Aghahowa, others blame Chukwu for Eagles' loss

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

•••Says he acts alone in decision making
By ADE OJEIKERE in Tunis
The disturbing news from the Super Eagles camp in Monastir is that the chief coach Christian Chukwu, does not consult with his assistants and key members of the team about technical matters, according to comments from Julius Aghahowa and Austin Eguavoen.

In fact, Aghahowa was unconsolable as he stormed out of the team's bus after the loss, hissing and talking to all who care to listen that this was the first time he would see a coach abandon what had been done in training for a strategy that was doomed to fail.

I'm not saying that we should be contacted, but when reservations are made about a particular match plan in training that restricts the potentials of the players, it is only fair that the coach listens because we play the game and know what we can do and what we cannot. The supply of balls from the midfield was going to be a problem with the calibre of players in camp and it showed during our training and matches. I would have thought that the coach would have corrected that.

Instead, he opted for a more confusing approach that made the midfield not existent in the match. As soon as he took Kanu out of the game, I knew that he was not following the game and it was rather unfortunate. Had Kanu remained and the right changes made, we would have at least drawn the game. Of what use was the changes made by the coach to the game? Our game plan collapsed completely with Kanu' exit,''he said.

In the case of one of the assistant coaches who pleaded anonymity, he begged Nigerians to ask Chukwu why he does not consult with his technical staff before picking players for any game?

" Please ask Chukwu why Lawal who was the revelation of the team in Faro was not even fielded as a substitute? Also ask Chukwu what he has against Wilson Oruma even with the dearth of creative midfielders in the team? Why would Chukwu cause Nigerians pain by abandoning the wing-play formation we perfected in training for a confused pattern that made good players in the team play like kids?

Let us ask Chukwu how it was possible for those that scored the goals during the friendlies being excluded from the first game? If we were beaten by a better side, it would not have hurt me this much, the players said whilst fighting back tears.

http://www.newage-online.com/sports/article07
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

hehehehehe

I doubt JAG would blurt out like this. Even my anti-CCC stance is not enough to make me chop this one. :mrgreen:
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
GDAY
Egg
Egg

Post by GDAY »

thanks for gist like this...chukwu, has a lot to explain to 9ja people.
”The strength of the Team is each individual member. The Strength of each member is the Team.”
Phil Jackson..
fishward1
Egg
Egg

Post by fishward1 »

WHAT DOES IT MATTER WHAT CHUKWU DID. IT IS NOT HIS FAULT . WHICH FOREIGN COACH WOULD HAVE AGREED TO BRING A TEAM TO A TOURNAMENT WITHOUT THE FOLLOWING.
1) NO FRIENDLIES AGAINST OTHER COUNTRIES
2) ALL THE FIRST TEAM PLAYERS NOT TOGETHER UNTILL 1 DAY BEFORE
THE TOURNAMNENT
3) NO BUDJET FOR COACHES FOR DEFENSE AND ATTACK
4) NO GOALKEEPER WITH INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE
5)NO GAMES AT HOME IN FRONT OF ITS EMPLOYER SO THAT CRITICISM AND DECISIONS ON PLAYERS CAN BE JUDGED BY THE FA
6) NO FITNESS TRAINER TO KEEP THE TEAM FIT
7) NO VIDEO OF ITS OPPONENTS RECENT GAMES
8) NO BUDGET TO PERSONALLY VIEW THE PERFORMANCE OF ITS
FOREIGN AND LOCAL PLAYERS

PLEASE GET REAL HE WAS GIVEN A CRAP SHOOT AND IT FAILED THIS IS GAMBLING NOT REASONED PREPARATION. ALL LAST MINUTE.
IF GUS HIDDINK WAS OUR CAOCH NON OF THE ABOVE WOULD HAVE BEEN TOLERATED ANYONE LATE FOR CAMP WOULD BE AUTOMATICALLY DECAMPED. OKOCHA INCLUDED.
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

I hope this is true, but the writer is and 1diot. he mentionedEguavoens name in the topic, but said a technical staff who pleaded anonimity. how da fuccck is that Anonymous
PMZOkocha
Egg
Egg

Post by PMZOkocha »

Regardless of how true this is, someone does need to question that coach and his head full of cow $#% rather than actual brain matter.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Even tho, I am not used to believing things like this, one must say that typically, our players hold their peace until the end of the tournament. This one is out of order.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

kaycee2g wrote:I hope this is true, but the writer is and 1diot. he mentionedEguavoens name in the topic, but said a technical staff who pleaded anonimity. how da fuccck is that Anonymous
:mrgreen:
Eaglet
Eaglet

deanotito wrote:Even tho, I am not used to believing things like this, one must say that typically, our players hold their peace until the end of the tournament. This one is out of order.
i no blame the bobo, if he doesnt do this, NFA plus CCC will remain the same
NFA + CCC = first round exit
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

But it makes no use doing it now...let us finish the job first....even hothead taribo waited until the end of the WC.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
ayohoff
Egg
Egg

Post by ayohoff »

i guess that was obvious from Egu's interview
great goal!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

This is the beginning of the end for Chukwu.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

WHAT DOES IT MATTER WHAT CHUKWU DID. IT IS NOT HIS FAULT . WHICH FOREIGN COACH WOULD HAVE AGREED TO BRING A TEAM TO A TOURNAMENT WITHOUT THE FOLLOWING.
1) NO FRIENDLIES AGAINST OTHER COUNTRIES
2) ALL THE FIRST TEAM PLAYERS NOT TOGETHER UNTILL 1 DAY BEFORE
THE TOURNAMNENT
3) NO BUDJET FOR COACHES FOR DEFENSE AND ATTACK
4) NO GOALKEEPER WITH INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE
5)NO GAMES AT HOME IN FRONT OF ITS EMPLOYER SO THAT CRITICISM AND DECISIONS ON PLAYERS CAN BE JUDGED BY THE FA
6) NO FITNESS TRAINER TO KEEP THE TEAM FIT
7) NO VIDEO OF ITS OPPONENTS RECENT GAMES
NO BUDGET TO PERSONALLY VIEW THE PERFORMANCE OF ITS
FOREIGN AND LOCAL PLAYERS

PLEASE GET REAL HE WAS GIVEN A CRAP SHOOT AND IT FAILED THIS IS GAMBLING NOT REASONED PREPARATION. ALL LAST MINUTE.
IF GUS HIDDINK WAS OUR CAOCH NON OF THE ABOVE WOULD HAVE BEEN TOLERATED ANYONE LATE FOR CAMP WOULD BE AUTOMATICALLY DECAMPED. OKOCHA INCLUDED.

I dont know if there is any naija coach that has ever been supplied with every single thing on that list...both local and foreign...In Nigerian soccer, coaching without most of the things u list has become the norm..I dont think C3 was expecting to get any of those things anyway, and if he was i dont think he opened his mouth to say so...and even if he did, would they have been of much help to a MUGU like C3?

Any coach who says that he is not worried about the opposing team doesn't have a need for soccer tapes...let alone the other things on that list
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

deanotito wrote:But it makes no use doing it now...let us finish the job first....even hothead taribo waited until the end of the WC.
agreed, he could have waited
Egg
Re: Aghahowa, others blame Chukwu for Eagles' loss

Post by kudos »

Toxicarrow wrote:Aghahowa, others blame Chukwu for Eagles' loss
•••Says he acts alone in decision making
By ADE OJEIKERE in Tunis
The disturbing news from the Super Eagles camp in Monastir is that the chief coach Christian Chukwu, does not consult with his assistants and key members of the team about technical matters, according to comments from Julius Aghahowa and Austin Eguavoen.

In fact, Aghahowa was unconsolable as he stormed out of the team's bus after the loss, hissing and talking to all who care to listen that this was the first time he would see a coach abandon what had been done in training for a strategy that was doomed to fail.

I'm not saying that we should be contacted, but when reservations are made about a particular match plan in training that restricts the potentials of the players, it is only fair that the coach listens because we play the game and know what we can do and what we cannot. The supply of balls from the midfield was going to be a problem with the calibre of players in camp and it showed during our training and matches. I would have thought that the coach would have corrected that.

Instead, he opted for a more confusing approach that made the midfield not existent in the match. As soon as he took Kanu out of the game, I knew that he was not following the game and it was rather unfortunate. Had Kanu remained and the right changes made, we would have at least drawn the game. Of what use was the changes made by the coach to the game? Our game plan collapsed completely with Kanu' exit,''he said.
In the case of one of the assistant coaches who pleaded anonymity, he begged Nigerians to ask Chukwu why he does not consult with his technical staff before picking players for any game?

" Please ask Chukwu why Lawal who was the revelation of the team in Faro was not even fielded as a substitute? Also ask Chukwu what he has against Wilson Oruma even with the dearth of creative midfielders in the team? Why would Chukwu cause Nigerians pain by abandoning the wing-play formation we perfected in training for a confused pattern that made good players in the team play like kids?

Let us ask Chukwu how it was possible for those that scored the goals during the friendlies being excluded from the first game? If we were beaten by a better side, it would not have hurt me this much, the players said whilst fighting back tears.

http://www.newage-online.com/sports/article07
How come nobody commented on the highlighted part? It seems to me that JAg wanted kanu to complete the game.Na wa o, did he not see what other forumites saw?
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

some ppl have to swallow their words:mrgreen:
Maybe papillo dash Jag coloring Book
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

I wonder when Chukwu will have time to do brainstorming that you guys are demanding from him if all he gets is 'fire' from all directions.

It's just damning to be a coach. To top it, it's damning to be the coach of the SE.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

Kanu is a waste pipe, Aghahowa needs to see what we see from the sidelines...i think Aghahowa is still high off that Atlanta 96 juice...
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

balo wrote:I wonder when Chukwu will have time to do brainstorming that you guys are demanding from him if all he gets is 'fire' from all directions.

It's just damning to be a coach. To top it, it's damning to be the coach of the SE.

does that fire include the pink slip?
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kaycee2g wrote:I hope this is true, but the writer is and 1diot. he mentionedEguavoens name in the topic, but said a technical staff who pleaded anonimity. how da fuccck is that Anonymous
:D :D :D :D now that is funny
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
NEDI
Egg
Egg

Post by NEDI »

Agawonder needs to chill. We still have two matches before we're officially out except he saying they plan on shooting blanks in the next two games.
Also funny how he complains about Kanu's substitution with only about 20 min left while most forumers complain about his inclusion in the first place. Makes you wonder what the initial game plan he talked about , that Kanu turn on the 'JETS" during injury time?
marloski
Egg
Egg

Post by marloski »

Here we go again!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
daddyrich
Egg
Egg

Post by daddyrich »

Wasn't Eguavoen lauding Chukwu over including him and Bitrus in the squad selection before the tournament?

Which one is the fable now or then??? :?
Baxter Onigbinde's second coming is the most disingenious stint ever in Nigerian coaching history.