BEYOND CAN 2004, THE WAY FORWARD FOR NIGERIAN SOCCER.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

I can't help but be amazed that most of you think everything is just fine. :roll: :roll: :? :shock:
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

Mastermind wrote:
we need to look for replacement for the missing links in the team. We need more experienced strikers like martins and yakubu. We need to get another DM that can do the distribution cos olofinjana is weak in that department. We need to replace okoronkwo with a better CD. We need to retire kanu's jersey, and we also need to hire a good tactician.

I Agree with you 100%
CAPTAIN HAWKINS
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

Thank you Eagles for giving me a pleasant birthday present last Sunday by shutting up the noisy Lions.........but as usual...........

THE ONLY THING PREDICTABLE ABOUT THE SUPER EAGLES IS THEIR UNPREDICTABILITY

Still can't believe this is the same team that played last Sunday.

For what purpose was Lawal subtituted, when he should have swapped position with Udeze like they did on Sunday?. Well that's water over the bridge now.

I am with ROGO2k1 that we concentrate on qualifying for the Olympics and make the team the nucleus of future SE.
CAPTAIN HAWKINS
Bell

Post by Bell »

OBA FROM MONTREAL, GREAT IDEAS

Planning like this is definitely needed. It might surprise you that C3 (in recent posts) also has expressed roughly the same ideas.

But I join ROGO2K1 and AKAMOKE to implore you to please get over your FC infatuation and let continuity take place. Let's stop truncating progress with this mindless feeling that unless a foreigner (preferably white, preferably European) is in control, nothing would work.

Amodu did great in his time and went against top-notch FC's and didn't come out too bad. But he was fired. Can you imagine where he and the SE would be today if he were left in place?

Similarly, against all odds, C3 has gone against FC and was not made to look bad. But you still insist on your FC. Somebody suggested Lemerre forgetting that he didn't do much with a star-studded French side. At a time when people were predicting that FC Robson couldn't take the SE beyond the first round C3 alm ost took them to the finals. What more do you want?

And YUJAM is asking for a new team as though forgetting that C3 was crucified here for doing same.

What the SE needs now is stability. And you OBA FROM MONTREAL should seek this if your long-term plan is to work. If C3 needs any help it can be found within. Why not bring Amodu back and make him Deputy Head Coach?
Bell
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

What the Eagles need most now is stability. There is
a good core team with good spirit. Agali and Babayaro
should not be on this team again as they have proven
time and again, they are disruptive forces - despite their
well-acknowledged talent. Aiyegbeni should be given
a 2nd chance.

Other people should be worked into the team as needed.

The team does not need a major overhaul at this point!!
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

Having considered all the arguements, I agree that Chukwu should be given a chance. But he needs to improve his tactical abilities. If only there were a coaching school. There is no doubt who the Team Manager should be, but do we really have that much confidence in his tactical abilities?

If we keep him, then we must be ready to train him. He must play AGAINST the best coaches in the world, make mistakes and learn the hard way. That is the only other way out I see. I think he should play at total of at least 30 matches before the next Nations Cup/World Cup.
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

Nigeria problem will not necessarily be solved by a foreign coach. Amodu, Onigbinde, CCC have held their own against enuff Oyinbo coaches for us to know that.

what eagus need is a coach with the right vision. A creative coach.

The issue with CCC is not so much his tactics. Its more his vision. Over-reliance on Kanu & playing a single rookie DM may have denied him a better outcome.

At the end of the day, Amodu, if he would agree to be more humble may be better than any world-class Oyinbo coach out there. And he will not need too much time either as he knows the system well already.
Bell

Post by Bell »

HERE'S A GREAT IDEA FROM FLEDI

Employ Lemerre and retain C3 as head coach. Let's face it what FLEDI is recommending (to his shame) is that Lemerre become the real coach while C3 is retained as a figure head for public relations purposes.

First of all, it is not even known if Lemerre could be attracted to Nigeria and paid what he's making today. Be that as it may, what did he do in Korea/Japan or in CAN 2004 to make him so desirable against C3 that he's just gone again?
Bell
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

omotori wrote:Nigeria problem will not necessarily be solved by a foreign coach. Amodu, Onigbinde, CCC have held their own against enuff Oyinbo coaches for us to know that.

what eagus need is a coach with the right vision. A creative coach.

The issue with CCC is not so much his tactics. Its more his vision. Over-reliance on Kanu & playing a single rookie DM may have denied him a better outcome.

At the end of the day, Amodu, if he would agree to be more humble may be better than any world-class Oyinbo coach out there. And he will not need too much time either as he knows the system well already.
You talk as if it is a foregone conclusion that Chukwu's contract would not be renewed.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Oba men, i feel you on the whole issue, how i wish this message from the introduction will be passed to the glass house (NFA) with immediate effects. Nigeria lacks proper plan leaders.
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

Irrespective of whether CCC is re-appointed or not, the NFA needs a data base of 33 players (3 per position) that can be called upon for the series of qualifiers coming soon. The database should NOT be more than 33 at any time - meaning you add a new player when you drop one. Advantage of this is the assurance that for any match - friendly, qualifier etc, the coach has 3 options for every position. This will keep everybody on their toes since they know if they don't show there are at least 2 more guys in the waiting hall.

I cannot lay claim to knowing every player out there these days, but here's a beginning DRAFT that others can contirbute to , or refine.
CE should forward the final list to NFA as our contribution to football progress in Naija.

GOALIES: ...............................................Enyeama, Ejide, Etafia
R. WING BACK:.......................................Abbey, Okunowo, ??
L. WING BACK........................................Idahor, Lawal, Melkam
L. MIDFIELD...........................................Udeze, Ekwueme, Omoefe
R. MIDFIELD...........................................Oruma, M. Lawal, Kalu
CD (R-SIDE)............................................Yobo, Enarkhire, Olajengbesi
CD (L-SIDE).............................................Izuagha, Orjinta, Omokoh
DM.(1)......................................................Xtopher, Olofin, ??
DM (2).....................................................Obodo, Ogunbure, Etuhu
STRIKER (1).............................................JAG, Uttaka, Osaze
STRIKER (2).............................................Martins, Makinwa, Okoduwa
CAPTAIN HAWKINS