Robbynice-Why did Kanu play so badly

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet
Robbynice-Why did Kanu play so badly

Post by MI5 »

Robbynice,

As a staunch supporter of Papillo, why did he play so badly and also why did he start the game when he wasn't match and didn't do anything? Why..
Soldier of Fortune...
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

MI5, hear it cause I am saying it only once. KANU DID NOT PLAY BADLY. Go and rewatch the tape. :x
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Robbynice,

He was the worst player on the field and which game did you watch?
Soldier of Fortune...
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

MI5 wrote:Robbynice,

I beg to differ. How someone who watched that game can say with a straight face that Kanu was the worst player on the field that day beats me. I just assume since expectation was so high and he played ordinarily that is why you made that asumption. Well Saturday cometh soon.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Robby,

Admit Kanu had no business in the starting lineup and in the game. If things were not going well why didn't he drop back and help out defensively when the pressure was to much on the defence or take over the midfield..

Stop trying to defend mediocrity abeg... He was the worst player on the field that day....

Robbynice wrote:
MI5 wrote:Robbynice,

I beg to differ. How someone who watched that game can say with a straight face that Kanu was the worst player on the field that day beats me. I just assume since expectation was so high and he played ordinarily that is why you made that asumption. Well Saturday cometh soon.
Soldier of Fortune...
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Robbynice
I Admire your loyalty, but your credibility is suffering as a result.
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

MI5, whether had a business starting the game or not is not the issue. The bottom line is Kanu did not play badly. Yes it did not play up to expectation but he wasn't the only one on the green grass that day that didn't play up to expectation.

What you mean by "Stop trying to defend mediocrity abeg"? That is what you bashers refer to when an argument is not going your way. Who is supporting mediocrity? If you watch the game and be objective in your reasoning you will know that Kanu did not play badly. That my brother is a fact.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

toyin133 wrote:Robbynice
Ol'boy I am sorry to say. I have said times without number that Kanu is not a 90 minutes player. But how can someone say with a straight face that Kanu played badly in that game? Common now. I am pick at atleast three players who did not play up to par in that game before I get to Kanu.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Robbynice wrote:
toyin133 wrote:Robbynice
Ol'boy I am sorry to say. I have said times without number that Kanu is not a 90 minutes player. But how can someone say with a straight face that Kanu played badly in that game? Common now. I am pick at atleast three players who did not play up to par in that game before I get to Kanu.
Try naming those 3 players with a straight face
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Robbynice,

Admit it Kanu was one of the worst player on the field on Tuesday, woeful and played badly. If i were him i would request a copy of the game watch it and see what i did and improve on it. Has he done that?

This is what happens when a player doesn't want to practice, doesn't want to do anything, feels he is above training camp and all this is the end result.
Soldier of Fortune...
don1
Egg
Egg
Just one bad game for Kanu....

Post by don1 »

Hey! what's up with the papilo bashing? One bad game doesnt make you a bad player. That wasn't his best game no doubt - I expect him to bounce back cos he still is a quality player (even at age 35+). No more automatic shirt for the man, I think (but y'all know who's in charge). Hope I don't eat my words