have at least one assitant from the North. Even though are not required to do national character by law. They will still practice it saying they receive government money. Finidi will not have the final say on the hiring process but he will be consulted.

Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

Finidi knows too well that these two can neither be loyal nor trustworthy, moreso at this point.
Why can't the man be allowed to choose his backroom staff?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Why can't he pick his own assistant?
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

bret- hart wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:18 pm Why can't he pick his own assistant?
Even Peseiro and Waldrum didn't pick all of their assistants. In the case of Waldrum they forced him to remove one of his assistants he brought from the US. The NFF will pick the assistants. Finidi should accept that but work to try to get a compromise on who they pick.

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:56 pm
bret- hart wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:18 pm Why can't he pick his own assistant?
Even Peseiro and Waldrum didn't pick all of their assistants. In the case of Waldrum they forced him to remove one of his assistants he brought from the US. The NFF will pick the assistants. Finidi should accept that but work to try to get a compromise on who they pick.
You make head shaking statements at times. You want the man to work with someone who more than likely has a different football philosophy from his. Let’s not forget the impact of work chemistry. The honest people here protested when they got rid of Waldrum’s assistant and gave him one of their own coaches. Finidi should be allowed to pick his own assistant.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .