ITs a Shame...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

eric
Egg
Egg
ITs a Shame...

Post by eric »

for all the advancements in the ANC, they still seem to have major problems with getting good quality referees. So it boils down to poor indigenous coaches and poor quality referees in Africa :(
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I have to disagree with you. The refereeing has been decent so far overall.

As for poor indigenous coaches, I have one name for you: Badou Zaki. There are several other good ones.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
eric
Egg
Egg

Post by eric »

Only 1 name in Badou Zaki? Out of 16 countries in the competition?
As far as the refereeing is concerned, I don't think that at this level of competition, "decent" is sufficient. The need more competent/confident referees
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

the Kenyan coach also seemed to have his wits about him.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

There are more but just gave you Baoud Zaki's name as an expl. Jones Attaquaifo (sp?) of Beinin is one. The Egyptian coach is another. Style Mphumo is another. You also have Ghost Mhulee of Kenya. Algeria has a local coach.
Only 1 name in Badou Zaki? Out of 16 countries in the competition?
As far as the refereeing is concerned, I don't think that at this level of competition, "decent" is sufficient. The need more competent/confident referees
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

YUJAM wrote:I have to disagree with you. The refereeing has been decent so far overall.

As for poor indigenous coaches, I have one name for you: Badou Zaki. There are several other good ones.
YUJAM, that yellow against JAG was uncalled for. The guy did not flop. He was pushed and lost his balance. IT seems the refs are in a rush to issue cards.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

True dat but the ref was very good in that one. So far the refs have done well and CAF is taking steps to ensure that all games are reviewed!
YUJAM, that yellow against JAG was uncalled for. The guy did not flop. He was pushed and lost his balance. IT seems the refs are in a rush to issue cards.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

YUJAM wrote:True dat but the ref was very good in that one. So far the refs have done well and CAF is taking steps to ensure that all games are reviewed!
I hope so because They seem to be quite harsh. Its like they are out to prove a point.
eric
Egg
Egg

Post by eric »

Yujam: What then will you say about the Red card to Lua Lua?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Lua Lua has no discipline. While his red card was not justified, I am not surprised he received one!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

YUJAM wrote:Lua Lua has no discipline. While his red card was not justified, I am not surprised he received one!

gotta concur. even though refs aint supposed to do this. they do look at a player's reputation in their decisions. they're only human after all. and lualua is a difficult player particularly on the continent.