Old school naija teams

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Which is the best team of all time u-17 & u-20

Poll ended at Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:41 am

u-17:'85
40%
u-17 :'87
No votes
u-17:'89
No votes
u-20:'85
No votes
u-20:'87
20%
u-20:'89
40%

Total votes: 5

omonaija
Egg
Egg
Old school naija teams

Post by omonaija »

Saudi '89 Team
  • Angus Ikeji
    Jimoh Balogun
    Nduka Ugbade
    Chris Ohehen
    Sam Elijah
    Taiwo Enegwa
    Oladuni Oyekale
    Mutiu Adepoju
    Peter Ogaba
    Dimeji Lawal
    Anthony Emedofu
    Chinedu Odiari
    Tony Charity
    Chris Nwosu
    Mike Onyemachara
    Bawa Abdulahi
    Philip Osondu
    Emeka Amadi
U-17 Canada '87
  • Angus Ikeji
    Deweri tuworimi
    Peter Ogaba
    Fatai Atere
    Taiwo Enegwa
    Oladuni Oyekale
    Charles Obazzee
    Dimeji Lawal
    Segun Fetuga
    Anthony Emedofu
    Lemmy Isa
    Bawa Abdulahi
    Philip Osondu
    Sarafa Salami
Guys,
any of you know the list of the u-17 '89 with jide oguntuase, victor Ikpeba, godwin Okpara etc. Also the Chile u-20 team of willy Okpara, Etim Esin, etc
Feel free
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Chile'87 remains the best selection of young players to ever wear the national colours. Cheii they were to much and who can forget Etim Esin...
Soldier of Fortune...
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

It has to be the 85 team. When they attack, they do so in pack. The end result is either the ball enters the net, hits the post or keeper makes a save. Those guys were very clinical in their quick counter attack.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

MI5 wrote:Chile'87 remains the best selection of young players to ever wear the national colours. Cheii they were to much and who can forget Etim Esin...
M15,
Who are the other players that are known that were in the squad at chile 87?? Abeg hook me up with some names. Theyemster, Goti etc...y' all fit help too!
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Nigeria's squad to Chile'87

Willy Opkara
Lucky Agbonsabave
Baba Ahmed Ibrahim
Eyo Essien
Ladi Babalola
John Ene Okon
Etim Esin
Thompson Oliha
Adeolu Adekola
Ikpwonsa Omorege
Jonathan Akponbonborie
Nduka Ugbade
Lawrence Ukeagbu
Peter Nikitien
Nosa Osadolor

Make i go FIFA.com go get the rest for you....

OKPARA Williams 06-Sep-68
[10] ESIN Etim 05-Oct-69
[11] UKAEGBU Lawrence 15-Sep-69
[12] AGBONSEVBAFE Lucky 12-Aug-69
[13] IGBINOBA Victor 08-Oct-69
[14] NDIYO Eyo Esien 25-Dec-68
[15] OLIHA Thompsom 04-Oct-68
[16] AHMED Baba Ibrahim 08-Dec-68
[17] OSADOLOR Nosa 27-Aug-68
[18] ADEGBENRO Biodun 17-Dec-71
[ 2] ADAMU Sani 02-Nov-68
[ 3] NIEKETIEN Peter 26-Nov-68
[ 4] EFFA Okon Ene 15-Mar-69
[ 5] UGBADE Nduka 06-Sep-69
[ 6] BABALOLA Oladipopu 04-Aug-68
[ 7] ADEKOLA Adeolu 19-May-68
[ 8] OMOREGIE Ikpowosa 04-Nov-67
[ 9] AKPOBORIE Jonathan 20-Oct-68

omonaija wrote:
MI5 wrote:Chile'87 remains the best selection of young players to ever wear the national colours. Cheii they were to much and who can forget Etim Esin...
M15,
Who are the other players that are known that were in the squad at chile 87?? Abeg hook me up with some names. Theyemster, Goti etc...y' all fit help too!
Last edited by MI5 on Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

MI5 wrote:Willy Opkara
Lucky Agbonsabave
Baba Ahmed Ibrahim
Eyo Essien
Ladi Babalola
John Ene Okon
Etim Esin
Thompson Oliha
Adeolu Adekola
Ikpwonsa Omorege
Jonathan Akponbonborie
Nduka Ugbade
Lawrence Ukeagbu
Peter Nikitien
Nosa Osadolor

Make i go FIFA.com go get the rest for you....

omonaija wrote:
M15,
More blessings....more grease to ya elbow!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Soldier of Fortune...
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Nigeria's squad that went to Scotland'89....

[1] AIKHUOMOGBE Andrew (GK)
[2] OGUNTUNASE Babajide
[3] EDON Bobolayefa
[4] MUHAMMED Nura
[7] KESHIRO Kayode
[8] MANCHA Patrick
[9] UMORU Sunny
[10] FETUGA Olusegun
[11] IKPEBA Victor
[13] AGUM John
[15] OKPARA Godwin

[12] ISA Lemmy (GK)
[5] BOYI Bala
[6] MONYE Precious
[14] AKOSU Aondofa
[16] ANAZONWU Chiedu
[17] AKWUEGBU Benedict
[18] SAKI John

Coach: BRODRICK-IMASUEN- Nigeria
Last edited by MI5 on Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

M15,
Thanks man!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Un pleasure...

omonaija wrote:M15,
Thanks man!
Soldier of Fortune...
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Yes the Moscow'85 squad were in a world of their own as they took teams apart with clinical finishing.. Cheii also a one of the best to come and the players who played in that team.. Cheii the good old days of Naija soccer at it's best....

Talk IT wrote:It has to be the 85 team. When they attack, they do so in pack. The end result is either the ball enters the net, hits the post or keeper makes a save. Those guys were very clinical in their quick counter attack.
Soldier of Fortune...
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Omonaija, Thanks for bringing back fantastic memories of how we did so well in the 80's all the way to the early 90's before things fell apart. You take right back down memory lanes with all the names of this players, who they were back then and what they represented to Nigeria's soccer history. Only wish our soccer hasn't gone so bad we would still be up there today playing in all this finals. Today we can't even qualify out of Africa talk less of even participating in the real tournament.

I hope some kind of redemption or some change maybe a thunder in the sky or something that will bring back the good memories because if we don't get our acts together our soccer will be oboselete for good... God help us....
Soldier of Fortune...
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

MI5 wrote:Omonaija, Thanks for bringing back fantastic memories of how we did so well in the 80's all the way to the early 90's before things fell apart. You take right back down memory lanes with all the names of this players, who they were back then and what they represented to Nigeria's soccer history. Only wish our soccer hasn't gone so bad we would still be up there today playing in all this finals. Today we can't even qualify out of Africa talk less of even participating in the real tournament.

I hope some kind of redemption or some change maybe a thunder in the sky or something that will bring back the good memories because if we don't get our acts together our soccer will be oboselete for good... God help us....
Exactly the same thought I had before bringing this topic to this forum. I was talking to a friend in Texas and there and then we started reminicising the old day of when football was played in pure class, on team work, not on individual skillz like we see nowadays. Good ol' days!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Yes ohh those were the days where teamwork, cohesion, untiy and all were the order of the day. Today it's a different story. I am glad i enjoyed every bit of it during those times and if i could go back to the past again for this i will... Those were special moments in Naija soccer history...

omonaija wrote:
MI5 wrote:Omonaija, Thanks for bringing back fantastic memories of how we did so well in the 80's all the way to the early 90's before things fell apart. You take right back down memory lanes with all the names of this players, who they were back then and what they represented to Nigeria's soccer history. Only wish our soccer hasn't gone so bad we would still be up there today playing in all this finals. Today we can't even qualify out of Africa talk less of even participating in the real tournament.

Exactly the same thought I had before bringing this topic to this forum. I was talking to a friend in Texas and there and then we started reminicising the old day of when football was played in pure class, on team work, not on individual skillz like we see nowadays. Good ol' days!
Soldier of Fortune...