Sport Minister Dinner w Eagles afta Lossing to lift MORALE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE
Sport Minister Dinner w Eagles afta Lossing to lift MORALE

Post by VINDAVE »

Just to boost their morale since no bonus was paid to them for loosing the match.

As a way of boosting the sagging morale, the minister had dinner with the team at their hotel.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/sport/20040129spo03.html
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Chukwu wins vote of confidence

By Osasu Obayiuwana
BBC Sport, Monastir

Report: Nigeria 0-1 Morocco
Nigeria team profile
Nigeria squad selector

Nigeria's sports minister Musa Mohammed has declared his confidence in the ability of Super Eagles manager Christian Chukwu, despite the Cup of Nations defeat to Morocco.
Nigeria, among the favourites for this year's crown, were beaten 1-0 in their opening game on Tuesday.

But Mohammed told BBC Sport: "I still have confidence in Chukwu."

He added: "I think that the team Chukwu presented for the match against Morocco is the best that the country can present at the moment.

"It was unfortunate that we lost, but in football sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

"I think that if Chukwu and the players are given a bit of a push, we will be alright in the next two games," Mohammed said.

But the sports minister insisted that the Super Eagles ultimately require the services of an expatriate coach, as long as the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) can raise the funds to pay his salary.

All I have in my mind is for Nigeria to win this cup and I think they are still going to do that

Musa Mohammed, Nigeria sports minister

"If we are going to have a foreign coach, the Nigeria Football Association must show that they have the funds to foot the bill.

"Unless we change the policy, it is not the responsibility of the government to pay for a foreign coach," Mohammed said.

The sports minister denied interfering in the daily running of the NFA, which would go against Fifa regulations that protect football associations from governmental interference.

But Mohammed said that he reserves the right to ensure that NFA secretary-general Taiwo Ogunjobi, who is the body's chief executive, does a proper job of managing Nigerian football.

"If he [the secretary-general of the NFA] is doing things wrong we have to put him right.

"Don't forget that the ministry appointed the secretary-general."

With immense pressure on Chukwu and NFA officials to earn their passage to the knockout stages of the Nations Cup, Mohammed did not rule out the dissolution of the NFA board should they fail to live up to expectations in Tunisia.

"Let's wait and see. For now, all I have in my mind is for Nigeria to win this cup and I think they are still going to do that," Mohammed said.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

so na becos dem dey chop food with minister, their morale go boost ?

see me see trouble. Make dem all sidon watch the match together and write 10 reasons why dem lose. then make dem all read their answers out. Figure out how dem go change am. O pari.

Diner koo Diner niii.. Shiiioooooooooo
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE